You need to LOG IN to reply.

DumbLande & Jessica Kriel move to Japan after World Cup

Forum » Rugby » DumbLande & Jessica Kriel move to Japan after World Cup

Apr 14, 2019, 12:06

Bok centre duo set for Japan move after RWC

2019-04-14 11:03

Cape Town -

Afrikaans newspaper Rapport reported on Sunday that Stormers centre Damian de Allende and the Bulls duo of centre Jessica Kriel were likely to continue their careers in Japan after this year's Rugby World Cup.

De Allende is set to sign with the Panasonic Wild Knights in a deal which will see him be unavailable for the Stormers in Super Rugby as his contract will run from January until May.

Kriel has reportedly already informed the Bulls of his decision to sign with a Japanese club.

De Allende, 27, has played 37 Tests for the Springboks between 2014 and 2018, while Kriel, 25, boasts 40 Test caps between 2015 and 2018. His trying scoring rate has become extremely poor, and is overall an extremely predictable player. 

---

Delande is no loss at all, probably an improvement as this will create an opportunity for someone else. A computer with no software to think. So predictable, everyone knows he will put his head down and run 

Kriel did appear to improve after playing under John Mitchell - and he is one of the better backline players for the Bulls. AM And Kriel look like they will certainly be the outside centres for the World cup.

Apr 14, 2019, 12:45

Your rugby assessments are normally flawed and this is no exception. 

Apr 14, 2019, 12:52

Your Hero Delande is leaving you. What will you do...:D

Apr 14, 2019, 13:09

Nothing - he is NOT my hero - I merely defend him from the BS you and others spout on site.   I do the dame with a  number of other players as well.  

Apr 14, 2019, 13:18

A bigger question must be, who's remaining post RWC. ..:(

Apr 14, 2019, 13:21

Sharkboks ignorance knows no bounds.

If having our 4 Super Rugby sides earning big bucks playing Europe and us keeping our players then it's an option worth considering. 

You need to Log in to reply.