You need to LOG IN to reply.

And in other news... Donkey Savea is off to the Kings

Forum » Rugby » And in other news... Donkey Savea is off to the Kings

Apr 08, 2019, 13:33

Former All Black wing Julian Savea and Springbok flank Jacques Potgieter are reportedly on the Southern Kings' wish list.

Afrikaans website Rapport indicated on Sunday that the duo, who both ply their trade at French club Toulon, could be the first of a number of high-profile signings by newly-appointed Kings high-performance director Rob Kempson.

Savea has been struggling for form since joining Toulon last year, while Port Elizabeth-born Potgieter is battling to get game time at the club.

The French giants recently agreed on a memorandum of understanding with the Kings, which will see a close working relationship between the clubs.

The report added that the Kings and Savea’s representatives have been locked in talks during the past few days. But with the former All Black earning about R23 million per year in France, the Kings would need to exceed or at least match his salary.

It is estimated that the Kings would have to release at least 20 contracted players to secure the services of Savea and Potgieter.

The 28-year-old Savea played 54 Tests for the All Blacks between 2012 and 2017, while Potgieter, 32, played three Tests for the Springboks in 2012.

Apr 08, 2019, 13:53

Chippo

Was the main aim of the Kings not to enhance affirmative action selections and in the main used Black players.    Weird - when I watched for a short while the Kings game against Ospreys yesterday the situation was as follows:-

In the game the starting line-up and bench comprised the following:-

Starting line-up

Whites                   =            10

Blacks                   =              3

Coloureds             =              2

Bench

Whites                   =              6

Blacks                   =              1

Coloureds             =               1

That is not even remotely meeting the SARU guidelines on quota selections.

In the meantime the SA Institute of Race Relations had a countrywide  within the sportsperson and supporters and there results showed that 83% of the people oppose the quota selections and amongst Blacks alone the finding is that 82% is againt the quota system.   

The fact is SARU is losing support of all races involved and the same applies to the politico's,

Apr 08, 2019, 14:40

I predicted this last week that Toulon would use the Kings as a dumping ground to dispose their rejects. 

Apr 08, 2019, 14:47

haha you are spot on mike.

I initially thought you were talking sh1t again, then i looked...

only 3 wit okes in the starting XV and 1 on the bench.

what gives?

now they try and recruit an all black?

Apr 08, 2019, 14:48

"I predicted this last week that Toulon would use the Kings as a dumping ground to dispose their rejects. " - Im sure the kings aint complaining...

savea is a more than decet reject.

Apr 08, 2019, 17:16

He is a has been. He is not even SuperRugby standard anymore. He is slow.

Apr 08, 2019, 17:19

... and yet he's probably better than anyone in the current Kings team ... Potgieter too ...

Apr 08, 2019, 18:38

You have to credit how the all Blacks manage their players. The year before he was dropped he was on fire. But they clearly had an expectation of him of where he needs to be if he wants to hang onto his jumper. Subsequently they send him to the bush leagues but couldn't claw back his way. If that was one of players, of colour we would have hanged on to them. Look how long we held on to JP Pietersen. He played for 3 years too long in the bok jersey. But the upshot for Savea was that the big French team was happy to dole out the cash to get him. Whereas if they hung onto him his value would have plummeted. So even though the French bought a lemon. Savea was still able to build up a nice little nest egg. He should be able to live a comfortable life.

Apr 08, 2019, 21:21

SB

Maybe the French are desperate - they already had to supply frog legs for Fat Fransie and  Savea taking the rest of the supply.   I am afraid that both will end up with the Kings and I think that he Eastern Province frogs will became an endangered species.   LMAO     

Apr 08, 2019, 22:57

Frogs are probably healthy and almost pure protein - which is impossible to put weight on from. Savea spends most of his spare time at KFC. He is lazy, and his commitment has been questioned even when he was in his prime. 

Frans Steyn hasn't been fat for some time. 

Apr 09, 2019, 07:33

Thanks for the frog lesson - I am thinking of opening a KFC in PE just for the benefit of dear Julian - maybe one should add another special brand to cater for Fat Fransie of he joins Julian in a combined attack on the food supply chain in the Easter Cape.     .    

Apr 09, 2019, 07:57

SharkShit, your stupidity is showing itself again.

Chicken is an excellent source of protein ... on it's own ... but when crumbed and deep fried in oil it becomes a heart stopper.

Frog legs would go the same way if it were prepared in the same way.

Uh-Duh ... !!! 

Is there anything out there that you can actually debate on without making a tottie of yourself?

Just wondering.

Apr 09, 2019, 10:10

@Clean Cut, Aka the lost sheep.

Chicken is 70% protein, and turkey is 90% protein - so poultry, in general, is healthy. 

However, anything that is made by Mcdonald's is a heart attack in the making. You are just reiterating what I have said, and trying to sound clever while doing so. 

Stick to interpreting scripture and Noah's Ark.. :D Your pals the Jihad's also believe in the Noah's Ark. Maybe you all shared the same boat. Although surely an extra few baboon's would be better than any of you. 

You need to Log in to reply.