Happy New Year

Forum » Rugby » Happy New Year

Dec 31, 2019, 12:03

Dec 31, 2019, 12:23

Happy New Year to you too blobbok not long to go now for 2020. You’ll see it before I will. I’m in Melbourne until next week.

That’s one happy tune, really good thanks for sharing :)

Dec 31, 2019, 12:27

All the very best everyone

Be safe out there

Dec 31, 2019, 12:54

Wishing everyone health, happiness and prosperity. Best of 2020 to friend and foe alike.

Don't know if I can top that one Blobbie but I'll try......

Dec 31, 2019, 13:29

Cape Town I’m on my way :D:D

Dec 31, 2019, 13:52

Happy New Year everyone...

Bob, I hope this thread turns out better than last week's:angel::)

Dec 31, 2019, 13:59

Sssshhhhh draad :angel:

Dec 31, 2019, 14:01

May all members have a wonderful 2020 with health and happiness being all they encounter,  

Dec 31, 2019, 14:09

Yes happy New Year to everyone. And thank you for being so NICE to me, so gracious and kind and respectful, you know who you are.  And for those who haven’t, let the fun continue :D:D

Dec 31, 2019, 14:09

C'mon guys let's get this party started....

Dec 31, 2019, 14:10

Denny....classic!!  One of my all time favs.  Thanks for that.

Dec 31, 2019, 14:12

You go girl.....your turn.....hang one on me.

Dec 31, 2019, 14:18

Ummmmm

Dec 31, 2019, 14:20

I’d party to these guys any day of the week.  Saw them live in concert.  Best ever!!

Dec 31, 2019, 14:22

Awesome!  Worth the wait:)

Dec 31, 2019, 14:26

Dec 31, 2019, 14:41

Haha Mick Jagger oookaaay I was never a big fan but he had some good songs.  Do you like the Boss?

Dec 31, 2019, 14:42

Yes I do!

Dec 31, 2019, 14:48

You ever heard his song Hometown?  I never knew it existed until the other day and I thought I knew all his songs.  I saw him in concert too a few years ago when he did his last tour down under.

Dec 31, 2019, 14:50

Getting your dancing shoes on Denny!!

Dec 31, 2019, 15:13

Happy New Year Denny just past midnight in Australia thanks for the songs. They cancelled the fireworks in Melbourne and I hear they also cancelled some in Sydney and donated the money to the farmers and the firefighters. Another one lost their life yesterday. Really sad.

What do you think about the harbour bridge fireworks going ahead? I saw on the news there was a petition signed by over 270,000 people to stop them. It was deemed inappropriate when the country is virtually going up in smoke.

Dec 31, 2019, 15:32

I was eight years old and running with a dime in my hand
Into the bus stop to pick up a paper for my old man
I'd sit on his lap in that big old Buick and steer as we drove through town
He'd tousle my hair and say son take a good look around
This is your hometown
This is your hometown
This is your hometown
This is your hometown
In '65 tension was running high at my high school
There was a lot of fights between the black and white
There was nothing you could do
Two cars at a light on a Saturday night in the back seat there was a gun
Words were passed in a shotgun blast
Troubled times had come
To my hometown
My hometown
My hometown
My hometown
Now Main Street's whitewashed windows and vacant stores
Seems like there ain't nobody wants to come down here no more
They're closing down the textile mill across the railroad tracks
Foreman says these jobs are going boys and they ain't coming back (Per Obummer)

To your hometown
Your hometown
Your hometown
Your hometown
Last night me and Kate we laid in bed
Talking about getting out
Packing up our bags maybe heading south
I'm thirty five we got a boy of our own now
Last night I sat him up behind the wheel and said son take a good look around
This is your hometown
Thank goodness Trump had a magic wand and factories and jobs are pouring back to the Rustbelt etc 
Rust Belt. The Rust Belt is a region running across parts of the Midwest and Northeast. Once known for thriving iron and steel industries, the Rust Belt gets its name from the abandoned factories and urban decay that have marked the region since the 1970s.  The time the Globalist really got going in the States destroying jobs sending factories over to China and Mexico etc.

Great song, really liked it. Amazingly da boss hates Trump. 

Happy new year to all.

Dec 31, 2019, 16:14

Happy New Year All!  Hopefully, the Boks continue their 2019 form into 2020 and win the 4 Nations. 

Best of luck to the rebuilding All Blacks and their fans, it is very likely a fresh approach will take them back to their best. 

Dec 31, 2019, 17:02

Thanks sharkbok do you still have 7 hours to go until 2020?  Happy NYE to you and yours too.  I’m sure your Boks will continue their winning ways not many chinks in their amour.  Not so with the ABS I worry about our forwards but we will see what our new coaching team will do.  Probably more of the same :'(

Dec 31, 2019, 17:58

Yes, Cloudy around 8 hours to go! 

Boks will have to find new loose forwards to replace Vermuelen and Francios Louw, players that can compete at the ruck - and SA do not have many these types of players. We have lots of strong ball carriers, but we need more like Vermuelen who can also compete at the ruck. 

All Blacks will need to find some new tight five players that are strong ball carriers like Retallack. Over the last few years when Retallack has not been available or in top form, it has not been the vintage All Blacks that won 2 back to back world cups- the most dominant team in the professional era. 

Jan 01, 2020, 00:13

We’ve lost Franks, Whitelock and Read. We don’t have players that can fill those spots so it will be interesting to see the selections for our first test this year. Maybe the SR will reveal those putting their hands up.

Happy 2020 that’s so much easier to type :)

Jan 01, 2020, 01:29

Here Cloudy, just for you.......Gelukkige nuwe jaar

Jan 01, 2020, 01:44

Happy, healthy and prosperous New Year to  all our members! And Ed thanks for another enjoyable year.

Jan 01, 2020, 01:46

but if you didn't like that i have others.....

Jan 01, 2020, 03:36

The great Joe Cocker, that’s a good one to kick start the new year Denny.

Gelukkige nuwe jaar to you too :)

Jan 01, 2020, 03:39

Aaaah the Beatles. These songs will never get old.

Jan 01, 2020, 12:14

Happy new year to everyone.

Jan 01, 2020, 18:19

Happy and Healthy New Year to all of you. May 2020 be all you want it to be.

Trust all your plans work out as you wish and folks please don't forget those brave folks fighting the fires in OZ.

So make the right move and help them by supporting them.

Cheers one and all.

You need to Log in to reply.