For the first time since 2008 Clermont at home lost against Munster

Forum » Rugby » For the first time since 2008 Clermont at home lost against Munster

Dec 20, 2020, 17:25

Clermont has not lost any game in the European Cup at home against any team. since 2008. 

This game was somehow or another not broadcasted in SA - but it seems that Munster scored three tries in the game which it won 39-31 and that one of the tries were scored by that great loosie of theirs CJ Stander,

I found a highlight package - but there was only one try in which the top of the world center De Allende featured prominently.   

Can somebody please post a match video of the game on site - I would love to watch the game.       

Dec 20, 2020, 17:47

Dec 20, 2020, 20:12

Thanks Stav

I enjoyed the game very much - Clermont being up 28-9 at minute 28 in the game and then losing it by 8 points,

I think that Stander thoroughly deserve the MOM - he really had a top class game -  and De Allende had a top class game as well - the best player in the Munster backline.   Obviously physically a very strong player - strong carrier with some good ball carries - while his defense and and ball protection and recovery was top class.

Munster made  very good decisions in signing Stander and De Allende - real value for money,  

As the commentator said at the end - Munster made history with that win.            

Dec 21, 2020, 02:31

Correction Dud Allende had nothing to do with the win...he was the man who missed the key tackle setting up the near Clermont try, only rescued by Stampkar’s outstanding hold up over the line. His passing is a bit improved but still sub standard....and apart from one unopposed run in space, his running was the usual dead end stuff.

Stampkar had one of his better games, yes he was turned once....but he had a hold up, turnover and a try save to his credit. That said he was playing off the back of a dominant pack. In the struggling Irish pack he was a non entity, subbed early in his last test.

Dec 21, 2020, 04:25

This is further egg added to the egg mountain already covering you.   As per normal you are a liar of note and your assessment is as per normal is  really a distortion.  De Allende put the Munster team on the front foot a number of times and he also stopped another certain try by Clermont,

In any event - you have discredited yourself totally in the past on the players you obviously hate and when caught out try and lied your way out of the problem you created for yourself ,   It just  does not work - so at least take  New Years Resolution to straighten yourself out.       

Dec 21, 2020, 05:56

As usual you threw out the bait and hooked yourself. Dud had a perfectly ordinary game...Stamp was a deserving MOM. The truth always Trump’s your senile fantasies.

Dec 21, 2020, 07:55

De Allende's  game was far above ordinary - but then when he had a top game in the WC final 0 you claim otherwise as well,   Maybe you should start watching fames objectively amd see what actually happened  and you may yet find out the real value of players.   Your hatred of players make you blind to what  they really do in matches.    That is why real experts in rugby can be believed while you cannot be ever be trusted to deal with anything objectively.   

The thread was a tricky one to determine who you hate more - Stander or De Allende/   You obviously hate De Allende more than you do Stander - buit even inm he Stander case you are vicious,    

Dec 21, 2020, 18:14

Hate.....you sound like a Leftie politician. But of course you were ANC when it suited you.

Dec 21, 2020, 18:17

Goes to show how much the home crowd advantage is in France.
I watched the World Cup Final with a group of french tourists.
When Kolbe scored they erupted ...thought I was in the Stade de France.

Dec 21, 2020, 19:07

Could have been hard feelings still around about the Battle of Waterloo!

Dec 21, 2020, 19:27

No Mozart

You missed the plot again -  remember the time  when you wrote on site that the 2007 RWC final  was played in England and I gently corrected you, 

The crowd erupted because Kolbe was the French Top 14 Player of the Year  and the  French Rugby supporters love him just as much as the Irish love Erasmus, Stander and now De Allende.           

You need to Log in to reply.