Check this kid out Mambo Mkhize

Forum » Rugby » Check this kid out Mambo Mkhize

Jan 13, 2022, 15:08

Made the schools world 15 as an inside centre. Played for Westville - they say he has it all but it’s his distribution that is next level

95kg and 1.86m

https://youtu.be/1wMxAw7MaVs

Jan 13, 2022, 16:32

Very strong, backflip passes looks like a strong talent . There is good next gen talent here in SA .

Jan 13, 2022, 17:37

He looks pretty special

Connor Evans of Bishops made the world side at 4

I see he is playing for WP this weekend in the Currie Cup vs Lions

A wing from SA also made the world school side

Jan 13, 2022, 18:11

Harrassmiss will coach that passing out of him….as a 12 he has to charge into the weakest target, usually the flyhalf, and then recycle.

Jan 13, 2022, 20:12

It’s the reality of modern test rugby Moz - get with the times

Whatever Rassie is doing gets results

Jan 13, 2022, 20:18

Correction….was getting results…3rd in the Rugby championship hardly constitutes results.

Jan 13, 2022, 20:26

"Correction….was getting results…3rd in the Rugby championship hardly constitutes results."

No home games vs NZ and Aus were big factors.

Jan 13, 2022, 20:32

Another good talent is flanker/ lock Simon Miller from Stormers and I see Nama Xaba is leading the Stormers also top flanker. And winning the away games is our biggest problem....we need to change that drastically.

Jan 13, 2022, 20:56

Um Rassie was not present for the Oz and NZ games

Unless of course he is super human and able to coach telepathically

So I’ll say it again - whatever Rassie is doing certainly works given his 70% win record and having us at number 1

Jan 13, 2022, 20:57

Agreed Mpower Simon Miller is a beast

They need to keep him at lock but he is athletic enough to play 7

Jan 13, 2022, 21:16

He selects the team, he decides the tactics, he communicates during the match….the only thing he didn’t do was play the water boy, which may be effective but is totally against the spirit of the rules. One could make the argument that only the RC away tests and the Pom tests should be counted.

Jan 13, 2022, 22:42

With the amount of talent we have coming thru schools levels and players in URC, it is very possible to choose a Springbok Squad here in SA....look what Ackerman & Swys did with the lions, bunch of no name players and they ruled....but ja we talk on here for hours how we need to bring in talent and lament the ones leaving lost to the Boks, but R&N seems to thinks that we fine and they are not even giving new guys in the Squad game time....I won’t go as far as to say Rassies is useless but they cutting it really close and the lack of vision in attack play ( if you can call continues Stamp Car mauls clever attack) + building new incumbents, they better get there arse in gear as we are in more trouble than we realise.

Jan 13, 2022, 23:24

He looks promising, but the defence was often poor. He looks bigger and stronger than the other kids, and he does have pace and skill- but like many young players will be good to see how he copes at the higher levels of the game with less time and space, and bigger defenders. 

Jan 13, 2022, 23:35

Oh what rubbish - the only thing he could have been involved in from afar was team selection and tactics going into the game but not during the game

He could not motivate the players, be with them during training, the players no longer had their leader and mentor in their presence. He had no feel for their state of mind, or gauge their mood, motivation, mental fortitude, physical condition, you name it - all only possible in the company of your team leading up to and during the match

Saying Rassie was the coach via text or zoom is fucking insulting and nothing short of your desperate attempt to discredit Rassie

Fact is we know having played the game that you need your coach physically present, the guy you respect, your motivator, the guy that brings out the best in you, that inspires you that you trust and rely on.

Neinaber is not that man, not by any stretch

Rassie was NOT the coach when we played Oz and NZ twice and England on the EOYT and that’s a fact

Jan 13, 2022, 23:43

Bulkshit Mpower we would get our arses kicked if we only selected home based players

What a stupid ignorant suggestion

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot

But more to the point why the fuck would you want to implement such a short sighted policy

Imagine excluding Willie, Kolbe, Jessie Kriel, de Allende, Pollard, Jantjies, Faf, Reinach, Marx, Dweba, Wilco Louw, Koch, Etzebeth, Lood, RG Snyman, Mostert, PSDT, Wiese, du Preez twins and Vermeulen

Jan 13, 2022, 23:58

No I won’t exclude them, I am only stating that we have so much raw talent here in SA that you can choose a whole squad, that with proper training can become great.

Jan 14, 2022, 01:33

Etzebeth needs Harrassmiss to hold his hand, give a break. These guys are all motivated, skilled, the tactics are fully mature….as they showed against….um….New Zealand, they never needed Harrassmiss to play the water boy. They were perfectly capable of executing a well understood strategy.

In fact in the RC the longer their best game came when the time away from Hun was at it’s longest.when he reappeared on the YE tour we plunged from that NZ standard, continuing to get worse until we finally lost to the Poms.

Jan 14, 2022, 11:17

Celolenkosi Dlamini (Prop) is another one to watch...there is plenty of young talent around.

https://youtu.be/80aNiHrD8sc

https://youtu.be/80aNiHrD8sc

Jan 14, 2022, 12:01

Wow he is mega strong in the scrum and his charging runs reminds me of Tendai .

Jan 14, 2022, 14:12

Ah so the presence of a coach is not required in your world - what a joke

Yes Etzebeth needs his coach there damn right he does and he’d be the first to tell you that

You keep banging on about the win against NZ as if that somehow negates the two losses against Oz and losses to NZ and England.

The evidence is more than conclusive - Rassie was physically absent for 5 matches of which we lost 4

Case closed

Jan 14, 2022, 15:01

This year we will face wales 3 times in test series in SA, RC - AB, OZ and Pumas. EOYT will be Wales, Ireland, France and Italy. Only time will tell how team will do and perform without Rassie there for big part of the Season.

Jan 14, 2022, 16:27

Dlamini is in Tuks side who won FNB Varsity Cup last year.

TuksRugby: Cebolenkosi Dlamini who plays as a loosehead prop impresses in the 2021 FNB Varsity Cup tournament

Posted on May 27, 2021

A 19-year-old playing loosehead prop for only two years is expected to have a tough time in the Varsity Cup scrums but Cebolenkosi Dlamini of Tuks, proved to be no pushover. 

So far, he has given as good as he got each time he packed down to scrum. He actually relishes it to be involved in the "dark arts" of scrumming. An adrenaline rush to him is to get a tighthead prop to go backwards. 

His challenge tomorrow is to intimidate Maties' tighthead in the Varsity Cup semi-final. If he does, it could help to impact the outcome of the game. It is the first time Dlamini will take to the field to play against Maties. 

"From listening to my teammates and seeing videos of Maties play, I know it is going to be a tough encounter. But we as a team are in good 'space'. We can win, but then we got to limits the mistakes we make." 

Dlamini's aim was not always to be one of the strong men on the field. Two years ago at Maritzburg College, he was still playing centre. It meant he had to be the master of sidestepping and dummying. He only switched to playing prop in 2019. The same year he got selected for the KwaZulu Natal Under-18 Academy Week team. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, he did not really get to play last year.

When watching videos of his plays, it becomes clear he is a physical presence on the field. One memorable moment was when a teammate launched himself into the air to catch the ball. Dlamini was there to support. For a second or two, Dlamini was standing there holding his teammate high above his head as a weightlifter would do. Then he lets him down gently.

There is also not just stopping the Tuks forward if he has the ball in hand. He can overrun defenders with brute force, and he has not forgotten the skills he learned as a centre. When he goes for a tackle, the opponents stay down. 

According to Dlamini, he still has a lot to learn before claiming to be a good prop.

"The most important thing is to gain experience. Most of the props I play against are two to four years older than I am. So they already know the tricks of the trade. That is why I am grateful to be at Tuks. The coaches are always prepared to help me in one on one sessions. It helps me to play with more confidence. I have also been analysing videos of what is happening in international rugby."

To relax, the Tuks loosehead prop loves going to the gym "playing" around lifting heavyweight bars. Currently, he can bench 180kg. 

Dlamini, who grew up in Greytown, describes himself as always being a "wild child". That is why he was attracted to playing rugby. To use his own words, he could not wait to get physical. Seeing the Springbok legend Tendai Mtawarira play definitely contributed to his passion. He aimed to emulate his hero's heroics. 

"I made 'history' when I took up rugby. No one in my family ever considered doing so. I will always be grateful for how my parents have been supporting me through my rugby journey. They even became passionate about the game." 

The kick-off time for the Tuks versus Maties semi-final is at 17:00. CUT and the North West Eagles play at 19:00 at the Tuks Stadium. The 2021 FNB Varsity Cup final is played on Monday, 31 May. 

Jan 14, 2022, 16:43

He's incredibly powerful...his role model is Beast, in fact he managed a similar feat that Beast did with Anton Bresler in a Sharks match against Stormers...watch out for him Saffex...I think he will join the Sharks

https://youtu.be/DhskvFHeb6Y

Jan 14, 2022, 22:00

I think the Bulls might have signed him Seb I know they signed a Maritzburg College prop

Jan 14, 2022, 22:00

Mpower I’m sure we are playing England again on the EOYT

Jan 14, 2022, 22:25

Yes Saf that looks the case...I wondered why he went to Tukkies...that obviously is the reason.

Could be College's first Springbok prop...somehow my old school only produced flyhalves, centres and wing internationals...cannot recall any forwards but I could be wrong although quite a few provincials.

Dlamini could make history. Sadly Maritzburg College is only a shadow of what it used to be.

You need to Log in to reply.