CJ Stander huge for Ireland

Forum » Rugby » CJ Stander huge for Ireland

Feb 04, 2020, 02:51

With yet another MOM performance - but like PSDT he is a shit player!!!!!!

Feb 04, 2020, 17:25

Stamp is a minor team bully....the moment he was up against England and NZ he disappeared.

Feb 04, 2020, 18:02

Scotland are not minor and it’s absolutely absurd to think a player who performs well against Scotland suddenly can’t replicate that against say England who are marginally better than Scotland unless of course England thrash Scotland every time they play them

Just face it Moz you have no idea what you are talking about

CJ and PSDT keep proving you wrong time and again

Feb 04, 2020, 22:13

Scotland is a second tier team that shows up occasionally. But Dave I’ve solved why  they gave Stampkar the MOM.....on the video they had Stamp as having made 72 meters....but on ESPN Stats they corrected that, it was 27 meters. Arse about face, just like Stamp when he meets Vunipola!

Feb 04, 2020, 22:37

No it was his all round performance culminating in the match saving turnover he effected at the end

I can’t recall when last Billy had a good game

Feb 05, 2020, 11:24

I can never understand you Moz when you get standout players like Stander and Pieter-Steph as to why you are intent to criticise them with negatives when there are so many positives.

A couple of years it was an anti- Lambie campaign and you and Organhuffer and Pakkie formed a triumviate against Pat's fans.

Cannot you just please explain objectively and give credit when it's due...unless we are all fools and you see yourself as the only expert...

Give credit when it's due...you don't have to be a fan of a player and are entitled to have your view but these are unquestionably good players, even outstanding at times.

There is a lot bias on this forum unfortunately you are not by far the only one.

There just seems that some people cannot give credit to anybody even though they deserve it.

Is a big tussle amongst posters to deliberately rile other posters. Is it part of the game plays people have on this forum...to blatantly be ridiculous and stir8-)

and ol Mike has his fair share of bias and it's always opposite to you...don't mention the hasbeens like Morne Steyn, Frans Steyn, Willem Alberts and Victor Matfield and many others.

I just find it strange that you group up on this forum that gangup on each other with the identical players...is that just coincidence...no sir I don't buy it.

It always ends in personal attacks and it's been I'm told over a decade or more and NEVER changes.

Others find it pathetic and rather sad whilst others see as part of the furniture and just heave a sigh,,,"Oh not again!"

Others are amused like Rooinek...2 doddery old toppies who have being going at it for 10 years...perhaps its even more...it seems like eternity,

Is it all going to end only when one of you go to the next world...not really funny and I certainly would miss either one but then it will be too late.:D

Very odd.

Well done Stander you had a great game for Ireland...definitely the standout player of the match.

"All players are equal but some are more equal than others."

Feb 05, 2020, 17:57

Not doddery at all my swing speed is still above 105 mph. Stamp and Dud are hyped way beyond their contributions....when does Dud win a ball on the ground? When does Stamp break a tackle. Hardly ever in both cases.

Perfectly ordinary contributions are praised to the heavens....they are media darlings. I’m simply factual.

For example this last weekend Houwing gave Dud the gold....but Coetzee was the real gold and the numbers prove it. I speak up for the other guys.

Feb 05, 2020, 19:00

Mozart regards himself as the top rugby analyst in the world,   He would search every match minutely and for hours on end to find a "mistake" made by a player and if he could not find one he would just invent one.  This pet hate story of his  started years ago when the players concerned threatened the candidacy \for selection of his heroes.

This is nothing new.   When De Kock replaced Graeme Smith in 2013 the attacks on De Kock started and it has been going on ever since,  

When anybody say anything positive about certain players he always claimed it is "hype" - so we must get to accept that we have here a character with a total superiority complex, who thrive on distortion.             

Feb 05, 2020, 20:05

Since when is it the role of the blindside to compete on the ground?

PSDT does not effect turnovers for its not his role - pretty obvious

Feb 05, 2020, 20:28

"Not doddery at all my swing speed is still above 105 mph."

Hmmm . . . is that a tyre swing or a chain swing . . . and is someone pushing you?

Feb 05, 2020, 21:00

"PSDT does not effect turnovers for its not his role - pretty obvious"

But he actually does make crucial turnovers too...and even the odd intercept. He plays with a lot of heart and goes from strength...should be the Stormers captain too...take the pressure off Kolisi during normal season. Hammering on his few minor weaknesses is daft...IMO, but I have my pet hates too, so ...

Feb 05, 2020, 21:10

There is no perfect player and what I admire most about PSDT is that he is a lock who has made a huge fist of converting to flank.

He has done such a good job that even I am now happy to see him play 7 instead of lock

Would I play him at 7, probably not as I think Jacques du Plessis and the du Preez twins are better athletes and one of them would be my 7 with PSDT partnering Eben at lock.

But given his performances at 7, I’d be tempted to stick with him there that way being able to include Lood or RG Snyman to partner Eben.

Apart from the obvious energy and physicality he brings to the role, he has shown some really good touches

PSDT is a class act

Feb 05, 2020, 21:13

I don’t have any pet hates.....I’m sure Dud is a delightful young fellow. He’s just not the dominant force the media believes.

Feb 05, 2020, 21:16

...also not the "dud" you make him out to be...the truth is somewhere in between. 

Feb 05, 2020, 21:27

Not really.....I accept the fact that he is finally a test level player. He would probably make teams like Scotland and Australia. But is he better than Snyman as a lock? Is he really fulfilling the role of a blindsider? Or is he playing a hybrid/rover role that worked uniquely in the Bok’s current system?

If Dud was playing flank for Ireland in the RWC he wouldn’t have made an iota of difference. A rising tide lifts all boats and the rising Springbok tide lifted DudToit and Dud Allende.

Feb 05, 2020, 22:30

He is the best blindside playing test rugby by some distance when you consider who is playing blindside for the likes of NZ, England, Ireland, Oz, France and Wales

So saying he would maybe make the Oz or Scottish side is laughable

I’d say he is a better lock than RG as he is more consistent.

He is certainly a better 5 than any other test 5’s out there, his only real challenger is Ryan from Ireland.

Give me PSDT at lock over any Welsh, English, French, Scottish or Oz locks and he is better than Whitelock of NZ

Feb 05, 2020, 22:54

Snyman way better in the lineouts, faster, a better offloader, stronger...Dud perhaps more reliable in process tackling and he’s pretty good at the pick and go. Snyman has a much higher potential.

Feb 05, 2020, 23:12

Snyman is a huge talent - agreed re line outs and offload.

Can’t tell re speed and I’d say par in strength

Feb 06, 2020, 09:56

"Or is he playing a hybrid/rover role that worked uniquely in the Bok’s current system?"

That's what I've been saying for a while now. PSDT, Kolisi, DdA and even Willie are not classical players for their positions. All of them perform in some hybrid roles...and it's working... for now atleast...

Feb 06, 2020, 11:40

Du Toit is faster than Snyman. 

Personally I have not seen to much to rave about re Stander. 

Feb 06, 2020, 13:38

Beenkop how the fuck do you know that PSDT is faster than RG

Stop sucking crap out of your thumb

You clearly did not watch the Ireland game this weekend did you

Ignorant twit

Feb 06, 2020, 17:15

Neither RG nor PSDT plays for Ireland. :P:angel::D...CJ does.;)

You need to Log in to reply.