Chester Williams passed away

Forum » Rugby » Chester Williams passed away

Sep 06, 2019, 19:06

It was just in the news a few minutes ago - Chester Williams  has passed away - he had a heart attack,

He will always be remembered as a class act as a rugby player and will always be remembered as such.

May he rest in peace and my sincere condolences to his family.  

Sep 06, 2019, 19:27

Yes, I just saw this in the news. Not long after James Small, the 1995 World Cup wing hero's... RIP 

Sep 06, 2019, 19:48

He was only 49 years old. Another gone so young. I didn't always agree with the man, but this is terrible news. Thoughts and prayers with his loved ones. 

Sep 06, 2019, 19:54

Rip Chester. Very young to die but any of us could go anytime. Then what? 

Sep 06, 2019, 19:56

Very sad news.

I sat next to Chester at a charity dinner a few years ago and we chatted about  lot of different subjects, not just rugby. It was a fun evening . . . Brian Mitchell was also at our table . . . and Chester was humble and friendly. He spent the whole evening having his photo taken with guests and he never once refused and he always had a big smile on his face.

RIP Chester.

Sep 06, 2019, 21:22

This is very sad news, but am I the only one that finds it suspicious that so many ex rugby players that were relatively fit and relatively young have died from heart related issues? Something is not right. I'll ask the question that I'm sure many are thinking. Were they on steroids or some supplement that damaged their hearts? Premature death due to heart failure is a common theme among "pro" wrestlers, bodybuilders and other athletes that are very obvious steroid users. I just find it too much of a coincidence. 

All that said. Chester, RIP, you helped heal some very raw wounds. 

Sep 06, 2019, 22:00

South Africans, particularly Afrikaaners, love their meat. My mother's half brother had a quadruple bypass two years ago, Afrikaaner. So many I others I know too have had heart issues. Too much cholesterol. On my father's side - German - of rural tradition. Lots of meat, heart problems. Very sad, the dietary component which accounts for size has such a deadly flipside. 

Sep 06, 2019, 22:29

There is a serious problem relating to heath in SA after centuries of intermarriage,   I  know about it and so did many scientists who studied what happened as to some chronic health problems carried over from generation to the next generation.   One of the main problems is high cholesterol levels in families.   

It has very little to do with diets and much more to do with  inheritance,  

I can write a book about what happened amongst  my own ancestors and in my last conversation with my father he referred to it as a curse,  He died at the age of 91 - but he knew the impact.      

Sep 06, 2019, 22:59

Diet affects genetics Lügnerin. Always the contrarian; always the the fail. 

Sep 07, 2019, 00:44

Very sorry to hear about Chester.

Sep 07, 2019, 03:10

A true rugby legend very sad to hear the news this morning. Condolences to his family. RIP Chester.

Sep 07, 2019, 07:44

Thoughts and prayers with Williams family and friends...Chester was a good person as well as an inspirational player. Will be sadly missed by many.

Sep 07, 2019, 07:49

Thoughts and prayers with Williams family and friends...Chester was a good person as well as an inspirational player. Will be sadly missed by many.

Sep 07, 2019, 09:31

I often wonder why the dead are made out to have been such wonderful people.

Even sons of bitches are raised up before their congregation as special. Why doesn't someone just stand up and say "He was an arsehole and I'm glad he's dead"  ... ?

Jams Small was elevated to god status when he died ... in a brothel ... getting ready to dip his wick into some diseased riddled ho. 

He was supposed to have been the man that stopped the might Lomu. In truth ... Lomu had his number and we all knew it.  He was a good rugby player ... but he wasn't as good as everyone makes out. He was most certainly no Lomu. 

Now it's Chester's turn. The truth of it all is that Chester was a bitter racist with a very large chip on his shoulder.  He was only included in the squad as a token of reconciliation.

In other words ... a quota.

The young are reckless with their bodies. It catches them later in life. Chester was a young man at 49.

What did he do to his body to pass so early?

I wonder ... who's next?

Sep 07, 2019, 09:58

I know what Chester's shortcomings are, but am content to leave these issues be and at least have some sense common decency and humanity to respect the recently departed. He was no Zuma, Barry, Blaire, Merkel or Soros et al; he was a flawed human, just like us. He was also a son, a father, a husband and a friend to many, as well as an iconic rugby figure (irrespective of level of talent, real or perceived). 

Sep 07, 2019, 10:00

I rest my case.

Sep 07, 2019, 10:01

You should let Damme Linda do the talking in future. :D

Sep 07, 2019, 10:13

Damn CC, Chester wasn't a quota in my book. I preferred him to Hendricks and was glad he got his chance...and I can understand where his chip came from. He was exploited by politicians...it's difficult living down a label. 

Like Small, he had his failings, but I'm sure both of them were nice people. RIP Chessie!

Blue, I think the fame that goes with being a Bok gets to them in life after they retire. After being on strict diets and exercise schedules for years, they let go a bit and overindulge a bit in later life. Live it up a bit....and who knows what the long term effects of legal supplements are? I don't think it's necessarily a smoking gun, but it's possible.  I had the same thought when I heard about Chessie.

Sep 07, 2019, 10:34

Still think I'm Perky Tits Linda do ya? Not too bright are you?

Sure Draad. We are all looked at from different perspectives. Look at Mandela. To some he was a hero. To others, he was a terrorist.

Chester is not my cup of tea and so I won't be singing his praises. He rode the gravy train just like Ashwin Willemse.

Chester died a bitter man ... and Willemse is still bitter. They both support/ed affirmative action and quotas in sport. They both feel/felt that they deserve to be rewarded for being black. They are both in favour of receiving handouts.

Sorry .. It's not for me. 

Sep 07, 2019, 10:40

RIP Chester Williams.

F.U.    Not-so-CleanCut

Sep 07, 2019, 11:48

Apparently Jeff Wilson has suddenly become very anxious

Sep 07, 2019, 12:35

Pieter Hendricks too!:angel:

Sep 07, 2019, 14:43

RIP Chester.

Stuur groete aan Mannetjies Roux.

Sep 08, 2019, 07:12

Don't worry CC, we won't bother saying anything nice the day you kick the bucket.

Sep 08, 2019, 08:05

Aaaaaaaaah gee!! That hurts, Pakie!!

I thought we were mates ... !!

Well ... if I were to have someone fabricate tall stories about me, I would want it to be you, Pakie ... ol pal.

No one can spin a tall tale quite like you.

Sep 08, 2019, 08:59

Goat of goats. :D

Sep 09, 2019, 10:44

The following was AO's comments about what I wrote about inherited family health problems:-

"Diet affects genetics Lügnerin. Always the contrarian; always the the fail." 

Now read the following from News24 and then keep out of discussions you know bugger-all about:-

Deceased former Springbok wing Chester Williams worried about his health for some time, a report has indicated.

Williams, 49, died suddenly from a heart attack last Friday, but according to the Sunday Times, the 1995 World Cup hero feared he may be predisposed to a heart condition that has affected his family.

The report stated that Williams' sister suffered a heart attack only a week ago and remains in hospital, while his brother Wilmot died of a similar condition when in high school, 

Williams' wife Maria told Rapport newspaper that her husband had no signs of previous heart conditions.

Williams complained of chest pain after returning home from the gym on Friday afternoon, but when his wife told him they should go to the doctor he swung his arms around his body to show he was fine.

However, five minutes later the pain returned and was worse, before they rushed to the hospital in Panorama where Williams was pronounced dead at 18:00.

"We were just two minutes away from the hospital, but I wasn't quick enough," an emotional Maria said."

My comments on you writing about something you no bugger-all about include all issues related to  rugby as well.    

Sep 09, 2019, 16:11

This is something I know a lot about. You don't know my background, my academic profile or profession or experiences. Stick to what you know, mashing out duplicate posts. :D

Sep 09, 2019, 18:24

Whatever you are - you remain a rugby idiot of note.   I said there are inherited health problems in some SA families and you disputed that  -  try the above as an example piss brain.  

Sep 09, 2019, 18:41

Best you keep your feet in your mouth and sit on your hands. 

Sep 09, 2019, 20:22

Best you start thinking before writing BS on site,   What you said originally are as shallow as your normal contributions on site are,  

Sep 09, 2019, 20:53

"This is something I know a lot about."

LMAO!

I'd hate to hear Omlett prattling on about the topics he knows nothing about!

Sep 09, 2019, 21:01

LOL - this idiot knows nothing about everything - even less about rugby,   

You need to Log in to reply.