Farrell gets 5 week suspension - It is not only Sanzar that sucks

Forum » Rugby » Farrell gets 5 week suspension - It is not only Sanzar that sucks

Sep 09, 2020, 10:37

So it looks like Any Farrel got away, yet again with a dangerous tackle. 

This guys is a complete thug, he doesn't belong on the rugby field and knows exactly what he is doing. 

The fact that he only got a 5 match suspension when it was minimum of 10 matches just proves to you have poor world rugby in general is about discipline. 

I know, how as SA rugby fans, we felt robbed when we our players got a stiff ban but the other players seem to get a slap on the wrist. 

Time to follow the letter of the law and stop this idiotic ruling where a player gets a lawyer to get him off the hook. 

For me it is simple ruling

1. Was it intentional
  2. did he try to tackle the player legally
  3. Where did he hit the player
  4. What happened to the tackled player

This guy now suffered from severe concussion, can't return to play for 5 weeks. But also now has this injury hanging over him. 

Farrel should have gotten the maximum and probably band for 6 months at least in my book

I also recall many years ago when Japie Mulder targeted De Wet Barry off the ball and deliberately shoulder charge Barry in the face, breaking his cheek down, but got off lightly, when in fact Barry was ruled our for most of the season. 

Act like these should simply dealt with. We have no room if your intent is to ruin a players career

Sep 09, 2020, 12:16

The tackle on Esterhuizen in November 2018 was what is normal with Farrell.   The Ref made a mistake and admitted it afterwards  - he should have penalized him and at least give him a yellow card.    

Sep 09, 2020, 14:39

It was a dreadful challenge and he deserved a hefty ban. Justice hasn’t been served again. 

Sep 10, 2020, 15:45

So the reason why he got his suspension halved wasn't based on anything else other than self serving RFU that didn't want to lose their captain 

Although the disciplinary panel concluded the tackle was a top-end offence with a suspension entry point of 10 matches, it was ultimately reduced to five due to mitigating circumstances.

This included testimonials provided by Saracens boss Mark McCall, England caoch Eddie Jones and the founders of a charity with which Farrell works very closely.

So because he has some people in his corner, that said, he is a good kid, just mis understood and we need to give him special treatment while we work with him. 

What a load of croc

Sep 10, 2020, 16:08

Happens a lot. 

We all knew they’d have him released for the England Tests. 

I don’t agree with it at all. 

Sep 10, 2020, 18:27

The Allblacks' captain gets the same pass and I'll bet good money Kolisi will get it too...not right, rugby is run very amateurishly in certain regards...bad refereeing being my other pet hate.

You need to Log in to reply.