Asenathi Ntlabakanye . . .

Forum » Rugby » Asenathi Ntlabakanye . . .

Apr 06, 2022, 22:22

Does anyone know for a fact what Lions tighthead prop and CC captain Asenathi Ntlabakanye weighs? Google has him at 138kg but I reckon they're at least 10kg short.

Don't think I've ever seen a sportsman in any sport who looks less like a sportsman.

Apr 07, 2022, 01:15

He was big playing for the Baby Boks but looks like he has got even fatter this year

I just don’t get how a pro rugby player can get away with being so out of shape in this day and age.

He is a good player but come on get into some shape man

He looks about 150kg

Apr 07, 2022, 03:10

I haven't seen any photo's of him but how does William Perry aka "The Fridge" the ex NFL player compare at 335 lbs (152 kg)?

Apr 07, 2022, 14:19

Ja, I don't think this butterball would be able to walk if he did not play any rugby. But I was surprise to see that he put in 2 decent tackles last weekend, so all is  not lost. Also, with the prop rules, you just need to keep this guy going for 20 or so minutes and bring him back for the last 10. 

But, Ja can't see how he is up to standard, when we have guys like Louw,  Nykane, Malherbe and Thomas Du Toit and not to forget about the vanilla turnip that is Vincent Koch. 

Apr 07, 2022, 14:42

To much inyama everyday...how will he be able to hold out in a game with all the weight he needs to carry around?....maybe if he gets in shape we might have a another good prop.

Apr 08, 2022, 12:10

Surely the coach and conditioning team at the Lions should not be accepting a player is such poor physical condition, especially considering he has definitely got even bigger since last season

He has to be 150kg plus

Others who could do with some conditioning are Sadie and Malherbe, but nowhere near on the scale of this lad

You need to Log in to reply.