Dawie de Villiers passed away after battle with cancer

Forum » Rugby » Dawie de Villiers passed away after battle with cancer

Apr 25, 2022, 01:13

He was a very good player and captain of the Springboks - much honored in rugby in South Africa and worldwide . May he rest in peace  and my thanks to him for his contribution to rugby and my sympathy goes out  to his family and friends.       

Apr 25, 2022, 04:55

I remember Dawie when he first appeared for Stellenbosch…he was electric, a Du Pont like creative player. Dawie and HO were stellar players. 

Apr 25, 2022, 11:38

wow ... the bad news keep on pouring in. A few days ago it was P3 saying goodbye and now its dominie Dawie. May they all RIP.

Apr 25, 2022, 17:22

Dawie was a good solid man, believing Christian, excellent example of a leader and phenomenal scrumhalf during a period of really inspiring rugby.

Dawie I'm sure is not only resting in peace but with the God he always believed. Such quality in men is getting rarer.

Remember him as a little schoolboy, when my dad took me to Newlands. A real hero.

Apr 25, 2022, 18:12

Dawie was as far as I can remember one of the very last diving scrumhalves (similar to Doc. Craven) and he was the captain of the Springboks who asked Joggie Jansen "to take care" of Wayne Cottrell during an All Black test at Loftus Versveld (I think it was 1970).

Apr 25, 2022, 23:42

RIP Dawie.

You need to Log in to reply.