Dominating Tackles....separating the myth from the man

Forum » Rugby » Dominating Tackles....separating the myth from the man

Aug 11, 2019, 14:58

Minute 1.05 Mostert stops Bargie dead in his tracks....ball is lost backwards but recovered.

Minute 1.10 Mostert has gotten up and made the next tackle out wide on the Bargie 13 in space, brings him down cleanly.

Minute 1.23 Stephanie shoots out of line opening a huge gap for Sanchez, he runs through the space Stephanie vacated, outside his marker Mostert, who makes a diving tackle attempt but misses....Stephanie gets back to the next breakdown and fails to slow up the ball at his feet.....Bargie try.

Minute 7.03 Mostert in joint tackle on Bargie....stopped dead.

Minute 7.06 Stephanie a bit late to prevent Sanchez pass.

Minute 9.41 Stephanie makes his first tackle and is carried back 2 metres.

Minute 10.5 Mostert and Stephanie combine with others to stop 2 phases effectively.

Minute 10.28 Stephanie tackles but is knocked backwards, good Bargie ball.

Minute 26.06 The Bargies finally have the ball Mostert a joint tackle, no forward movement.

Minute 26.12 Stephanie and Pollard joint tackle, Bargie driven back by Pollard who is in the stronger position.

Minute 26.28 Tackle by Mostert, driven back a metre.

Minute 26.48 Stephanie meets a stationary runner on the side of a ruck and pushes him back a metre.

Minute 28.26 Stephanie backs up Kolbe's kickoff tackle, gets pushed back.

Minute32.24 Mostert drives the Bargies towards touch in a joint tackle.

Minute 33.20 Bargie runner cuts inside Stephanie , who has left too wide a gap

Minute 36.06 After kick chase Stephanie meets Bargie high, who shakes him off and goes to ground.

And thus ends the first half. No evidence of dominating Steph or Mostert tackles. Two cases where the player was able to take the space Stephanie left on the inside.....one of which led to a try. The second half to be posted later.

Minute 40.10 Mostert man handles the Bargie receiver and puts him on the deck.

Minute 46.00 Stephanie stops the first runner off the ruck effectively in a goal line stand.

Minute 48.42 Mostert and Nyakane tackle, the runner makes a metre in the tackle.

Minute 48.53 Stephanie and Etzebeth stop de la Fuente who makes a metre in the tackle.

Minute 49.17 Mostert stops Alemanno dead.

Minute 59.19 Allende tries to tackle Kremer and Mostert tries to hold him up from the top, but he breaks Allende's tackle and Mostert falls off as he makes 5 metres.

Minute 59.30 ...In open field inside our 22 Stephanie badly dummied by del la Fuente, could have been dangerous ....but the cover gets him.

Minute 60.19....Kremer round the corner at pace, Mostert stops him dead.

Minute 60.33 ....Good line speed by Stephanie, Bargie drops the ball.

Minute 62.46 ...Boks high kick Mapimpi and Stephanie tackle the receiver.

Minute 62.55 Mostert and Malherbe stop a Bargie dead.

Minute 65.39 Stephanie tackles from behind, Bargie breaks free but goes to ground.

...........by the way Stephanie's pass to Kolbe for the try was way forward....back to the... er ...dominating tackles:

Minute 68.37 ..Stephanie grabs Bargie as he reverses off the ruck and he and Louw push him backwards for Louw to create another turnover.

Minute 73.40...Anonymous Bargie breaks Steph's process tackle

Minute 73.48 ..Stephanie makes a good ankle tackle.

Minute 74.26 ....Mostert makes another head on dead stop tackle

Minute 74.41 ....Mostert brings down Urdapilleta who is attacking the space outside him with an excellent low tackle.

Minute 79.40 Bargies break from a broken scrum, Stephanie gets back to make a good tackle.

So that's it. My conclusions are the same as last year. There is no difference in the quality of tackles......they both defend well but Mostert is a slightly more secure tackler......especially head on where Stephanie's lack of lateral mobility is a risk.

They are both lock/flanks, but oddly the smaller man Mostert is the better tight forward and lineout exponent. Which leaves us with Stephanie on the flank possessing no ground game and with some tackling vulnerabilities.

It's hard to believe this isn't going to cost us at some point.

Aug 11, 2019, 15:06

Mozart

Take some advice from me.  Idiot Speak is easy to overcome - just give an honest assessment of what really happened and you will be freed from it,   This kind of interpretation is where you become an Idiot Speaker.      

Aug 11, 2019, 15:06

Steph deserves a rest after an outstanding season. 

Wonder if Du Toit will get selected as an IRB player of the year contender. Huge engine and very rugged. 

Key player for Boks.

Send the mozcroscope off for much needed repairs. Faulty lense mechanism compromises effectiveness. 

Stick with Beeno and Rassie  on this issue! 

Aug 11, 2019, 15:14

Patience chaps....that's only the first half, perhaps your man will do better in the second half.

Aug 11, 2019, 15:15

No Mozart 

Your description is inaccurate and dishonest as well - if you give an honest account the Idiot Speak factor will vanish. 

Aug 11, 2019, 15:22

Every incident is faithfully reported....but feel free to comment on each specific, they are time stamped for your convenience.

Aug 11, 2019, 15:31

Mozart

I will watch out what happened and do an accurate description of each incident - your descriptions are never a real account of what happened in matches,   So I have very real reasons to distrust what you write.       

Aug 11, 2019, 16:25

Steph deserves a rest after a fine season? 1.7m per carry for slow treacle ball is back breaking labour? :D

Spent a good amount of time injured too. 

Aug 11, 2019, 16:59

Dominating runner....that would be Vunipola. Stephanie almost never breaks a tackle. That's one of the big issues....you get the immobility of a big man with Stephanie, but none of the power.

Aug 11, 2019, 17:00

Idiot Speakers and their distortions again.  I pleaded with you to behave youslef - but apparently I am getting nowhere,  

Aug 11, 2019, 17:07

Du Toit is a great mix of power and speed. Perfect no 7. Huhe work rate always amongst tackle count leaders and all over the park. Right there at the end as we see repeatedly. 

Show some respect for the great Du Toit. And of course the great Rassie. 

Good to see the two ous MO and AO getting a glimmer. 

Hahahahahaha. 

I did warn them! :D

Aug 11, 2019, 17:17

du Toit has the mobility of a rhino on rails. 

Aug 11, 2019, 17:20

Fuck you miss everything happening on the field of play so you keep using Idiot Speak. We are NOT idiots who believe your twisted garbage,.  

Aug 11, 2019, 17:21

Where was his mobility for the first Puma breakout for a try? 

Aug 11, 2019, 18:01

Where was his mobility when he was key to the Kolbe try idiot? 

Aug 11, 2019, 18:01

Where was his mobility when he was key to the Kolbe try idiot? 

Aug 11, 2019, 18:04

He didn't have do turn on a dime whilst waiting out wide, in space, for the ball. For the first Puma try, he as dead and buried. Like a snowplow caught in a ditch. :D

Aug 11, 2019, 18:30

Muck and Hasbeen avoiding the honestly reported facts like the plague.....like the real culprit for the first try.......Stephanie shooting out of line.

Aug 11, 2019, 19:07

No -impossible - you have never once given  an honest performance assessment on this site ever - hence my disbelieve in what you write,   I will have a look at  what really happened and then respond to you and correct your writing to what really happened. .

Aug 11, 2019, 19:07

Duplicate

Aug 11, 2019, 19:35

Yes Muck, we have heard that line before.....now back it up be telling me which if any of those time stamps is wrong.

Aug 11, 2019, 19:51

Muck takes the deep dive.

Aug 11, 2019, 20:29

No Mozart

I have printed your contribution and will comment on everyone of your statements,  I will do so objectively and if you are correct on any incident I will indicate as such.

However, knowing what you wrote in the past having been inaccurate and often downright falsehoods I expect it will be a long response.     

Aug 11, 2019, 20:29

No Mozart

I have printed your contribution and will comment on everyone of your statements,  I will do so objectively and if you are correct on any incident I will indicate as such.

However, knowing what you wrote in the past having been inaccurate and often downright falsehoods I expect it will be a long response.     

Aug 11, 2019, 23:50

Read elsewhere that Mostert had a mighty match on  both defence & attack making 16 tackles. I like him, gives 100%.

https://www.supersport.com/rugby/springboks/news/190810_Emphatic_Boks_claim_Rugby_Championship_crown

Aug 12, 2019, 15:34

Was away yesterday so not had time to give the real version of events.

I’m not interested in the runs in space or open field tackles I’m looking at the players operating in traffic.

Not once did I see Mostert even come close to imposing himself physically both with ball in hand or in defence. It’s not possible for him to dominate in contact for he is scrawny and a light weight.

PSDT on the other hand definitely breached the advantage line carrying in traffic. Why because he is physically better equipped given the 8kg’s he has on Mostert

My take to follow soon

Aug 12, 2019, 15:51

Dave

I analyzed what Mozart rote in comparison what really happened.  There was not a single statement he made that was in any way related to what actually happened.  See what I wrote about the garbage elsewhere and see why I am correct and Mozart talking BS as per normal.  

I would like to see your comments on that new thread.    

Aug 12, 2019, 16:15

Poor old Muck begging for support.....by the way Stephanie's pass to Kolbe was way forward. The ball is ahead of Stephanie when it's travelled 3 feet out of his hands.

Aug 12, 2019, 17:22

No not necessary after showing up your BS as total - I suggest you either apoliogiize fr writing distortions or keep them to yourself.   It makes you look foolish.    

Aug 12, 2019, 18:11

Muck every response of your's is a flat out lie...but that's nothing new.

I say:

Minute 1.05 Mostert stops Bargie dead in his tracks....ball is lost backwards but recovered.

You say:

Player went forward about a meter and passed the ball back while being tackled – attack continued

......now the truth, the Bargie goes straight down in the tackle and loses the ball. How do we know that? Because the commentator says 'loose ball at the breakdown'.

Your very first 'correction' was a lie and they are all lies. Which is not surprising because you are an habitual liar.

Aug 12, 2019, 18:58

I could splice the film, but I'd just be wasting my time. I know Moz is speaking truthfully, that Lügnerin lives up to her name. Nothing changes. 

Aug 13, 2019, 07:44

No Mozart

Both you and the atrocious nitwit AO have a solution for whenever  with lied whenever a player you support you lie and blame another player for the deficiency;   What you wrote about games is a string of totally malignant lies and misrepresentations nobody else saw in the game.  In other words  you invent and lie as much as you can imagine to glorify BS and malogn players you dislike  

The truth has no meaning for you two.   There has been along history where ever\on of your favourite players you support you blame others  for the idiocy and BS of players you and AO support,   Caught out for the umpteenth time an not once but in virtually everything you wrote,       

Aug 13, 2019, 07:44

No Mozart

Both you and the atrocious nitwit AO have a solution for whenever  - lied whenever a player you support bugger up and blame another player for the deficiency;   What you wrote about games is a string of totally malignant lies and misrepresentations nobody else saw in the game.  In other words  you invent and lie as much as you can imagine to glorify BS and malign players you dislike  

The truth has no meaning for you two.   There has been along history where everyone of your favourite players you support you blame others  for the idiocy and BS of players you and AO support,   Caught out for the umpteenth time an not once but in virtually everything you wrote,       

Aug 13, 2019, 12:16

You have never been able to disprove one word of anything I have ever written. Period. In fact, your efforts to do so have grown more and more ineffective. It's becoming a real bore. 

Aug 13, 2019, 12:22

The truth has no meaning for you two. 

Still waiting for that time stamp of Esterhuizen 3m from the Kerevi break. Week three, oh bastion of truth.

Aug 13, 2019, 12:25

No - I have found your writings twisted and totally based on misrepresentation and fairy tales - only you could come up with BS the way you did.   So what value were you on site - comical at best and very funny to read what you came up with through the years.  Your bias was self-destructive and nullified anything you have ever written,  LMAO 

Aug 13, 2019, 12:55

"So what value were you on site"

Imagine that. One minute his lamenting the absence of certain members, calling for unity and respect, the next he is telling someone they have no value and should leave the site. Unbelievable. 

Aug 13, 2019, 13:20

I never told you to leave.  What I would like to see another name change by you and to start making sensible contributions and not the prejudiced BS you come up with at present,  Sensible comments lead to sensible discussions.     

Aug 13, 2019, 13:45

"Sensible comments lead to sensible discussions."

Now, finally something I can agree with. :D

Aug 13, 2019, 15:56

Is the test on Saturday between the Springboks available on the internet?   After lying about what really happened at minute 1:23 and being caught out the umpteenth time, he challenged me about what happened at minute 33:20 - but the game has not been shown in full today.     

Aug 13, 2019, 15:56

Is the test on Saturday between the Springboks available on the internet?   After lying about what really happened at minute 1:23 and being caught out the umpteenth time, he challenged me about what happened at minute 33:20 - but the game has not been shown in full today.     

Aug 13, 2019, 15:57

https://www.sport-video.org.ua/

Aug 13, 2019, 16:05

Thanks AO - I found the site and the game - but cannot get it to play on my computer.    

Aug 13, 2019, 16:13

VLC that shizz: https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en-GB.html

Download the torrent with Deluge: https://deluge-torrent.org/

What you download there is the torrent. It's a P2P service. You open that torrent in Deluge. Then play the downloaded file in VLC for grorius praybacku desu yo! 

Aug 13, 2019, 16:24

At minute 1.23 Stephanie shoots out of line......it's there for everybody to see. And he does so several more times in the game......it seems to be a tendency, just like his well known proclivity to bite on dummies.

Amazing how your computer doesn't work when you don't want to find something.

Aug 13, 2019, 16:39

He did not shoot out of line at all he was more or less in line with the rest of the defenders    Shooting out of line is what Steyn did in the case of the Foley try - which was clearly obvious and you denied.

Fact is that Mostert missed an open field tackle on Sanchez - so you had to dream up a lie to blame Du Toit for that missed tackle of Mostert.   That is normal with you and very obvious in many cases where you tried to fool members with BS discoveries that nobody else saw in games.   There were three of those the past three weeks mentioned by you - so you are shooting yourself ion the foot all the time.     

Aug 13, 2019, 16:39

He did not shoot out of line at all he was more or less in line with the rest of the defenders    Shooting out of line is what Steyn did in the case of the Foley try - which was clearly obvious and you denied.

Fact is that Mostert missed an open field tackle on Sanchez - so you had to dream up a lie to blame Du Toit for that missed tackle of Mostert.   That is normal with you and very obvious in many cases where you tried to fool members with BS discoveries that nobody else saw in games.   There were three of those the past three weeks mentioned by you - so you are shooting yourself ion the foot all the time.     

Aug 13, 2019, 16:45

No he wasn't in line, which is why Sanchez could run behind his back......stop lying Muck. He messed up the defensive line, allowing a player to run laterally into space.

He totally ignored his inside defensive role. Aren't you ashamed of lying, especially to people who you know, know you are lying.

It's a sickness.

Aug 13, 2019, 16:58

No Mozart 

Stop BSting and accept Mostert missed the open-field tackle on Sanchez and stop misrepresenting what really happened.  

Don't be stupid - after the missed tackle by Mostert will be running behind the back of Du Toit before he turned around and give chase.

You also lied about what happened at the tackle later on.   So get your act together.    

Aug 13, 2019, 20:22

Poor old Muck.....I can see this is another Brown on Allende incident. You are just going to lie even though you know everybody knows you are lying.

Aug 13, 2019, 21:23

No Mozart

You wrote a whole saga to glorify Mostert and attack Du Toit,  However, in doing so you lied repeatedly as to what actually happened.  We have all seen this many times -  your favourites bugger up and then you manufacture reasons to blame another player for what happened.  

This past week you again tried to justify the bugger up Morne made in the  Perth test and blamed the defenders.   Vermeulen handed th ball over to the AB's - but he is not to blame for the Goodhue try - De Allende is.   Mostert missed a tackle on Sanchez - so blame Du Toit,   

This type of thing is actually comical - the way you find idiotic excuses for players who bugger up and blame other players for their deficiencies.  

Get straight and deal with rugby issues honestly and you may find you are respected on site,    

Aug 13, 2019, 21:36

The difference Muck is this:

1 I never denied Vermeulen dropped the ball, as you are denying Stephanie was out of the defensive line. I said he was culpable of losing the ball ......but our defence responded poorly, Allende included.

2 Same thing with Morne, he was culpable of missing touch with a penalty. He was not guilty of the poor defence thatfollowed.

The incidents are linked but one doesn't cause the other.

You on the other hand are the biggest liar on this Board.

Aug 13, 2019, 21:48

No - yet you blamed De Allende for the try being scored.   You immediately blame others for the bugger-ups made by your favourites - if that does not work out you lied to make it appear true.

You know that anything like what happened in the case of Vermeulen causes disorganized  defense and the original mistake cannot be separated from the end result.  It is totally illogical and blame should never be laid at the door of others, while the player who made the bugger up is exonerated 

If you are honest in your player performance assessments you would not need lies to get away from  a realistic assessment of player  performances.     

Aug 14, 2019, 09:17

Mozart

I had another look at the Sanchez break at minute 1:23.  Lets get it straight - there was no gap left by Du Toit,.  Sanchez ran straight at Mostert and he fouled up totally a tackle attempt on Sanchez,   Sanchez ran straight through the feeble tackle attempt of Mostert - so to blame Du Toit is total BS.   Mind you this is not he first time that happened as to Mostert,   Mostert missed 2 tackles like that n one of the AB tests last year as well.  Perhaps that is the reason the Lions used him at 7 twice last year in the request of Erasmus and then never repeated that one again.    Anyway - thanks for highlighting that poor tackle attempt by Mostert on site 

As to minute 33:20 another BS effort to discredit Du Toit. One of the Argetine players carried the ball and ran a line evading the forward going Du Toit,  There was zero wide gap created - doing what the Argentine player did cause him to run straight into Njakane and Etzebeth about two meters further,  That is all that happened and the wide gap you manufactured never existed, 

Time to stop blaming others for bugger-ups  by players you glorify.               

By the way the lineouts was a mess in the AB tests where Mostert took 2 line-outs and botched 1.   In the Argentine test Mostert was  cut out from jumping for balls in line-outs and he took NO line out balls in the test.   How do you account for that one?      

Aug 14, 2019, 12:02

Here is a presentation of the gap theory. For information purposes, make up your own minds.

In frame 3 I inserted "Steph" highlighted in red to indicate where he would have been had he held his position in the line. There is no gap for Sanchez to attack in that event. As it is Sanchez/Mostert is a back against tight forward situation with the back, once he has slipped behind Steph's back, having a lot of lateral space in which to let his pace do the job of beating the forward. Sanchez runs almost as wide as Vermeulen to beat the tackle.

Aug 14, 2019, 12:44

There was no way that Du Toit is responsible for the missed tackle by Mostert on Sanchez.   All that was shown up again is that Mostert is poor in making tackles on backline players and that is all there was to that one.   There were two similar cases in the one AB test last year.   

That may even be the reason why he was only used in two matches as a 7 - when Meyer asked the Lions to test him out in that position.  It may be different in the slow NH pitches - but is definitely a no-no in faster conditions.          

Aug 14, 2019, 13:05

There were a few times where Steph jumps the line and lets the Pumas get in behind us. It was a sorry sight watching the rest of our defenders scramble around to stem the tide. One weak link creates problems for the rest of the chain. Spies used to do this in 2006, particularly that Ireland game. Three tries conceded and we lost. Such a comparison for the "greatest Bok of all time".

Aug 14, 2019, 13:12

AO 

Don't  be the continuous Idiot Speaker on site,  Mozart lied about the incident at minute 1:23 to cover up for the poor tackle attempt of Mostert and the one at minute 33:20 was also totally misrepresented by him.   

Du Toit remains the top class player amongst the forwards and your BS will never negate that.   

Aug 14, 2019, 13:14

By the way - I do not think we will see Mostert again in tests,  Look at his line-out performance in the last two tests and you wouild know why.   

Aug 14, 2019, 13:14

By the way - I do not think we will see Mostert again in tests,  Look at his line-out performance in the last two tests and you wouild know why.   

Aug 14, 2019, 14:00

Steph was ranked the 17th best flank in super rugby. That's about right. We don't need him. 

Aug 14, 2019, 14:08

Ag Foeitog - that is another BS input from AO - so let us see the other 16 players list and we can have another joke to laugh about.  

Aug 14, 2019, 14:18

Mostert at 7, RG at 5. Upgrades the team. I'd replace Steph with Dan du Preez. Upgrades the team. We have better alternatives than the man caught between two positions. The Serfontein of the forwards. 

Aug 14, 2019, 14:27

Mostert who cannot make open field tackles at 7?  The fool has spoken as expected. 

Want to lay a bet that Mostert will not be in the WC squad after his deficient  performances the past two weeks?  No use in line-outs - pushed back when he tried to score and  his missed tackle on Sanchez will not be missed by Erasmus,    

Not that inability to make open field tackles by Mostert is anything new - it happened before.  

Aug 14, 2019, 14:32

Thanks Pakie......point proven. Modern defences pass responsibility laterally when a runner moves into the next lane, it's a chain link fence.

But there was no link because Stephanie had shot out of line.....and was totally focused on the player he thought he would have to tackle. At no point did he even glance at the ball carrier. Look at the angle of Vermeulen's head vs Stephanie's in frame 3.

I'm guessing somewhere between frame one and frame two, Sanchez threw the quick dummy which scrambled Stephanie's brain.

Aug 14, 2019, 14:32

"Want to lay a bet that Mostert will not be in the WC squad after his deficient  performances the past two weeks?"

Interesting. We'll see. Smart money is on Mostert starting the All Black test at 5. 

Aug 14, 2019, 14:42

Mozart

He marked Du Toit in red - so your lie is fully exposed.   Now the next question is why did Mostert missed badly in that tackle attempt  and why did you try and cover it up by blaming Du Toit? 

You have written similar BS in the past - nothing new.   You should never try and write that kind of BS on site ever - too easy to expose the lies.   LMAO  

Aug 14, 2019, 14:51

As we plainly observe, Steph's lateral defence is a little on the slow side. So uncanny, I thought it was a clip of Lood de Totenbaum. 

Aug 14, 2019, 15:01

Moz says:

'Minute 33.20 Bargie runner cuts inside Stephanie , who has left too wide a gap'

Muck says:

'As to minute 33:20 another BS effort to discredit Du Toit. One of the Argetine players carried the ball and ran a line evading the forward going Du Toit, There was zero wide gap created - doing what the Argentine player did cause him to run straight into Njakane and Etzebeth about two meters further, That is all that happened and the wide gap you manufactured never existed'

.......so on the previous tackle Stephanie has already got deep, contrary to Muck's description he is not moving forward, he is on his heels. There was a gap to Stephanie's inside......how do we know that......the commentator says 'finding space Argentina'.

How is the gap exploited? He has become laser focused on the player behind the Bargie passer......but he hasn't recognized the threat of the Bargie to his left, who cuts in without Steph even noticing......right through the middle of Du Toit's channel.

Once again he hasn't read the attack....fortunately Kwagga has and he stops a potentially dangerous run.

That's 3 supposed 'lies' of mine......proven right, one by Pakie's images and 2 by the facts and the commentators' corroborating comments.

Aug 14, 2019, 15:08

Dumb bugger Mike......the picture of Stephanie in red is where he should have been......instead of where he was, further forward. Give up man, you can't even interpret a simple chart.

Aug 14, 2019, 15:35

the picture of Stephanie in red is where he should have been

Correct. Here is the same moment with and without the insert for clarity.

The actual situation:

The positional demonstration:

Aug 14, 2019, 15:59

Where is the out of line in that photo sheister.  You lied to cover up the miserable tackle attempt by Mostert on Sanchez,  and what your comclusion was as to minute 33:20 is also total BS.  Proven as well.

All you set out to do in this thread was to demean Du Toit and for that reason you came \up with total BS as expected.    You have done this many times before - when favourite players of yours bugger-up you try and find false reasons to accuse other players and trying to whitewash the one who buggered up - that is all you did here again.

Honesty is not your strong suit is it?

Now onto another issue,   The line-outs against the AB's was a mess and Mostert count was two line out taken and one lost.  So in the Argentine test he never was used as a liner out jumper   What is the use of having a line-out jumper that cannot be used in line-outs?   How do you explain that.   It must be said that last year already I said he is not good enough in line-outs and cannot be the nucleus of driving mauls from line - outs.   Proven conclusively again in the two tests this year.           

Aug 14, 2019, 17:10

Out of line would be the player with7 on his back who is a metre beyond Vermeulen and Mostert.....clearly visible.

Lot's of 'comclusions'...going wrong here.

This is a funny thread!

Aug 14, 2019, 17:31

Funny indeed -n Mostert buggered up a tackle comprehensively and you went on a campaign against Du Toit - part of which resulted in your deermined effort to cover up Mostert's poor tackle attempt.

So it is funny protecting a player who showed in the AB test he is useless in line-outs and not used at a;; for that in the Argentina test.

How do you cover up that one?  LMAO - my warnings last year about the issue finally hitting home?

Aug 14, 2019, 18:11

Muck......what's hitting home is Pollard, Kolbe, Beast, Mostert, Etzebeth and Vermeulen are in the RC Team of the Tournament.

These are all players you have written off this year.

Aug 14, 2019, 18:13

But do I take it from that diversion, that you finally have twigged that the red figure is merely an illustration and the player a metre out of line, has a 7 on his back?

Aug 14, 2019, 20:10

Not interested in further diversion from the fact that Mostert completely buggered up the tackle on Sanchez and you tried to lay the blame on Du Toit,,   Not the first time he buggered u open-field tackling either,   

So why was he cut out of line-out jumping on Saturday after the chaotic line out performance against the AB's a week earlier?      

Aug 14, 2019, 20:20

after the chaotic line out performance against the AB's a week earlier

What exactly was chaotic about Mostert's lineout performance? He took two clean balls, while Retallick got in front of him in the first short lineout with a good read.

The only "chaos" was caused by two hopeless overthrows by the hookers, nothing Mostert can do about that.

Aug 14, 2019, 20:41

Did you watch the game and listened to the comments of the commentators on the line out issue in the AB test,   Everyone with eyes in their head saw how bad the line out organization  was against the AB's  and the fact is that it had a detrimental affect on throw - ins by the hookers,

Mostert was cut out of any line-out jumping in the Argentina test.     

You need to Log in to reply.