Bok Player ratings......old string.....the Louw incident rehashed

Forum » Rugby » Bok Player ratings......old string.....the Louw incident rehashed

Aug 18, 2018, 18:58

This was easy peasy....it might be a little harder in Bargieland

Willie le Roux 8.

Mapimpi 6.5.

Am. 7.5.

Esterhosen 6.5.

Dyantyi 7.5.

Pollard 6.

Faf 7.

Malherbe 6.5.

Marx 7 ( lineout not good).

Beast 7.5.

Etzebeth 8.5.

Stephanie 7.

Louw 6.5.

Kolisi 6.5.

Whiteley 6.

..…………………

Kitshoff 6.5.

Van Staden 4.

Willemse 3.

Tank 5.

Bongi 6.

Aug 18, 2018, 19:10

Willie le Roux 8.5. The brains behind most of the attack

Mapimpi 7.5 - Lots of pace. Needs to be given more space on the outside

Am. 7.5-   Good all-around game. Little to no mistakes

CartHuizen 6.5- extremely strong in the midfield on defence. 

Dyantyi 8.5 - Everything he did was good. Combines well with Willie Leroux, excellent chaser of the high ball- and is one step ahead in attacking movements.

Pollard 5. - Pole kicking hopeless. Territory kicking hopeless. The rest was average.

Faf 7. - First half poor, but got stronger as the game progressed.

Malherbe 5.0-  average.

Marx 7 - Some good turnovers, otherwise average

Beast 8- excellent

Etzebeth 8.5.

Stephanie 7.

Louw 5 .Slouw, was nowhere. 

Kolisi 7. Played well.

Whiteley 4- Poor. Question marks again if he can step up at test level

..…………………

Kitshoff 6.5.-

Van Staden 4. One good turnover- but seemed like a brainless liability at times.

Willemse 2- Where is Jantjies? Being skilful does not mean being a test decision maker. Perhaps would have been better to start at 15 with less decision making responsibility. 

Tank 5.5- Did little, but had limited time on the field

Bongi 6.- Looked solid in the little time he was on

Aug 18, 2018, 19:15

Willie is as he has been since Meyer, a connector. A real playmaker. Like how Dagg can be a second 10 for some interesting setups. Covers the deficiencies of our centres. Outside backs and half backs were good. I missed a large portion of the first half, but what I did see from Faf was very good. Allowed the Boks to play fast, quick thinking. I liked what I saw. 

Aug 18, 2018, 19:18

Pretty much agree with those comments. Dyantyi is a delight to watch......you can see his anticipation.

Louw struggled to fit in....but showed he still has some gas catching the scrummie from behind.

Am had an excellent game and as Jean is just saying the combination worked.

Willemse will do better....he is a talent. But he has to be more of a team player, no need to throw that floated pass that put the game back in the balance.

Etzebeth was immense.....stole 2 lineouts and took all his own.

Aug 18, 2018, 19:26

Dyanti has the brain Mvovo never had. He has a sense of what is going on around him. 

Aug 18, 2018, 19:49

Etzabeth played brilliantly after being out for so long but of course was bettered by Retallick who had a brilliant game and scored a 10 out of 10 according to Rugby 365. Beeno and Clevermike (always going on about the tight 5) please take note.

Aug 18, 2018, 19:50

10/10 is impossible, but yes he did play very well. 

Aug 18, 2018, 19:55

Augenoffner, Rugby 365 assessment:

"5. Brodie Retallick – 10
Brodie Retallick was the man of the match. The industrious lock was everywhere. Had his way with the Australian lineout, won a handful of turnovers and scored a brilliant try to boot after selling a big dummy. Excellent comeback performance after an 11-month international absence."

JW, always fact-based:angel:

Aug 18, 2018, 20:10

Lets clear up the Mozart BS before it cause further damage to the man’s idiocy:-

Willie le Roux                        =     8.5

Mapimpi                                 =     7.5.

Am.                                        =     7.

Esterhuizen                             =    5.5.

Dyantyi                                   =    7.5.

Pollard                                    =    5.5.

Faf                                          =    6.5

Malherbe                                 =    7.

Marx                                        =    8.

Beast                                       =     7.

Etzebeth                                  =    8.5.

Du Toit                                    =   8

Louw                                        =  4.5.

Kolisi                                        =  6.

Whiteley                                    = 5.5.

..…………………

Kitshoff                                      =  6.5.

Van Staden                                 =  5.5

So lets see where the BS needs to be corrected:-

Scoring of tries is not a norm Mozart applies n layer ratings.    Am get a better rating than the two wings – based on what?   His defense was good enough – but his ball carries was below par and I give him an extra point for scoring that try..

Esterhuizen was not effective in attacking play and had tackling problems

Pollard’s  goalkicking was seriously defective

De Klerk  had a few passes that went nowhere

Whiteley was the best of the loosies  - not very effective

Kolisi - not much to write home about.

Louw was on vaction in Durban and he did as near as possible to nothing.   He allowed two players through to score tries

Du Toit made 18 tackles = not missing a single one and had to do the work of the loosies as well

Malherbe and Beast  did much the same work and why Malherbe who made moré tackles than Beast did and made one pass that preceded a  try – should get  a point less than Beast only Mozart would know.

He penalized  Marx for line-out problems – but forget about the 6 possession turnmovers he made.  

Van Staden and the others had too short playing time to be rated – but in that short time he made a crucial possession turnover.         

Aug 18, 2018, 20:10

Duplication

Aug 18, 2018, 20:22

Ratings based on prejudice. They were already written before the game. 

Aug 18, 2018, 20:25

If a recording of the game surfaces online, let me know please.

Aug 18, 2018, 20:31

Mike feeling the heat with Am and Esterhuizen having a good game.

Personally I thought Am was my MOTM. A try, turnovers some good scrambling defence and sound defensively. 

Aug 18, 2018, 20:35

@Pakie

There a site you can download the game from https://www.sport-video.org.ua/rugby.html .

Eben was immense for a bloke who's not played for 6+ months

EDIT. The Bok game hasn't been uploaded yet.

Aug 18, 2018, 20:46

Listen dead head = I gave reasons for the ratings - but you apparently cannot read.    Those who made serious ,mistakes or had otherwise  satisfactory performances made less points than Mozart gave them.

Lets go to Louw as an example.   Louw was in a similar position that Du Toit was in a few years ago when the Poms scored two tries.amd Mozart wrote full books about those two tries    Not a word about Louw's two bugger-ups.   That is what one calls prejudice.  But then- there is no more a prejudiced person on site than you.

Like other players Meyer's coaching had a serious negative impact on what Le Roux could do.   Le Roux got his playmaking and ball handling skills from his time at the Cheetahs.   The year with the Sharks did not help either.   Initially Le Roux did very well - but he gradually deteriorated in performance.   This was largely due to the fact that he could not carry balls effectively without having supporting players.    This was caused in the main by Meyer's non-existent game plan - backline players had no role iro attacking play and that was a negative insofar as Meyer was concerned.

By the way - even though there still are deficiencies - the performance today was ten times better than the BS over-the-hills  Meyer's team did in 2015 

Aug 18, 2018, 20:48

Thanks Xavi, will keep an eye on the site.

Aug 18, 2018, 20:57

It's a game worth watching Pakie, it had some tension as the Argies had a very fluid attack & when the score started to even out it was not a given the Boks would win. Plus, interesting to see the influence of the new coach & the performance of new players. Enjoy.

Aug 18, 2018, 21:04

Thanks, JW.

Aug 18, 2018, 21:11

Back to Meyer. What next? Morné and Jake? 

Aug 18, 2018, 21:14

I think Alberts would have made the world of difference so don't forget him:P

Aug 18, 2018, 21:25

Okay Tokkie give us your write up on the 2 Louw 'bugger ups'. This could hurt, but go ahead.

Aug 18, 2018, 21:34

The part I love about old Tokkie's ratings is he gives Kolisi a 6, Whiteley a 5.5, and Louw a 4.5.

And then the moron says: 'Whiteley was the best of the loosies'

Criminally stupid is too polite to describe this excretion from government freeloading.

Aug 18, 2018, 21:55

Government freeloading? He told me he was an internationally acclaimed corporate mastermind. 

Aug 18, 2018, 21:59

Nah old Tokkie worked for local government.

Aug 18, 2018, 22:04

And all Faf did was throw a few pass that went nowhere(Seriously!!!???).

And Esterhuizen tackled poorly(this is my favourite because DomLinda clearly set the defensive bar very high...the open gate that he is).

Aug 19, 2018, 01:14

OK

BSting Mozart - have a look at the Sanchez and Matera tries and see where Louw was and what he did,

Aug 19, 2018, 01:16

I have, you will find my unbiased report under Plum's video string.

Aug 19, 2018, 01:30

Plum

I did look at the stats when referring to the Esterhuizen stats  when making that remark about tackling,   It originally 7 tackles made - 2 missed - but it now is 9 made 1 missed - so I withdraw my comments in that regard,

Aug 19, 2018, 01:54

You should withdraw your comments on Louw as well.

Aug 19, 2018, 01:55

Here are the Rugby 365 Player ratings, a somewhat neutral assessment. Pollard gets hammered, Faf does well & IMO he played a decent game. Loosies weren't that good but Louw got 6 out of 10. PSDT did well with his defence. Midfield were ok but wings were very good. Eztebeth was huge for being injured for so long.

Rugby 365 Rating:

Warren Fortune rates the South African players!

15 Willie le Roux:

A constant threat on attack and a better flyhalf than Handre Pollard. His pin-point kick for Aphiwe Dyantyi’s first try was outstanding.

8/10

14 Makazole Mapimpi:

He made great use of the space he was given out wide and he scored two tries in the win. He notched up more running metres than anyone else in his team.

8/10

13 Lukhanyo Am:

He defended well and showed his strength in the tackle, especially for his try. However, he is just a bit predictable in his channel on attack.

6/10

12 André Esterhuizen:

He was tasked with absorbing as much defenders as possible when he crashed the ball up and he felt comfortable with his Sharks teammate outside him.

6.5/10

11 Aphiwe Dyantyi:

His finishing was impeccable, and he just showed some great awareness for the play around him. Another two tries for the speedster as well.

8.5/10

10 Handré Pollard:

He has a very poor game. He looked predictable with ball in hand and his kicking game was not up to standard. His distribution was shocking at times.

4/10

9 Faf de Klerk:

He improved tremendously as the game went on. He kept Argentina’s defence guessing and he had a hand in two of his team’s tries and he scored one himself.

8/10

8 Warren Whiteley:

It was a bit of a mix bag from the No.8. He could have helped a bit more at the breakdowns, but his defence was good.

5/10

7 Siyamthanda Kolisi (captain):

He seemed to go missing for large periods. However, he was aggressive on defence and he got his team over the gain line with some nice carries.

6/10

6 Francois Louw:

He looked a bit lethargic on the field, but he was a threat at the breakdowns and he did his part on defence.

6/10

5 Pieter-Steph du Toit:

An absolute monster on defence. He made more tackles than anyone else on the field and never missed one.

7.5/10

4 Eben Etzebeth:

It was his first game back from a long injury lay-off and he was immense in open play. He carried the ball more than anyone else in his team and he made some serious metres.

9/10

3 Frans Malherbe:

He was strong in the scrums, but we didn’t see too much of him in open play.

6/10

2 Malcolm Marx:

He was outstanding at the breakdowns where he won several turnovers. However, his line-out throwing was shocking on a few occasions in the strike zone.

7/10

1 Tendai Mtawarira:

He was a Beast in the scrums and showed incredible power in the tackle.

7/10

Replacements:

16 Bongi Mbonambi (On for Malcolm Marx, 65th min)

Not enough time to be rated.

17 Steven Kitshoff (On for Tendai Mtawarira, 52nd min)

He had some good carries and he gave his pack a bit of power up front.

6/10

18 Thomas du Toit (On for Frans Malherbe, 58th min)

He brought some great energy up front. He put in a few good tackles and won a turnover.

6/10

19 Marvin Orie

Not used.

20 Marco van Staden (On for Francios Louw, 60th min)

It was a good cameo from the new cap and he ended the match with a nice turnover.

5/10

21 Embrose Papier (On for Aphiwe Dyantyi, 74th min)

22 Lionel Mapoe (On for Lukhanyo Am, 73rd min)

23 Damian Willemse (On for Andre Esterhuizen, 63rd min)

He didn’t get much opportunity to show what he can do.

5/10

@rugby365com

Aug 19, 2018, 02:00

Mozart

Why were you fired so frequently from jobs?  Can tell you why = because you were a liar and a freeloader without any HR ability,

Aug 19, 2018, 02:14

Well that's funny. No I was never, ever fired Tokkie......try again.

Aug 19, 2018, 02:15

JW that's a very childish set of ratings from 365....I assume Fortune is about 20 years old....and very biased. He gives Willemse a 5 after gifting the Bargies a try, kicking directly into touch....and stepping unnecessarily into touch 5 metres from his line.

Aug 19, 2018, 02:27

I think Fortune went to get a beer when Willemse was playing but most of his other ratings seem ok. I would have given the loosies a 5 or 6 for example and this is what he did.

Aug 19, 2018, 02:47

Well his Pollard rating is silly as well. He goal kicked horribly, but his general play was solid.

Aug 19, 2018, 04:35

Mozart

You know as much about my career and life as I do of yours,   You make nasty remarks about me and I responded now to deal with your normal BS. Live with it.  

Aug 19, 2018, 04:43

Listen Dimness

I will withdraw my comment when you withdr5aw yours about Du Toit in the English test.   Louw was just about 2 meters outside of Sanchez when he broke past him/.   And you B about the the Matera try was clear as well.   

By the way false asshole -  Louw was supposed according to you to be the great ball carrier and defender as the loosie in the squad.   He did neither and was most of the game AWOL.  Go to ESPN and quote us his stats BSter.

Aug 19, 2018, 05:26

Withdraw your comments Tokkie, everything I've said is the gospel truth, verified with repeated viewing of the footage. You have been telling porkies again....withdraw and we'll say no more.

Aug 19, 2018, 06:41

I'm doing a full scale writeup of the game and some far Pollard has been excellent. Louw was also very good. Interesting how Louw brought down Argie 15 after Faf box kick. He made a great clean tackle which allowed Marx over the ball. The commentators praised Kolisi. During the replay, they praised Kolisi again. Exclaiming how he did a great job in allowing Marx to make a break for the ball. Twice? It's this kind of dishonesty that really makes me sick. Louw functioned well within his pods. As said, I still have some way to go, but so far, so good. The Boks have been very organised, which is nice to see.

This is where Clever Mike's knowledge of the game reveals itself: If a player didn't have a lot of numbers on the stats sheet, they went AWOL. How can you tell what his role was off the ball? In one of the first movements of the game Faf goes short-flat left to a POD. S5 is the head and gets the ball, S6 comes up flat and straight. This movement roped in three Puma forwards and allowed S10 to come around the back of the POD with space and options. Stats can't track movement off the ball and therefore can't help you build an understanding of what the players are doing and who was supporting them. Movement off the ball is a very important aspect of attacking rugby as that's where your deception comes from. Yet Clever Mike will tell you these players go AWOL. Dishonest or ignorant. You tell me Clever Mike. 

Aug 19, 2018, 08:18

Lol Mike

Oh, you rated Esterhuizen based on the stats, which have now changed.

Ok.

I watched the game. 

In future - Use the stats as supplemental tools. Use your first and second full watch throughs of the game as your main data.

Just an idea.

Aug 19, 2018, 08:26

So far, I am confident in endorsing Esterhuizen ahead of Damian. He was much more useful; Much less error strewn. 

Aug 19, 2018, 08:26

Sport24 has Louw as the best loosie.

Francois Louw: 6.5

Best Bok loosie in this one. Put in a busy, abrasive hour. One magnificent moment where he raced back on defence to make a tackle, and earned a turnover in virtually same breath. Leaked penalty for illegal cleanout. 

Aug 19, 2018, 08:52

I did look at the stats when referring to the Esterhuizen stats  when making that remark about tackling,   It originally 7 tackles made - 2 missed - but it now is 9 made 1 missed - so I withdraw my comments in that regard,

So, did ESPN lie, Mike? Or did they simply adjust their stats on a subsequent run through of the game when they spotted more incidents, like I did way back with Damian's when you accused me flat out of lying (and still do)?

Aug 19, 2018, 09:02

And I have to add - accused me of lying even though I added this qualification at the time with my count:

I may have missed one or two attempts cause I skimmed through the game quickly...

Aug 19, 2018, 09:41

Louw was just about 2 meters outside of Sanchez when he broke past him/

An impossible situation to defend, as summed up by Butch James at 16:05:

"Plenty of space for them, if it wasn't him, at was one of his outside backs who were going to stroll over to get the Argentinian's first try."

Aug 19, 2018, 09:52

The Pumas, who were using their PODs almost exclusively up until that point sent their 3 man POD rushing flat to the line. This roped in S4, who had little time to adjust to P10. S6 was marking up on P15. There was too much space. The Boks who folded around the back of the previous ruck were far too slow and caught in the in goal area as P10 broke past S4 and S6 to score. We have to give Sanchez credit. He was very quick to spot the opportunity and directed his troops well. Great play by him in an otherwise anonymous showing up to that point. Had the Boks coming around the back of the ruck been quicker, instead of pooling up on the short side, S4 and S6 would not have been left for dead. If S6 goes for Sanchez, there's a short pass to P15. Try. No win situation. 

Aug 19, 2018, 09:58

What else can one expect from the dimmest AgainDSter and Mozart as well as that fraudster Pakie?   They will never accept the real facts about yesterdays test.   The facts are that -

*   Louw was he weakest loosie on both sides in the test and his stats confirm that as well;

*   That Esterhuizen did well enough - but was on the whole barely average as a center.

*   That the loosie combination was outplayed by the Argentine loosie combination, making it the poorest combination of the Springbok team.. 

Too much space for Sanchez to get through with Louw less than 2 meters away when Sanchez broke past him - could even be less.  Lets face facts - Louw was inside the line of the goal-post and Sanchez scored midway between the two posts.   If my auntie had balls she would have been my uncle - the same with your argument in this case.           

Aug 19, 2018, 10:01

12 Bok defenders were stuck on the other half of the field when the ball emerged from the final ruck. Also note, Auge, as Mozart pointed out elsewhere, Argentinian dummy runners effectively blocking Etzebeth's progress towards cutting down Sanchez's space. Probably of no consequence, Sanchez was too quick.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:09

Pakie

There was no one between Louw and Sanchez and if he just move slightly in - he could have tried to make the tackle - even one meter in would have helped.   Let me guess - if Du Toit was where Louw was Mozart and you would be in an all-out attack on him - same as AgainBSter.  Because it was Louw the cover up is unbelievable.   What a collection of garbage we have here.      .

Aug 19, 2018, 10:16

Yes, even Butch James is in on this cover up.

Aug 19, 2018, 10:20

An all out attack? I am never unfair with a player. Never. In this instance there was too much space and too many options to cover. It was a no win situation. Defence is predicted upon support from the inside and outside. Not just one on one tackling and or individual match ups. The Pumas caught the Boks unorganised and made them pay for it. It's as simple as that. Poor communication and organization. You're straining to place the blame entirely on one player. It's quite a demand. You merely state "take a step over there". Much easier said than done Clever Mike. 

Aug 19, 2018, 11:04

Not every try is the players fault, that's a self destructive way of thinking. The try was the fault of the team as a defensive unit.

Aug 19, 2018, 11:14

Shezza

I share your view in that regard - but Mozart and his fellow-BSters do not.   They use it for attacks on player and I was just giving them some of their own medicine in this case, 

If Du Toit was in the same position as Louw was - the howls of Mozart and his supporters on site would be heard in Moscow - so loud it would be.   They have their pet hates and that is always reflected on this site.   That is why I object constantly to their BS all the time.  

Aug 19, 2018, 11:27

Just to clear Willie Le Roux...he is/was always a natural...it's within him...he has ball sense.

But there is absolutely no doubt that his play improved vastly when he played for Wasps and he and Danny Cipriani were the game breakers and he has brought that back with him to his home country...there flashes of this when with the Cheetahs, Sharks and old Boks but more often failed because those styles did not suit him...Rassie is using those strengths and it's not only his cross kicks to wings that work, he is the best utility back that we're had since Juba.

Aug 19, 2018, 11:31

Don't get caught up in it Mike, don't waste your time trying to convince someone that your opinion is the correct one. Watching rugby and formulating opinions is completely subjective so don't get so invested in discussing it. Discuss rugby of course, but don't bite on anything anyone says that's different and if someone is goading you, don't acknowledge it. 

Aug 19, 2018, 11:32

Agree with you about that Seb/   Le Roux lost his mojo when playing with Meyer and Coetzee as coach.   Their lack of a proper game plan neutralized Le Roux completely and he became ineffective. 

Aug 19, 2018, 12:17

Actually, Willie is playing the same style as under Meyer. Connecting the outside backs and coming into the line. Functioning as a second 10. Meyer used more elaborate ploys though, as he'd spit the backs up into tow units. This is so easy, it really is no fun when it's this easy. 

Aug 19, 2018, 12:27

His success rate under Meyer was getting poorer as time went on.  In the WC he was not allowed to do anything - but neither did the other backline players.  Seb is 100% correct in what he wrote.

Which two units BSter?   I saw in the WC the one unit was the scrummie and the loosies and the rest of the backline was jeopardized as a result - so we have what?

Did Meyer made the remark quoted by me?   Yes or no is the only answer.  That remark indicates no game plan for the backline players.  

Aug 19, 2018, 12:27

His success rate under Meyer was getting poorer as time went on.  In the WC he was not allowed to do anything - but neither did the other backline players.  Seb is 100% correct in what he wrote.

Which two units BSter?   I saw in the WC the one unit was the scrummie and the loosies and the rest of the backline was jeopardized as a result - so we have what?

Did Meyer made the remark quoted by me?   Yes or no is the only answer.  That remark indicates no game plan for the backline players.  

Aug 19, 2018, 12:33

If Meyer did indeed make that remark, it's still a long stretch to say that this is proof he had no game plan. There was a clear plan in every game. Very clear. You are too lacking to pick up on what he did. 

As per Willie? Well, his game lacked accuracy. He was relied upon to do what he always did, but was too I inaccurate with his chips and passes. The player was out of form. Simple as that. This put the centres in the spot light but they could not deliver. If Meyer was speaking of players with poor skills, he must have thought these centres were poor, as they were bypassed the same way Rassie has been doing so. This is getting worse for you. The cringe is strong with this one. 

Aug 19, 2018, 12:34

Mike, why the hell do you keep dragging match discussions about the current Bok side back to Meyer?

We get it, you didn't and don't rate Meyer.

Now for the love of god, let's move on.

Aug 19, 2018, 12:34

Shezza

I can live with differences of opinion on performances of players - but I cannot live with total lies and misrepresentations to discredit players like became common with some members,   

I agree - it would be better to ignore he BS the three BSters write on site and perhaps it is better to ignore their BS totally.  Tried that in the past - but their personal attacks on me never stopped - and their pet hate attacks against some players continued unabated,  Maybe I should just ignore what the dishonorable buggers write on site.  

Aug 19, 2018, 12:36

"but their personal attacks on me never stopped"

Name one. 

Aug 19, 2018, 12:47

Well, Willie himself said this...I don't think he blamed Meyer or anyone for that matter...it was just a learning curve...if there is "blame" it is Super rugby and that case I tend to agree...I really think it does rugby itself no favours because it's overdone.

Having said that, I think Willie is gentleman and very humble, so he probably under plays it and does not want to upset and be contraversial and attack his former coaches or anybody for that matter...I think that's his nature...I do not know but that's how he comes to me...a true sportsman.

But yes I do think he was utilised incorrectly and that has been a problem in the past...coaches try to mould players to suit their goals...thinking and creative players can be negatively affected...I think Goosen was one and so was Lambie. Be that as it may, thats just a thought I get and cannot prove it. Players themselves are seldom outspoken and keep their mouths tight for obvious reasons...especially humble ones.

"

When Springbok fullback Willie Le Roux burst onto the international scene five years ago, South Africans could not get enough of him.

Then Le Roux made the game of rugby look and feel easy with his Spiderman suppleness, deceptive speed with ball in hand and the trickery he used to dance with his feet in the sidestep.

But that excitement and edge of your seat stuff which works so well in Super Rugby proved to be a limitation for Le Roux in international rugby and his lack of aerial skills and defence extinguished the flair a player of his nature brought to the game.

However, it was falling out of favour with previous Bok coach Allister Coetzee and his move to England to play for Premiership side Wasps that has not only seen the rebirth of Willie Le Roux but it has made him a better player.

Such has been the turnaround in his game that in the season that he has spent at Wasps, the former Boland and Cheetahs star has become a fan favourite and also an integral member of the Coventry based team having gone through the metamorphosis from being rugby’s version of a jester to being a member of royalty amongst fullbacks in the premiership.

It made me a better player all over. It is not just about attacking, I think it is about kicking, catching the high ball, it’s your defence and your all over game that must be better. So it improved me a lot being over there,” said Le Roux ahead of yesterday’s first Test against England at Ellis Park.

In fact, Le Roux’s absence from the Springbok fray for the whole of 2017 was a blessing in disguise as his time in the northern hemisphere was actually preparing him for his second coming in the Green and Gold.

While it was his performances in Super Rugby that ran down the door to his international career, it has been playing in similar conditions and simulations of Test rugby in Europe that will probably be the key to Le Roux’s longevity in the national side and staying ahead of the likes of Warrick Gelant who is eager to dethrone him as the king of South African fullbacks.

“I feel like them, I feel good and very much excited. It feels like my first game again, I’m very excited to wear this jersey again,” Le Roux said.

“Yeah definitely (playing in England is closer to Test rugby). It’s not as fast as Super Rugby back there. I think the kicking game, the defence, you must be ready for everything. I think in Super Rugby the guys just throw it around and play, and it looks like nice rugby. But over that side it is more controlled, set-piece, kicking, aerial battle and your defence is more organised. Every team has got a good structure so definitely.”

The 28-year-old Le Roux might feel that he still has a lot more to learn before mastering his craft but as one of the senior players in the Springbok squad, he now has to impart some of his knowledge to the inexperienced youngsters, especially wings Sbu Nkosi and Aphiwe Dyantyi.

Even though Le Roux admittedly can’t keep up with the explosive speed of Nkosi and Dyantyi, it is in the learnings of the past few years and different places he's played in that he could provide pivotal lessons to the making of the careers of Nkosi and Dyantyi.

“No, not teaching. I think it is good guys on either side of me, I just give my input when I see something and help them where I can. I think they are very excited and for me it feels like my first game again. Last year this time I was sitting in the stands watching the game and this year I’m playing; it’s funny how life works out.

“No, no, no!!!! Those fast guys outside of me I'll just give the ball to them early on and they’ll do the work and hopefully I will get it inside,” joked Le Roux.

Just like new Springbok captain Siya Kolisi, Le Roux is a man of few words and prefers to do his talking on the field with ball in hand.

Le Roux is elated about Kolisi’s appointment as the first black Springbok captain, having made their international debuts a week apart and now sharing their coming of age in the national team.

“I started with Siya in 2013. I played the week before in my first Test and he came on the week after against Scotland off the bench. So we go back together a long time and I played against him but we are good mates. I think Siya is not a big talker; he leads from the front in how he plays. We are all behind him and support him all the way.

It’s a young squad and we are all excited. I think we want to show our country what they mean for us and we are playing for our pride and that jersey.”

Aug 19, 2018, 12:52

Good and clear posting - Seb.   He learned his rugby from coaches other than Meyer.

Aug 19, 2018, 12:56

Let me state again for the record. Louw was lined up on the left pole.....Sanchez outside the right pole. Louw's concern was the overlap developing to his left. As the ball came out he was moving left.

Etzebeth who was defending the next pass got caught behind the Bargie pod and impeded by both the the Bargie podsters.

When Louw realized Sanchez was not going to be tackled by the inside defenders, he was still moving left. By that time Sanchez was within 2 metres ....but also at the goalline. They were converging.

It was a totally different situation to Stephanie vs Youngs, where Stephanie was on the side of the ruck as Youngs came round....he lurched to his left as Youngs dummied....and Ypungs ran right over the spot he occupied.

That happened twice in the Pom game.....no comparison...case closed.

I repeat....the first Bargie try came because Willie was jumping backwards for the ball which allowed the Bargie who was jumping forwards to move him off it.

The second Bargie try came because Pollard missed a tackle on the Bargie wing and then Malherbe who was between the passer and the try scorer....bellyflopped.

Louw wasn't in a position to stop either try....nor did he make the mistake that initiated either try.

Case closed.

Aug 19, 2018, 12:57

What wus the remark that was so remarkable that I dunno where its at?

Aug 19, 2018, 12:57

Funny, I spoke about Super rugby in exactly the same way and you disagreed. Is Willie stupid? A BSer? I find it funny how you fall into these pits Clever Mike. 

Aug 19, 2018, 13:08

Seems he was calling out defence and the kicking game as the big differences....same as .....you know.

Aug 19, 2018, 13:17

Mozart

You still do not know the difference between aimless and poor kicks nd strategic kicks.   Le Roux learnt quickly enough what kicks are reasonable and good tactical kicks and what was Meyer's BS ideas about kicking.

And AgainBSter did not answer me about a direct quote by Meyer on backline play and keep up his BS.  

Aug 19, 2018, 13:35

Meyer's supposed aimless kick strategy won the Boks a rare test in Australia against the best 15 in the world. He repeated the feat the following year and got even better returns against Folau. Now, either Folau is a substandard player, or your theory on tactical kicks is wrong. You tell me. 

There was a movement in 2015 against Australia. Pollard and Willie in the line, bringing Their 15 into the line. Then a nice kick in behind for Habana to chase. Nearly coined a try. Had Australia scrambling so much that they were falling over themselves to prevent a try. Seems Meyer knew what he was doing. His team was so organised that from a botched Aussie restart his players read the situation and quickly formed a multi layered attack. Such attention to detail. Yet, they had no game plan. Imagine that, taking a team to #2 in the world without a game plan. Genius! :D

Aug 19, 2018, 13:52

It is possible that Louw could have moved closer to the ruck, but the player on the inside could also have moved further out to close the gap given how close he was to the base of the ruck. I am not sure if it was Eztebeth or Malherbe on the inside. 

Both Louw and the inside player were flat-footed just in front of the try line, so it was unlikely they would have stopped a back running at pace on the front foot.

Fernandez pretty much ran dead centre between the two players- so if there was blame it should be attributed to both the inside and outside player. Their was an 80% chance of scoring whatever option Fernandez took

Aug 19, 2018, 14:02

My guess is his instant read was the ball could be going to a pod receiver. And then when Fernandez got the ball....that the only chance to defend was that Etzebeth or the players coming left could make the tackle.....and if he came inside to defend, the next pass was a sure try.

A judgement call.

Aug 19, 2018, 14:04

It was Etzebeth on the inside. If Louw stayed inside to cover Sanchez he simply passes to the next guy, who scores. The reason Louw was going so wide is because our defense was stretched, hence the mad scramble across (too late) by Dyantyi and Willie. They had too many numbers on us out wide, as Butch James described. It's really very simple, unless one chooses to make an effort to obfuscate it.

Aug 19, 2018, 14:36

The argument is misconstrued by Mozart and his BSting supporters.  There were a similar incident in the London test where Mozart went beserk about Du Toit making exactly the same mistake and keep preaching to us about it for years.   Louw made the same mistake yesterday and Mozart said nothing at all - fact is the BSter still claims he is correct and is digging up the same excuses entailing to Louw as was raised in the Du Toit case - but ignored by him.   What a prejudiced false BSter he is!!!!!!!!!!!    

By the way - at the time Du Toit played very few times as a loosie - Louw for his whole career ia a loosie = spot the difference BSTer?

Aug 19, 2018, 14:36

Duplication

Aug 19, 2018, 16:05

If I remember correctly, I wasn't part of that discussion, Du Toit conceded a try against England. If this incident was what you are referring to, it isn't remotely the same. Du Toit, in 2016, got beaten a number of times when taking up the pillar or guard position at rucks. He was flat out beaten when engaged and lacked awareness. I don't see how these are remotely the same as the discussion with Louw.

It's clear to see who has the prejudice. In one corner I see individuals weighing up the merits of players on their own deeds, in the other a balancing if a scale to make certain individuals appear better. It's unbelievably shoddy how often you step on your own toes, contradicting yourself, omitting details, lying other times. Disgraceful. I thought your Morné, Frans, Alberts, Jake, Meyer, Schalk and Victor tantrums were bad, yet you are about to outdo yourself here. 

Aug 19, 2018, 16:12

AgainBSter 

You are trying to cover for Mozart's BS again by adding your own BS,   I had no tantrums = I wrote the truth to counter the made up BS you. Miozart and Pakie came up with.   Anything positive about the above players have been exposed over the years as in practice non-existent and Meyer was a disaster as coach - end of story.   

Aug 19, 2018, 19:23

No comparison between the incidents.....for one thing Sanchez never threw a dummy, for another thing there was no question who should have tackled Youngs and for another it happened twice in the same game...case closed.

Aug 19, 2018, 20:48

Total balls -  BSter - you have been caught out being a prejudiced dud again/   Wil you never learn anything about rugby?  /   , 

Aug 19, 2018, 21:44

Ah the dirty old pot calling the kettle black.....your arguments have been debunked again. You were in such gleeful haste to attack Louw, you never checked your facts.

Typical of a low calibre government employee where b/s baffles the little brains that exist. Sad really.

Aug 20, 2018, 00:43

FO liar

Aug 20, 2018, 01:56

So even your last post to me at 00.42 isn't your last? Here you are at 1.24 with your foul mouth at it again. Demented is the word that comes to mind.

Aug 21, 2018, 11:42

Whitely is a complete passenger at test level and Louw is not a 6 nor our best option at 7 or 8.

Our current loose trio is a shambles - it lacks balance, has no grunt at 7, has our 6 playing 7 and a powder puff 8

We need the likes of Kolisi, Kriel and Kwagga competing for 6

We need grunt at 7 from the likes of JL du Preez, Jacques du Plessis or Ackerman

We need skill and grunt at 8 from the likes of Marcel Coetzee, Dan du Preez or Vermeulen - with Vermeulen unfortunately a bit long in the tooth now

Aug 21, 2018, 11:47

Actually, Whitely wasn't bad. I'm nearly finished my sweep of the second half. So far, Whitely grew more into the game. The Boks lacked nothing for grunt. Even Kolisi had his moments. Though he was invisible most of the game. Coetzee can't offer what Louw or Whitely offer. I remember how he was an acclaimed defender and carrier in 2012, but was shown up badly. He had a chance to replace Alberts in 2014, blew it. Coetzee would be more involved than Kolisi, but he is no power carrier. 

Aug 21, 2018, 14:15

Crap Whitely was a passenger as he has been in every test he has played

Aug 21, 2018, 14:35

Dave

You must be careful here - we have complete habitual liars on site.   Do you remember the morzoscope evaluations of 2013 - complete falsification on what happened in games..   That nonsense was stopped for a while - but is now back in full force and we have to fight like hell to get honest assessments.   

You just have to go to what was written about Louw's contribution in the test last week to realize it were 90% pure lies and 10% slanted BS.   The three worst BSters remain the same and fact is they are trying to subdue real criticism on site, 

Louw was substandard last Saturday - they make him out to be top class with only  Etzebeth, Marx and Beast better than him.   That is the type of thing they call analysis - but one can really call systematic lies from habitual liars.       

Aug 21, 2018, 14:48

Tokkie gleefully sucking up to Dave pleading for support after being totally discredited .....truly cringeworthy.

Aug 21, 2018, 18:20

BS alert - no Dave is not the habitual liar you are.    He has his viewpoints on issues and sometimes I differ from him.- but he is not a low life.    Must be sorry he is back - he will expose you for what you really are.   

Aug 21, 2018, 18:43

1. You lied about my Folau Post. Spread your lie around several threads
  2. You lied about the Damian and Frans match up. 
  3. You lied about Super rugby tackle stats
  4. You lied about the number of Bulls Meyer used
  5. You lied about Steenkamps record
  6. You lied about the age of the Bok team that faced Japan
  7. You lied about Damian's role in the try we discussed at great length in the world cup
  8. You lied about his Super rugby defence stats
  9. You lied about Victor playing for the Boks and "costing them" in 2012
  10. You lied about Meyer calling out the "old" players 
  11. You lied about Morné's involvement in attacking play
  12. You lied about the role Jones played in 2007's campaign, directly contradicting him
  13. You lied about the Japan test with several outrageous lies
  14. You lied about Morné's role in Barrett's try in 2014. 
  15. You lied about lied about Fourie's defence on the 2013 EOYT
  16. You lied about last weekends game profusely
  17. You insult everyone who doesn't agree with you
All that, and you can't count. Ende. 

Aug 21, 2018, 19:21

SA rugby is anti rugby, it is uncouth.

It relies on basic sequences like line outs. Yet the hooker botched a large number of opportunities from line outs.

A player who does not perform at basic sequences in a basic gameplan can not be average. He is below average.

Aug 21, 2018, 19:52

No Trad, the only thing below average is your IQ, and that's below retard average. The STUPID hurts!!!!

Aug 21, 2018, 20:04

High enough though to see the socalled quota policy tale.

Aug 21, 2018, 22:24

Nope, low enough to think it's a good thing. You can't fix STUPID...Dom Doos.

PS, I use profanity less than most, but in your case I like it more than regular...arsehole!!!

Aug 21, 2018, 23:09

Actually I am very sorry for you - to be so prejudiced to the extent that you made yourself a fool about your rating of rugby players must be a terrible situation to be in.   That is when you face reality and be told what thy really are - whether good or bad - you regard it as lies.

Unfortunately there are no lies in your long list - only the truth - but because you do not like the truth about some players you turned it into make-believe lies.

As an example fact is you would not accept that Fransie is a failure as a rugby center and De Allende wiped the floor with him so your only recourse is to say I lied.   The same applies to Morne Steyn where there is all the effort to get out of the tight spot you always are in insofar as Morne's performances since 2012 are concerned.   I liked the way especially  in the 2013 AB test how he slapped Barrett on his back wishing him well on his way to score the try - one could really not call that a tackle attempt but ESPN did record it as a missed tackle/ 

I can answer every so-called lie you made up - but most of those related to where foolish and made-up rubbish totally unrelated to what actually happened are  spouted on site by prejudiced fools far away from what actually happened.  In your view I lied because I differ from the junk postings/make-believe stories posted on site.

My problem is I do not suffer fools gladly and I am afraid the disgusting Mozart caught you in a net and make you support the crazy ideas he comes up with.   You should rather think before you write prejudiced junk on site which proves nothing and you will always be discredited on site.   

Then we have the Kiewiet Matfield is concerned you apparently have a problem in reading - I never wrote about the English test in 2012 insofar as he is concerned.   The 2012 case referred to Steenkamp.   Matfield was carded in the 2014 test and the Springboks won despite his determined effort to lose the test - same as the case was in the AB tests in 2014.  Insofar as Steenkamp is concerned the failing scrums were  in virtually all tests  - but disastrously poor against the Pumas.

Go and check the rest of your facts before you call it lies  

Aug 22, 2018, 00:17

Clever Mike. You are losing it. You are straining desperately. You keep flitting between crying and stamping your feet. Give up. I implore you. You've made more errors in this "debate" than usual. That's the clearest sign that you are done. 

Aug 22, 2018, 03:10

You do not suffer fools gladly Tokkie......must be a hell of a thing to live with one.

Aug 22, 2018, 06:02

I am not saying anything bar that the two of you are the most stupid rugby idiots imaginable and your slanted prejudiced BS leads to rubbish postings about lies.   Fact is the real fools are the two of you.  Whenever your prejudiced rubbish are countered you suddenly stamp it as lies.   As I said before I do not suffer fools like especially the despicable Mozart gladly and you are very close to that.   

Aug 22, 2018, 06:02

I am not saying anything bar that the two of you are the most stupid rugby idiots imaginable and your slanted prejudiced BS leads to rubbish postings about lies.   Fact is the real fools are the two of you.  Whenever your prejudiced rubbish are countered you suddenly stamp it as lies.   As I said before I do not suffer fools like especially the despicable Mozart gladly and you are very close to that.   

Aug 22, 2018, 06:23

"Whenever countered" 

Don't get ahead of yourself. I think you are punch drunk!

Aug 29, 2019, 03:11

The Louw incident disposed of....a near unanimous view the try was not his fault. Trust Muck to reference this old incident and pretend he proved something....whereas he was shot down.

Aug 29, 2019, 03:24

You'll have the old coot in tears (again). Never mind Lügnerin...

Aug 29, 2019, 06:23

Mozart if I were you, and the two other Idiot Speakers In would be heartily ashamed of my conduct in this case.    Let me start off with Pakie claiming Louw made 9 tackles and missed 1one and said ESPN indicated as such.  Here are the stats - see for yourself.

Louw 0/0 0 0/5/6 12 0 0 0 0 7/2 0/0 1 0/0

The stats were 7 tackles made 2 missed all along.

Secondly Louw did not even attempt a tackle on Sanchez and Matera and that would not have  counted as missed tackles anyway.

Here is your quote:-

"No comparison between the incidents.....for one thing Sanchez never threw a dummy, for another thing there was no question who should have tackled Youngs and for another it happened twice in the same game...case closed."

"The Louw incident disposed of....a near unanimous view the try was not his fault. Trust Muck to reference this old incident and pretend he proved something....whereas he was shot down." 

Are you not ashamed about lying like that,   Any observer would tell you exactly the same as I did,  You people are shameless about your distortions on site and that is a fact.   A dummy story is BS anyway,   The position Louw was on the same side of where Du Toit was and he was just about a meter closer to the breakdown point.   The fact was that it left less space for Sanchez  to run though than Youngs had - yet they ran past Louw without him even attempting a tackle. 

Let my quote my real remark about what happened in that case insofar as you three are concerned:-

"I share your view in that regard - but Mozart and his fellow-BSters do not.   They use it for attacks on players and I was just giving them some of their own medicine in this case, 

If Du Toit was in the same position as Louw was - the howls of Mozart and his supporters on site would be heard in Moscow - so loud it would be.   They have their pet hates and that is always reflected on this site.   That is why I object constantly to their BS,"

As to the relevant incident - Pakie lied about the stats and both AO and you lied about what really happened and the total similarity between the two incidents of Du Toit and Louw in the respective tests,   Fact is the near unanimous opinion you refer to was the opinion of you three liars.  

Aug 29, 2019, 06:23

Mozart if I were you, and the two other Idiot Speakers In would be heartily ashamed of my conduct in this case.    Let me start off with Pakie claiming Louw made 9 tackles and missed 1one and said ESPN indicated as such.  Here are the stats - see for yourself.

Louw 0/0 0 0/5/6 12 0 0 0 0 7/2 0/0 1 0/0

The stats were 7 tackles made 2 missed all along.

Secondly Louw did not even attempt a tackle on Sanchez and Matera and that would not have  counted as missed tackles anyway.

Here is your quote:-

"No comparison between the incidents.....for one thing Sanchez never threw a dummy, for another thing there was no question who should have tackled Youngs and for another it happened twice in the same game...case closed."

"The Louw incident disposed of....a near unanimous view the try was not his fault. Trust Muck to reference this old incident and pretend he proved something....whereas he was shot down." 

Are you not ashamed about lying like that,   Any observer would tell you exactly the same as I did,  You people are shameless about your distortions on site and that is a fact.   A dummy story is BS anyway,   The position Louw was on the same side of where Du Toit was and he was just about a meter closer to the breakdown point.   The fact was that it left less space for Sanchez  to run though than Youngs had - yet they ran past Louw without him even attempting a tackle. 

Let my quote my real remark about what happened in that case insofar as you three are concerned:-

"I share your view in that regard - but Mozart and his fellow-BSters do not.   They use it for attacks on players and I was just giving them some of their own medicine in this case, 

If Du Toit was in the same position as Louw was - the howls of Mozart and his supporters on site would be heard in Moscow - so loud it would be.   They have their pet hates and that is always reflected on this site.   That is why I object constantly to their BS,"

As to the relevant incident - Pakie lied about the stats and both AO and you lied about what really happened and the total similarity between the two incidents of Du Toit and Louw in the respective tests,   Fact is the near unanimous opinion you refer to was the opinion of you three liars.  

Aug 29, 2019, 08:07

Let me start off with Pakie claiming Louw made 9 tackles and missed 1one and said ESPN indicated as such.

No, you are confusing me talking about Esterhuizen's tackle stats with that of Louw, as you yourself admit in this very thread:

I did look at the stats when referring to the Esterhuizen stats  when making that remark about tackling,   It originally 7 tackles made - 2 missed - but it now is 9 made 1 missed - so I withdraw my comments in that regard,

So yet again, Mike has accused Pakie of lying when in fact Mike is merely confused.

Aug 29, 2019, 08:43

And in between all this tediousness Draad appears for a little cameo altercation with Trad :D The fun never ends here.

Aug 29, 2019, 15:39

Sheer nonsense conflating the two Stephanie dummy bites on Youngs....who was his man, directly in front of him.....to Louw who could never have got across to make the tackle on Sanchez.

Muck mulishness.

Aug 29, 2019, 19:13

No Mozart

You are distorting the situation totally as per normal.   Du Toit was wider out guarding the potential next recipient - 2 tp 3 meters wider than Louw was and Youngs broke through next to the maul/  

You can keep on waffling - fact is there was ZERO difference between the incidents under discussion,   If Du Toit instead of Louw was on the field we will read about it 5 years from now.

Just as an aside - the way you  blame Du Toit for the piss-poor tackle attempt on Sanchez by Mostert  is typical.    Kept quiet about the missed tackle and screamed BS for the rest.   

Aug 29, 2019, 19:45

Nonsense Muck.....sheer mulish nonsense. stephanie was literally right opposite Youngs.

Aug 29, 2019, 20:33

Du Toit was wider out guarding the potential next recipient

Bollocks as ever.  Video is here, time stamps below. Make up your own minds, pundits, I'm not getting involved in another discussion about this.

Dummy 1 (replays start at 8:28 of the video):
Du Toit is actually moving inside towards the ruck to tackle Youngs, but then buys the dummy and goes for what appears to be an intercept of the dummy pass.

Dummy 2 (replay at 12:34 of the video):
Du Toit is watching Youngs all the way, even stops with clear intent to go for the tackle, but then shifts to the outside the moment Youngs fakes the pass - he completely buys the dummy.

Louw/Sanchez (Video here, replay 2:27):
Bok defense is stretched and outnumbered. If Louw stayed narrow to cover Sanchez, that leaves a 5m+ gap for the guy next to Sanchez to run through and score. Butch James' description at the time is all that needs to be said: "Plenty of space for them, if it wasn't him (Sanchez), it was one of his outside backs who were going to stroll over to get the Argentinian's first try."

Aug 30, 2019, 01:58

Steph getting beaten like that occurs in almost every test. This man is too clumsy to rush out of the line, and makes very passive reads. He'll lock on and nothing is going to change that call. One of the key players to expose to get through the Bok defence, once you started beating those tackles the Bok defence looks much less secure. The team can be out manoeuvred, moved around and when that happens, they look helpless. In this regard, the Boks are the most vulnerable tier 1 nation. 

Aug 30, 2019, 02:14

No Pakie.....Louw should have just taken off like Superman, flown through the air for 3 metres and tackled that pesky Bargie.

Sep 02, 2019, 19:38

That is the way for the three Idiot Speakers on site.   Idiot Speakers they are - Idiot Speakers  they will always remain.   LMAO 

Look at the pics again and see where you were talking KAK  - LMAO 

Sep 02, 2019, 23:46

It's a bird, it's a plane......no it's Louw flying across to tackle Sanchez. Hahahaha!

Sep 03, 2019, 00:57

The liar still does not get it.  Lets quote him clearly:-

"Let me state again for the record. Louw was lined up on the left pole.....Sanchez outside the right pole. Louw's concern was the overlap developing to his left. As the ball came out he was moving left."

Both were lies and clearly so.   The Pakie idiotic photos proved one thing - a total void of players  om front of Louw against whom he is "defending",

Do you constantly have to make a total fool and liar of yourself?   If Du Toit was anywhere near the situation or in a totally ridiculous position where Louw was we would never have heard the end of the story from you,   That is why your comments on site are always farcical and always total BS.     

Sep 03, 2019, 00:57

The liar still does not get it.  Lets quote him clearly:-

"Let me state again for the record. Louw was lined up on the left pole.....Sanchez outside the right pole. Louw's concern was the overlap developing to his left. As the ball came out he was moving left."

Both were lies and clearly so.   The Pakie idiotic photos proved one thing - a total void of players  om front of Louw against whom he is "defending",

Do you constantly have to make a total fool and liar of yourself?   If Du Toit was anywhere near the situation or in a totally ridiculous position where Louw was we would never have heard the end of the story from you,   That is why your comments on site are always farcical and always total BS.  

As to Pakie - we were discussing Louw and he came up with tackle statistics on Esterhuizen  - another clown on site as part of Rugby Liars incorporated,   

Sep 03, 2019, 01:17

Wrong.....it's painfully clear from Pakie's stills that Louw had no chance to make the tackle. Whereas Youngs ran right through the space Stephanie vacated as he bit like a Pig Nosed Grunter on the dummy.....twice!!!

Sep 03, 2019, 01:23

Because  he moved out to cover what?   He was covering nobody - Idiot,     

Sep 03, 2019, 01:23

Duplication

Sep 03, 2019, 01:48

Muck......tell me what you see to the left of Louw?

Sep 03, 2019, 02:30

No player at all I front of him neither on either side in front of him as well. 

Sep 03, 2019, 02:30

Duplication

Sep 03, 2019, 02:44

Wrong answer Muck....be honest, what do you see to the left of Louw.

Sep 03, 2019, 07:53

No player at all I front of him neither on either side in front of him as well.

Are you incapable of dealing honestly with anything? If you watch the video, you'll see Louw was covering A15. If he stays inside to tackle Sanchez, Sanchez draws him, passes to A15 who scores. Geddit? Pollard is the next defender, about 7m or 8m outside of Louw. Huge gaps all over our line. That's why Butch James, on the spot and able to see the entire situation, says this: "Plenty of space for them, if it wasn't him (Sanchez), it was one of his outside backs who were going to stroll over to get the Argentinian's first try."

Sep 03, 2019, 07:56

Nothing at all - what do you imagine?   If Louw moved wider - as you alleged -he should covr another plasyer in defense,   Nothing - zip - squat,     

Nothing at all - what do you imagine?   If Louw moved wider - as you alleged -he should covr another plasyer in defense,   Nothing - zip - squat,     

Nothing at all - what do you imagine?   If Louw moved wider - as you alleged - he should cover another plasyer in defense,   Nothing - zip - squat,     

Sep 03, 2019, 16:31

Schplotttttttttt!

Sep 04, 2019, 06:50

This is embarrassing. It's also tedious. I covered this with diagrams last year, with the same series of denials. No matter how much material is put forward, he simply isn't able to learn. It truly beggars belief. So, we end up with the same cycle of information on the same topics, over and over again. 

You need to Log in to reply.