You need to LOG IN to reply.

Fantasy Rugby Week 4

Forum » Rugby » Fantasy Rugby Week 4

Mar 11, 2019, 05:22

Seems to be alot of Fantasy Comps running. But I Think Rugby Mag seems to be the most prevalent one. SO heres the current standings. 

1. The Lightbringers GW: 496 Overall: 1893

2. Netbaas GW: 541 Overall: 1805

3. BlackPower GW: 427 Overall: 1793

4. Crazy Baldheads GW: 495 Overall: 1722

5. Luke's Canes GW: 445 Overall: 1506

6. Sleeping Giants GW: 355 Overall: 1426

7. Michael Saayman GW: 0 Overall: 354

Mar 11, 2019, 07:45

It's a great version of the Fantasy game ... better than anything else around and that includes the Sportsdeck version imo.

As you can see, I'm not doing too well at this stage in time ... Mike has made a mess of his chances and has subsequently called it a day ... seems the game is beyond him ... so I am by rights stone last. 

Nowhere to go but up.

Congrats to Netbaas ... he had a cracker of a round.

Mar 11, 2019, 07:59

I am actually doing far better on Sportsdeck lol. Currently 2nd overall in my league. Bit behind on Rugby Magazine, which is the best comp yes. 

Mar 11, 2019, 08:13

Still early days. You are one of the better competitors and so I expect to see you making your way up the ranks.

Luckily, my strategy has me a mere 80 or so points behind you. It's kept me in check over the last few weeks. I hope to see that change shortly. Either way, it's a learning curve for next season.

Goooo Giiaaannnttssss!!!

Mar 11, 2019, 09:36

Tough week coming up with the Bulls, Sharks and Blues all having a bye. 

I have a total of 8 players from those three teams so I'll do well to have a full team this weekend. My Sportsdeck team also has plenty players on a bye this week.

Mar 11, 2019, 11:10

You can do it rooitwit! i believe in your fantasy rugby abilities!

Mar 11, 2019, 11:28

Yes ... it's going to be fun this week.

I too have 8 players in my squad on a bye this weekend ... as well as 1 in doubt with a possible concussion.

All I need now is for a few to be left out on rotation and I'll find myself deep in the dwang.

Luckily I have multiple options for most players in my squad so I may just manage to get my starting 15 out with at least 4 on the bench. 

Mar 14, 2019, 11:19

I see most of us have 8 players that will not feature this weekend.

Some of us have more ... a few unexpected injuries ... and others being rested or pushed to the bench.

This is a mess.

Netbaas has 10 players that won't feature ... leaving him with 18 to make up his match 23.

Does he transfer key players with the idea of signing them next week ... or does he simply take the punch and do the best he can with what he has?

It's going to be interesting to see what he does ... and I'm rather curious to see how the rest of our pool go about this weekend.

Go Giantssssssssssss!!!

Mar 14, 2019, 11:34

Personally I'd only go into the red if I had to replace a starter. I'm going to be short one or two players on my bench (Taniela Tupou and maybe one or two others depending on the Lions team announcement) but I wouldn't waste 20 points on replacing a bench player who only scores half points.

It's also touch and go if I get a full team in the Sportsdeck comp. If Malcolm Marx, Dylan Smith and Marnus Schoeman are all named in the Lions team I'll just about scrape a full team together. 

Mar 14, 2019, 11:37

I have opted out of the Rugby Mag game and is not really interested anymore.

Mar 14, 2019, 11:46

Ou Maaik, that's a pity because I think it's the best of the Fantasy games this year.

You should also move your Superbru Fantasy team to the pool where the rest of us are playing. I originally set up a pool called "Ruckers Forum" but 3ku1 also created a pool called "RuckersForum" (without a space) and there are 5 of us in that pool. Join that pool . . . the pool code is "eyesdday". 

Mar 15, 2019, 13:27

Looks to me as if BlackPower and CrazyBaldheads forgot to select their match 23.

Each of them only have 7 subs ... one's missing ... am I seeing right?

Mar 17, 2019, 06:55

Why can I not see Black Power's backrow cover?

Does he even have cover?

Same goes for CrazyBaldHeads.

You need to Log in to reply.