Evan Roos - amazing player

Forum » Rugby » Evan Roos - amazing player

Jun 05, 2022, 08:21

I watched the game yesterday between the Stormers and Edinburgh and Roos was amazing - present eveywhere making trnovers and scoring a try.   His defense was deadly and effective all the time.    When Kitshoff left he seemingly took over the Stormers captaincy. and he ended up being MOM.      

This youngster woud be my fist choice loosie in the Springbok team to play Wales since Vermeulen has gone off the boil during the past year. 

The only thing we can now expect is a hate campaign against Roos started by Mozart - which will last through the rest of my and Mozart's life  like happened in the case of Du Toit and De Allende.          

Jun 05, 2022, 08:50

Nope, Moz is far too loyal to a WP player to be negative against any of them.

Yes, Roos impressed me tremendously and I agree that he could start ahead of Thor

Jun 05, 2022, 09:37

Hi Blikkies...both PSDT and DdA were WP players...and PSDT is probably returning.

Jun 05, 2022, 10:54

Blikkies 

Mozart hates players who threaten his favorites in the Springbok team irrespective of where  they come fom of for which team they played.   He would always find fault with his pet-hated players and make ridiculous statements of what he regards as failures.

His  attacks on Du Toit started when Matfield returned from retirement in 2014 and some people criticized with reason the return and Du Toit was mentioned by some as an alternative to Mattfield   Fact is we were right to be critical of the Matfeild return - he flopped in most matches he played in.   

As to De Allnde the criticism started when De Villoers were injured and De Allende had to play in his place.  De Villiers comeback from injury was also a failure - and that forced De Allende to play instead of him and Mozart went ballistic and has been ever since.    When De Villiers retuned to play the games against Argentina in Durban and Japan in the WC were two disasters in which De Villiers did not make any significant contributions  and he then had to retire as a result of another injury in the Samoa WC match in 2015 - landing the Springboks with a center-combination who played as partners in 3 matches they played as center partners before the start of the 2015 WC..  It was then that he  started raving about playing Francois Steyn  at center ahead of De Allende - so the attacks went on without interruption.    

Lucky for us  Meyer - Mozart's favorite coach -was effectively fired at the end of 2015  and succeeded by Coetzee - whose appointment was also supported by Mozart.    When Coetzee was fired as coach in April 2018 Mozart went ballistic when Erasmus was appointed as Director of Rugby by SARU.    Ever since his attacks on  Erasmus went on and getting worse every year.   Mozart went quiet  on the Erasmus issue for about a fortnight after the 2019  WC and his onslaught on Erasmus resumed  and has been ongoing ever since.   

So selection of Roos ahead of Vermeulen will start the Mozart attacks on  Roos and it will never end.     .    .    

Jun 05, 2022, 11:33

Hoe gaan dit Blikkies...jy's maar stil deesdae.

Jun 05, 2022, 15:14

To me he is the ultimate #8 with his strength, skill. determination and stamina.

Just watched the Stormers vs. Scots game and this game illustrated just how great Roos really is.

What a player.

He has to be the Boks #8.

Jun 05, 2022, 15:23

Moz is combing footage to be contrary...:D

Jun 05, 2022, 17:29

I doubt it as Roos is a WP/Stormers player and a forward not a backline player like de A.

Jun 05, 2022, 17:46

You mean like PSDT?:D

Jun 05, 2022, 18:38

May 01, 2022, 02:01

I could buy Dave’s logic here…..Vermeulen to the bomb squad….Roos to start, what little I’ve seen of him suggests a generational talent.

Jun 05, 2022, 18:42

Egg for Tokkie and egg for his loyal wingman Draad.

Actually the only reason Tokkie brought me into this is because he predicted time and again Nadal wouldn’t win the French. Which of course he did with ease. Egg there for him as well…Major egg.

So much for Tokkie’s 80th year birthday resolution to be more sober. He continues to be the same clown he has always been.

Jun 05, 2022, 18:57

Hoe gaan dit Blikkies...jy's maar stil deesdae.

Met die gesondheid gaan dit maar opdraend Draad., maar dankie vir die navraag. Ek wens ek kon emigreer, maar waarheen? Die hele wereld is 'n fokop ... VSA, GB, Austr., NZ, Kanada.

Jun 05, 2022, 19:19

Hey Blikkies everybody I know who has a property in Mexico loves it….a few get knocked off occasionally….but those that make it swear by the place. Great weather, nice people, good fishing.

Jun 05, 2022, 20:16

Hi moz. There is an old saying: An old tree does not transplant well . My kids helped us to live in a Fort Knox with generators  helping against the regular load. shedding. Watch out, this nonsense is coming your way!!! 

Jun 05, 2022, 22:36

One things is for sure, the guy is gonna make a mint.

I’d love to know what he’s already being offered.

Is it just me or do the Boks seem to be spoiled for choice in most positions at the moment?

Jun 05, 2022, 23:11

Too true Blikkies…..the world is disrespecting traditional energy sources. We may eventually figure out the new stuff, but not for the next 25years at least.

Jun 06, 2022, 06:01

Mozart

I am indeed surprised by this story about Roos.   This must with your history be indeed  a first for  Mozart - him supporting a 22 tear-old player against a soon-to-be 36 year old player.    What brought that on?       

Jun 06, 2022, 08:00

"Egg for Tokkie and egg for his loyal wingman Draad."

:DStirring a bit...TBF, you also said that he seems to be a once in a generation player...or something to that effect...IIRC...point being you don't give a player a free pass just because they play for WP...

Jun 06, 2022, 08:42

Roos to start, Elrigh off the bench is one option starting both is another. 

I'm backing work in progress Ruhan Nel to crack a tick for the squad.

Jun 06, 2022, 08:44

…or because they look the should be a good 12 ;)

Jun 06, 2022, 13:01

"…or because they look the should be a good 12 ;)"

ButtPlug, please just answer a very simple question that requires nothing more than a one word "yes" or "no" answer . . . is English your first language?

No need to hiss and spit at me and change the subject like you normally do when I ask you something, I'm not trying to have a pop at you, I really would like to know.

Jun 06, 2022, 13:17

It's hard enough getting a straight answer.....the "yes" or "no" bit is even harder for him Bwhahahaha I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jun 06, 2022, 13:37

Hey autocorrect Nazi girls...

"…or because they look like they should be a good 12."

When the two of you are left attacking autocorrects it's probably a good time to short you both.

Nice skirt, Dentsie.

Jun 06, 2022, 13:37

So no answer . . . yet again!

Jun 06, 2022, 13:51

Sometimes I feel embarrassed for ButtPlug. It is a bit like watching an Austen Powers movie

Jun 06, 2022, 14:13

Why are the two of you competing? 

Don't you know that there's enough of Dentsie to go around?

Tell them, Tante.

Jun 06, 2022, 15:50

Quisling sucking up to Peeper again.  But I do hope he holds his breath…..who wants to share that! And poor old Sharkie making a fuss about an inconsequential careless mistake….while telling us he has actually watched a movie in which the protagonist was Austen(sic) Powers.

Meanwhile Peeper drones on repeating himself endlessly. I suppose being short, fat, old  and bald…becomes a bit of a burden.

Jun 07, 2022, 05:11

"So selection of Roos ahead of Vermeulen will start the Mozart attacks on  Roos and it will never end."

Yep, yebo, we've heard it all before, just you wait for his first missed tackle or if he drops the ball or whatever bullshit excuse,  he'll spin and spin and spin and won't stop until Methuselah steps out of his grave.

Nauseating, bitter and hateful stuff.

And it's all because the childish and pompous wee man won't agree with the seal of approval of a certain few posters.....a certain few who recognize bright new talent..... something he can't or hasn't. What makes it all the more worse for Evan Roos is the fact that Rooinek was the first poster to spot him.

That fact pretty much sealed Roos's fate in this forum as far as the pompous, childish and spiteful Twat is concerned.

Jun 07, 2022, 18:09

I am not sure, was it not Saffex that spotted him first? Which ever way, the Guy is a great Player and consistent.

Jun 07, 2022, 18:56

Crudehole called him a future Bok first...but even a broken clock...Old Crude has made a few huge calls over the years........glad that he apparently was on the money for a change. 

Jun 08, 2022, 00:07

You obviously missed this Quisling:

05, 2022, 18:38

May 01, 2022, 02:01

I could buy Dave’s logic here…..Vermeulen to the bomb squad….Roos to start, what little I’ve seen of him suggests a generational talent.

Jun 08, 2022, 00:08

In future scan the whole string before you open your’ hateful’ mouth Quisling  ….better yet keep it shut nothing you have ever said rises above pablum.

Jun 08, 2022, 10:31

Mozart

I apologized for not seeing your previous comments on Roos - but I always followed you trend of attacking players and assume it would be the same in the case of Roos.    Your attacks are normally based on not performance but false creation of myths which you invented - so your trend of he past was not followed in this case.   

See what happens when you created an impression by your normal comments on site  so be careful in future about riting BS on site.      

Jun 08, 2022, 10:36

Oom Maaik, stop stirring man!!!:D

Jun 08, 2022, 16:06

Tokkie….let’s  just leave it at you needing to apologize about Roos….now all you need to do is admit you were horribly wrong about Nadal.

Jun 09, 2022, 04:58

I will not - Nadal may still win the Wimbledon Exhibition Tournament - but after that he will go the Djokovic way who since Wimbledon in 2021 did not win in a single tournament he played in.  Remember - Nadal crushed Zverev while the real fact is the latter was seriously injured in the Rolland Garros final  - your words.   However, that has nothing to do with rugby  - what was the case in respect of rugby are your constant attacks on rugby players and on Erasmus since 2014 based on false stories you invented.    .          

Jun 16, 2022, 16:54

So Roos got selected the Player's player of the season too. What a year he's had up till now.

Jun 19, 2022, 00:55

Was great in the final as well

Very powerful

Jun 19, 2022, 03:46

Dave 

For me Roos was the best player in the final.       

Jun 19, 2022, 09:33

Maaik, go watch that final again...Deon Fourie was phenomenal...best openside performance I saw in years...not bad for a hooker playing @ 6.

Roos had the better season, but Deon Fourie is probably the most underrated player ever...barring Chris Cloete.:D

You need to Log in to reply.