Case against Etzebeth going forward....

Forum » Rugby » Case against Etzebeth going forward....

Oct 02, 2019, 18:29

From SA Rugby Mag:

'The South African Human Rights Commission has confirmed that legal proceedings will be pursued in the Equality Court on Friday in relation to allegations involving Bok lock Eben Etzebeth.

Before Etzebeth departed with the Springboks to the World Cup, he met with the HRC to discuss allegations of his involvement in an unsavoury incident in Langebaan on the eve of the team’s squad announcement.

This followed a social media storm, which erupted to suggest that Etzebeth had been involved in an ‘assault’ that allegedly had racial connotations.

Etzebeth first strongly refuted the claims, while SA Rugby has repeatedly stated that the lock would remain with the Springboks unless the police require reconsideration.

In the latest developments on the matters, SAHRC spokesperson Buang Jones said as soon as a court date is confirmed, a way forward on the matter will be penned and announced.

Meanwhile, the commission will also hold a mass public meeting in Langebaan on Thursday to address the community’s unhappiness over how the matter was handled by the National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) and SAPS.

‘We [SAHRC] are going to address them, and they will raise all their concerns about racism in the area,’ Jones said.

A docket containing statements regarding two counts of assault against Etzebeth was reportedly handed to the NPA, and after initially being sent back for further investigation, has since been completed.

In a previous statement, SA Rugby insisted that they would cooperate with the investigation by authorities and reiterated its trust in the NPA and SAHRC to investigate the case thoroughly.'

A public witch hunt is planned in Langebaan for this new form of law......time to leave.

Oct 02, 2019, 18:54

Seems SARU are saying they wont agree to Eben having to leave Japan mid competition

Oct 02, 2019, 19:34

Depends on when they set the court date....classical stuff.

Oct 02, 2019, 19:37

The SA Human Rights Commission is totally Anti-White and a disgrace when it comes to protection of White subjected to Human Rights abuses.   

Oct 02, 2019, 19:41

This is why we need border control so lunatics from failed states cant run away from the shit they create and start the process all over again somewhere they arent wanted or needed. This is really bad. 

Oct 02, 2019, 19:47

That is due to be set on Friday but are SARU saying they won’t send Eben home if that court date falls within the WC timeline.

As you say classic stuff.

There is little chance the court officials are rugby fans!!!

We need a rugby man/woman setting that date!!!

Oct 02, 2019, 19:59

There was ample opportunity to deal with this before the world cup. The timing is planned to disrupt the Springboks. Predictable stuff...

If he was guilty, charges should have been layed against him ages ago. Had it been decided he was guilty,  that would be grounds for termination of employment with immediate effect- at the time instead of waiting for the world cup. ..

Oct 02, 2019, 20:55

Eben get a gig with some overseas club and don't come back. Who needs this BS. 

Oct 02, 2019, 21:40

There are those that would say a kiwi is behind the events surrounding wee Etzabeth, glad no one on here has been stupid enough to assert this.:angel:

Oct 02, 2019, 21:44

I never actually thought of that Just_win. Although, apparently Mccaw was in South Africa recently speaking to the human rights commission:D

Oct 02, 2019, 21:50

McCaw has been busy "advising" the RWC refs Sharkbok so I doubt he has time to speak to the human rights commission:P

Oct 02, 2019, 21:50

It was clear from the start that this is a hate crime ....against Etzebet and whites in general. I hope Eben cleans them out for libel/defamation... This BS is really starting to p!ss me off.

Oct 02, 2019, 22:03

A town hall meeting conducted by the agency bringing a legal proceeding, before that legal proceeding is truly a kangaroo court.

Oct 02, 2019, 22:43

This sound like the Cape Crusaders at work here. We all know how little the cape crusaders care for the boks. The are still up to their old tricks

Oct 02, 2019, 23:06

Your'e right blame the bloody cheating paranoid kiwis....It's revenge for taking out Retallick illegally...:)

Oct 02, 2019, 23:12

I don't believe that anyone nowadays can be involved in the type of altercation described without x number of people filming the event. The absence of any such evidence probably means that sweet vokkal, apart from obscene verbal jousts, happened .

Oct 02, 2019, 23:32

Razor, I'm not surprised by your comment. I am surprised that we haven't heard from the mentally fragile Bok supporters claiming it is our (Kiwi) revenge for the outrageously legal hit on Carter. I'm sure we will hear from Beeno soon though, lol

Oct 03, 2019, 00:06

JW, I think that Draad's on the money when he associates local AB supporters with the alleged incident. Etzebeth would've received a voluminous barracking from em, telling him in local patois what horrors the ABs had waiting for him in Japan & the true origins of his conception & birth ....

Oct 03, 2019, 05:28

What's happened to normal legal proceedings as it would be in all cases?

Oct 03, 2019, 07:10

Shocking stuff... Eben you are welcome in Australian Gold anytime... 

Makes you wonder what kind of fwits really run the show... Folau thing was another example of this too...

c'est la vie... or as the Japanese say "Shoganai" = similar translation /feeling ...

Oct 03, 2019, 07:41

Tom Cruise would be proud of how we've implemented the "pre-cogs" into our legal system.

I hear that blinking quickly three times is the new secret KKK handshake.

It's such a load of shyte. Especially if you actually speak to black people. Racism is very low down on their list of priorities.

Talking to a young guy from Kenya recently, his words were...

"It's insulting to ask me to believe your opinion of someone over what I see and experience on a daily basis." 

Oct 03, 2019, 08:21

Oh common ... Etzebeth slapped some small little coloured boy around and used racially abusive language while doing so ... and he did so in front of an assortment of witnesses.

The man is clearly stupid.

The natives are going to run with this. They are going to make an example of him and his stupidity.

This country belongs to them and he should have realized that by now.

Funny ... he looks like a dumb ass ... I just thought it was the way he combed his hair.

Oct 03, 2019, 08:30

Bull shit!!

Racism is at an all time high here in South Africa. Using the term "black" when referring to a person of colour is also construed as offensive these days.

These poor natives are hyper sensitive about everything when it comes to their race.

They wear our cloths, drive our cars, bleach their skin and even wear our hair .. all the while hating us for who we are and what we stand for. 

Oh and only the white man is racist round these parts. You don't get a black ... oops ... a racist man of colour in this country.

Didn't you know that?

Oct 03, 2019, 08:35

Wee cc the kiwi wannabee, have you pissed off to nz yet?  Make sure you do it soon.

Eben is a smart guy hence his captaincy role at the Stormers and Boks. Stop trashing this great player you absurd halfwit..

Eben you have a far better future overseas someplace.Take your chance now while you are young and get out.

Oct 03, 2019, 09:07

Aaaaaah ... Pussywhipped come to defend his dumb lock.

Haaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!

Tell me ... how well did the Stormers do this season under his leadership ... and as as I know, he played second fiddle to a quota, doesn't he?

No ... I haven't left for New Zealand and don't plan to. It's run by the muslims which is rather off putting.

I have plans to go in the opposite direction. To a place where seeing an African native will be a rarity. I will embrace their flag and their national anthem as my own and leave you to continue living in this shithole.

Oct 03, 2019, 10:08

Actually there is much we agree on but throwing Eben under the bus and saying he is stupid in not one of them.

Oct 03, 2019, 16:11

As I recall the story there was a fracas in the pub, but the other parties left, supposedly not hurt according to the pub owner. But then there was a group waiting for Eben's party when they left the pub. If that's accurate who is at fault?

Oct 03, 2019, 16:37

Contrary to what some of the stinking liars on this forum will tell you, I'm no fan of BEE, Affirmative Action, quotas or whatever you want to call it . . . it's just apartheid in reverse as far as I'm concerned . . . but the real question to be asked here is just how stupid you have to be to get involved in something like this and to be assaulting people and calling them "hotnots" when you're a professional sportsman and it's just weeks before the showpiece event of your sport?

Before Eben's hordes of fanboys start screeching that he's innocent, yes, he's innocent until proven guilty and he deserves a chance to defend himself but the fact that the Human Rights Commission have had a chance to review the available evidence and interviewed Etzebeth himself and have still decided to go ahead and have the case heard at the Equality Court should tell even the most strident and one-eyed Ebenistas that this is not just someone making up a story on social media to try and get some attention. This is serious.

I made the point some weeks ago that Etzebeth should not have travelled with the team to Japan and he should have faced his accusers instead (like Ben Stokes did when he missed the Ashes tour) and that was greeted with howls of anger and derision. I wonder what those same strident defenders of justice will have to say if Etzebeth has to come home and is found guilty!

The inclusion of one player for a sporting event was never worth alienating a large percentage of the country's population and has created the perception that SA Rugby cares more about the individual player than the image of the sport and the well-being of rugby in South Africa.

Oct 03, 2019, 16:40

There is no proof of anything like that yet,  Wait for the court case and see what happened then.

Oct 03, 2019, 16:50

Ou Maaik, if you or I were facing the same accusations that Etzebeth is facing and we told the Human Rights Commission that we couldn't attend the hearing because we had an important meeting or a wedding to attend we'd be laughed at and probably arrested on the spot.

There must be some proof for the HRC to take this further to a hearing. Surely even you can see that.

I don't see why Etzebeth should get preferential treatment because he's a high-profile Springbok rugby player and the RWC is about to kick off.

Oct 03, 2019, 17:32

"There must be some proof for the HRC to take this further to a hearing. Surely even you can see that."

This thing has been politicised. If there was anything to it, he should have been charged by the NPA. 

Having said that. You are known by the company you keep and I'm sure there were some riff-raff amongst his crowd...this was stupid, he should have known better.

Oct 03, 2019, 17:37

"but the real question to be asked here is just how stupid you have to be to get involved in something like this and to be assaulting people and calling them "hotnots" when you're a professional sportsman and it's just weeks before the showpiece event of your sport?"

Yep, that'd be pretty stupid.

If it happened.

However, in the absence of footage or professional witnesses, can one really expect a player to just skip a WC on the basis on claims alone?

I see they say the gun used to wack someone on the head, is owned by Eben, and is being tested for DNA.

That alone raises further questions.

Were there cops on the scene that confiscated the weapon? If so, on what grounds?

Is Eben guilty of firearm negligence?

Did he point his firearm at someone? - that on its own is jail time, because the person may have believed you were actually going to shoot them. Isn't it a minimum of ten years for that?

Are there reliable witnesses to that specific incident? It's important because of all the accusations, it's easily the most serious.

Medical records that back up the claims of being pistol whipped? Assault still being less serious than the above.

There are so many claims here.

Surely if the more serious claims held much water then the cops would have arrested him on the spot or soon after.

Pointing a weapon at someone is not something cops find out about today and arrest you in two months time for.

Not if the evidence is immediately available.

And Rooi, correct me if I'm wrong, but the HRC is able to procede on hearsay. In their case, an affidavit is sufficient, at least to get the ball rolling. Is that correct or not? 

Oct 03, 2019, 17:37

Of course 'middle of the communist road' Peeper thinks there has to have been some hard evidence. He also thought that with Geo Cronje.

Oct 03, 2019, 17:44

No, junior, try to follow the bouncing ball . . . I'm saying that the fact that the HRC has heard the accusations, interviewed Etzebeth, done a preliminary investigation and are still proceeding with a hearing suggests they have enough evidence to pursue this further.

Oct 03, 2019, 17:47

Plum, has that pistol story been confirmed? That doesn't sound good at all. WTF would he/they be walking around with a weapon...even more stupid?!!!

Oct 03, 2019, 17:56

"Plum, has that pistol story been confirmed? That doesn't sound good at all. "

Wehe, one of the most one-eyed and vociferous of Eben's fan-boys basically admitting that he didn't bother to read the original story on this incident but flew to the defence of his hero anyway.

LMAO!

Oct 03, 2019, 18:19

Wehe here we have ou rooibozo who for two years insisted Trump colludeD with Russia dispite any EVIDENCE EVER EXISTING. Rooibozo further ignored all the exculpatory evidence presented here and just kept smearing Trump.

Now the clown thinks Eben is guilty as charged before there has been a trial!!!Those who say hang on a mement

The buffoon never learns. Rooibozo has always hated Eben and this hatred, like TDS., has effected his USUALLY wonky judgment.

HAHAHAHAHA WHAT A WACKOU POOR ROOIJACKASS IS. 

Oct 03, 2019, 18:22

Please stop lying about not being in favour of quotas. You were all for quotas being selected for the Boks and only changed your tune later. 

You also didn't mind quotas in the workplace until your son was denied a job. Then you bawled your head off. So funny!!!! 

Stop being a stinking frot liar rooibozo! 

Oct 03, 2019, 18:51

Why he would even waste time returning to RSA is crazy.

Go North Eben make real money and get your love ones to follow....

RSA is not screwed it is F----d for all time.

Watch the movie Africa Addio if you can.

Oct 03, 2019, 19:06

If it was another country and their "human rights commission" was involved, I would be starting to assume Eztebeth might be guilty. 

However in South Africa my guess this is an elaborate plot to frame Eztebeth, in an effort to try derail the Springboks tournament. 
The timing of the whole thing is too coincidental. Surely if the Human Rights Commission had assumed he was guilty after meeting him, that was the time to act. He could have been removed from the Bok squad at the time. 

I read this stuff and it makes me hate South Africa. If white people get treated like this because Africa is for the Africans, then I do not want Africans in Europe. Sure it is not all Africans, but this is their elected government - just like the situation in Apartheid.

Oct 03, 2019, 19:10

sharkbok I totally agree with your above posting.

Honest and to the point.

Well stated.

Oct 03, 2019, 19:49

Another condemnation of the rule of law.

How things work.

One big question mark is to know whether this guy, once cleared, since he is going to be cleared, SA can not afford sentencing him, will look for compensation.

Because it is all about compensation.

Oct 03, 2019, 19:53

This thing has been politicised.

Rugby is a political thing in SA, courtesy of the previous regime. Political action meets political action.

Now the SA rugby team made it even worse as they could have afforded releasing this player as they have more than enough players to start at his position.

No worries though, there will be no condemnation. Just like the quota policy. There is none enacted in SA.

Oct 03, 2019, 19:55

Go North Eben make real money and get your love ones to follow....

The same was said about that player who used his rugby profile to promote religion.

Job opportunities are so scarce this guy is suing on that ground.

This guy is trouble.

Oct 03, 2019, 20:07

I don't believe that anyone nowadays can be involved in the type of altercation described without x number of people filming the event. The absence of any such evidence probably means that sweet vokkal, apart from obscene verbal jousts, happened .

Incredible assertion. The solution to all woes.

No crime, no rape, no murder can happen these days without x number of people filming the event.

Considering the issues in SA for anything basic like food, water access etc it would be telling to know the number of cell phones among the population, who own them.

Already fishy things happening in this case with video evidences taken down.

This player was involved in three reported incidents, a wild ride. The first two were quickly forgotten, as they probably involved SA white people who sacrificed honesty, respect of the law etc to their rugby god.

Baffling remark, lately, a SA rugby player was accused of beating down a dentist. Nothing happened since there was no video evidence.

Later, this player would be charged with drug addiction in the north.

Only in SA.

Oct 03, 2019, 21:40

Rooi, you do understand the difference between an allegation and the confirmation of the actual events and the details and facts?

Oct 03, 2019, 23:13

Sure Peeper gets it. ...it’s an allegation if it’s a left wing loon and a confirmed fact if it’s a conservative.

We don't have the facts, but we do know the motivations

Oct 04, 2019, 00:27

Let's just hope he wans't pretending to quick-scopes scrubs :angel:

Oct 04, 2019, 01:30

This incident is right up Koosie's sleeve....his hate of the guy is well documented. It's like "I told you so" as opposed to waiting for the truth to come out through proper procedure.

Oct 04, 2019, 02:07

Let me guess... out for a drink... hassled by locals... eben being a tough dude with a couple of drinks under his belt reacted to a situation.. quickly escalated... 

If guns were involved... one would have to ask... would Eben not be prudent to carry such given his national profile and the perceived anarchy that exists in parts of RSA?

Yep - get outta there Eben - go to France play NH come back and play for the boks in tournaments and then retire somewhere without the complicated BS... 

Oct 04, 2019, 06:08

Etzebeth to play on Friday despite Equality Court case

Springboks /  / 

FUKUROI CITY  Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth will line-up against Italy in a must-win Rugby World Cup Pool B clash at the Shizuoka Stadium in Japan on Friday despite allegations of physical and racial abuse hanging over him.

The matter stems from an incident in the South African coastal town of Langebaan on Aug. 25, during which a man was allegedly racially and physically abused by a group that included Etzebeth.

The South African Human Right Commission (SAHRC) will approach the Equality Court on Friday to ask it to hear what amounts to a civil case, a date for which will only be set later.

State prosecutors have yet to decide whether there is a case to answer.

Etzebeth has denied any wrongdoing and for now remains part of the South African squad.

South African Rugby said on Thursday it would abide by the jurisdiction of the Equality Court and confirmed it had instituted an "internal process" to address the issue.

Etzebeth, in a statement following the August incident, denied any abuse.

"It is completely untrue and unfounded to claim that I physically or racially abused anyone in Langebaan. Multiple witnesses can corroborate that," he said.

SA Rugby says it reaffirms its commitment as a "good corporate citizen" to abide by any requirements placed on it and its employees by South African authorities.

"We have fulfilled all requests to date and will continue to do so as and when advised," it said in a statement.

"Following our discussions with the South African Human Rights Commission we have instituted an internal process to address the matter, the details of which remain an employment matter between SA Rugby and the player."

The Equality Court can hear cases even if state authorities decline to prosecute and usually hand out fines or community service.

The timing of Wednesday's announcement by the SAHRC will be of some concern to Springbok coach Rassie Erasmus, coming two days before arguably the biggest match for the Boks since their World Cup semi-final against New Zealand in 2015.

South Africa, one of the pre-tournament favourites, must beat Italy on Friday to stay in contention for a quarter-final place and Etzebeth is a key member of their forward pack. 

Oct 04, 2019, 07:45

But Malema can say...

"We are not calling for white genocide...yet."

A government official can say...

"We should do to whites what the Nazis did to the Jews."

All he had to do was pay a small fine. Didn't even get fired.

HRC?

Honourless Radical Cunts

Oct 04, 2019, 08:50

The South African Human Right Commission (SAHRC) will approach the Equality Court on Friday to ask it to hear what amounts to a civil case, a date for which will only be set later.

State prosecutors have yet to decide whether there is a case to answer.

The Equality Court can hear cases even if state authorities decline to prosecute and usually hand out fines or community service.

Politically motivated boendoehof = kangaroo court.

Either the this has been covered up by the local police and prosecutors, or the HRC is overreacting.

Oct 05, 2019, 21:10

Please pardon the vulgar language, but to me this was very funny!

Oct 05, 2019, 21:21

Can you translate for me? 

Oct 05, 2019, 21:34

Google  is your friend.:D

Oct 05, 2019, 21:37

I'm a lazy man my friend and it looks like a jumble of letters anyway. I cant be arsed to type it out. Let me in on the joke. I want to belong sooo bad! hahahaha

Oct 05, 2019, 21:52

Translation -

Cuntslaps in Cape Town... hugs in Japan

Oct 05, 2019, 21:54

Thanks Plum. 

Oct 05, 2019, 21:55

Ask Draad what the specific word for "sky" is in Afrikaans.

Tell him he can't cheat and use air or heaven.  

;)

Oct 05, 2019, 22:12

I'm thinking, how bad can this be, but Afrikaans seems to be a pretty funny language so here goes nothing... Draad, what is the specific word for sky?? 

Oct 06, 2019, 08:29

I must confess a blond moment here. Sky=lug(air) or hemel(the heavens)....but that's cheating???

I know English speaking people get upset when we Afrikaans people talk about taking sides, but I can't think of a rude word for sky ATM:D

Oct 06, 2019, 08:42

Haha Draad

Lug = air

Hemel = heaven

Sky = ?

The sky is beautiful today.

Die ______ is pragtig vandag.

You can't put lug or hemel in there, right?

Oct 06, 2019, 11:20

OK, so there is no proper translation?...like "lekker" en "gesin".

Oct 08, 2019, 13:38

Contrary to what some of the stinking liars on this forum will tell you, I'm no fan of BEE, Affirmative Action, quotas or whatever you want to call it . . . it's just apartheid in reverse as far as I'm concerned . . . but the real question to be asked here is just how stupid you have to be to get involved in something like this and to be assaulting people and calling them "hotnots" when you're a professional sportsman and it's just weeks before the showpiece event of your sport?

Before Eben's hordes of fanboys start screeching that he's innocent, yes, he's innocent until proven guilty and he deserves a chance to defend himself but the fact that the Human Rights Commission have had a chance to review the available evidence and interviewed Etzebeth himself and have still decided to go ahead and have the case heard at the Equality Court should tell even the most strident and one-eyed Ebenistas that this is not just someone making up a story on social media to try and get some attention. This is serious.  "

Of course this utter racist is as guilty as hell. He has racist written all over him, as you can clearly see.

Oct 08, 2019, 14:36

I hear someone threw a brick/stone through Eben's Mustang window. I also hear that the gun was pointed by one of the members of the other party. Someone in Eben's party disarmed the gun-wielder and repeatedly hit that person over the head with his own gun.

Unfortunately the H-word was used by various members of the "Eben Group", quite possibly Eben too.

I also hear that nothing would have come of the incident until someone told the "victims" that there was money to be made.

Oct 08, 2019, 14:41

Yep it's the money they are after. 

If they pulled a gun their case should go nowhere. 

Oct 08, 2019, 14:44

The biggest supporter of quotas was the spineless jelly baby rooibozo. Until it turned and worked against his son. The it was wailing and nashing of teeth. 

Naturally rooibozo is against Eben. He has always hated Eben. 

Oct 08, 2019, 15:03

Beenz, lots of conflicting drunken stories going around. It will depend on the evidence...and if there was any??? It would be a tragedy if he misses out on further RWC matches on baseless allegations....and if he's guilty, he will get his dues when he comes home.

Where there is smoke, there's fire. I think he might have crossed the line after severe provocation, but someone in his shoes should have avoided the situation when it became apparent where things were heading.

Oct 08, 2019, 15:10

All things must be taken into account but will they.

If he gets any ban from SARU go overseas and make some real money. 

Oct 08, 2019, 15:28

that afrikaans sounds like a romantic language...

whats a good pick up line?

Oct 08, 2019, 15:35

“ Unfortunately the H-word was used by various members of the "Eben Group", quite possibly Eben too. “

And that word is waaaaay more deadly than a bullet.

Oct 08, 2019, 16:26

The new South Africa.....you can't swear at a chap when he is pointing a gun at you......HasBeen that's a perfect diagnosis of Peeper's hypocrisy.

Oct 08, 2019, 16:54

Red, this one always works...

Hou jy van brandy?

Oct 08, 2019, 17:10

"The biggest supporter of quotas was the spineless jelly baby rooibozo. Until it turned and worked against his son. The it was wailing and nashing of teeth"

So, is this where all Piss Mint's pent up anger and hatred comes from?...……..

Oct 08, 2019, 19:17

I've told both Baboon-ou and Klown that they are lying through their teeth regarding my son and his alleged job-application that failed because of his skin colour.

I asked both Klown and Baboon-ou to put up the proof that I said anything of the sort and both scuttled away as fast as their little legs would carry them. 

Now, after I've called Baboon-ou out for his lie and the weak-arsed coward couldn't back it up with anything of substance, he perpetuates the same stinking lie while low-class, stupid and gullible people like DumbAss just lap it up.

If anyone can find a post of mine where I said anything about my son being the victim of BEE then put it up and shame me. Failing that, shut your lying cakehole. DumbAss should know better given that the lifeless loser maintains an extensive database of everything I've ever said on these boards.

My son only ever applied for one job in his life and he got it . . . the dream job that pays well, suits his love of sport and gives him a lot of scope to grow either nationally or internationally.

Oct 08, 2019, 19:49

Rooi, I almost lost all respect for you a few months back...regardless of that, the story of your son rings no bells.

I've got a memory like an elephant and I've been posting on Supersport, Supersupporter and here since 2008/2009 and I can't recall you mentioning your son other than a member of your favorite rugby team ever, so it must be something that happened before that?....FWIW anyway.

Waiting for snarky remark...1...2...3...

Oct 10, 2019, 09:26

SAHRC: WE WANT ETZEBETH TO PLAY, WE WANT BOKS TO WIN RWC

The South African Human Rights Commission (SAHRC) said that it was probing claims that comments by its legal head Buang Jones could prejudice an investigation into the Eben Etzebeth racism allegations.

The commission has confirmed it's asked Jones to refrain from commenting on the issue while the probe was underway.

You need to Log in to reply.