Down Memory Lane.....no that’s too grandiose...

Forum » Rugby » Down Memory Lane.....no that’s too grandiose...

May 04, 2020, 18:53

....down memory path:

clevermike

January 11, 2013, 22:52:35

Sharkbok

Ater watching that video - I called Swiel "the Ball Sense Wiz Kid"  - he really is something special.   I think he is equally good -whether at full back or at flyhalf.   Even Saffex rates him as a better flyhalf than Pollard.   We will see lots of him over the next decade.

Let me add a prediction - within 5 years time this kid will play rugby for ENGLAND - because the politicos here will insist that place must be found for Earl Jantjies - the useless. 

May 04, 2020, 18:54

clevermike

December 14, 2012, 16:18:04

Ek

I don't think Tony Jantjies started in the Under 21 Final - he came on fairly late as a replacement.

I like Pollard - but I think he is not as good as a ball player.    I think he is more like Morne Steyn in most of the games I saw him play in.   Solid - seemingly a better ball distributor than Morne is at present - but on the "dull" side.   That is perhaps why he decided to move to the Bulls - their style of play would fit him like a glove.

I believe smaller players - Like Lambie has to have a cleverer approach to play - and they are much more adventurous.   As an example I don't think Pollard would from his style of play ever score 14 tries in

May 04, 2020, 19:14

Every point was wrong. That's the amazing about our dear Lügnerin. 

May 04, 2020, 21:08

That quote was tempered with  Jantjies started in the game against Ireland and was a total flop,  In the second game Pollard replaced him and Jantjies did not play for the rest of the series,   I thought Pollard was very good in that series and unlike the Village Idiots I do not criticize player that are top class performers and right praise songs about under performers,

The Under 20WC took place in June 2012 and Pollard to the Bulls in January 2013.

So everything in that balls-ups were never written by me.     

May 04, 2020, 22:01

So you are saying you never made those posts under your name?

May 05, 2020, 00:05

Sure - I never made posts on the Under 20 WC in January 2013 - I knew exactly what the position was about the Jantjies issue and gave precisely what happened in the posting above,  

The only thing about Pollard was to attack WP letting him go to the Bulls,   I just want to add the Swiel story was later than January 2013.

You are not really a con-artist so I take it as the work of an amateur.   LMAO      

May 05, 2020, 00:15

Oh Lügnerin, you do make me laugh! 

May 05, 2020, 00:27

Aug 14, 2014, 02:38

Straight from the horses mouth. The real story unveiled!!!!!! 

For the rest of the career of Pollard, it must be remembered that Mike called him the next Morne Steyn!

clevermike

I think he is not as good as a ball player.    I think he is more like Morne Steyn in most of the games I saw him play in.   

While we are all allowed to change our mind on young players, it must be remembered what each of us said about the player in the beginning. 

*It is how many right calls vs how many wrong calls. 

You need to Log in to reply.