Appointment of Springbok Head Coach

Forum » Rugby » Appointment of Springbok Head Coach

Jan 13, 2020, 16:18

When this topic was discussed in November/December last year - one of our members claimed that SARU will select the Head Coach and Erasmus will have no say in it.

That was the starting point of the argument based on newspaper reports that Erasmus would select the coaching staff and SARU will then approve whomsoever he selected,   That was contra to what our all-knowing member alleges.   I then phoned SARU to find out what the position was and they confirmed that the appointments will be finalized by late January   

The next comment was that the SARU President said the coach appointments  should be known before Christmas and that send our respected member into another orbit as to how SARU will select the coaching staff and announce the appointments before Christmas.

The end of January is fast approaching and there is no confirmation of appointments yet and only a lot of media speculation.   So when illth Springbok coaching appointments be announced?   What SARU old me over the phone was obviously correct - so lets wait and see what happens,  

Jan 13, 2020, 16:18

When this topic was discussed in November/December last year - one of our members claimed that SARU will select the Head Coach and Erasmus will have no say in it.

That was the starting point of the argument based on newspaper reports that Erasmus would select the coaching staff and SARU will then approve whomsoever he selected,   That was contra to what our all-knowing member alleges.   I then phoned SARU to find out what the position was and they confirmed that the appointments will be finalized by late January   

The next comment was that the SARU President said the coach appointments  should be known before Christmas and that send our respected member into another orbit as to how SARU will select the coaching staff and announce the appointments before Christmas.

The end of January is fast approaching and there is no confirmation of appointments yet and only a lot of media speculation.   So when illth Springbok coaching appointments be announced?   What SARU old me over the phone was obviously correct - so lets wait and see what happens,  

Jan 13, 2020, 16:21

It will be Jacques Nienaber. 

I phoned Meyer Bosman's mother in December, and also Frans Malherbe's father and they both confirmed what I suspected. Frans and Meyer are half brothers

I also phoned the NP and ANC and it is just a formality really. Just need to line up a few quota positions, or a succession plan for a black person to be groomed for the next Bok coach.
I will try to call Rassie on his mobile this evening. 

Jan 13, 2020, 16:34

sharkie, call Saffex for the best and most reliable news.

Jan 13, 2020, 16:39

SB

We all know you are an idiot and you comments are as per normal idiotic. LMAO.     

Jan 13, 2020, 17:55

Meyer Bosman's mother also asked me to pass on her regards. She apologised for missing the last 30 calls you made to her last year. 

Jan 13, 2020, 18:03

Grow up please. 

Jan 13, 2020, 18:29

Does anyone know when the Head Coach announcement will be made?

Jan 13, 2020, 20:16

My guess is that the decision for who was going to be Bok coach was decided ages ago. The problem now is getting approval from the ANC who will want more black quota coaches to meet transformation objectives.

Jan 13, 2020, 20:39

Dream on please. 

Jan 13, 2020, 20:43

AJH

After some controversy on site on the issue I phoned SARU and they told me that the appointment would be made before February and I believe that is still the target date,   Probably before the end of this month.     

Jan 13, 2020, 21:33

Are you saying 'before February' is 'before the end of the month'? Brilliant, that has eluded many great minds. And please copy and paste the comments of the member on this site saying Erasmus will have no say in the selection of the Head Coach.

Jan 13, 2020, 21:36

You did and you can find your rubbish yourself.  LMAO  

Jan 13, 2020, 21:42

No I didn't and I challenge you to find where I did. Or apologize.

Jan 13, 2020, 23:38

The decision has been made ages ago. This is the ANC not approving the decision. 

There were articles published on Sport24 and other SA sports publications with comments from SARU that a new coach would be decided upon before the end of the year. https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/springboks-will-have-a-new-coach-by-christmas-20191129

Subsequent update articles said that the decision was stalled because the agent was on holiday at the end of December.  

Yet, we should accept CleverWanker's story about his phone conversation with SARU instead? The basis is that January is before February...

Jan 14, 2020, 07:36

Does it really matter who the next coach is?

Whoever it is, will still have to deal with the quotas ... with the pathetic Kolisi as captain ... and will have no choice but to obey the ANC and their racist policies.

He will have his assistant selected for him and will play according to how Rassie wants the Goats to play.

Nothing more than a puppet.

What kind of spineless fool would accept that?

Jan 14, 2020, 07:53

CC

Stop dreaming about rugby - the team you despised won the RWC by a record margin. ,   

Jan 14, 2020, 07:59

Yes they did.

Still doesn't change the fact that their coach ran away with his tail tucked and that their next coach will be dictated to like no other head coach in world rugby.

He'll be a spineless fool.

Jan 14, 2020, 08:43

What are you talking about?   You are almost as mysterious as Mozart normally is,   

Jan 14, 2020, 23:10

So I wonder if the imaginary agent is back from holiday. Perhaps the rugby journalists also phone SARU and get fed BS, just different versions.

As the director of Rugby, the Bok coach will report directly to him as his first-line manager. So Rassie will be a big influence on the decision regardless. However given Rassie has just won the world cup, probably whatever he says goes. 

It was the same executive team during the Alister Coetzee era, so it is not as if Rassie has not proven himself to be a miracle worker in comparison to Toetsie

Jan 15, 2020, 11:58

Th story about the agent was BS,   Fact is that the SARU President was ignorant when he said the coaching staff appointments  would be finalized by Christmas time.   The actual target date for appointment was always end January early February 2020 anyway,      

So let face the fact - if Erasmus is undermined  by anybody he will walk out of the SARU job and as a Rugby World Cup winning coach will earn three times as much as he is at present as an international or even club coach anywhere in the world.  Stade Francais will love to replace Meyer with him for instance.   

He has a legal contract on his side and neither SARU or the Government can threaten him at present.  

So lets be patient - the coaching appointments will be finalized within the next three weeks.           

Jan 15, 2020, 14:30

So the telephone receptionist you spoke to knows more than the SARU president? Or did Rassie just happen to pick up the phone when you called....

Rassie has a legal contract? This is with SARU-  not the ANC. Even if he had a legal contract with the ANC, it is not as if they would honour a legal contract. This is the same crew looting SA, so it is not as if they really care what is legal or not. 

Jan 15, 2020, 16:11

I did not speak to the telephonist - idiot.  When I asked the question about when the announcement will be made - I hear them discussing it amongst themselves and the answer was then given.

You must be uninformed about contracting,   If SARU does not keep their side of the deal - they would be guilty of breach of contract and Erasmus will have the right to claim damages from SARU and has the right to walk out of the contract - which will cause massive problems in SA and abroad - so the ANC does not figure at all.   SARU cannot claim they breached the contract because they acted on ANC instruction either.   World Sport in all codes of sport has protocols banning racism in sport,  South Africa has been skirting around that and came very close to sanctioning -  there is still a court case opened in London  on the issue/

Erasmus is too big a case to keep under wraps and the result could end up in  a Worldwide ban pf SA for selecting sports teams based on racism.   

I think that it is a storm ibn a tea cup and the fact is that we must wait nd see what happens.           

Jan 15, 2020, 16:39

The answer you have given us was based  on a conversation you heard among the telephonists,  while you were on the phone?

Jan 15, 2020, 16:41

Mozart

Are you a nutcase - idiot?

Jan 15, 2020, 16:54

I'm more inclined to believe Bosman's mother. Be honest Wanker you are no more informed than any other member......telephonist tales.....hahaha! What a b/s artist!

Jan 15, 2020, 16:58

I am honest - but you have been proved to be a habitual liar - so I would shut up if I were you.  

Jan 15, 2020, 17:06

Why....what were you planning to do....throw an internet punch? Waaaaahahaha....you heard  the conversation through the phone.....what a story!

Jan 15, 2020, 17:14

Listen dimness I was transferred  to staff in Erasmus's office and the question raised was discussed between staff members and I could hear the discussion between them quite clearly,  That are always idiotic,   

Anyway thus far I was quite right about what happened as to appointment of coaching staff and you were 100%   wrong.   So I would shut up about it if I were you,           

Jan 15, 2020, 17:33

Actually no....you said Erasmus would pick the coach, the delay after his recommendation shows that was bs.

I said Erasmus would recommend  the coach and SARU would decide. Also probably  wrong ...it seems increasingly like the ANC will decide.....but much closerto the truth.

As for hearing a complete conversation through the telephone....sounds like a lie to me, but then it's only one among many.

Jan 15, 2020, 17:49

So the people in the background had not decided until CleverWanker phoned in. They asked him to hold for a few seconds until they decided on the matter. 

Rassie and all the decision-makers were gathered around when receiving this call .

Let's just be grateful that CleverWanker phoned them when he did, otherwise they probably would not have made a decision when a Bok coach would be selected yet... 

--- The call went something like this--

CleverWanker: "Hi many name is CleverWanker. Have you decided when the next Bok coach will be decided".

WhoEverPickedUpPhone: " No not yet. However, let me just put you on hold for a moment"

WhoEverPickedUpPhone: " Just spoke to the team and we have now decided it will be before February. Also just to let you know January is before February".

CleverWanker: "Thanks, I did not know January was before February".

Jan 15, 2020, 17:50

Erasmus is too big a case to keep under wraps and the result could end up in  a Worldwide ban pf SA for selecting sports teams based on racism.   

Hahahahahaha. This has been happening in SA for ages and despite many efforts to draw attention to it, it has never resulted in any ban of any from. What makes you think that it will start happening now? Especially in this era of wokeness? Give me a break. 

Jan 16, 2020, 13:45

Ring, Ring. Ring, Ring. Ring, Ring. 

CW: "Hello, it is CleverWanker here".

SARFU: "Good Day CleverWanker, we are just phoning to say that everything is still going according to the plan we informed you about. We still expect to announce the decision before February, and we still believe January is before February. " So, there is no need to keep calling us each day". 

Rassie (in the background): "If only the ANC would let us make a *** decision. Can you please tell this poes CW to stop calling us? "

Jan 16, 2020, 14:54

Please dim cunt quite funny - but as per normal totally confused by facts.  LMAO.         

Jan 16, 2020, 15:46

Looks like Ou Maaikie has been infected by the incurable Saffexalitis virus....

Jan 16, 2020, 16:01

'Let me put you on hold Mr Wanker'.....'no no need to worry, our phones have the new app that allows you to hear everything when you are on hold'....'does Erasmus actually have an office here in SARU headquarters? I'll have to put you on hold again while I ask my supervisor"

Jan 16, 2020, 17:15

This ping pong thread still alive?...some comedy gold in some of the shots.:D

Jan 16, 2020, 20:44

The problem, is that whenever anybody endeavor to gee some info for the benefit of the site members and the end result is different from what some of the members want us to believe the end result always ends up like this,   Definitely not  worth the effort, 

Jan 17, 2020, 00:57

Rassie: "FFS I want to quit this job, I just won the world cup, but can't announce my recommended and accepted coach by the board to the public". And worst of all some poes called CleverWike is stalking me..

Jan 17, 2020, 06:22

Listen dimness - the target date for finalizing and announcing the coaching squad is one to two  weeks away.  Why don't you see what happens in that time?    If there is real involvement by the Government to undermine Erasmus and he walks out - there will be the greatest sporting scandal in history since 1994,    That will destroy rugby in SA and be the end of it.   So wait and see what happens,   

Jan 17, 2020, 22:28

Just recently the ANC sports minister said that sports bodies would be nationalized, and team selection could be influenced by the ANC. 

Also, certain players could be randomly arrested- presumably white players like Eben Eztebeth for the incident before the world cup. This probably applies to SARU management team as well.

The ANC does not care about the UN or international sporting bodies. They would rather SA is expelled from international tournaments than see other races, particularly whites making up the majority of sports teams.

The strategic transformation objectives are to see black representation increase each year in sports teams. Eventually, it will be 99% mandatory black. 

Jaques Nienaber is the preferred selection as head coach, but SARU can't announce it because they have to get clearance from the ANC. The ANC will most likely try to sabotage the Bok team by enforcing more quotas to make up the management team, or having an agreement in place for a black person to take over from Nienaber. Mandela Stick is the preferred ANC coach. 
Notice how the marketing material includes over 75% black people, and 25% other races. The end goal of the transformation objective is to make the Bok's All Blacks only.

Jan 17, 2020, 22:46

Ring, Ring, Ring...Ring, Ring, Ring...

Rassie: "Hello, It is Rassie hear. Can you here me? I am looking to speak to a former member of the NP and ANC called Dumb Mike. Is dis da CliverMaike? I was finking dat dis was your phone line I calling on?"

CleverWanker: "Hello Rassie, I have been calling you. I know Zuma and I will put in a good word for you. Are you possibly looking for a house on the North Coast of Natal? I can possibly organise a backhander if you know what I mean. I can also sell you my latest wanking device with a limited edition signed Steph Dutoit poster. It is the latest and greatest device, shipped from Alabama. Fox News says it is the best on the market. "

Rassie: "Look would you just piss off. I have had enough of ANC stooges trying to influence my selections. Stop callin me, and by the way, Meyer Bosman's mother has also had enough of youe. "

Jan 20, 2020, 11:01

SB and other dim idiots.

Read the following and maybe you would get a real idea as to what is going on:-

"Bulls scrum coach Daan Human is reportedly set to replace Matt Proudfoot as the Springboks' forwards guru.

Proudfoot, who received wide praise for his role in laying the platform at scrum-time for the Springboks' Rugby World Cup victory in Japan last year, has joined Eddie Jones' England set-up after his contract with SA Rugby expired - and wasn't renewed.

According to the Rapport newspaper, former Springbok coach and now SA Rugby Director of Rugby, Rassie Erasmus, has been in negotiations with the Bulls as to Human's availability.

The negotiations, which would see Human remain involved with the Pretoria franchise, are said to be at an advanced stage.

Human, 43, played 26 matches for the Stormers before heading to French Top 14 giants Toulouse where he made 169 appearances. He also has four Springbok caps to his name.

Although yet to be confirmed by SA Rugby, it appears a foregone conclusion that Jacques Nienaber will replace Erasmus as Springbok coach."

What about your reasons about the delay in finalizing the coaching squad falling apart - dimness?

Jan 20, 2020, 12:27

Ring, Ring Ring. Ring, Ring Ring.

CleverWanker: "Yes it is me here. Can I speak to Rassies team about the announcement of the coaching staff? "

Receptionist: "Sure we let you know of the progress, even though our updates to the media have been incorrect. For example, we let media reporters know the head coach decision would be announced before Christmas. We then said the agent was on holiday at the Christmas period meaning the decision was pushed back until his return. Since then no further updates to the media have been made to confirm the head coach. However, we are happy to let you know when the decision will be announced". 

CleverWanker: "That is great. So Human is also at an advanced stage of being named the scrum coach. 

Receptionist: "Did you read about this in the media?"

CleverWanker: "Yes I did. Also, Meyer Bosman's mother told me this before it was announced"

Receptionist: "Yes Meyer Bosman's mother is always in the know, usually before we are- and always before we make official announcements to the media. 
We often let members of the public know of our decisions before using the official media channels".

CleverWanker: "Do you have any Peter Steph Dutoit posters?" 

Receptionist: "?"

Jan 20, 2020, 13:00

SB

Very funny - LMAO.  Your parodies are not really up to standard,  Consult with your hero  Adam Schiff - he produced real parodies and had been practicing that for years.     

Jan 22, 2020, 00:02

Meanwhile, Erasmus was full of praise for his right-hand man.

‘His passion, knowledge and work ethic around defence were evident from the start. Jacques deals brilliantly with people, getting messages across clearly.

‘He is a wonderful person and, if chosen, would be a great replacement. From physiotherapist to Springbok head coach – what a story.’

Hahahaha even Erasmus doesn't think he chooses the coach.....game, set and match!

Jan 22, 2020, 00:12

It is bizarre that members of the coaching team are being chosen before the head coach. Only in South Africa... The ANC is obviously blocking the announcement. They want more black representation - or at least a succession plan to make Misilly Stick the head coach

Jan 22, 2020, 01:21

What's even more bizarre is that Erasmus keeps on reassuring us that he is not really letting go of the reins:

That bond is set to continue as Erasmus may have a new role, but has no intention of abandoning the Springboks.

"I definitely will not be sitting in an office giving instructions. When it comes to the Springboks, I will be hands-on and very close to the head coach."

The man who pulls the strings.....happy horse!

Jan 22, 2020, 03:09

Mozart

Always wrong and always will be -  the conspiracy theory expert taking the nonsense path again,

Erasmus does not have a new role - he was since 2018  the DIRECTOR OF RUGBY,    What actually happened was that the Head Coach post became vacant.  Structurally the Head Coach falls under the Director of Rugby,   The previous two  Head Coaches of the Springboks were  trying to act independently and was not what is normal in any organization working together.  They destroyed themselves in that process,

So what happened here is that when a storm broke out about a new Head Coach was to be appointed Erasmus assured the public that he and Head Coach would work closely together and the public must not worry about anything as to coaching,  He obviously does not want a repeat of the idiotic areas of Meyer (the fired "star" coach of Stade Francais) and Coetzee to be repeated.

Another totally childish posting again - will you never learn?   By the way the name of the new Coach and the other coaching staff was ALWAYS GOING TO BE ANNOUNCED ROUNDABOUT THIS TIME.            

Jan 22, 2020, 03:13

SB

Kak again - the whole coaching set-up was always to be announced together and the fact is the timetable was always going o be within the next week or so,  So what is this further BS about?   .    

Jan 22, 2020, 16:50

'Always going to be announced at this time'....except when it was going to be announced before the end of 2019!

Jan 22, 2020, 17:14

Do you think that story about the President of SARU can be relied upon.   He -  like you most likely - does not know anything about the legal and administrative functions to be finalized before finality is reached on issue of coach or for that matter any other appointments to be made.  Please think before you write BS on site,  

Take for example one issue - and that is the case of Proudfoot/   There is no way that Erasmus would not have wanted him to continue.   His departure to go to England came after the SARU President spoke and that sets of a new chain of events and negotiations.  

Please think carefully before you write BS on site.                    

Jan 22, 2020, 18:52

So we should believe your phone call, but not the President of SARU.....cloud cuckoo land.

Jan 22, 2020, 19:31

Mozart

As expected you do not want to understand plain English.   The person I spoke to know what the implications of appointments were and what work ha to be done before appointments are finalized,   Does the President know - extremely unlikely,   Do  you know totally impossible,

You have thus far been totally ignorant about the issue and totally wrong in every comment you made - so if you want to continue making a fool of yourself, I would not like to stop you.  The end result is that I LMAO.          

Jan 22, 2020, 22:45

The receptionist knows more than the President of SARU in Cloud Cuckoo Land....got it Wanker.

Jan 23, 2020, 01:17

I did not speak to anybody that would not know the processes attached to appointments.   You are a fool - since you do not know that - neither would the President of SARU knows that.   Got it Idiot Speaker.   Be it as it may -  The receptionist you claim I spoke to previously obvious do know more than the timing of the appointments than the  SARU President and the piss  brain who was totally wrong about the timeframe and the procedures followed in this case.  LMAO 

Jan 23, 2020, 20:07

It would be so much easier if Ou Maaikie would only reveal who he spoke to and what the position of the person in question is at SARU. Unfortunately I expect that would be as easy as getting the name of the whistleblower from Adam Schiff.

You need to Log in to reply.