Great win by La Rochelle

Forum » Rugby » Great win by La Rochelle

May 29, 2022, 03:57

This wasn’t a great spectacle, but it was riveting. Tremendous goal line stand by Leinster eventually broken without an inch to spare. In truth the French team played most of the rugby and in the end you can’t argue with 3 tries to none. 

The rise of French rugby is no longer a question, there are outstanding players still not able to make the national team.

Skelton was a dominant figure in forward clashes. What a mountain. I remember seeing him in Chicago one size bigger than all the other huge men.

And what a cool first try by Rhule and Lleyds, who both had great games at this high level. Is there really anything Mapimpi can do that Rhule can’t, while being much more switched on about the flow of the game.

A competitive and enjoyable final. But one can’t help but feel a good Crusaders team would have won by 15 points.

May 29, 2022, 20:10

The Final was much better than the previous nights. That was quite dull. 

A shame for Leinster but La Rochelle stuck in until the final whistle and got their rewards. 

May 30, 2022, 12:26

Great win for La Rochelle. Well deserved. I was hoping they'd do it but couldn't see past a Leinster win.

That defensive stand was epic but I thought Wayne Barnes should've dished out a yellow or two for the repeat infringements. 

May 30, 2022, 15:51

I felt Barnes was looking a little harder at La Rochelle than he was looking at Leinster. Neck rolls for example…LR got penalized for a very dubious one, but there were a few bad Leinster neck rolls trying to hold up the runner that were totally missed.

May 31, 2022, 01:05

Watched the highlights and must agree  that Raymond and Dylan are playing very well..... good enough to play for the Boks I would say.

You need to Log in to reply.