Currie Cup final

Forum » Rugby » Currie Cup final

Jan 30, 2021, 02:44

This is a fucking rugby site and we have the CC final later today and not a single mention of this game on here

And you call yourselves rugby people - fuck you lot

Jan 30, 2021, 09:18

Reading the recent comments on this forum, most posters here treat the CC as a bit of a joke. 

Me, I'm old enough to remember the dark years when we had no international rugby and the CC is all that kept us going so I will always give the world's oldest domestic competition the respect it deserves and I'll be pulling for my Sharks to cause an upset today.

I don't think the ball went through the hands to the Sharks wingers even once in the semi against our bunnies (aka WP) but if the Sharks can get the likes of Nkosi, Fassi and Penxe more involved then they'll have a chance of winning. If the weather in Pretoria is anything like it is in Jo'burg this morning then that is unlikely because it's going to be a wet day and a tighter kicking game which definitely suits the Bulls. I'm still hopeful though.

Come on Sharks!

Jan 30, 2021, 12:29

Well Rooi any idiots on here who treat the CC as a joke are a bunch of ignorant twits

Most of our players might be plying their trades overseas but what that does is give opportunities to loads of the U21 stars, our future

I much prefer the Sharks side on paper so will be rooting for them. It’s a side full of youthful talent making the CC the great comp it is

Jan 30, 2021, 13:22

Yes indeed A Currie Final is indeed always an exciting contest in the calender of SA rugby.

I could not help thinking of the final way back cannot remember the exact date or year when Natal as  complete  underdogs faced extreme odds won their first Currie Cup  against Northern Transvaal at Loftus. Lets just remember that and Naas Botha's sour grapes remark that it will take another 100 years before Natal will win again. Empty words as it soon proved in later years.

All Jake Whites word games and Vermeulens chide remarks do make sense in the logic of mental approach to set the way to the run of the mill acceptance on the Bulls strength and to set the challenge to the way they want to take the game to the Sharks.

I think The Sharks attitude should be...to hell with them ...we will play our own game to OUR strengths...yes it's true the conditions do suit a tight game and arm wrestle but so what lets take a calculated risk and not play their game...we will play our own.

Sharks must not take heed to these remarks. 

"White added that the Final, like all finals, will be a physical and even brutal affair.

“The Bulls are a driven and proud team,” he said, adding: “It is a Final and the reality is and I have been in enough finals to know how it works.”

uzz.” Bulls captain Duane Vermeulen – during the team’s last meeting, back in December – produced one of the best on-field chirps in the face of some overzealous refereeing.

He asked Sharks counterpart Lukhanyo Am: “Should we rather play touch rugby?”

This followed after a player from each side was yellow-carded for big hits.

White suggested the teams are unlikely to tone down their physicality.

“When he [Vermeulen] made that comment, what he said was let’s play it properly, let’s make it tough enough,” the Bulls Director of Rugby said.

“Whoever gives it, must be able to take it. It is part of his [Vermeulen’s] mantra. That is what people respect about him. That is what is so nice about him as a captain and coaching the Bulls.

“It is going to the tough, but there is a buzz."

Do it your way Sharks and use your backline and take them by surprise...that requires strong-mindedness and absolute confidence in your teams ability...tell White and Vermeulen , go to hell!...we are going to do it OUR WAY, you are not going to get it your way...we dictate our terms and will not cowtail to conventional run of the mill rugby "noob" thought patterns.

Jan 30, 2021, 14:30

Weather Pretoria

Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa Hourly Weather | AccuWeather

Jan 30, 2021, 15:06

I'd be shocked if the Bulls don't take this by at least 10 points.

Jan 30, 2021, 16:09

Lightning is always an issue in these parts at this unusual time for rugby...a real kill joy in rugby unlike cricket which has time on it's side. I don't see it abating sadly. The report says it will intermittent and ongoing:'(

Jan 30, 2021, 17:37

So they share the Cup, just like in 2006 with Cheetahs. Sharks should have won it comfortably if Bosch was not totally off form.

Jan 30, 2021, 18:03

Congrats Bulls...what a match...much better than last week's afairs. 

My feed got offed...who got MOM?

Jan 30, 2021, 19:08

I was bitching about the ref as early as the second minute when he gave a non-existent knock on to the Bulls. Later on he gave the most pathetic penalty I've ever seen for "pushing" by Penxe and then he penalised a perfectly legitimate throw for baulking when the Sharks were in a try-scoring position..

It was a very good comeback from the Bulls but I can't help feeling robbed. Hard luck Sharks.

Jan 30, 2021, 19:19

Haha!!! But, but the ref...!

Jan 30, 2021, 20:14

Was a hard fought affair could have gone either way

Jan 30, 2021, 22:40

Sean Everitt has proven he is a good coach. Pushing the Jake White Bulls to extra time in the final, as well as leading SuperRugby before Covid in 2020. 

The Sharks played a more expansive game in SuperRugby, but the pack has gotten a might more mongrel now. 

Seeing a new coach come through the system is good. WP are stuck with a plodder. 

Jan 31, 2021, 01:29

So Jake White snot klaps the guppies. Poor old Peeper..never has one poster been so wrong so often.

Guppies!!!!!!!

Jan 31, 2021, 01:37

Sounds like I didn’t miss much ! 

Jan 31, 2021, 17:35

". . . never has one poster been so wrong so often."

Wrong about what, you drunken old fool?

Wrong about the Sharks having a chance of winning if they used their outside backs? Wrong about the Bulls having the advantage if it rains?

Come on, speak up Moffie, what did I say that was "wrong" on this thread. Be specific and don't be a gutless coward again.

Poor old Moffie . . . so consumed with spite and vitriol after all the times I've smacked him around this board but not equipped with the wit or intelligence to do anything about it other than lie and whine like a little bitch.

LMAO!

Jan 31, 2021, 17:55

Wrong about Jake White you stupid grunt. You can’t even figure that out?  As for you winning any spat we have had....dream on. But  you know, I could  care less......waaaaaaaahahahaha!

Guppies!

Jan 31, 2021, 17:56

Whinge, winge, I'm not a ref basher, but we were robbed, whinge, whinge...LMAO...irony serves the best mirth!

Jan 31, 2021, 18:18

Where did I say anything about Jake White, chump?

I said be specific. A simple copy and paste will do.

Jan 31, 2021, 18:31

You have been a huge critic of White from the moment he didn’t select your embarrassing favorite Luke Watson......crawl back into your bottle Lush.

Jan 31, 2021, 18:35

I knew it . . . too gutless and cowardly (or just plain deceitful) to actually put anything up to substantiate his claims.

I don't think I've even mentioned Jake White on this board for a few years now . . . so quite what I said that was "wrong" about him is anyone's guess. Let's see if Moffie can set the record straight. Most likely he'll carry on squealing and blubbering without actually providing any evidence. That is his style after all.

Jan 31, 2021, 18:43

You asked for it:

May 11, 2017, 17:08

Nick Mallett first.

Then daylight.

Then Johan Ackerman second.

Then daylight.

Then more daylight.

Then even more daylight.

Then lots more daylight.

Then Rassie Erasmus, Franco Smith, Joke White, Heynecke Meyer etc.

Then daylight.

Then Allister Coetzee.

Problem is Mallett would never take the job even if it was offered to him. He knows better than most that it's a poisoned chalice.

May 12, 2017, 10:53

"Didn't they get to the first round of the play-offs Rooi?"

I assume we're talking the 2014 Super Rugby tournament in which case yes they did and they beat the Highlanders in that match but got a bit of a klap in the semi against the Crusaders.

Not sure which final Klown is referring to.

My problem with Joke White is the negative and conservative style of rugby his team's invariably play. I remember that year saying words to the effect that I'd rather lose playing proper Sharks rugby than win playing Jakeball.

Jan 31, 2021, 18:46

Now you can crawl into your bottle .......schplotttttttttttttt!

Jan 31, 2021, 19:01

Uh-oh, sounds like the petulant child has had one too many pink gins again . . . but quite apart from the fact that the drunken old fop had to go back 4 years to find "examples", what was wrong with anything I said? 

Do you know better than me how I rank the coaches, huh egg-face? Do you think Joke White doesn't play a negative and conservative brand of rugby?

Don't get up, fool, rather go get someone to help you wipe all that egg off your fat face,

LMAO!

Jan 31, 2021, 19:29

Oh dear poor Can’t Care Less is so anxious he can’t decide whether it’s egg on the face or the boxing image I taught him. Stop lying Lush, everybody who has posted on this Board knows you were White’s biggest critic for years. 

Guppies!

You need to Log in to reply.