Curry Cup Results question the Standard of SuperRugby in 2019

Forum » Rugby » Curry Cup Results question the Standard of SuperRugby in 2019

Aug 31, 2019, 18:55

The Cheetas and Lions are in the final, with the Cheetas home favourites to win.

- Are the Cheetas Curry Cup squad better than the Pro14 Squad? How many players played in both tournaments? The Cheetas Pro14 team form is average at best, and poor on average. Many of the Northern Hemisphere teams play their fringe/b-team players in many of the games.

- Are the South American Pumas better than the Jaguars? The Jaguars made the Super Rugby final, but their test team is a joke in bad taste. 

- The Stormers/WP could not even make the semi's of the Curry Cup.  Griquas were ahead of them...

- The Lions and Sharks had a decent amount of players that played in SuperRugby and the Curry Cup. 

Aug 31, 2019, 20:14

...Sharkbok the Cheetahs have a candidate that would rival any current Bok winger .. he scored the most tries in the whole of the Pro 14 competition...i won't mention his name just incase those parasitic WP leeches read this and poach him like they did with other valuable Cheetah players...

Aug 31, 2019, 22:05

Brycy my halfeiitrd friend AL you have proved is you don't know the difference between the Mighty WP and the hapless sharks. 

Aug 31, 2019, 22:23

...Bean Brain sorry to hear yr limp wristed WP mong team sucked so badly this year...better luck next year...

Sep 02, 2019, 00:16

Um Shark I’m sure you must realise that the Lions, WP, Sharks and Bulls are effectively playing their B sides in the CC as either their first choice players are with the Boks, while the rest have taken up overseas contracts

Sep 02, 2019, 04:15

A decent amount of Boks players were selected from existing players from overseas, and the SuperXV teams should have squads large enough to beat the Griquas. 

Argentina has been good over the last 2 seasons of SuperRugby, but their test team is average.

Sep 02, 2019, 14:20

Nope the B sides of WP, Lions, Sharks and Bulls are similar strengths to the Griquas side and therefore it’s no surprise at all to see the results in the CC

Having watched the CC this year I’ve been impressed with both Griquas and the Pumas. Both sides have some decent players on board.

You need to Log in to reply.