Corona

Forum » Rugby » Corona

Jun 07, 2020, 12:06

Howdy bitches! I figured since there were basically no rugby related posts in this section, i'd post another. Beenos Trumpet, is just a Trump love/hate orgy that I am sure half the posters here ignore anyway.

Back to my point, what are the board opinions on 1. Weather or not Covid 19 is a serious illness, and 2. You opinions on the lockdown regulations and their effectiveness? 

As some may know I recently moved to Ireland, and here they are accelerating their plans to relax restrictions, because both the number of infections and the number of deaths are dropping faster than anticipated. I see its the other way around in SA, cases and deaths are accelerating, also, I get the feeling that we aren't seeing a true reflection of the virus's spread because they aren't testing anywhere near enough people, and are probably lying about the true stats.   

Your thoughts.

Jun 07, 2020, 14:48

Blue, IMO it's a serious enoug disease, but politicians are milking it a bit...as for the preventative measures...in the long run  total lockdown does more harm than good. 

In the end, this is a flu-like disease and we have to manage it as well as we possibly can, without trampling people's rights or destroying the economy.

It's definitely not the Zombie Apocalypse some are trying to paint it as.

Jun 07, 2020, 16:40

There is plenty of material on this subject on the Trumpet. I posted the latest data there yesterday....no point in opening subjects here that have strings on the Trumpet, where they should be by Board consensus.

Jun 07, 2020, 17:15

The lockdown in SA was particularly hard on people and the poor paid a bitter price for it,   After banning he sale of liquor and cigarettes a black market trade erupted when the crooks made an estimated R2 billion rand over a period of two months.  Some of the crooks in the ANC share in that profit,   

The fact is that most countries missed the plot totally,   There are indications that the virus becomes a serious problem  for people over 70 who suffers from other serious health problems already - even people with similar problems of people younger than 70.. are really under threat,  

Some disasters were more serious than others - for example Governors in the US decided to send affected virus carriers to nursing homes where the already feeble are cared for - 39% of all deaths  in the given states were nursing home residents who died like flies,

I believe that the approach was wrong,   Put measures in place that protect the vulnerable category of people - but a lock down is out since it ruined the economy and will cause more deaths through starvation and  other problems related to economic destruction.

Too much politics and self-interest spoil the broth in this case.     .             

Jun 07, 2020, 17:16

Yes sir! Yes indeed sir! Right away sir! 

"no point in opening subjects here that have strings."

Bwahahahahahaha! Breath. Bahahahahahaha! Says the man that polutes 90% of rugby threads, regardless of their subject, with exactly the same arguments! You really can't make this shit up. Moz, you used to be good at this! 

Jun 07, 2020, 17:16

Mike, my doctor thinks I caught Covid, though I was never officially tested and therefore it was not confirmed. All communications with the doc were telephonic.  Anyway, I got quite sick, and landed up with Bronchitis. I don't drink, and have never smoked, and I generally take care of myself, and it still nailed me pretty bad. My experience is that if it made me that sick, it can be pretty serious for older or unhealthy folks. 

At the end of the day, no matter what, everyone is responsible for themselves. You cannot catch it if you take proper care not to. You don't need a government to do that for you. 

Jun 07, 2020, 17:44

‘Polutes’ (sic)... well maybe so....but at least I pollute in the right section. And when I was ‘good at this’....whatever ‘this’ is...  I knew you better get the spelling of your punch line right.

Just put this in Trumpet where it belongs, there’s a good Bool.

Jun 07, 2020, 17:59

I think you made three mistakes bluebok.

1. Posting in the wrong section.

2. Not drinking.

3. Moving to Ireland.

You must be the only sober guy walking around.

But pleased to hear that you are getting back to good health.

Stay safe and goodluck.

Jun 07, 2020, 18:04

"Moz, you used to be good at this! "

Really? When?

Jun 07, 2020, 18:38

Ah my doormat arrives! In any case Bloo I echo Arthur’s sentiments. I’m glad you made it. A 52 year old greenskeeper at my club, who looked very healthy, sadly died.

Jun 07, 2020, 19:11

Moz. My spelling is terrible! If you're going to go through my posts pointing out my spelling mistakes, you're going to be a busy man!

AJH and Moz, cheers for the kind words. It actually kept me man down for nearly two months. I wasn't at death's door at any point, but I did become very aware of how valuable just being healthy was. While everyone else was bitching about not being able to drink, smoke and go to work, I just wanted to go outside for a walk. 

Jun 08, 2020, 09:22

I dunno ... how does suffocating to death sound to you?

To me it sounds like an awful way to go.

I certainly wouldn't want to die that way ... so yes ... I think this is serious enough and deserves the respect it's insisting upon.

Jul 05, 2020, 08:46

This year is a total disaster hope this camchat pandemic turns better in next months

Jul 05, 2020, 12:55

Haha AJ.

I had a lekker chuckle at your list of mistakes.

Jul 05, 2020, 12:59

I think it's a flu that will cause less damage once we figure out exactly why it's affecting the body the way it is. 

In the end, it'll probably be a simple medication that does the trick in terms of making it as or less deadly than annual flu.

Jul 05, 2020, 17:08

The evolution of Corona does not appear to be like the annual flue that requires a unique vaccine. 

Due to its "hoped" low rate of evolution- one jab should be enough for years.
If everyone took it, it would be forever. 

There will be lots of vaccines, it is just if the first ones are the best.
Naturally, there will be safety concerns - and the first available vaccine might not necessarily be the best one- or the original ones released could also be upgraded over time from learnings from other vaccine approaches. 

Jul 05, 2020, 22:08

France trained 10 dogs to recognize the Corona virus in human sweat. Eight of the dogs had a 95% success ratio.....two had 100% success. That’s way higher than medical tests.

Could this be the breakthrough we need, a pack of dogs sniffing players during water breaks .

Note the subtle introduction of rugby content.

Jul 06, 2020, 06:30

“ My experience is that if it made me that sick, it can be pretty serious for older or unhealthy folks. 

Glad you pulled through Blue. If I got it, I would have been a gonner. One hundred percent guaranteed. And the same goes for most other flus. People seem to think that  the flu is nothing but something slightly worse than the common cold. Influenza is a seriously dangerous illness, which is why there are so many influenza deaths. More than the coronavirus. 

Jul 06, 2020, 13:41

If you are a gullible sponge suckling up propaganda you will never have a clue about the Wuhan Virus. 

On Beeno's esteemed Trumpet I posted that Prof John Ioannidis of Standford University (he is a biomedical Statician) has calculated if you are 75% or under your chances of dying from the Wuhan Virus is 0.04%. Just less than half the flue death rate of 0.1%.

The CDC rate for all ages is 0.6%. Now take out the people over 75, take out the 25% over statement of deaths as per Dr Birx and take out deaths caused by 4 genocidal demonrat governors and the death rate plummets.

Mike is spot on. Protect the old and those with comorbidities. The rest go back to work. Again Mike is 100% correct in saying the fallout on health and the economy is by FAR the bigger danger.

Right now the marxist/globalist media is mouthing off about a spike in infection rates in the USA.

Being the pathological liars they are they do not mention that the USA have now tested over 40 million people. Even mentally challenged nutjobs like Redrooi and redshark should know this ramping up of tests will lead to a greater number of infections being identified.

The deceiving marxist/globalist media do not mention that the death rate in the USA has dropped to levels last seen in March and the trend line is heading south. Go to Worldometer and see the USA death rate charts etc yourself. 

They don't mention that those being infection are young people going pubs etc. Neither do they mention the death rate for people under 45 is almost zero - see article in The Gateway Pundit.

They try to claim hospitals are full. They do not mention that hospitals in Texas are coping with a large number of cases in respect of people unable unto now to get to hospital because of the Wuhan Virus. 

Neither do they talk about a major study regarding hydroxychloroquine showing that for those admitted to hospital the death rate dropped by 50%.

Please note if the hydroxychloroquine cocktail is administered soon after infection the death rate further plummets.

The hydroxychloroquine cocktail costs $120. Remdesivir costs $3,100 dollars and has far less success. Dr Fauci punts for Remdrsivir. 

It is now becoming know that:

Masks cannot stop the minute Wuhan Virus

Social distancing needs to be 30 foot

That the virus lasts less than a minute on surfaces in direct sunlight. 

While the virus is real and a danger to the very old and those with comorbidities it is very clear it has been way overhyped and is the biggest sickest hoax ever in so far as the damage it has caused There are massive political agenda's at play.

Those who have tried to set the record straight have been silenced and deplatformed. Events now have proved them right and the marxisy/globalist media WRONG.

Even now demonrat governors are battling to keep their states locked down regardless of the damage they are doing.

Here is my prediction. Trump is heading for a landslide win, bigger than 2016.

The entry of Kanye West into the presidential race is further going to further  sink demonrats. 

Jul 06, 2020, 15:32

Jul 06, 2020, 16:06

I wouldn’t put it past them! Martyrs against Trump, I know a few people who might volunteer.

Jul 06, 2020, 17:02

If only they would, but SJW Libs only fight from a point of safety. Like Not-Mozart's battles with the real Mozart, behind a keyboard. :D

Jul 07, 2020, 10:40

My word you think that rooidumass can't get any more stupid but he plums new depth. 

Listen you profoundly stupid halfwit Wuhan Virus deaths are way down in the USA.  

Go to Worldometer and see the graph you bumbling moron. 

Lowest number of deaths since around 12 March. 

The average age of infections is down to the thirties. These younger people are virtually bullet proof. The death rate for 45 and under is almost zero. 

Jul 07, 2020, 10:50

I see the CDC death rate is calculated at

0.26%.

Now take into account the over count of Wuhan Virus deaths, the deaths due to genocidal demonrat Governors, and the blocking of the hydroxychloroquine cocktail that the Ford Institute found halved the death rate in hospitalized cases and what would the death rate then be?

In Italy over 90% of deaths were people 80 years and over with comorbidities if memory serves me.

No wonder Prof John Ioannidis calculated the Wuhan Virus death rate for under 75s at 0.04 less than half the death rate of flu (0.1%)

If you drop this to the working age group of under 65 what would the figure be 0.01?one tenth of the flu death rate.

The Wuhan Virus is the biggest hoax in world history. It's consequences have been way, way over stated. 

Jul 07, 2020, 11:06

"The death rate for 45 and under is almost zero"

Beeno

As at the 25th June..... which was already 2 weeks ago......18.5% of all South African deaths were people aged 30 - 49

The total deaths for people under 49...... is just over 20% of the total deaths in South Africa

I don't care what the world stats are..... the stats mean a little bit more to me, when they are closer to home

Jul 07, 2020, 11:11

It's difficult to get comprehensive stats for South Africa, but from what I could find, South Africa has much higher death percentages in the younger categories than the rest of the world, bur our recovery rate is also significantly better.

Jul 07, 2020, 11:55

Very true Draad….. my point exactly

Precisely the reason why nobody should be listening to Beeno……. because what exactly is the point of making these very bold statements that he has been doing about the world's Covid-19 stats, and not wearing masks...... to his fellow posters in South Africa...…. when the stats in our very own country..... are so far different, and far more deadlier for a specific age group….. than the rest of the world.

Stupid

Jul 07, 2020, 12:15

I don't have a problem with wearing a mask in public places for short intervals, but I do feel very sorry for people who must wear masks the whole day. It is definitely not healthy....I am quite concerned for my kids going back to school. Masks are compulsory....I would have preferred visors or something.

Jul 07, 2020, 14:09

"but I do feel very sorry for people who must wear masks the whole day. It is definitely not healthy"

Fully agree with you.... I absolutely hate the things...… but I still wear them, all the time

Beeno is running away from what he is posting all over this forum, because he also realises that he is looking incredibly stupid

In the times we are facing right now, you would be absolutely and completely stupid...….. if you thought that you and your family will be perfectly fine..... walking around in public places...… all over the country...…..not wearing masks...... and expecting nobody else to wear masks either.... and wait for it...…. and also expect absolutely nothing at all to happen to any of your family members

I will openly call anyone completely stupid, for believing this..... because it is way beyond stupid...… and here we have Beeno telling everyone on this forum NOT to wear any masks...…

I'm postive he is at home telling his kids and friends the exact same thing...…sure

No bloody wonder he won't answer my very simple question

Jul 07, 2020, 18:15

I think and suspect we all going to get this. My wife Elena got it in Moscow when she took her dad to hospital...he had a minor stroke. He died a week later...elevated pneumonia.

Elena told me she had "flu" but not Covid 19,,,symptoms are painful...I nearly lost the love of my life...what a woman...spared me the truth when I was helpless and could not do anything.

Praise God she is fully recovered and can come home as soon as airports in Moscow2, Dubai and Durban allow.

I have been a bit "shell-shocked" (delayed reaction) but give all glory and thanks to God for sparing her...I could not or would not want to live on without her. I love her too much.

Jul 07, 2020, 21:35

The death rates compared to expected deaths spiked because of Covid but are pretty much back to normal now....Covid’s peak in Europe looks like the Combination of the 2017/18 and 19 flu’s. But that was with no idea how to treat it and no immunity.

Next year it may indeed be just like another flu if it doesn’t mutate.

Jul 09, 2020, 14:36

My word we have some dumbasses around here. 

DA in South Africa  very little testing is going on compared to the USA where testing has reached the 40 million mark. 

I use USA data because the testing has been so widespread and extrapolation are therefore much better. 

School age children have 7 times the chance of dying from flu that from the Wuhan Virus. 

A surgical mask stops particles larger than 3 micron. The Wuhan virus is 1 micron. Cloth masks are TOTALLY useless. 

While there may be slight differences between populations re deaths per age group your figures are complete nonsense.. 

DA please try to come to grips with the science oak. Chances are you could if you were not so lazy. 

Ditto Draad! 

Poor old rooitwit will never understand all this. This is all way beyond pissmints pay grade. 

Hahahahaha!!! 

You need to Log in to reply.