Griquas have an absolute gem in their ranks

Forum » Rugby » Griquas have an absolute gem in their ranks

Jun 19, 2022, 01:01

In the form of outside centre Sango Xamlashe - this 23 year old has it all, he glides and has such great balance.

It’s about time we found a young back up to Am at 13, this lad is the answer

Nicely built at 96kg

If he is not playing for one of the big unions next season I’ll eat my hat

Was also impressed with their 9, 10, 12, 8 and 5

Jun 19, 2022, 01:09

Yip saw highlights of him, very promising...good talent.

Jun 19, 2022, 08:01

As from next season we will see a lot more of the players in the case of the European Competitions and the Griquas players form part of the Cheetahs when it come to the Challenge up.     Have not seen the guy play and would make sure I do in future,       

Jun 19, 2022, 08:19

He looks special was the Tuks captain - scored 8 tries in the Varsity cup including one in the final

Went to Selborne in EL

Jun 19, 2022, 08:58

Griqua's are well coached by Pieter Bergh...Saffex, did you not have a comrade that also was involved there? They do have some impressive individuals in their team.

Hanru Sirgel is another one.

https://youtu.be/nmm_50WMvD0

Jun 19, 2022, 12:49

Yeah my mate coached Griquas for a few seasons, he then went on to coach Paarl Boys and is now at DHS

Jun 19, 2022, 19:18

Agree Dave unfortunately being in the Griqua's squad players such as Sango don't get the exposure of the three or four bigger unions but as you suggest he most probably will end up with one of them next season and he will then receive his due rewards.

Must agree that Griqua's have soon excellent players.

Jun 20, 2022, 01:17

The crazy thing is, is that Sango captained the Bulls in their first CC game of the season and Jake clearly ignorantly let him go to Griquas

Talk about utter short sightedness by Jake - instead he invests in 35 plus year olds in Hendricks and Mapoe - give me strength

Jun 25, 2022, 08:29

Keep an eye on this lad in the final today

You need to Log in to reply.