Bulls back to winning

Forum » Rugby » Bulls back to winning

Jan 07, 2023, 02:05

Beating the Dragons comfortably

Goosen started well with a great break setting up Arendse’s try but 3 missed penalty kicks for touch are inexcusable

Grobelaar, Elrigh Louw, Vorster and Arendse were good

Lions lost to Munster in atrocious conditions. The score was flattering. The Lions failure to convert their scrum dominance into points cost them

Jan 07, 2023, 02:57

Stormers - Glasgow game should be good.

Sharks have sent a B team to Galway so I'm hoping Connacht pick up the win here. Think that would make them the first northern hemisphere team to have beaten all 6 former South African super rugby teams.

Jan 07, 2023, 08:00

Dave

Back to Goosen - aside missing kicks at goal - Goosen also missed five penalty line kicks.  That to my mind is not acceptable.    That was what I condemned in the case of Morne and I would always condemn players who are deficient in that regard.       

Jan 07, 2023, 12:04

Morné was the best we have had at winning the territorial battle with those kinds of kicks. There was also a 5 year period where he had a 77% retrieval rate for high balls. Stop talking nonsense Mr Clever. 

Jan 07, 2023, 15:11

I’d have Goosen with one leg over useless Morne

But Goosen missing touch was piss poor

You’d think that after one miss he would have learnt - but 3 - come on

But that break by Goosen to put Arendse away for the try is something only Morne could dream of

Jan 07, 2023, 15:32

I’d have Goosen with one leg over useless Morne

You don't really have a choice, that's the default fried goose package. 

Jan 07, 2023, 16:58

l'Grandea Merde

How many penalty line kicks did Morne missed.   I can remember two tests where he missed 2 in each match.     What was even worse his tendency to lose matches like he did all on his own in the Perth test in 2014.   

Morne was an expert in goal kicks and totally useless in the rest of flyhalf play.   So I support Dave in his statement.        

Jan 07, 2023, 17:21

Morné did not lose any game in 2014. 

Jan 07, 2023, 20:53

Perth 2014 against the Wallabies - one of many others,    

Jan 07, 2023, 21:22

Here you are blaming Morné for that loss - it was a defensive lapse of Lambie from 60m out - but you have no qualms about Damian blowing an assignment that cost us the 2015 WC game against New Zealand, or his two other gaffs against England (2018, 2021), or his game losing defensive mistakes costing us the 2015 Wallaby test. Imagine that, you complain about some of these losses, and then point the finger at Meyer whilst praising the player who let the team down. Imagine what the record would have been had these players you worship delivered on the faith shown in them. You are a disgrace Michael. 

Jan 08, 2023, 07:46

No BSter

The Springboks are leading in the game with Habana yellow-carded.   The Aussies are in the Springboks 22 and gave away a penalty in minute 75 of the game,     If  Morne found touch - Habana would come onto the field and the Springboks has a line-out on own throw.   

Morne did not find touch - the ball got caught by an Aussie about 5 meters in-field and the Aussies counter-attacked.   The Aussies scored a converted try and won the game.   ONLY 1 PERSON TO BLAME FOR THE LOSS AND THAT WAS PISS-POOR MORNE. 

Even Meyer found out that Morne was useless and dropped him from the team.   Despite the obvious fact about Morne's deficiencies Meyer included him as the useless addition to the Springboks 2015 RWC Squad - but only used him for 31 minutes in that series coming from the bench - Morne was one of 8 unusable players Meyer selected in the squad.    Afterwards Coetzee used him in two matches against the AB,s and in those two matches the AB's scored 57 points in each of the matches played.

There were also other tests where Morne caused losses fr the Springboks - games like Dunedin 2012 and the home test against the AB's in 2013 where Morne buggered up royally and that attributed in a major way as well - but not totally like he did in Perth.

Happy Totally Imbecile Day to you.         

Jan 08, 2023, 14:45

Morne did not find touch - the ball got caught by an Aussie about 5 meters in-field and the Aussies counter-attacked.   The Aussies scored a converted try and won the game.   ONLY 1 PERSON TO BLAME FOR THE LOSS AND THAT WAS PISS-POOR MORNE. 

The Aussies are 60m out from our tryline. How do they advance the ball, and who let them in to score? It's a simple question, and if you answer that question, you'll have the culprit. Morné was guilty of pushing for a little more distance than he ought to have, yet the windy conditions were no laughing matter either. If you want to blame him for failing to find touch, then that's the full extent of his mistake. The rest was down to a fan favourite not being able to make a simple defensive assignment. 

There were also other tests where Morne caused losses fr the Springboks - games like Dunedin 2012 and the home test against the AB's in 2013 where Morne buggered up royally and that attributed in a major way as well - but not totally like he did in Perth.

Actually, it was goosen who cost the Boks two tries in Dunedin. The scores were level when Morné left the field. He didn't cost the Boks any test in 2013. 

Jan 09, 2023, 18:24

I see Jake White went under the knife due to abdominal issues and will not be with the team for the rest of Jan. 

Not sure if this coincide with the team winning when he did not show up, but it looked like their strongest team they selected. 

The have a tough schedule, they have to fly back to SA with one game against the Exciles and then back North for another two games. 

SA really need to sort out these fixtures, it is ridiculous them amount of travelling. 

Some games in the URC or what the Bulls did, champions cup has no value. 

The format of the Heineken cup is mind boggling and no idea how points are awarded. 

Anyway, I counted 6 trips in total that our teams have to do. 

Jan 09, 2023, 18:29

Does not help flying economy class either as players have to fly in different groups and some players took 30 hours to get to Ireland

Jan 09, 2023, 18:30

Yeah I heard some SA teams take 40 hours. When the Northern teams file down to SA it only takes them 13 hours so the SA teams need to get that sorted out.

Jan 09, 2023, 20:22

It’s simply a ridiculous idea to have them in the HC anyway. 

Jan 09, 2023, 22:05

Bullshit Becs

Jan 09, 2023, 22:26

Shut up, Saffex ! 

Jan 10, 2023, 09:06

Qatar Airways adverts are prominent at the games ............ so its economy class & probably stopovers in Doha .

You need to Log in to reply.