de Allende and RG sign for Munster

Forum » Rugby » de Allende and RG sign for Munster

Nov 04, 2019, 21:08

Which players are actually staying in SA?

Nov 04, 2019, 21:18

Eben to Toulon I think.

Nov 04, 2019, 21:26

Schalk Brits has been signed by a geriatric pension home.

Nov 04, 2019, 21:36

Vodacom Bulls players out:

Handré Pollard (Montpellier, France) Jesse Kriel (Canon Eagles, Japan) Lood de Jager (Sale Sharks, England) RG Snyman (Honda Heat, Japan) Jason Jenkins (Canon Eagles, Japan) Hanro Liebenberg (Leicester Tigers, England) Eli Snyman (Treviso, Italy) Hendré Stassen (Stade Français, France)

Cheetahs coaches/players out:

Franco Smith (Italy)

Kings players out:

Michael Willemse (Edinburgh, Scotland)

Lions players out:

Stephan Lewies (Harlequins, England)

Sharks players out:

Rob du Preez (Sale Sharks, England) *Jean Luc du Preez (Sale Sharks, England) *Dan du Preez (Sale Sharks, England) Akker van der Merwe (Sale Sharks, England) Coenie Oosthuizen (Sale Sharks, England) Ruan Botha (London Irish, England)

Stormers players out:

Eben Etzebeth (Toulon, France) SP Marais (Canon Eagles, Japan)

Add de Allende

Am sure Kitshoff is going

Nov 04, 2019, 22:21

Travis Ismael at Harlequins already.

Nov 04, 2019, 22:57

Pity about RG.

Nov 04, 2019, 23:21

I think there are many others to add to that list

Our Super Rugby sides will be a mess

All 5 of the Bulls squad locks have gone along with Liebenberg their handy blindside

Nov 05, 2019, 00:28

Given that most of the SA players leave to play in Europe, the answer is to reduce the number of teams in SuperRugby. 

This is assuming that 

1. There is more money in Pro14 etc- or maybe also future comp that includes France and England

2. The players can be paid more money if in Pro14, or an alternative

3. There is some type of agreement between teams about signing players to prevent the Northern Hemisphere teams poaching all the best SA players, and leaving the unwanted geriatrics for SA teams. 

Nov 05, 2019, 09:38

Dave

What happened to the Stassen drug issue?

Nov 05, 2019, 12:54

Not sure Mike also not heard anymore on the Dyanti drug bust - what has happened to him?

Nov 05, 2019, 12:59

Aphiwe Dyantyi has been given a 4 year ban. Forget him.

Nov 05, 2019, 12:59

His second test was positive too - so he may be out for at least 2 years,   have not heard anything about what was decided upon.

Nov 05, 2019, 13:41

Ah ok Rooi so the 4 years is confirmed.

Silly boy - big loss

Nov 05, 2019, 13:53

Last I heard about Dyanti is he was going to appeal. However, this has been sidetracked.

Nov 05, 2019, 14:01

We know he faces up to four years. He'll likely receive that duration, but there has been no confirmation on that sentencing. Funny enough, I was looking this up when I was going to start a thread on our wings. Tragic. He was, alongside Mapimpi, far and away our best wing in super rugby. Four years is a death sentence. In the fast paced NFL, even the revered Mike Vick never was able to overcome a two year ban. He has only himself to blame. 

Nov 05, 2019, 15:04

Nkosi is better than Mapimpi

Nov 05, 2019, 15:11

Mapimpi vastly out-produced Nkosi, and is our most productive wing under Rassie. Nkosi has improved, but he can still be caught out on defence. He has been patchy under the high-ball, and can be slow to read play on defence. Mapimpi is our most complete wing. A super rugby level, Mapimpi blew Nkosi away. Only Dyantyi could rival him. 

You need to Log in to reply.