All Blacks linked with Steroids

Forum » Rugby » All Blacks linked with Steroids

Nov 26, 2017, 11:32

NZ rugby drugs cheat rejects naming stars for ban deal

2017-11-26 10:05
 https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/nz-rugby-drugs-cheat-rejects-naming-stars-for-ban-deal-20171126

Wellington - A New Zealand rugby drug cheat has refused to name star players on steroids despite being offered a reduction on his six-year playing ban if he did, according to a report Sunday.

A number of professional players including one New Zealand representative are believed to be involved, but Andrew Burne told Fairfax Media he was not interested in destroying the careers of others.

In 2013, when Burne was a senior rugby player in Wellington, police found bottles of the anabolic steroid Dianabol during a search of his house.

He was discharged without conviction in court, but Drugfree Sport New Zealand, which enforces World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) codes, then took the case to New Zealand Rugby which last year imposed a six-year ban.

Burne bought the steroids for himself and rugby-playing friends, and contact names and messages found on his phone by police were handed over to Drugfree Sport.

When he approached Drugfree Sport offering to help with education campaigns about the dangers of drugs in sport, he was instead asked to discuss a deal requiring him to identify the players he had supplied.

Fairfax cited a recent email to Burne in which Drugfree Sport investigations director Jude Ellis detailed how they could ask to have his ban reduced if he provided "substantial assistance" under a rule which allows for rewards in return for evidence that leads to another person being found guilty of doping.

"We have not previously dealt with this rule directly and it is a little complex, so if you are serious about this we will need to chat some more so you are clear on what would be required," Ellis advised.

Fairfax quoted Burne as saying some players he associated with had gone on to play professionally and one to represent New Zealand.

But he maintained he was not interested in destroying their careers and would rather help stop young people taking drugs in the first place.

"I went to them, trying to work out a way to do something positive for the game and to try and stop other young guys doing steroids. I don't want anyone else to make the same mistake I did, but all they want is names," he said.

"And what's that going to do? If I say I gave someone steroids, it's my word against theirs. If they had any proof, they would have done something already."

Burne said the extra bulk from taking steroids was not worth getting caught and he was sincere about wanting to provide a better environment for others.

"If they want to treat me like a criminal, even though I'm not, that's up to them," he added.

"But the rules should be changed. You shouldn't only be able to get off if you nark on others. Shouldn't you be able to get a smaller ban if you do something good?"

Nov 26, 2017, 11:40

I wonder who, and how many were linked.  He claims at least one current All Black took/takes steroids...

As if the cynical fouls in the red zone were not enough..:)

Nov 30, 2017, 11:24

?

Nov 30, 2017, 11:42

Sharkbokkie lets not be naive bru!. The real question would be how many of the kiwis are NOT drug cheats. Alas, very few I suspect.

Dec 02, 2017, 00:10

Well we know for an actual fact that some Boks have been caught out eh ? Maybe you should take a Chilli pill ,I know at least one boy who did . Smacks of envy but I expect nothing less from some ,beandik if you dont stop throwing rocks from outta that cavernous melon atop those skinny shoulders your glass house will be as broken as that record you keep playing . Idiot.

Dec 02, 2017, 05:42

I think we all know kiwis are a bit small and lack muscular development hence the need for steroids etc. Time nz cleaned up their act but don't hold your breath oaks as they have been drugging for years. They set such a bad example for todays youth! Its all very sad!

Dec 03, 2017, 09:00

Our boys are big enough to hand out many ,many ,many drug free bashings . Out of all the testing done its the Boks who have been caught cheating.And you cant even do that well enough to win .Very sad indeed dipsh!t .

Dec 03, 2017, 09:19

Its just so unfortunate the kiwis bring the noble game into such grave disrepute like this.

Dec 20, 2017, 18:42

There has been no further update on this. It appears to be have been conveniently brushed under the carpet.

Surely an allegation like this should be investigated- particularly as it is a player with direct links to current players. :D:P:woot:

Dec 21, 2017, 08:12

Under the carpet is an Everest of misdeeds Sharkbokkie. Alas what can we do with  these bent kiwis!

Dec 21, 2017, 12:46

All Blacks have traditionally had pools of farming rural types just like the Afrikaners. Add in the Polynesians and we actually have a better blend of size and athleticism Beeno! I hate these kinds of debates because it mostly ends up with a holy than thou mud fight. Steroids are a big problem in almost every sport espe ially contact sports. There have been lots of south Africans caught out and there was England's suspicious muscle growth in their 2007 squad for the World Cup. Like celebs are cocaine you'll never get the real picture of how wide spread it is. There are so few opportunities at the top level of the game that there is fierce competition to get there. I heard rumours about Goosens injuries being because of steroid use in his teens like Brazil's Ronaldo in footy. 

Dec 22, 2017, 18:49

You only have to look at Itsabutt and Jesse Kriel to see where the bulk of the planet’s steroids have ended up. The same Jesse Kriel that Daftex believes tore the ABs backline to shreds last year....

Dec 22, 2017, 23:46

Oh please, if Kriel had been taking steroids he wouldn’t be used as a doormat by every centre he plays against. And I can see why you would think an athlete like Etzebeth is taking drugs, when he gassed Ben Smith it must have shocked you chaps. But no, it’s just great athletic genes.

Dec 23, 2017, 04:46

Ezetbeth is your typical yarpie rugby international. Not an ounce of natural talent or a trace of ball skills, just pumped full of steroids and sent out to maim or injure the oppo.

Its a system that worked for the Steroidboks for many years but  the way the game has evolved, skill has become more important than brute force so now even non rugby nations like Japan are beating the yarpie bully boys.

Dec 23, 2017, 10:26

Ka mutt is not the Boks being accused of using steroids (why would we as we are naturally very big okes!) its the wee abs suffering from muscular deficiencies!!! AND empty heads! Hahahahhahahahahahaha

Dec 23, 2017, 17:09

Yo Ka Tato, what's with the yarpie slurs? Some Saffa been mean to you or something. There there petal. You'll get over it.....See I'm over it already.

You wouldn't like it if I called  NZlanders Hori boys would you. 

Most of the NZ posters on here seem to be really decent people..... you not so much.

Dec 23, 2017, 19:32

Xavi  who wrote these comments about the wee abs lack of discipline and use of steroids etc. Were they South Africans?

Dec 23, 2017, 19:34

Also are the articles true or not? 

Dec 23, 2017, 23:36

Beeno, fake news is everywhere.

Image result for duck steroids daffy

He may be a black duck but he's not an All Black:P

Jan 15, 2018, 18:15

Tut, Tut...........

Doping offences ‘darken’ NZ rugby image

Cape Town - New Zealand Rugby (NZR) is confident doping is not systemic in the sport but says any future breaches have the potential to "darken the image of players who have gone before them in the black jersey".

This comes after it was revealed earlier this month that four New Zealand rugby players had been suspended for doping offences.

Glen Robertson, a former New Zealand under-20 and sevens international and female player Zoe Berry, who played one Test for the Black Ferns against England in 2012, were both given four-year suspensions.

Two other club-level players received a two-year ban and a 21-month ban respectively.

Rhys Pedersen, Berry and Robertson were banned for possessing and in some cases using or attempting to use stimulant clenbuterol, while Ben Qauqau-Dodds was charged with possession and use or attempted use of anabolic steroid methandienone.

In an interview with NewstalkZB over the weekend, Neil Sorensen, NZR's general manager, said the issue could be "incredibly damaging".

Sorensen said Drug Free Sport New Zealand (DFSNZ) had told the NZR to expect more doping charges against Kiwi rugby players.

"It's massively disappointing. We knew it was coming as Drug Free Sport gave us a heads up some time ago that it was coming. We've been told there are more (rugby players) to follow,” Sorensen was quoted as saying on the Stuff.co.nz website.

The NZR had not been told what level the players were involved in because the DFSNZ inquiries were confidential, he added.

Zoey was a Black Fern back in 2012 and the (drug) education that she received obviously didn't get through."

Sorensen said it could be "incredibly damaging" to New Zealand rugby's international media image if a high profile player was involved.

Jan 15, 2018, 18:29

SB

One must be careful to point fingers iro NZ players only - we have some problems in SA as well and England and the source of most steroids - the USA as well.  

Jan 15, 2018, 19:12

Ou maaaaikie  am sure that if South African rugby ever descended into the cesspool that is kiwi rugby we would all hear about it very quickly. As no such stinging reports like this one have come out one must focus on the problem at hand and how to ensure the kiwi drug cheats and their enablers like ou JW don't prosper.

Beeno calling on all decent folk to take a stand against the kiwi duggers. Hhaahahahahahahhahahaha

Jan 15, 2018, 23:03

@Cm, true. However, I do like to stir with our Kiwi friends. :) 

We have Steroid Boy Rapelle in the Springbok squad....

Jan 15, 2018, 23:12

Beeno...SA rugby is already a cesspool according to SA rugby fans...

Jan 16, 2018, 05:11

polyboy

Sure - but the reason is race-based politics and not doping or anything really to do with player performances.   

Jan 16, 2018, 06:48

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaa!!!

See how these Kiwis come out in their droves to defend their use of banned substances. No apology ... no humble tone ... not one of them has the integrity to stand up against it ... all we see is a full out attack with "you used it so why can't we".

Typical.

Really is amazing how these low life hicks have cheated their way to the top of world rugby. On field foul play ... cheating and bad sportsmanship from captains like Read and McCaw ... refs paid to look the other way ... and now steroids.

What stuns me is that these people not only help themselves to the Polynesians that inhabit the islands around them, claiming them for themselves with promises of citizenship and large bags of money ... but they actually have the audacity to walk around strutting their stuff as though it's only New Zealand and it's people who've accomplished this.

The team's name should be changed to "The Combined South Pacific Coconuts".

Look how they carried on after they cheated the French and were handed the WC in 2011. One would swear that they actually won the trophy by their own effort. Haaaaaahahahahaaaa!!! They have no shame. Talk about a deluded bunch of hypocrites.

They'll probably have their use of banned substances approved by the IRB. They already have a totally different set of rules to play by than the rest of us. Players like SBW having his foul play suspension cut short for no apparent reason. It's never ending.

What really cracks me up is to see their pouting little faces and listen to them cry and bitch when other countries beat them against such massive odds. Then it's everyone's fault. Cheating refs (ask Hakwazeeeeeeeee) ... no fair, no fair ... boo hoo!!

Stop sniveling and show a little appreciation for what you've been allowed to get away with all these years. Unlike you, the rest of us play to a rigid set of rules.

Jan 16, 2018, 07:55

Sounds like Clean Cut is struggling to deal with the fact that the All Blacks own the SteroidBoks. Either that or he's still upset cos his wife/boyfriend said Dan Carter was a dish. 

Jan 16, 2018, 08:22

Actually ... Japan, Italy, Wales and Ireland also own the Boks and I'm sure the Scots would too if they had a crack at us. What's your point?

You Coconuts need players from other countries to make up your team. They're all bought and paid for.

You Coconuts need preferential treatment on the field to help you to the number 1 spot.

You Coconuts need under the counter aid to receive the World Cup trophy as a handout. Either that or we'll be forced to listen to another 30 years of grownups crying ... and if that's not enough, doping seems to be a favourite past time among you lot ... that and a new pair of gumboots ... isn't that right, Hick?   

Dan Carter? You aren't referring to that drunkard are you?

Jan 16, 2018, 15:44

Well, it looks like Bok “fans” managed to screw up the margins on the (iphone platform) in the new site format also. Once again illustrating Bok fans & SA players have trouble staying within boundaries.:angel:

Oct 05, 2019, 20:47

Watched a high schools game recently on TV and some of those kids seem like they spend around 30 Hours a day working out in the gym.

Now I have the following questions:

1. Is it genetics.

2.Is it from working out.

3.Juicing.

Drugs have infiltrated every single aspect of our being and are a curse to all mankind. 

No country is immune to this problem and with professional sport it is important to win or come first irrespective if you have or have not used drugs to get the big bucks.

So lets not assume, accuse or be the first one to cast stones.

You never know what you don't know! 

Oct 05, 2019, 21:22

Bitches from down under be buying steeeroids from under the counter. Makin alllll kinds a gainz. 

Oct 05, 2019, 21:50

AJ

It doesn't have to be juice.

Creatine, aspartic test boosters, proteins, glutamine, BCAAs and lots chicken. All legal.

Oh don't forget pre-workouts. These days they give you goosebumps on your cheeks IE Energy for days. 

Add all that to to a young body that's already full of testosterone and hormones...and you get jacked 18 year olds ready to crack skulls.

I didn't even use supplements in my twenties. 

At that age you just walk past a gym and and you're ready to flex.

...Or maybe they're all watching CCs "big Ron" tapes and lifting 25kg - Unassisted. I hear that works very well too.

Oct 05, 2019, 21:52

I think young guys today need test because its dropping in todays generation. Their all pussys. 

Oct 05, 2019, 22:00

I know a few young lads that would fold you in half and put you in their pocket for later man. 

My view is that the spectrum is more polarised these days. Some seriously hard chaps on one side and...umm others that wanna wear scarfs and talk about feelings while insinuating that they're special and feel unappreciated.

Oct 05, 2019, 22:06

AJH

I recently came across letters Lady Anne Barnard wrote to the later regent of UK in about 1800.  She travelled around the then Cape Colony and in the letters she a couple of times mentioned the massive size of the then Dutch residents - mainly men - but also women.   She obviously saw what was the gene pool of the Afrikaners even then

However, I think the size of people has more to do with diets than anything else.  If you take for instance Piet Spiere - the Springbok prop of the 1950's he was 6'1" weighing 96 kgs.  His grandson Pieter-Stef is 6'9" weighing 116 kgs,  Was at one stage 120 kgs - but came down 4 to play at 7.

I will go back even further.   In the 1938 Springbok tour of 1938 there was a lock by the surname Nel - who played at lock and was described in the press as a giant,  He was in fact 6'1" as well.

The Afrikaans people were huge because on the farms they ate healthy meals and did hard labour work for generations.   but there are two issues here,  The one is height - which cannot be affected by drugging,  The other is bulk and that is where drugs like steroids becomes a problem.

You get the druggies in every country.   In the 2000 Olympics in Sydney there was an obvious drug problem - but no tests indicate drugs in the system of athletes.   A few years later a drug factory was found in California producing drugs that was not previously identifiable and then the retests resulted in a large number of medals returned by druggies.   Remember Ian Thorpe - the swimmer - he vanished from swimming in about 2006 when he was 23 years old.  Alsio I believe his prowess vanished when he stopped using drugs, 

So lets face facts - drugging is a problem worldwide - not only in specific countries,   .                    

Oct 05, 2019, 22:11

Test levels are going down across the board big time. I'm one of those bigger dudes. I work in construction not a pencil pusher. Wherever I am I'm always one of the bigger guys if not the biggest.

Oct 05, 2019, 22:18

As long as everyone gets a medal for showing up...the world is right.

Oct 05, 2019, 23:51

Wow... now this is a news story...

WHO is the offending current kiwi drug cheat??...

SBW  / READ / Barrett/s / Retallick (returning from injury so quickly - may be aided by sheep growth hormones?)

Once again the kiwis fly in the face of fairness and equity for their win at all costs mentality... 

Bring in the performance enhancing drug testing immediately is the answer...!

Oct 05, 2019, 23:54

while we're at it- that pom underhill looks like he may be on the juice too... abnormal proportions...

At least the aussie boys dont cheat - see u in the QFs poms... unless Fiji can do a job on the welsh... 

Scot v Japanee and Wales v Fiji the two most interesting pool games left now

Oct 06, 2019, 00:14

Don't get too excited Pedsman. The article was written nearly 2 years ago....

Oct 06, 2019, 09:45

From Wikipedia...............

"Australian sportspeople in doping cases”

A Phillip Adams (sport shooter) B Ron Baensch Nathan Baggaley Jamie Bloem Mark Bosnich Alex Browne (Australian footballer) Lucas Browne C Dean Capobianco Sergo Chakhoyan Justin Charles Ben Cousins D Cory Dell'Olio Luke Douglas Drugs in sport in Australia Ricky Dyson E Sandor Earl F Dustin Fletcher G Paul Gallen Nathan Gardner Anthony Gobert Wade Graham Ilija Grgic Scott Gumbleton H Kyle Hardingham Brad Harman David Hille Rodney Howe J Leroy Jetta K Albert Kelly Martin Kennedy (rugby league) Steven Koops L Stan Lazaridis Brendan Lee Héctor Lombard Sam Lonergan Nathan Lovett-Murray M Adam MacDougall Reni Maitua Lisa Marangon Mark McVeigh Bradley Mousley O Robbie O'Davis Graham Olling Nathan O'Neill P Caroline Pileggi Brent Prismall R Werner Reiterer Wayne Richards Samantha Riley Graeme Rummans S Wendell Sailor Chris Salem Mitchell Sargent Henry Slattery Kade Snowden James Stanton (water polo) Ariel Steinberg Nick Stone (footballer, born 1972) T Anthony Tupou W Shane Warne Alex Watson (pentathlete) Jobe Watson

Gobsmacking stuff red dick..........suck on dem nuts you wanker.........

Oct 06, 2019, 11:51

Hey 2Tard

You back again lil fish?

"I'm a man, not a fish. I'm a mannn! Where'd that come from"? ...sobs.

Still too afraid to log in with your real account?

Must be tough going through life without a spine.

I get it. You don't need a spine under water.

Makes sense now.

Fish.

Oct 06, 2019, 12:06

Oaks drugging is widespread. It's just that the kiwis are the top druggies by far. Hahahahaha. 

Oct 06, 2019, 12:35

Oh look pussy plum being his usual whiny self.....................not dipped your wick lately maaate??

Tell you what pussy............you get every one to post their aliases.............and I’ll think about it waaaahhh!!!

Sooky lala

Oct 06, 2019, 12:37

Beanshit you dumbass.................tell me how they are on top...........you’re a farking idiot ............whoever let you outa the nuthouse.......should be shot

Oct 06, 2019, 13:10

Bloep bloep bloep...

Oct 10, 2019, 16:40

Plum granted some players are big men naturally. The SS islanders for example are monsters as opposed to Japanese born players.

I have never suggested that the SS islanders for example are users or  players from certain countries are using all I was pointing out was that the young men in the school teams were big and bigger.

But without doubt some player/s in rugby must are using one or other "medication" to pump up, "mask" injuries or enhance performance.

Some players have been caught.......while many have been lucky.

Drugs are involved in most if not all sport activities today the only exception than I would make would be for DARTS.

Just my thoughts.

You need to Log in to reply.