You need to LOG IN to reply.

Cardinelli's TOW shocker.

Forum » Rugby » Cardinelli's TOW shocker.

Apr 09, 2019, 01:15

Take a gander at this team:

SA TEAM OF THE WEEK (ROUND 8) 15. Curwin Bosch (Sharks) 14. Lwazi Mvovo (Sharks) 13. Lukhanyo Am (Sharks) 12. Andre Esterhuizen (Sharks) 11. Makazole Mapimpi (Sharks) 10. Manie Libbok (Bulls) 9. Louis Schreuder (Sharks) 8. Duane Vermeulen (Bulls) 7. Jacques Vermeulen (Sharks) 6. Luke Stringer (Sharks) 5. Hyron Andrews (Sharks) 4. Marvin Orie (Lions) 3. Trevor Nyakane (Bulls) 2. Kerron van Vuuren (Sharks) 1. Beast Mtawarira (Sharks)

Crazy right? But there is a reason.....many of our best players weren't playing, and many of our best players are playing like losers....Kolisi, Allende, Dyantyi, Jantjies are good examples. Although Allende was a bit better last week.

But the Beast confounded his critics on Saturday by working Sadi in the scrums and playing potently in the loose. And incredibly Move-ou looked alert and aggressive.

Of more consequence though the Sharks' centre combination are building a case for the WC....far from perfect.....but not the big fat nothing we have endured since Jean's departure.

Apr 09, 2019, 02:02

I have been a fan of Curwin Bosch, and it looks like he is getting a bit stronger. He is a thinking player that is a creator and also a finisher. I wonder if he would actually be a better option to back up Willie Leroux instead of Willemse. 

Willemse at this stage is looking more like a 7's player. 

Apparently, Robert Dupreez left the Sharks because he wanted Bosch to play 10, but Robert Dupreez wants his son to play 10. I read recently that Bosch may leave to the Stormers, but it is not clear what position he would play. 

Bosch is one of the better pole kickers around, and he has a tactical kicking game. I would prefer him at 10 instead of 

Fasi has not done much in super rugby this year- but neither has Robert Dupreez. Robert Dupreez can piss off to Sales Shark, and take his father with him

Apr 09, 2019, 02:04

Agreed on the Sharks centre combination is the best option for the Boks. Not much time until the world cup, so having this established combination in the midfield seems like the best option.

Delande just lacks brain capacity. 

Apr 09, 2019, 07:24

It is always funny how people react to stupidity and turn it into an art form.  I watched Esterhuizen and Am for years now and the only thing they have in common uis they are allways in teams that lose test matches,   

Esterhuizen is not the brightest spark around and even though he is physically strong his pace is seriously deficient - so much so that his defense is below par and when carrying the ball is overhauled by the opposition forwards.   Besides that his ball skills are limited and  he is a player with out ball sense.

Am's defense in the test he played in  was laughable and seriously defective - it  is not only his personal defense - it is the defense of the backline as a whole that goes top pieces with him around.

I do not think that De Allende is the answer either - but he is better than Esterhuizen in most respects,    As to finding an acceptable center pair the  Springboks have a long way to go.   I still think that Chris Smith of the Maties and Impi Visser of the 7's are two players to look at for the future. ,  

Apr 09, 2019, 07:24

D uplicate

Apr 09, 2019, 07:40

Haaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaa ... Bosch is now suddenly the answer to all our woes. He's somehow been transformed from a weed to a super hero.

SharkShit ... you are totally clueless regarding the scriptures, the origins of man, the big bang theory and Darwin's stupidity ... but that all pales in comparison to your knowledge on rugby.

You really should find another sport to follow. Rugby is beyond you.

Apr 09, 2019, 10:13

Dirty Mutt/ The Lost Sheep- I suppose you didn't watch the game on the weekend. Bosch made a fool of the Lions. 

Stick with Beeno is misinterpreting the Bible and reality. 2 peas in a pod. 

Apr 09, 2019, 10:20

Not sure if Curwin Bosch is a super-hero but he certainly ripped Spiderman a new arsehole on Friday night!

LMAO!

Apr 09, 2019, 11:53

The fact is that Bosch is a very pacey player - but in the Under20WC and in subsequent matches at flyhalf he is a dead loss,   I have no problem with him at full back - except the thinmg that he is not a good enough tackler.   Am afraid he can be very good on Super rugby level - but will be like Damian McKenzie of the Chiefs - he is a failure as a flyhalf. 

Apr 09, 2019, 13:21

Orie and Andrews were shocking - what a plank Cardinelli is

Apr 09, 2019, 13:24

Impi Visser does not have the finesse to be a centre looks more like a flanker.

If you want a 7’s player at 12 - Werner Kok is the obvious choice

de Allende and Esterhuizen have been good all season. Odendaal was the pick of the 12’s this weekend and our best 12 is at Montpellier.

We are sorted at centre. Not to mention Janse v Rensburg playing well for Sale

You need to Log in to reply.