Esterhuizen and his five week ban

Forum » Rugby » Esterhuizen and his five week ban

Dec 16, 2020, 08:49

We have on site two members for whom thinking is a dangerous deficiency,  For the past year one of them was going on about the fact that Esterhuizen was not included in the WC squad in 2019,   However, Esterhuizen went to play for Harlequins in the English premier series after the WC,  

I was hoping that he would play last week in the Harlequins game against Munster - where he would have had to face De Allende - but he was not in the team because of a 5 week ban in a game during the previous week,   

A further enquiry indicated that the ban was for five weeks - which indicated that it was a very serious offence,  I would like to know from our England members the details of the offence leading to the ban.

At the same time I am now even more happy that he was not in the WC squad - since he could have been a serious  liability in the squad.   That type of penalty mostly result from dangerous play caused by inefficiency of the player who was banned - eg Frans Steyn in the 2015 game against the Crusaders.      A ban in that series would have resulted in the player not been replaced in the squad and that would have damaged the chances of the team in the WC massively,               

Dec 16, 2020, 10:16

You are a buffoon Lügnerin. 

Dec 16, 2020, 11:02

Not a buffoon like you for whom thinking is dangerous -  I deal in facts and the request is clear - what did the dumb Esterhuizen  do to copt a five week ban?     We are indeed lucky - he will not make the Springbok team again.   

Dec 16, 2020, 11:19

The best and only test worthy inside centre in SA would have elevated the Boks scrubby play during the WC. May have even beaten the All Blacks. G-d knows Damian and Steph were incapable of doing their jobs. 

As it happens, it was an elbow strike. Nothing that he is particularly known for. If you want "costing your team", watch Damian's 2018 season that I posted, or the 2015 games I detailed. Or you could watch all those missed tackles that left Mostert with overloads - I like to think of Steph's flailing arms as two white flags waving in the wind. 

Dec 16, 2020, 12:00

Live with it Kindergarten imbecile  - De Allende was picked as the top center in the WC. series in 2019.   His defense was deadly and he was lauded by the English commentators in particular - his try against the Welsh was exceptional.   Du Toit was critical to neutralize the functioning of the English backline - a job he handled  with aplomb.

However, one can never get it into your head to stop being a prejudiced BSter and a stupid one at that.           

Dec 16, 2020, 12:00

Live with it Kindergarten imbecile  - De Allende was picked as the top center in the WC. series in 2019.   His defense was deadly and he was lauded by the English commentators in particular - his try against the Welsh was exceptional.   Du Toit was critical to neutralize the functioning of the English backline - a job he handled  with aplomb.

However, one can never get it into your head to stop being a prejudiced BSter and a stupid one at that.           

Dec 16, 2020, 12:07

Esterhuizen is a class player - big fan of this lad

Has the power of a forward and the skills of a back

He, JVR or Serfontein should have been in the WC squad ahead of Frans Steyn but I guess with Rassie’s 6/2 split he needed an all rounder on the bench and Frans had to do as Willemse needs more time

If the 6/2 split continues Willemse is the obvious bench choice in terms of all rounder . The perfect impact player who in time will be pushing for a starting spot at 15 or 12, definitely not 10

Dec 16, 2020, 12:23

Damian's defence was below average throughout, and his skills were even worse. Worse yet was his reading of play. The final was actually highlighted all of his flaws. It took a feeble tackle attempt to score a try, as his record shows, he can't beat the line with pace or stepping, or through power. No wonder the Bok attack has floundered under José Erasmus, the selection of unskilled bashers. José shies away from skillful ball carriers, as evidenced by his refusal to settle on Esterhuizen or Snyman, our two most skillful distributors. 

Dec 16, 2020, 12:43

Shut up you ignorant twit Will Greenwood summed up de Allende perfectly - you stop de Allende you stop the Boks

But trust an ignorant rugby noob like you to miss out on the fact that players like de Allende and PSDT were integral to the 2019 success year

Both were our go to in terms of forward momentum and building phases - so much so that one of them was named world player of the year

CASE CLOSED

Dec 16, 2020, 12:54

Steph was a defensive liability who laboured for stodgy carries all season long. Steph was the 17th best flank in the 2019 Super rugby season and was a very tiny bit better at test level. 

Damian was also a defensive liability, as we saw in the final. Neither player gave the Boks an edge, even against minnows. Damian can't even cut it at Super rugby level. For Steph, that's about the same. 

Dec 16, 2020, 13:30

Listen here you ignorant prick do you honestly think such an average player would be awarded world player of the year huh?

Wake the fuck up geez how fucking stupid are you?

Dec 16, 2020, 13:44

Dave 

The kindergarten imbecile does not know enough about rugby to make any comments,   His harping about some players stems from total ignorance about the game.

By the way - what happened leading to the five=week ban of Esterhuizen.  I did not see the match at all so would like to know.    

Dec 16, 2020, 19:53

Well Dave you said McCaw was average and he got World Player of the Year three times..........according to you it is possible for a Dud to win World Player of the Year.

And a Dud did....DudToit.

Dec 16, 2020, 20:23

Kindergarten Imbecile

In the tests played by Esterhinzen his miss tackle ratio was 18.45 - in the 2019  RWC De Allende's were 14.75,    Since all players missed tackles the norm for backline players were not higher than  15 and  Esterhuizen's  is indeed well above that figure.     That was one of the reasons why in the end Esterhuizen did not make the WC squad.    In the games he did play there also was a tendency for him to isolate himself and conceded ball possession losses.                    

Dec 16, 2020, 20:28

Mozart There must be something terribly wrong with your top storey.   There is no thread where you do not end up with senseless attacks on Dui Toit and or Erasmus,    Shrink time is overdue I believe,     

This as a discussion on centers - but maybe Jake White thought he was no good as a center and tried him as a loosie in one game so I guess you may think in the same stupid line.    

Dec 16, 2020, 20:45

Dropped an elbow on a player while sitting on the ground. Pretty tame as far as danger is concerned but these days that's red all day long.

https://www.news24.com/sport/rugby/bok-centre-slapped-with-4-week-ban-20201209

Dec 17, 2020, 00:05

World player of the year does not mean you are the best player in the game.

My point on McCaw was that he was not the best player in the game, I have never said he was poor like you do PSDT

I’ve said McCaw was a good player never a brilliant one

World player of the year is awarded to the player who contributes the most to his side in that year which is exactly what PSDT did in 2019 - we was simply outstanding

Dec 17, 2020, 04:50

Pakie 

It was a dumb thing to do - using an elbow in the face or neck of a player is always a red card offence and the fact that the player Esterhuizen did it to was forced to leave the field as a result is prove that it was a serious problem.

Esterhuizen is a good club or franchise player - but on the dumb side and he is not test material.       

Dec 17, 2020, 08:04

Players always leave the field for blood, Mike.

Dec 17, 2020, 08:17

If the result was a bloody face then it sounds even worse - he ot away lightly in that event,  Still think as a player he is as thick as a brick anyway,   Apparently White thought so too - hemnce his decision to try him at 7 for the Sharks.  .    .  

Dec 17, 2020, 08:23

Have you forgotten that your man Damian already has a red card in test rugby to his name?

Dec 17, 2020, 10:13

hen did that happen - cannot remember it sio please enlighten me on that one.  

Dec 17, 2020, 14:02

Dec 17, 2020, 14:21

There was also the ridiculous Damian penalty in 2018 against England, which gave them the lead, and turned the game on its head. Another Lügnerin mission ended in failure. 

Dec 17, 2020, 16:11

The game in 2018 was lost because Esterhuizen isolated himself and in the process lost ball possession in the final minutes of the game.  There was no ridiculous penalty and the fact is that the story made up by you is ridiculous again.   .  

Dec 17, 2020, 16:11

Duplication. 

Dec 17, 2020, 16:35

Verification that Schickerling was at a camp just before the WC.

Dec 17, 2020, 18:26

You made dozens of wild statements on site and never provide proof - especially when iot comes to Erasmus, De Allende and Du Toit - and also one that Mostert was a key to the Springboks winning the WC final and that his replacement save the team from defeat,  When I asked for proof you never provided any ever.    gave us the info on the latter one only and I will check when Schickerling attended the camp.       

You need to Log in to reply.