French go with monster pack

Forum » Rugby » French go with monster pack

Mar 11, 2021, 19:16

Against the Poms

940kg or so with two big centres as well

The Poms on the other hand have brought in the less physical Ewels at lock ahead of Hill, which makes little sense

But then again not much of what Eddie does these days makes sense

Mar 11, 2021, 20:24

France knows how to keep it simple when it matters to do so... logic without fancy tactics.    

I think the Pommies are lost.

Mar 11, 2021, 21:15

I don’t have a good feeling about this :(

Mar 11, 2021, 21:53

France have Gregory Alldritt. He's all the advantage they need.

Mar 12, 2021, 00:38

Not having Eddie Jones as Coach is all the advantage they need ! 

Mar 12, 2021, 13:02

I like Eddie, but I think that he has lost the dressing  room and some of the  old heads  are letting  him down. But, like so many international coaches, people have figured him out now and know how to play against  England. Not sure any other  coach will make England better. 

But,  it speaks volume as  a  Coach. Took a brumbies team which no  one gave a chance and turned them into champions by playing some of the best rugby. 

Was really successful as an  Aussie coach only to be denied a gold  medal by the greatest english team of all time. 

Spent some time in the wilderness, coached Japan to a historic victory of the boks. 

Took over England  and made them  the  number 1  team. 

He just seems to blow  it when it  counts and  that is WC finals. 

But  all teams go through dips. 

I  definitely thinks he need to drop some of his old  players and  get some of the better and younger players broken in. 

France is a team on the up

Mar 12, 2021, 14:34

I'm sure Jake White is already updating his résumé.

Mar 12, 2021, 18:07

Please God no !! 

Mar 12, 2021, 21:32

It’s pretty obvious now that Eddie didn’t make Jake, Jake made Eddie. But it’s been so long ago Eddie has forgotten his lessons.

Mar 13, 2021, 02:40

Eddie is a better coach than Jake

Mar 13, 2021, 03:27

Ah that Watson virus, there is no vaccination for the Watsonistas. It starts with a a sense of confusion, morphs into agitation and then goes dormant only to flair up again when the words Jake White are uttered. A bit like malaria ..perhaps  a good dose of hcq Dave, it’s not a cure but it could alleviate the brain flatulence.

Mar 13, 2021, 16:42

Nope plain and simple Eddie is a better coach than Jake

Good old Luke has sweet fuck all to do with my evaluation of Jake as a coach - not a single percentage

The fact that Jake could not handle Watson just reinforces the well documented fact that Jake is a poor people manager

If I had to choose between Jake and Eddie to coach my side, it would be Eddie hands down

Mar 13, 2021, 18:55

Dupointe scores the first try in under 2 minutes. Go France!!!!!

Mar 13, 2021, 20:06

Close Game, France looking good. 

Mar 13, 2021, 20:42

Well done England. They were very good to beat this excellent French team. 

Mar 13, 2021, 21:13

Good game

Mar 13, 2021, 21:47

Best game of the tournament so far. Very high quality game play particularly in the first half. I think the teams got tired in the second half hence a higher error count as the game went on. Despite the loss I think its onwards and upwards for this French team. England's first good game of the tournament. Be interesting to see if they can maintain that in the final game.

Mar 14, 2021, 01:02

Bit stressful at times, but a very good game nonetheless. 

Just hope we can keep it up and improve next week against Ireland. 

You need to Log in to reply.