Boks have been shit

Forum » Rugby » Boks have been shit

Jul 17, 2022, 00:50

With strange team selections there has been no continuity

We have been poor, with only Lood, Eben, Marx and Kwagga standing tall

Wiese was exposed for the ordinary player he is. Really is just dumb muscle who can’t catch and has no idea what to do with the ball at the base of a forward moving scrum

Get Roos starting

Hendrikse was a positive new addition at 9 and Willemse looks comfortable at test level

Faf, Pollard and PSDT need to find form although PSDT was far better this game

Our best players were our lock pair

Jul 17, 2022, 00:59

Yes, agreed. 

1. Team has performed badly as a unit
2. Marx needs to start. Teams need to be built around their best players to provide unity. 
3. Hendrikse is the real deal, and certainly first choice scrumhalf. He commands the breakdown. Faff is faffing around. 
4. Willemse has come of age at test level. He can slot into most backline positions with ease. 
5. Wiese was good in the first test, but poor today. A one-trick ball carrier, no impact at the breakdown.
6. Kwagga is an all-round player, and helps the Boks compete at the breakdown
7. PDST was crap in the 2nd test, but only slightly better today. On current form, it is debatable if he is a starter on current form. 
8. Scrum was not as dominant as usual, why were the top 2 choices not starting at loosehead
9 Breakdown only improved with Marx and Kwagga on the pitch. Even an ageing Vermuelen is missed at the breakdown. 
10. Kolbe was getting little to no possession when he was subbed - it did not make sense to rejig the whole backline. Leroux could have just slotted in on the right wing. 

Jul 17, 2022, 05:59

In general I agree about most players.   However, there is also a fact that from a competitive point of view the Springbok line-out competitiveness  evaporated when  Mostert came on.   Tmie to move on from him and use another real lock in his place.   

The Springbok backline functioned better with Pollard at flyhalf and De Allende at center than they did in the first and second test.    As a backup I would rather have Willemse to cover both positions than Esterhuizen.    Willemse had some real positives when he followed up kicks very well and the way he put down the ball and the Wales player holding on to him prevented a try being scored by him.   That to me was worth a penalty try and a card offence by Wales - the ref was kind to just penalize the Welsh player.

I think it is time to move on from Nyakane and play Ox Nche instead.   I am not impressed with Wiese - he was not good enough in both tests and I would play Roos - a thinking player -  ahead of him anytime.   Wiese is just dumb muscle.

I think there will be some changes made to the Rugby Championship Squad -  but in the starting line-up against the AB's I would not change much to the starting team other than  Nyakane and Wiese.    I would drop Estehuizen,  Jantjies, Nyakane and Mostert from the squad and replace them with some players who can really contribute to the team.    .        .       

In the place of Jantjies I would rather see the Under 20 flyhalf as backup to Pollard in the squad.    Was impressed by the youngster in the recent series. in Italy.   I would replace Wiese with the Under 20 no 8 as well.    Remember Pollard moved straight from the Under 20 team to replace the failed Morne Steyn (after the Perth disaster)  in 2014 and was a great success against the AB's in 2014.    

Jul 17, 2022, 06:09

You're giving dreaming Mike. You need defence in the centres and that means Ester. No attacking is going to happen no matter who who pick. Just don't have it in the players. Jantjies is way better than pollard. Roos was ass raped not physical enough and fucking clumsy. Gelant is a must. The blocks were bullshit yesterday. 

Jul 17, 2022, 10:09

Did anybody see how clueless Dud Toit was in the first Welsh try…focusing on the tackled man vs the potential receiver.

He tried his WC charge onto the Welsh 10 and was so slow he was guilty of several late tackles that weren’t called.

Time to find a productive 7.

Jul 17, 2022, 10:31

Elstat at 7. Fucking monstered the Welsh. Good defence. 

Jul 17, 2022, 13:00

Mozart

Youi are starting  up another piece of shit about D u  Toit - either through malice or ignorance.      

Jul 17, 2022, 13:00

Mozart

Youi are starting  up another piece of shit about Du  Toit - either through malice or ignorance.      

Jul 17, 2022, 13:26

Willie Le Roux is the best backline play maker we have by far. 

I would like to see Willie at 13 and Am on the wing. Lifts our creativity. 

Wee Cheslin has done nothing much lately. I was impressed by Am's pace sprinting down the wing.

The backs had some very good moment yesterday.

Yes both Eben and Lood were very good. Need Snyman back and Mostert out.

Du Toit was solid but I see ou Mozzzz predictably having a go.

This was a good win over a battling Welsh side. 

Jul 17, 2022, 13:33

SA rugby players best players in the world.

Their hooker can not throw, their second row should be in jail for the thugh he is, their third row forward can not fetch, their half fly can not direct a game, their center can not pass a ball, their center can not tackle, their winger can not side step

SA rugby players best players in the world.

Jul 17, 2022, 13:47

Start Roos 8 and Elrigh at 7....Kitshoff Marx and Malherbe must start....Am was good yesterday and just a bit unlucky that more tries were not scored. I would start willemse at 12 with am, DDA of the bench...gelant at 15....looks like kolbe is out for a while with broken jaw....bring Tambwe into Squad if his green card has been sorted.....Fassi could also fill that role though...." This was a good win over a battling Welsh side. " - this pretty much sums it up for the Boks yesterday....would they have triumphed against Ireland, AB, OZ or France? I am not sure and we need to get more accurate in taking those chances.

Jul 17, 2022, 13:48

Trad you are the one saying the Boks are the best in the world. 

The IRB rankings have them at 3. An honorable ranking. Yet all you have is one criticism after another. You are totally unhinged and making a complete ass of yourself as per usual. A total boring buffoon. 

Jul 17, 2022, 14:53

I have described the incident accurately. But hell just another try conceded by the mental incompetence of the Duds, let’s just pretend it didnt happen

Jul 17, 2022, 15:04

Wise Elstat Kolisi. That's the best trio. Could play Kwagga at 8. Gelant is the best attacker by far and Willy Plonka is fucking overrated. Haven't seen a good game from him since like 2013. I think Ester at 12 and Duh at 13. Jantjies at 10. That's about the best you can get. All your wings are fast but shyte. 

Jul 17, 2022, 16:05

Ja, Kolisi lasted a full game, one good ruck clearance, a try and a good run down the wing, but should he have been on the wing in the first place or would a winger gotten further and probable a try. 

Wiese had no answer, have to agree on that one. The 6/2 split backfired. 

Fat trev was a penalty liability and offered nothing in general play. 

Marx did more in 15 min than what Bongi did in the last 3 test. Extra weapon on both sides with great runs, stealing balls etc. 

We simply need to get the likes of Kittshof, Marx and Malherbe to start. 

Happy with Lood and Etzebeth. 

Jul 17, 2022, 16:05

Ja, Kolisi lasted a full game, one good ruck clearance, a try and a good run down the wing, but should he have been on the wing in the first place or would a winger gotten further and probable a try. 

Wiese had no answer, have to agree on that one. The 6/2 split backfired. 

Fat trev was a penalty liability and offered nothing in general play. 

Marx did more in 15 min than what Bongi did in the last 3 test. Extra weapon on both sides with great runs, stealing balls etc. 

We simply need to get the likes of Kittshof, Marx and Malherbe to start. 

Happy with Lood and Etzebeth. 

Jul 17, 2022, 16:06

BUT, we need a fucking back line coach or attack coach. Stick is stuck in shit and need to go back and do the time to learn how to coach players and get the most out of attack. 

Where the hell is swys

Jul 17, 2022, 16:31

I think its pretty obvous that KornKob is Mike... same pattern of multiple postings and the language is very similar too. 

Jul 17, 2022, 16:40

The Attack coach should've happened since Swys left...the R&N Gameplan needs a update...the way Ireland played with both Forward power and backline accuracy, we would have struggled and most probably lost....AB are coming, and with them losing they will be determined to beat us...there was more activity in our backline yesterday, bit still quite toothless.

Jul 17, 2022, 16:48

The Block backs and forwards are braindead. Not the coach fault his players are so limited. The top 5 nations are working with Milwaukee and your coach with little Poundland kid's tools.

Jul 17, 2022, 17:56

Mozart 

How accurate did you describe - you were talking shit again.  The  fact is that when  a player is  tackled any loosie or any other player worth his salt would chase to get to the breakdown point - and that is where Du Toit was heading - he would be remiss if he did not do at  that point.   The tackled player had his arms free and when Du Toit got near to him he managed to pass the ball to another Welsh player who ran behind the back of Du Toit to score.  If  Du Toit did anything otherwise like Mostert would have done he would be a shit loosie.     If Du Toit was not doing what he did and a try was scored you would have blamed him for the try beings cored even if he was 10 meters away from where he was.   You either knows nothing about rugby - which is clearly evident from your posting or you are just taking shit.  I think both is applicable in this case.       

Jul 17, 2022, 17:59

Redrose

Is only defending when when he has to tackle players in traffic.  Otherwise he si useless as a defender as he is pace-deficient.   Esterhuizen has now played 9 tests without scoring a try or even being making  a try-assist.   He has still the same deficiencies he had because he is dumb muscle.   To even think to replace de Allende with him is a dead head idea.  

Jul 17, 2022, 19:34

Oh what utter horseshit, PSDT is by far the best blindside in the game, he has hardly played any rugby for ages so is obviously a little rusty but showed some good moments on Saturday

The man is pure class but like a few of our overseas based Boks, they are lacking form

Jul 17, 2022, 20:05

SB

Le Roux does not have enough pace to play on the wing.   The only place he could fit in is at full back.       

Jul 17, 2022, 20:17

Red Nose your advise on who to select is wishful thinking .

We know you would love to see Jantjies at #10 if and when the Springboks play England but I think he is a done Springbok after his dismal showing against Wales in the first game. 

Pollard is the #1 fly-half for SA and I would rather see one of the young and upcoming #10's as his backup.

Am is done and we desperately need another #13 to replace him. Not sure that "Essee" will be back after his poor performance as well.

Pleased with the #9 much better service to the backline and does not give away possession like Faf with his endless kicks from behind the scrum.

But on the three games against Wales I was not impressed with the Springbok performance in any of the games.

Changes have to be made in the front office of the SA Rugby Board the sooner the better.

Trust you enjoyed the "Warriors" routine though prior to the game.

Jul 17, 2022, 20:36

First few games of the season with one of them being a circus thanks to the crazy selections.

Let’s keep in mind that Wales had no answer to the Bok pack playing off of 9.

Can we talk about Pollard trying those grubbers though…damn that was funny.

9s Happy with both Faf and his understudy who looks sharp.

Willemse and Galant both look like they belong.

Willie made hardly any errors and Am was solid.

But, we have the best 12 in world rugby apparently playing for us…anyone fancy regaling us with his feats in this series? As i recall, his almost try yesterday was about the highlight of his series. Both Pollard and Willemse are better 12s.

This is the thing, we(DDA fans) rate him as a best in the world along with Eben, Marx and Pollard.

Problem is, Eben had massive series and Marx seemed incapable of putting a foot wrong. Pollard was a presence in vastly more than simply reputation.

But where oh where was old DDA? Another series and another failure to notch up a single highlight reel play.

While Willemse and our new scrummie, virtually international noobs, looked like they’ve been a Boks for a decade already.

What am i missing boys?

Jul 17, 2022, 20:59

Ester needs front foot ball and a chance to be a focal point. He has never had that and that's my only criticism of the coach. You gotta give the guy the SAME opportunity. Neither are great attackers.

Jul 17, 2022, 21:48

They seem very happy to bench Faf as soon as he has one bad half though. A guy who has been nothing but quality since day 1.

When it comes to DDA, he can be awol for an entire series and he’s probably still first on the sheet.

It boggles.

Jul 17, 2022, 21:53

Faf is now a fat midget with no skills. He only ever offered energy and speed around the field. He was a bit niggly and disruptive. Faffy Fuck has the shittiest skills ever. I agree that there is favouratism maybe Faffy needs to attend more braais with the coach or majke friends with political figures. That;s how it works in good old Azania. 

Jul 18, 2022, 07:25

You must be having a laugh.

Faf is absurdly good and still easily the best 9 SA has.

Jul 18, 2022, 09:44

Dud Allende again managed to turn golden ball into lead … Dud Toit was a cumbersome plodder. And some would say he should stick his head in the ruck when he is the only defender on the goal line. I would say that’s just another mental error which conceded an unnecessary try.

The Duds you loved them, you hyped them, you deserve them

As usual the Boks won by the massive presence of Etzebeth and Pollard. After the Duds charged the ramparts toothlessly Pollard showed that a bit of acceleration and aiming at the gap rather than the man does the trick

Jul 18, 2022, 09:59

Plum 

The winning try in the first test was from a try-assist by De Allende - conveniently forgotten by you.   

I agree about some of the grubber kicks by Pollard - but wat to know what E#sterhuizen produced in the second test?    As bad as he was in all tests he played in  before.   Willemse was always attacked by site members and now suddenly he should be played at 12 -  where he has minimal experience in playing.    And the only time Pollard played at 12 was when he played Varsity Cup and under 20 rugby.   That was about 8 years ago.   

Red Rose 

Esterhuizen had been tried 9 times and never made a really positive contribution in any tests he played in - he is slow and even though physically strong he brought nothing to the team on test level.    Because of that the result always has been that when he carried balls frequent turnovers and penalties followed.    In previous tests he had opportunities to make hay and yet failed every time.    Because of pace deficiency open field tackles is beyond his capacity.   The fact is that Esterhuizen failed to meet the standard for inclusion in the WC squad and when Kriel was injured the call-up was for Willemse to join the squad and NOT Esterhuizen.   If he was as good as you thought he is why did that happen?  My advice is ask White about Esterhuizen - he apparently belief that Esterhuizen is a better player as a loosie than he is at center. and he tried to use him as a loosie for the Sharks and he failed in that case as well.   

Jul 18, 2022, 10:19

Mozart is totally ballistic  in his  obsession with Du Toit and De Allende and he frequently lies about what happens in matches when they are concerned.   Now Du Toit - the player of the Year on 2019  is a plodder - and that takes the cake.   The attacks by Mozart ofn the two players started in 2013 and 2014.    When Du Toit was injured seriously in 2015 Mozart was totally happy  about the injury as was evident from his contributions since he was a threat to the inclusion  of the totally non-performing Matfield for selection to play in the 2015 WC.   Despite his happiness Du Toit was fit enough for inclusion in the WC squad then.      

The imbecilic Meyer did not include him in any team to play at lock where he played constantly for years.  In the Japan disaster test  in 2015 Alberts - who never played any rugby for 14 months - was selected at 7.    An hour before the match started it was found that Alberts could not play and Du Toit was included in the starting line-up despite the fact that he had not played in that position since 2012 was clearly an injustice to Du Toit whose erformance was not really good enough.  However, the Springboks lost the test because of the farcical display of the Senior players in that test - nothing more.

When Erasmus in 2018 realized they have a serious selection problem at 7 - he asked the Lions and the Stormers to play Mostert and Du Toit to be used in that position.  Mostert failed miserably and after three matches the Lions retureed him to play at lock - Du Toit passed the test and became the key Springbok loosie and World Player of the Year in 2019.    

Mostert contribution in games has been dismal and that was the case as well on Satirday when he came from the bench as a lock.    He is so useless in line-outs after he came on the throw-ins were to Du Toit and De Jager - another pet hate of Mozart and some other empty-headed idiots failing to understand rugby.  .    .   .

Jul 18, 2022, 11:54

Beenkop the idea of moving Willie to 13 is ridiculous for two reasons - one Am is regarded as the best 13 in the game and secondly Willie would be useless defensively at 13

Stupid stupid idea

Jul 18, 2022, 12:12

Nope Willie can tackle and would set up his wings superbly. 

Am has the pace to be on the wing and also has creativity. 

Snapster you lack imagination and the vision to see what could be. Best listen to Beeno. 

Jul 18, 2022, 12:19

Beenkop you are fucking both clueless and stupid

You clearly don’t understand the game

Here is an education for you. It’s about picking up the subtle, intricate things that make a player great

https://youtu.be/aeAtyFWQfw0

Jul 18, 2022, 12:28

Snapster after all the many times I have schooled you and you come up with a remark like this. Bwahahahahaha.

Jul 18, 2022, 12:32

it worked for Jacque Fourie, but he was still  very young. Jessie Kriel is another convert but less successful. 

Willie is 33, not sure how much ball he will see if De Alende trucks it up or Pollard or Faf keeps kicking the ball away. 

Am has been sublime as link, Willie can come in and  join the line when the time is right which is what he has done so many times. 

He is better off playing from the back and can inject himself in general play. 

Watch Swys comments on Willie and how well he does in that role. I think that is why they want to convert Willems to 15, but still give him chances to also play 10 and 12 so that he can keep his distribution game working. 

I thought Willemse had some nice touches on Saturday when he was at 10 with good contact and off loading. 

Where as Willie runs a beautiful  arc with a great pass to get his wingers away 

Jul 18, 2022, 12:35

Mike…i’m not sure how you rate that as being the winning try, since it was not the last try of the match nor the one that won us the game.

Since it was a close match, i suppose any Bok try was a “the winning try”.

And, as was discussed here, the opinion to grubber there was not the correct one, but it did work out in the end. Had DDA passed, it would have been a 2 vs 1 with Wales stretched.

But i’ll ask again…where are the DDA performances to match those of Eben, Marx and Pollard who we also rate as best in their positions until the world?

Jul 18, 2022, 12:38

And i still maintain that Willie is the most technically sound tackler in the Bok side.

Jul 18, 2022, 13:15

Trad you are the one saying the Boks are the best in the world.

Corrected: Trad you are the one saying the Boks are not the best in the world.

Jul 18, 2022, 13:40

Am the best 13 in the game? Sure, yeah ex Saff. Only in the mind of deluded yarpies. No saffer has ever been the best centre in the world period! No Block back would ever be in a real world xv, fuck I cant think of one that would get into any top 5 in the world. Gelant is by far the best Block attacker, but he still needs to prove himself a bit.  

Jul 18, 2022, 14:28

Well, that’s blatantly untrue.

Jul 18, 2022, 14:49

That's blatantly a fact. 

Jul 18, 2022, 14:51

That YouTube analysis on Am is brilliant

Willie would never make a 13, is not nearly physical enough and would be porous in defence

They are unfortunately pushing Willemse as our 15 when it should be Gelant

Gelant scans and creates like Willie does

We are missing a trick by not having Gelant at 15

I’d have Willemse on the bench as a utility player but primarily as a back up 12. Get him on the field in the second half either at 10, 12 or 15 wherever the incumbent is not firing

Jul 18, 2022, 15:00

Am can run good lines but he is shit at defence and hardly participates. Agreed on Gelant, he has been amazing. Willy Plonka hasn't been good since 2013. A reputation selection. Willemse is shit, one of the shittest players in the land of the Gaybow. 

Jul 18, 2022, 18:41

Bullshit re Am on defence he is brilliant defensively, its Am who marshals our defence

Jul 18, 2022, 19:09

Boks have never been shit, no international is shit, they simply go through periods of re-adjustment and reformation and learn from trial and error , readjust and improve and come back. No rugby side can dominate forever, SA can get together good players during periods, sometimes not, so can England, ABs,, and Australia, but now we have a shift, France and Ireland. One of these days we see Japan there and perhaps, USA and Georgia. Indeed that's exciting , rugby would be boring if results always repeat themselves. Challenges are exciting , hegemonic attitudes are not.

Jul 18, 2022, 19:09

Well, that explains why your defence is total balls. 

Jul 18, 2022, 19:26

Good comment walrus.

Fake rose take note and grow some balls there’s a good boy

Jul 18, 2022, 19:28

Will you provide the manure Blackie? You talk enough of it. 

Jul 18, 2022, 20:11

Well maybe I'm different, I just respect all rugby players who can get a jersey for their country no matter who, it's more than anybody here can achieve. They are never shit, but perhaps constructively there may be better selections. I just enjoy the game for it's greatness, not to prove my nation is superior. I know most of you are the same , at least I hope so,I think more constructive criticism and not negative is far more uplifting to a game we should respect.

I love the WC , it's my favourite competition and what I like nowadays is that it's becoming harder to predict...we now have more contenders with the odd outsider that can upset the applecart.

We now have, France, Ireland threatening the dominance of WC results of SA, NZ , Australia and England. 12 years on it could be Argentina or Japan, entering the challenge and who knows whatever later, every 4 years.Rugby gives a pleasant relief from all the other shit we have to contend with. It is at least something we can enjoy together without degrading it to politics. It is something we all have in common.

Rugby is all well and good, not like many other human activities that are substandard today.

Jul 18, 2022, 20:17

I call a spade a spade and that's the most honest thing anyone can do. It's that simple. You need to harden up you wet blanket.

Jul 18, 2022, 20:25

Boks are the best defensive side in the game - fact

Jul 18, 2022, 20:28

There is no shift in Ireland, their side is an old one playing good rugby against the AB’s

They have benefited from their club sides playing the SA sides - they have been mauling like the Boks

Equally the Kiwi’s are suffering the loss of playing against SA sides in Super rugby. They are no longer challenged physically and it’s showing

Jul 18, 2022, 20:29

Well not against wales. The welsh had a MUCH better tackle percentage than the Blockheads... FACT. That's not a eye test, just a numeric FACT. beat more defenders and made more breaks. Fuck, Saffy, it hasn't been a good few days for you and your sack of half-arsed bullshit. 

Jul 18, 2022, 22:13

Stop lying you stupid prick

Boks 2-1 against Wales case closed

The loss was against our B side and the loss was by 1 point

Had we played our A side it would have been 3 - 0

Jul 18, 2022, 23:19

Why do you bastards always avoid the topic? I talk about tackles and you talk about the result. You either can't understand what I'm saying, are avoiding the terrible truth or you are just a big fat dribbling cabbage. 

Jul 18, 2022, 23:40

You are lying about the tackles as you do with everything

Jul 18, 2022, 23:43

No I'm fucking not you hairy and misshapen ball sack! Everyone you get beaten on an argument you stomp your angry little feet like a bratty 3 year old and scream that it's not so. I'm half surprised you have run off to mummy (the mod) to have me banned for being a big meanie. 

Jul 19, 2022, 16:09

Prove that you are not lying you worthless cunt

I bet you don’t have the balls to provide the evidence you chicken shit

Jul 20, 2022, 08:03

It always amazes me to see how long two guys can carry on telling each other to fuck off. Get a hobby, lads. Or a job.

Jul 20, 2022, 10:13

Fuck you Pakie

Jul 20, 2022, 13:29

Someone insulted Saffex again, it is another Fuck off twat, straight to the point. 

Anyway, other then trying avoid Red Roses dog shit post, so we all agree the boks have been shit, poor "Roadmap" and no fucking clue where to next. We have gone back to 10 man rugby and kicking the ball away. 

Probably doesn't help with some of the assistant coaches that we have and that is the best coaches of colour in the country. Heaven forbid if there too many white coaches in the team. 

We should be worried about a couple of positions. 10, 15 and 13. 

Poor selections at lock, why do they keep rotating props out of position etc. 

Just wished the boks actually were able to do some amazing set plays that could lead to some decent backline tries or atleast some deception 

Jul 20, 2022, 18:27

The Blocks play 9 man rugby. And actually, they have major problems at 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 11 but 15 with Gelant is covered. The Blocks of old were better when traditional backline structure existed. With all the space there is too much thought in successful attacks, so you fucks are screwed.  

You need to Log in to reply.