You need to LOG IN to reply.

Another Kiwi up for DV.........

Forum » Rugby » Another Kiwi up for DV.........

May 07, 2019, 00:05

how many times have we heard about domestic violence amongst the Kiwis? The question was popped last year sometime in this forum about the problem which plagues New Zealand society. In the latest to make news Carl Hayman has been given a suspended sentence and blames alcoholism as an excuse. Methinks the problem lies deeper than that and alcohol abuse is just a lame duck excuse.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/former-all-black-given-suspended-prison-term-for-domestic-violence-20190506

May 07, 2019, 00:58

Domestic violence can have no excuse. 99% of us who dop have also got irritated by our missus at some point.

That doesn't give us the right to klap them.

Dopping is just a feeble excuse for a lesser man who has little self or no control.

Shame on Carl. He can join that overweight wing of theirs and rot in a prison cell 69ing and moering each other to death.

May 07, 2019, 01:18

I wouldn't say it is a problem amongst Kiwis in general, but it does seem to be with the Kiwi rugby players. Too much roids? :angel:

It seems New Zealand rugby players are in the media for the wrong reasons more than any other country. 

May 07, 2019, 01:27

Perhaps Brycy will step up like he famously does when the bad news is about a SAFFA or an Ozzie and quote the domestic violence stats in NZ.

May 07, 2019, 12:08

Lowest of the low.

Blaming booze is BS. 

How about...

I'm a lowlife coward and this is my fault. I take responsibility and accept liability for my actions.

Of course, be definition, a coward will never accept responsibility so it's a non-starter.

May 07, 2019, 13:48

so.... HOW is  this not worse than posting insta post warning sinners to repent... world is crazy mixed up and on one way track...

May 07, 2019, 13:48

so.... HOW is  this not worse than posting insta post warning sinners to repent... world is crazy mixed up and on one way track...

May 07, 2019, 16:13

Free speech vs violence I guess Redsman.

Right: Facts don't care about feelings.

Left: Our feelings don't care about your facts.

May 07, 2019, 17:34

Well, I imagine that he would have been in even more trouble if he was still playing for NZ.

May 07, 2019, 17:39

Well the guy is a prick.

Unfortunately this type of scum seldom learns.
I hope he can turn his life around but not holding my breath 

May 07, 2019, 19:04

CF   

Don't insult a prick like that.:D:D:D

May 07, 2019, 19:04

CF   

Don't insult a prick like that.:D:D:D

May 07, 2019, 20:19

Carl Hayman was one of the better New Zealand props of the professional era, perhaps the best. 

Some rugby players are just violent people that destined to be involved in violence.

May 07, 2019, 20:50

Genuinely good prop. Oaks have to appreciate environment has a big role to play so poor Carl can't be blamed for it all.:angel:

May 08, 2019, 15:13

New Zealand domestic violence statistics

• One in three women experience psychological or physical abuse from their partners in their lifetime.
  • On average 14 women, six men and 10 children are killed by a member of their family every year.
  • Police are called to around 200 domestic violence situations a day – that’s one every seven minutes.

May 08, 2019, 22:05

Well Johannesburg is the rape capital of the world and one of the Lions coaches tried getting a hotel worker to touch his cock in a stairwell on their tour to Australia. Stones in glass houses.

May 09, 2019, 00:46

It is fun bashing rugby players as individuals - but making generalisations off the pitch based on nationality seems a bit low. SA must surely have worse issues.

May 09, 2019, 01:04

@ Shezza and Sharkbok

Both my posts are contextual, the first about an ex All Black who perpetrated domestic violence as reported in the media and the second one is based on stats found on the www is in response to Sharkbok's "I wouldn't say it is a problem amongst Kiwis in general....."

Nothing I have said is meant to be interpreted as hate, dislike, malice or spite intended towards New Zealand which remains a fine country and home to thousands of SAFFA seeking a more secure and better quality of life. However, if you care to note, this forum does not suffer sacred cows, here we freely discuss/argue/debate anything and everything, from mass shootings and gun laws in America, pedophilia amongst Catholic priests and to the chagrin of Donald Trump's groupies we even highlight.....yes, Fat Donnie's obesity.

If you are going to draw comparisons between South Africa(the rape, murder and domestic violence capital of the world) and New Zealand or for that matter any other country, do so on another thread in the general section where I will join you in comment.

Until then this forum remains free and transparent absent of sacred cows.

May 09, 2019, 07:31

He’s a moron there’s no excuse to justify laying your hand on a woman, he needs help and I hope he gets it.

Unfortunately we do have one of the highest rates of domestic violence in the world, definitely not something to be proud of, change will only come through education and the implementing of stricter laws for offenders.  And even that may not be enough as it involves social, economic, cultural and environmental issues and those take longer to resolve.  Our government surely has its work cut out for them but it’s not something you can fix overnight nor is it a band-aid fix.

If you think it’s just rugby players who have this problem then you’re mistaken. It’s nothing to do with rugby or any sport, it’s an individual choice and not just with kiwis like sharkbok said.  If you google the 20 worst countries in the world of domestic violence as at May 2019 you will be surprised how many countries are African.  NZ is not even listed but that was from WorldAtlas so who knows how accurate those stats are.

May 09, 2019, 07:58

"If you google the 20 worst countries in the world of domestic violence as at May 2019 you will be surprised how many countries are African."

No, not a single South African would be surprised.

We know we're the rape capital of the world. 

We're sexually adventurous and nothing turns us on more than the word "No".

Stop discriminating on the basis of sexual violence please.

May 09, 2019, 11:08

Not discriminating at all.....read what I said and not what you THINK I said. Sounds like the opening post was discriminating and I tried to stick to facts. If you’re having a beef then have it out with WorldAtlas if you feel so inclined.

You just can’t help yourself to pick holes in everything I say. What the flip is your problem? Is it because you’re one of those who doesn’t know what NO means?

I don’t think you’ve agreed with one solitary thing I’ve ever said in here, not that I give a flying toss but geez isn’t it time to get over it already??!!

May 09, 2019, 11:32

Cloudy, respect for accepting my posts as it was intended, I believe it was contextual and with little or no input from yours truly other than to copy and paste from the internet. From my end it is SMC.

May 09, 2019, 11:36

No problem Denny....I acknowledged we have a problem and it is definitely a big one but one that we are trying very hard to resolve. But we are not the only ones.

May 09, 2019, 11:41

Exactly right and once again, I respect your honesty. 

tc

You need to Log in to reply.