You need to LOG IN to reply.

Akira Ioane finally named in the extended squad of 41 ... but ...

Forum » Rugby » Akira Ioane finally named in the extended squad of 41 ... but ...

Apr 09, 2019, 08:38

there's no room for the old man (36 years old) Nonu ...

All Blacks squad:

Forwards

Dane Coles, Liam Coltman, Nathan Harris, Codie Taylor, Owen Franks, Nepo Laulala, Tyrel Lomax, Joe Moody, Angus Ta'avao, Karl Tu'inukuafe, Ofa Tuungafasi, Scott Barrett, Jackson Hemopo, Brodie Retallick, Patrick Tuipulotu, Samuel Whitelock, Sam Cane, Vaea Fifita, Shannon Frizell, Akira Ioane, Kieran Read, Ardie Savea, Liam Squire, Matt Todd, Luke Whitelock

Backs

TJ Perenara, Aaron Smith, Te Toiroa Tahuriorangi, Beauden Barrett, Damian McKenzie, Richie Mo'unga, Ryan Crotty, Jack Goodhue, Ngani Laumape, Anton Lienert-Brown, Sonny Bill Williams, Jordie Barrett, George Bridge, Rieko Ioane, Waisake Naholo, Ben Smith

I was expecting Pari Pari Parkinson's name to be there.

Apr 09, 2019, 09:23

A very strong squad.  

I've noticed that whenever the All Blacks announce a squad there's hardly ever an outcry because they pick the in-form and quality players that everyone expects them to pick.

Compare that to a Springbok squad announcement when the entire country collectively shits its pants.

Apr 09, 2019, 11:58

I watched Pari-Pari in a couple of games.   I am afraid he is the NZ equivalent of  Orie and co as locks.   Maybe good enough on Super Rugby - but not able tot ake the step up to test level. 

Apr 09, 2019, 12:45

Ou Maaik, how do you know Parkinson cannot make the step up to test level? Have you seen him play in a test match?

Apr 09, 2019, 12:58

The AB’s always get their selections right unlike our out of touch Bok coaches

You need to Log in to reply.