England disposed of with ease.....Wallies finally ran out of luck

Forum » Rugby » England disposed of with ease.....Wallies finally ran out of luck

Mar 22, 2021, 01:20

England looked as toothless as they did in the WC final. They actually have no game plan. The persistence with little George Ford at 10 has been a monumental mistake.

Wales played clinically against a frustratingly wayward French team....their defence was yielding 15 metres on many phases. But then came the last 10 minutes and France put the Wallies on the rack. After which the most cynical spell of cheating ensued.

I actually thought the ref was okay....but why after looking at everything did he refuse to look at Fickou’s try.....and it was a try. Still justice was done, the good guys won.

Mar 22, 2021, 16:25

We were dreadful, absolutely appalling. 

Well done to Ireland, best I’ve seen them play in a good while. Thoroughly deserved victory. 

Hopefully they’ll do the decent thing and bin Eddie now but I suppose that’s asking too much. 

France v Wales was a cracking game. 

Mar 24, 2021, 14:33

I visited Planetrugby forum before the game and it was a slaughterhouse with every Irishman on the planet having a dig at English rugger.I seriously never knew their hatred for the poms until I actually visited Ireland some time ago......won't  go there(planet rugby forum)  to read the banter now but must admit the poms can take a beating and still come back!:'(They were dead quiet prior to the game though.
Was amazing how the English team were squabbling again with 10 min to go.Trying to get at least a try to show and then that brilliant drop conversion by Daly.

Mar 24, 2021, 15:55

Ireland was very sharp on the day, they didn't switch off for one  second. England seems to be mechanical in their approach and just going through the motions. Wales did the same, look at turned backs and what the players are doing. Not afraid to take a quick tap or cross kick. Glad to see them  trying to  speed up the game. 

School boy error by England to think that they can turn their backs on  the opposition. 

Some of the  old guard  has to go and I  will even question Farrell role in  the team based on  current form. 

Lets see what Eddie can pull  off

Mar 24, 2021, 17:13

Let’s see if Eddie can do the decent thing and fall on his sword ! 

The whole team needs a shake up and there’s plenty of new blood to select instead of the old guard. 

And yes, the Irish do dislike us intensely. 

As far as I can see, that was the best Irish performance in a long time. Well done to them. 

Mar 25, 2021, 01:37

If Eddie continues to lose he will flip out in the media and criticize something, and that could be the beginning of the end for him. 

He may last 4 years, but if the form is bad he will struggle to hand the pressure of the English media who are brutal at losses. 

Mar 25, 2021, 09:39

LOL at Becs...

"Let’s see if Eddie can do the decent thing and fall on his sword !  "

Probably Hara-kiri (Seppuku )  would be the more appropriate act. 

On second thoughts maybe he deserves a second chance...maybe a new enviroment might vitalise him once more...Eddie should look for a tier 2 side like Georgia, USA or Russia. 

He's got stale in England and in a rut.

You need to Log in to reply.