You need to LOG IN to reply.

A Fully POC Bok XV

Forum » Rugby » A Fully POC Bok XV

Mar 14, 2019, 00:57

After all these years, is it finally possible to field a competitive Bok XV made entirely non-white players? Here's my XV, if you have any suggestions, post them. Lets see what we can come up with. 

1. Lizo Gqoboka
  2. Bongi Mbonambi
  3. Trevor Nyakane
  4. Hyron Andrews
  5. Marvin Orie
  6. Siya Kolisi
  7. Thembelani Bholi
  8. Hacjivah Dayimani
  9. Embrose Papier
  10. Elton Jantjies
  11. Makazole Mapimpi
  12. Damian Willemse
  13. Lukhanyo Am
  14. Sibusiso Nkosi
  15. Warrick Gelant

There are overseas based players such as Mujati, who I have not seen in many years. I'm primarily looking at South African based players. 

Mar 14, 2019, 01:07

Vermaak has been a better scrummager than Gqoboka....but that's probably the best available team, although few of these players should be first choice for the Boks.

Mar 14, 2019, 01:08

Could add a few Cheetahs players in there, Dweba, Nche and Maxwane the main ones. Also have the other young Lion loosie coming through, Simelane too and then the Stormers scrummie is gradually getting included more this year. Augustus needs some playing time to develop, I'd invest in him over Notshe.

Mar 14, 2019, 01:10

If quota numbers are going to increase, it has to come from the backs. I don't like the options at lock or loose forward. We have many in the back three. This is probably the strongest depth in the front row we've ever had. I don't think SA will ever be a country to succeed with non-white forwards. 

Mar 14, 2019, 01:35

Dyantyi ahead of Mapimpi.

Those two locks are super shit but the options are limited.

Moerat is potentially better than both.

Notshe ahead of Dayamani

Aghabar ahead of Bohli

Mar 14, 2019, 01:49

Mapimpi definitely over Dyantyi. I don't buy into Notshe at all. Was exceedingly poor last year. 

Mar 14, 2019, 02:22

Bullshit re Notshe and Dyantyi was the best wing in the game last year

Mar 14, 2019, 03:34

If the ANC wants to enforce Quotas, they should select a Mauri style team as backups. 

If this team gets their arses handed to them, it is a reflection of African politics- just some people with communist ideals stealing the majorities money. 

Mar 14, 2019, 07:11

Agreed, that would be the best thing to do. However, that would leave the door open for whities. They'd rather be humiliated in front of the entire world and discriminate than build a strong and successful team. 

Mar 14, 2019, 07:32

Show a little respect, Doos.

This team would get hammered by most clubs and so I think that it's only fair to the Sprngboks and their rich history, to change the name of this team of quotas, to something more appropriate ... like "The Goats" ... cause let's face it ... they're not Boks by a long shot.

To think that that's the best they can come up with. ... lol!!!

Mar 14, 2019, 08:27

This is what is called a no sense contribution based on junk.   The teams  election is awkward to say the least.   

As Mozart said - a very few of the above players are international standard and some ar dubious selections anyway,        

Mar 14, 2019, 08:52

Keep your assessments for yourself Mike. The question was simple: After all these years, can we field a competitive non-white team? A reasonable question given the nature of South African political meddling in sports. 

"The teams election is awkward to say the least"

How so? 

Mar 14, 2019, 08:53

Must agree, Mike ... it's the same as his Super Rugby "depth" selections ... pointless ... filled with sub standard garbage, that should never be described anyone as our "depth".

It's laughable to think of Hendricks as a contender for Bok colours ... as is the case with most of those on his silly little list.

What next ... a starting 15 of school boy quotas ... ??

Mar 14, 2019, 09:02

It's a stupid question, Doos.

Why would we want to field a racist side like that ... and who would they be competing against ... surely not the All Blacks ... '?

Mar 14, 2019, 12:02

Notshe hasn't cut it at tests and has never shown any signs of being able to to begin with. He should go north and let some other more able players come through the Stormers system. 

Mar 14, 2019, 12:15

Herr Albi losing his nerve. It's been a very poor few days for you and your little friend. I don't blame the dummy spit, it can't be easy having everyone laugh at you! :D

Tell us again how a player with a long term injury is considered depth. :silly:

You must be seething now that the stupid, slow quota Hendricks is outplaying your more favoured selections. How does the egg taste? :P

Mar 14, 2019, 13:08

Organhuffer some of the oaks don't like to play around with ideas, they are somewhat close minded.

Dave's selections improve your side in my opinion.

Pack would be vunerable but the backs could compete

Mar 15, 2019, 15:41

That is not a bad team sheet, but how would you sell this game or convince the politicians that it is in the best interest of giving players of colour a chance to compete against the best. 

Unfortunately, our country has 11 official languages and no single ethnic identity like the Mauris. 

There  is not enough players of a single language group that would be able to compete. 

You could the King Shaka Zulu Impi's or Mandela Totsi or even the tokeloshis 

The old SA actually had a black team and an coloured team that travelled and played abroad. I think they were called the bonte books. 

Mar 15, 2019, 16:51

Mar 15, 2019, 16:51

What about the All White Springboks. (The invitational Apartheid XV, or the reverse transformists). :D

1. Kitshoff

2. Marx

3. Malherbe

4. Eben

5. RJ Synman

6. Francious Louw

7. Stephanie

8. Vermeulen

9. Faff Deklerk

10. Pollard

12. Frans Steyn

13. Jessica Kriel

14. Van Der Merve

15. Willie Leroux

11. Ruan Combrink

Coach: Roedolf Straulie

PR Manager: Eugene Terblanche

Bag Carrier: Alister Coetzee

Baby Carrier: Julius Malema

Mar 15, 2019, 17:08

Outstanding! :D

Mar 15, 2019, 21:45

Louw at 6 and Frans at 12 is a joke

Mar 15, 2019, 22:40

Louw is still the best fetcher the Boks have.  Inside centre is an anomaly, I am not happy with either Delande or Esterhuizen. 

Mar 15, 2019, 22:53

Bullshit Louw is as average as they come - Kolisi, Jaco Kriel and Kwagga are all better.

I love the way a fetcher gets judged by the odd turnover he effects.

Louw is lucky if he turns over one ball a test but adds very little in all the other departments so what makes him better than more visual and effective players in general play like the 3 I mentioned.

Frans Steyn is a has been playing his rugby at fullback for Montpellier because Jan Serfontein is the 12 and playing great rugby at the moment.

de Allende beat more defenders and made more clean breaks than any other test 12 last year but that is not good enough for you - I don’t get it?

Mar 15, 2019, 22:57

I forgot about Serfontein, he would be a better option. He needs to get back into the mix this season to make the 12 position his own. 

I dont trust Delande, he has the hardware but no software to take options.

I am a fan of Kolisi - especially on fast pitches, like those he will play on in Japan.
However, this was an All White Bok team.

Mar 15, 2019, 22:58

All white side:

15. Willie 14. Duhan vd Merwe 13. Kriel 12. de Allende 11. Combrink 10. Pollard 9. Faf 1. Kitshoff 2. Marx 3. Louw 4. Etzebeth 5. PSDT 6. Kriel 7. JL du Preez 8. Marcel Coetzee

Mar 16, 2019, 04:05

Damian was a toothless guppy who did not make more clean breaks. He actually only logged 4 all of last year for the Boks. Clean breaks were never his speciality. He was bettered by André. Frans wouldn't have much trouble bettering him either. Damian is as Moz puts it, a tractor. He eats up space, never creates it. Slow, uncertain runs. Head darting every which way before cutting back in to contact, because he cannot read play. 

Kwagga has shown no signs of bettering Louw. He was totally dominated by the Welsh in a game that was there for the taking. Where was he? That's all the info we have on him. Very reminiscent of Watson in 2007.

You need to Log in to reply.