You need to LOG IN to reply.

André Esterhuizen vs Bulls (2019)

Forum » Rugby » André Esterhuizen vs Bulls (2019)

Mar 11, 2019, 16:40

Mar 11, 2019, 17:41

The break at 2:47 created a good opportunity only for Sharks #23 to kick the damn ball away at 2:51 with a guy at pace running on his left shoulder who could have helped release the wing. The Sharks' error rate was off the charts.

Mar 11, 2019, 17:58

Excellent summary of events. Esterhozen was strong in the tackle....made the Sharks try by sucking in about 5 defenders....and could have made 2 more if the players outside him used the opportunities he created.

Mar 11, 2019, 18:05

Very good - I did not bother to watch it - since I think the tackling would be avoided like a  plague,  After all he made 1 tackle in the second  half of the game and missed  tackle and I doubt whether there is any sign of his ball possession loss five meters out that turned to a scrum fed by the Bulls.

I do not think that Esterhuizen did anything much during the second half  of the game other than carrying balls on average for less than 2 meters per carry,  

Happy fairy tale writing to  you,      

Mar 11, 2019, 18:10

:D

Mar 11, 2019, 18:25

"I did not bother to watch it".....perhaps that's the source of all your malfunctions Mike. Watch the game. If you don't agree tell us what significant Esterhozen event Augie missed.

It's tedious when a member catologues events honestly and you claim dishonesty without even watching the clip.

Mar 11, 2019, 18:46

I  watched and saw nothing of substance other than the carry before the Du Preez  try and collecting the kick of Robert Du Preez, passing the ball and the recipient kicked the ball away aimlessly,   To think that Esterhuizen  did anything  coming from the bench to justify the praise songs for the little he did is a serious joke at best.            

Mar 11, 2019, 19:48

To think, Yezhov wants the power to determine who does and doesn't post and what information is posted. Years of ANC servitude have clearly rubbed off on you. 

Mar 11, 2019, 19:52

Well that tells us even more about your powers of observation or lack thereof Mike. He consistently made metres through the tackle.....vs Britz for example and vs Kriel. He took a pass thrown so far behind him he was facing his own goal line and got back to the advantage line.....he cleaned Thor right off the ball.

You never saw any of those things?

Mar 11, 2019, 20:37

There were some big hitters in there. Pollard was left ankle clasping by the try line, Sage was swatted aside a couple of times. André is some physical specimen. I haven't seen a South African 12 that powerful before or since Frans. Nice to know we can use his boot too. Has the presence of mind to sum up situations. Looking for the pass, but seeing the jink in the line and carrying strongly. You don't see our other 12s do that. He did it for the Boks too, using a dummy to pull a defender and run inside him, then grubber for Mapimpi to reclaim. This was against Wales. He isn't dumb muscle. If we are serious about challenging at the WC, we need him. I have never seen championship winning teams in any sport founded on passive or less intelligent players. 

Mar 11, 2019, 21:15

So powerful  that Fransie ended up on his arse trying to tackle De Allende = no one buit twicve in one game.  What a joke you made when claiming something.   And then yu claim Fransie made four  noon-existent lime breaks in the same game.   What you have seen and what really happened  is a huge difference,              

Mar 11, 2019, 21:37

Frans wasn't over-powered once in that game. It was Damian who ended up on his backside. The tackle was at 07:10, Damian took him chest height out wide. He spun around Frans and all the way to the ground. 

Mar 11, 2019, 22:48

Liar - what about the mythical 4 line breaks that never happened in that game and poor Fatso did land on his backside twice when he tried to tackle De Allende despite your claims to the contrary,   Fransie  was for three years running the worst center in Super Rigby and the fact that Plumtree said that Fatso is not a center is believable - your claims have been exposed as standard BS you regularly spout on site. ,       

Mar 11, 2019, 23:33

I really couldn't care less what Plumtree has to say. The clown took the best Super rugby attacking side and turned them into blunt shuffle ball merchants. His biggest claim to fame in SA is being a New Zealander. As for Frans being the worst centre for three consecutive years? He wasn't the worst for even one. You are embellishing these numbers as time goes by. You'd be better off using what capacity that hasn't escaped you hanging onto your marbles. 

Mar 12, 2019, 01:06

Do you conceited idiot thinks you know more about rugby than a respected coach - respected in South Africa, Ireland and New Zealand,  No the answer s simple - you are a fool,.   yes Fat Fransie destroyed what he had as a rugby player through gluttony and by 2012 he was a spent force.

Let me add - I was overjoyed when I read Steyn was coming abcl to SA after Racing Metro did not renew their contract in 2012,  I was overjoyed until I saw what eh actually did playing for the Springboks.   If  a Springbok makes a reliving klick deep in the 22 and the na;; rol;ls along the ground and puts his whole side off=sides then there is something wrong,   If  it happened once it could e regarded as an accident = but it did not happen once.

What happened was he got injured in 2012  and was out of test rugby until  he was called up by Coetzee and put on the bench by him - the result was weird,  The flyhalf kicked the abllupfield amnd Steyn tried to follow up.   It was weird - he was totally out of bnreath after running about 50 meters and was literally gasping from air,  He wa never called up again and will not be,

So lets go back to 2013 and him playing at 12 for the Sharks - which lasted for 4 games before Plumtree lost his temper completely with him.   First the game against the hurricanes - in the whole game he passed the ball 5 times - once to the full back and the other four tiomes to forwards - the outside backs never got a single ball outside of  him.  For the rest he was crashballing - very ineffectively at that he lost the ball a couple foe times and he waspenalized a couple of times.   I saw it and I thought the man was bizarre but still was not over-critical.  

Them followed a match against the brumbies - he missed four tackles and in all four cases the Brumbies ended up scoring tries,  So what happened then?    After halftime the Sharks were at last counter-attacking and in the Brumbies 22,  Steyn got the ball with players both sides of him tried a chip kick straight into the hands of the Brumbies full back who called a mark and the attack opportunity was gone.

Plumtree was kind and made Steyn the captain of the team playing the Kings in PE,   He butchered every back line move the Sharks made and they ended up winning by 9/3  aainst the Kings of all teams.   Plumtree could take it for the first half - but shortly thereafter he benched Steyn,   

It was after that game - when the media was in further uproar that Plumtree finally confirmed that Steyn was weighing 118 kgs and he was advised to reduce his weight to a reasonable level and Steyn did zero to get his weight down,  He also said =rightfuky so - that Steyn wa snot a center at all.

Frans was equally poor in 2014 and was a major contributor to the firing of whaite by the Sharks at the end of that year.   I can give you countless examples - the nsost imnprtantone wa probably the fact that he got a Super Rugby record of the most ball possession losses by any backline player in the competition ever - in total  34 losses and 8 penalties - given away,  

He was banned for five weeks after the Crusader match against the Sharks,   One of the Crusader players was red-carded for trying to throttle a Sharks player/  One would have thought that it would have benefitted the Sharks in the game in the match - but Fransie had other ideas/   He made about 5 minute after the Crusaders player was red-carded  an extremely dangerous ti tackle on a Crusaaders player and was red-carded as well.   s a result he got  a 5 week ban,

No dimness - Steyn was a total disaster for three years playing Super Rugby for the Sharks amd even Meyer hesitated about having  him in the Springbok squad.   Fact is Meyer did call him up to a Springbok camp - but when Fransie heard the Tuesday before the first June test that he would be on the bench for the game - he left the camp in a huff claiming that SARU owed him some money.   Fact is it was a lucky escape for the Springboks that he was gone because hew could have totally sabotage the backline if he did play.

Sorry dimness - the above had nothing to do with figures and everything to do with facts.  But  since facts count for nothing in your case - you are obviously welcome to fabricate tales about Fat Fransie on the same basis as you write fiction about all other rugby-related issues.                                    .      

.     .        

Mar 12, 2019, 02:07

Plumtree had a very strong Sharks team and like Mitchell produced results worse than the local coaches.

No need to quote the views of a flop. Here's what you miss Mike....the object is to win.

Mar 12, 2019, 02:38

Was this thread not meant to be about Esterhuizen?

Mar 12, 2019, 04:15

"Before Plumtree lost his temper with him"

The same way the current coach was punishing André? You over elaborate until you end up with a lie. Every single day. 

@Cera: He'll be talking about 2015, 2012 and 2013 for the remainder of his life. How many arguments go back to those years? It's like conversing with a child. 

Mar 12, 2019, 05:06

Mike here's the best advice you'll ever get on this Board.....just lie doggo for a while.

Mar 12, 2019, 06:38

Not a particularly noteworthy game from Esterhuizen. He got over the advantage line a couple of times, as a guy his size should. He made a few regulation tackles. Made a couple of regulation passes. He sucked in a couple of defenders, helping his team mate to score a try. But he also lost the ball in a dangerous attacking position near the Bulls try line. He had one clearing kick that didn't get much distance. He gave away possession with an aimless chip kick into the Bulls 22 which was easily gathered by the Bulls covering player.  

You guys are trying to create a debate over the most 5/10 performance ever!  

Mar 12, 2019, 06:47

The chip was contestable, and a good option for the rush. It was between 12 and 15, with two chasers. They could and should have done better. He got turned over, no shame in that in a game where the breakdown was hotly contested. He cleared near the halfway line. What he could do was hold onto the ball. The Sharks were struggling for momentum. One such burst got so much momentum that the Bulls were run back into their 22 in two phases, all through the momentum created by André. This was more than a 5/10 performance. Strongly cleanly rucks, offloading setting support away, he made good decisions. He also swatted Sage around like a toy. 

Mar 12, 2019, 07:32

I just don't agree. His performance was par for the course for an international center playing in a competition like this. It was certainly not a standout performance. If this was Nonu, or Tuilagi or Jamie Roberts or any other world class player, this would be considered a forgettable performance.  

Mar 12, 2019, 08:13

It wasn't a standout performance. It was solid. He gave the side momentum, created opportunities, made a few errors, sure. It was still a big step up from the invisible Ward and he easily bested Sage as his opposite number. In 34 minutes he beat more defenders than any Bulls player, and only Am (who was on the field for 80 minutes) beat more defenders in total.

Mar 12, 2019, 08:19

Listen dimness 

You started it and as per normal you were totally deluded.   And now you tried to lie your way out of it.   What you claimed happened did not happen.   The man was useless for the Sharks in game after game.   You do not chip kick in the opposition 22 and straight into the hands of the full back.  Blame the chasers - are you a nut case?   

No dimness - Steyn was shit for the Sharks - game after game and lies would not change the subject.    Useless as hell.   In 2014 he was so bad that Foxsport rated him as player as  -

*    the no 32  center in Super Rugby; and

*    overall the number 252 placed player in Super Rugby. 

H should not even have been on the bench for the Sharks,      

Mar 12, 2019, 08:19

Listen dimness 

You started it and as per normal you were totally deluded.   And now you tried to lie your way out of it.   What you claimed happened did not happen.   The man was useless for the Sharks in game after game.   You do not chip kick in the opposition 22 and straight into the hands of the full back.  Blame the chasers - are you a nut case?   

No dimness - Steyn was shit for the Sharks - game after game and lies would not change the subject.    Useless as hell.   In 2014 he was so bad that Foxsport rated him as player as  -

*    the no 32  center in Super Rugby; and

*    overall the number 252 placed player in Super Rugby. 

H should not even have been on the bench for the Sharks,      

Mar 12, 2019, 08:35

Mozart

You have always supported Steyn when he flopped  game after game and now you are onto Esterhuizen.   Let me state clearly lies do not help in this case/

You should know that the Sharks was in the Super Rugby final in 2012 when Plumtree was their coach - better than anything White achieved with them.    The first few games in 2013  Steyn butchered for them  and he was so poor that he was unplayable.   In  a way to protect the useless player  you tried then and now to blame Plumtree.   But one wonders whether  Ireland who - made hay in recent years - would appoint Plumtree as their assistant coach for forward play - if he is so useless as you claimed he is and he is now the Hurricanes head coach.   

It is really unbelievable that you could come up with a claim that Plumtree is useless as a coach,  The same applies to Mitchell = whom the English paid the Bulls a fortune for to get him as assistant coach for Jones.  

No Mozart - I promised not to insult you - but you make it very hard to keep to that promise by making foolish statements like the two mentioned above.

And supporting the lies of that idiotic fool that lies in post after post Silly Billy is no credit to you as well.            

Mar 12, 2019, 15:49

Plumtree flopped, just like Mitchell.....the Bools are twice the team now he's gone. Why? Because they are no longer afraid of making mistakes.

Pakie I'm about where you are on Esterhozen.....not stellar but he created 3 try scoring chances off the bench. One of which resulted in the Deysel try and two which were botched by the outside backs.

Mar 12, 2019, 16:02

BS in capital letters -  Plumtree went to Ireland as Assistant Coach and made a major contribution to Ireland being in the top two of the IRB rankings and Mitchell went to England and there was a massive improvement in their performances this year.   The English paid millions to get Mitchell released from his contract and why would they do that if he is useless as you claim.

Plumtree are now head coach of the Hurricanes.

However, one must assume that you seems to think that you know more about rugby coaching than the fools who run Irish, English and Hurricanes rugby .   Amazing.   

Mar 12, 2019, 16:16

Here's the thing Mike....they weren't coaching the Irish, Poms or Canes. They weren't defensive coaches......they were head coaches of South African franchizes.

That encompasses a technical rugby challenge and a cultural challenge.....they failed those tests.

As for their great success.....6 years later Plumtree is back as a Super Coach. A career track as flat as the top of Table Mountain. Mitchell is Eddie's lackey.....in an elevator going down.

Mar 12, 2019, 16:26

Now that you want to talk up Plumtree the NH is in the know, when I argue they are on an upward trend etc you claim they are backward and destroying rugby. Which one is it? 

What did he do for the Sharks is the question. The short answer is that he stunted their game. You claim he hated Frans. Maybe. However, after cycling though a host of players, he returned to Frans, who comfortably outproduced all of them. 

Back to André. Pakie and Moz have it right. The evidence against you is ridiculous. Damian beat no defenders, made no breaks, no offloads and only 6 metres in 5 runs, with a couple of regulation passes and that was good enough for 12 of round 3. André very easily outdid that, and Sage, in less than a half of rugby. There is something very wrong with your claims. You keep harping on about Frans. None of us are interesting in the repetitive drone of your dribble. 

Mar 12, 2019, 16:45

Silly Billy better known as wormshit

Are you not ashamed of constant writing BS on site and being caught out again and again.    I am really amazed at you and Mozart and your preposterous idea that you know more about the coaching of rugby than  everybody in England, Ireland and New Zealand.

That said - it has been proven that you know zero about rugby and Mozart is a prejudiced individual that is not really a rugby expert either.   Fact is he is the one guy on site that does not care a hell about performance as a rugby selection criterium  - he is only interested in reputation and prejudice as  selection criterium.

My advice to you is run off and do not face further embarrassment through being caught out and then come back using a new user name.     

Mar 12, 2019, 16:52

"My advice to you is run off and do not face further embarrassment through being caught out and then come back using a new user name. "

Probably good advice under normal circumstances but at the last count, Omlett has run off and returned under a different name 19 times. Not sure if incarnation #20 will be any less of an embarrassing rugby noob.

Mar 12, 2019, 16:53

I'm surprised that you think you know better than us. :D

Well, not really. When one has to label themselves as clever, these things are to be expected. I can see you are getting desperate, so I'll cut you some slack. Your post reveals that you've got nothing, absolutely nothing, to form a retort. 

Mar 12, 2019, 17:03

Wormshit

Read the following again - maybe you will understand it next time:-

" I am really amazed at you and Mozart and your preposterous idea that you know more about the coaching of rugby than  everybody in England, Ireland and New Zealand."

That is why you do not seem to understand anything relating to rugby.

I am tired of reading the BS you spout on site -  at least it may make a new effort to register on site under a new user  name and then think carefully what you write on site,   Best advice cut out lies and misrepresentation.     

Mar 12, 2019, 18:57

You'll just have to find a better way to cope. Auge is here to stay!

Mar 12, 2019, 19:07

When Silly Billy pasts photo's  etc on site it means he is in his normal moronic state.   He gave up on his normal lies and deception since he sees that it does not work out.    

Mar 12, 2019, 23:29

Mike I believe Augie has you by about 40 IQ points. That doesn't mean you can't function as a Peeper lackey....but thought leadership I'm afraid is not on. Nod at what you perceive to be the right places and refrain from starting anything original.

Mar 12, 2019, 23:55

Mozart

If you have nothing but tripe  to write on site would it not be better than you keep quiet?   However,  there is one thing that Silly Billy has an advantage over me and that he can lie and misrepresent things on site  constantly and can always count on your support in doing that,   

You need to Log in to reply.