Augustus

Forum » Rugby » Augustus

Jan 02, 2022, 17:26

Looking lean and mean playing for the Saints up here

He has shed all his puppy fat and full of muscle these days

Skosan is on fire for them as well. Scored more tries than appearances this season so far

Jan 03, 2022, 04:33

Awgoostus looked pretty decent when I saw him last time, and I can believe a bit of NH discipline might have further improved his play. I’ve been watching a bit more of Wiese. He is talented and physical but the penalties and cards really cost his team, if he can’t sort that we might have to look at others like Awgoostus.

The player that continues to impress is Tyrone Green….to me he is an all round modern fullback wit great instincts….an obvious Willie replacement.

Jan 03, 2022, 15:57

The NH definitely improved his game and he would be good addition for the bok pack..and the fact that Tyrone Green has not received a bok place already, baffles my brain. He is really impressive.

Jan 03, 2022, 16:24

Either Fransie, Willie or Willemse will have to be dropped from the squad to make room for TG...soon.

Jan 03, 2022, 17:15

Green is good but Fassi is different level - for me the obvious replacement for Willie

Wiese is dumb muscle, Dan du Preez is better in every respect

The best of the newcomers at 8 is Evan Roos

Jan 03, 2022, 17:42

Green adds the intelligence dimension……against Leicester he was confronted with an almost impossible 2 on 1. He held on the inside man for exactly the right moment and then flew onto the wing concentrating on stopping his momentum,  so he could be cleaned into touch by the cover. Incident after incident I see this kid making the right choice.

Jan 03, 2022, 19:34

Green is very good - no doubt will end up playing for England as he is white and let’s face it we don’t see too many white boys playing out wide for the Boks

He might have forced his way in had we no options out wide but there is some serious competition coming from Fassi, Gelant and Willemse who absurdly has the inside lane to replace Willie

But for me Fassi is something really special - I foresee a long Bok career for this kid

Jan 05, 2022, 18:04

Sad part about “ transformation” is that good white players must leave and start there career somewhere else. This is not good for SA as it causes resentment and drives a even bigger gap between races here in SA. It’s this kind of Extreme thinking that caused this big kak happening in the first place....have we not learned from our past ? Doesn’t look like it because force full transformation can easily be seen as reverse Apartheid.

Jan 05, 2022, 19:47

I thought I saw Augustus play at 2 instead of 8? 

Ja, the boys have a bit more leaway against weaker premiership teams. Not that these team are poor but there is definitely room to develop for players vs playing franchise rugby. 

Green is a must, so is Esterhuizen, two man of the match performances in a row

Jan 05, 2022, 22:15

King you are speaking utter shit on two counts

Augustus has never played 2 and never will

The Prem standard is far higher than the current SA domestic set up only because most of the best SA players are playing in the Prem or in France, rest of UK or Japan

Jan 07, 2022, 13:59

Saf, it  was a question ??? Maybe the Northampton 2 looks very similar to Augustus Grute. 

2nd, the top tier of the premiership will wipe the floor with our franchise teams, no question, however,  with internationals, long season and something like 30 games, you have to take the number into considerations that there will be week teams to allow players to shine or come through. 

So it will be worth watching our players against top tier teams as well as during crucial matches. 

Northampton has been misfiring this season and haven't bee that consistent over the years, but definitely a Leicester Rival. My in laws are huge tigers fans, so spent many matches watching the Tiiiigers. But I normally shout for teams with players of interest for me. Like Harlequins, Leicester, sometimes sale. Pretty much which ever team has our Saffa players. 

Will be interesting to see how Pollard slot in at the Leicester. 

Jan 07, 2022, 21:57

Lood playing for Bristol...vs Sale ATM...

Jan 07, 2022, 22:26

Rob du Preez playing 13 for Sale?

Jan 07, 2022, 22:27

12-12

Jan 08, 2022, 00:02

Robert du Preez has played a few games at 12 as well

You need to Log in to reply.