Powder Puff Mostert

Francois Louw

BJ Botha

Johan Muller

Meyer Bosman

Juan de Jongh

Jul 29, 2022, 00:24

Adi Jacobs best centre stats in the 2008 TN

Mostert the man who made the most tackles in the Bok goal line stand in the WC final.

Francois Louw whose turnover saved us in the WC semi

BJ Botha the only tighthead I ever saw embarrass Os in the scrums

Muller a smart player in the Mostert mould  whose contributions proved too subtle for many.

Jul 29, 2022, 00:27

Ah I see you keep spinning your wheels. I could keep smacking you down Dave but I’m off for my birthday dinner….but here’s a thought, I moved on after it was clear these players were history. You are still punting the Deysel twins.

Jul 29, 2022, 01:01

Every one of your choices should never have played a test match especially Jacobs and the utterly useless Muller

Rassie’s biggest mistake is not investing in the freakish power of the du Preez twins

They are on par with Marx and Bismark

Mostert missed a tackle in that goal line defence - who said he made the most? One certainty is none of those tackles would have been physical

Enjoy your birthday dinner - happy birthday old fart

Jul 29, 2022, 03:26

Roos, Pollard, Ebenezer, Allende, Am....

Jul 29, 2022, 03:32

Interesting that you’re up at this hour, Rose.

Interesting indeed.

Jul 29, 2022, 05:08

Thanks Dave….I did. Mostert never missed a tackle the whole game, let alone in the goal line stand. He was comfortably our most prolific tackler and only played 58 minutes,

Jul 29, 2022, 10:04

Nope footage proves he missed a tackle the stats are wrong

Jul 29, 2022, 11:30

Oh dear, Plum(p) has got his detective hat on again. 

Jul 29, 2022, 12:53

Mozart 

Stop lying about that WC stopping of tries by Mostert.   Mostert missed two tackles and made one very poor tackle when the English player went meters forward in the tackle - for the rest he was totally useless in the game and destroyed an excellent try scoring opportunity by dropping the ball.   His total contribution in the test was one big zero.

By the way the outstanding contributions in 2019 made him Player of the Year in 2019 - only prejudiced idiots missed out on  reality in his case.  

Jul 29, 2022, 13:32

"Stop lying about that WC stopping of tries by Mostert.   Mostert missed two tackles and made one very poor tackle when the English player went meters forward in the tackle - for the rest he was totally useless in the game and destroyed an excellent try scoring opportunity by dropping the ball.   His total contribution in the test was one big zero.

By the way the outstanding contributions in 2019 made him Player of the Year in 2019 - only prejudiced idiots missed out on  reality in his case. "

Hard to reconcile what ou Maaik is saying in these two paragraphs. In the 1st paragraph he's basically saying "Mostert are totally useless" while in the second paragraph he's claiming Mostert was 2019 player of the Year (remember, this is ou Maaik's version of history we're dealing with) and only a prejudiced idiot would miss that fact.

The blithering idiot is making even less sense than usual . . . something I wouldn't have thought was possible! 

Jul 29, 2022, 15:35

V KochR0900
R SnymanR0310
F MostertR01500

….

The official ESPN WC final tackling stats. So who do we believe ESPN with all their resources  or Tokkie with his dirty thumb?

Jul 29, 2022, 15:35

V KochR0900
R SnymanR0310
F MostertR01500

….

The official ESPN WC final tackling stats. So who do we believe ESPN with all their resources  or Tokkie with his dirty thumb?

Jul 29, 2022, 15:46

Moz posted at 00:27 on July 29   "Dave but I’m off for my birthday dinner"

Congratulation with your birthday on July 28. May there be many more.

Jul 29, 2022, 16:16

Thanks Blikkies…much appreciated.

Jul 29, 2022, 16:44

Happy belated birthday Moz...hope you had a good one.

Jul 29, 2022, 18:05

Didn't know that either. I shall have a crate of Castle in your honour this evening!

Jul 30, 2022, 17:14

Thanks Draad and Rose. Here’s a list of drinks  that appear to be unique to RSA…..Castle and Lion beer, rum and Coke, white and brown cows, steelworks, cola tonic and lemonade. 

Jul 30, 2022, 18:23

Rum and Coke isn’t unique to SA, Mozart ! I broke a toe after I’d had one too many of those aged 11 :D

Belated Happy Birthday. I hope you had a lovely day:) 

Jul 30, 2022, 23:27

Reminds me of a dinner in a posh London hotel where my younger daughter aged about 12 apparently helped herself  to my champers when I had to go out to take a call. I pretty much carried her up to bed.

So we have no unique right to Rum and  Coke, I stand corrected.

Jul 30, 2022, 23:39

Turns out I’m allergic to rum so my brother, who was happily pouring me glasses of the stuff, was trying to poison me :D. Gosh I was poorly ! That’s why I walked into a door and broke my toe. I was even more unsteady on my feet then !! 

Jul 31, 2022, 02:01

Some brother!

Jul 31, 2022, 02:12

Ha ha ha ! I have two of them :D

Jul 31, 2022, 10:48

Another unique SA drink (liqueur) is Amarula. .... and for the braves ... a Springbokkie.

Jul 31, 2022, 10:56

Happy BD Moz..hope your dinner was nice....true Rum and Coke will knock you senseless and the day after a person struggles to get the rum smell away :D

Jul 31, 2022, 11:13

I like a brandy and coke. The traditional drink I used to have with my dad. Rum and coke is nice too, but I prefer a ginger ale as the mixer. But it depends on the rum. Right now I like the small bottle of Cane Trader dark rum and KA Sparkling Grape as the mixer. Tastes amazing. If you can be bothered, there are nice mixes with coconut and various spices.

Hey Becs where abouts in England are you? Down where I am at have Turtle Bay. A nice quiet little restaurant. Food is delicious and they have such a varied selection of rum. Love that place. Took the Mrs to Turtle Bay in Birmingham once when our train was cancelled, to kill time... was like a fucking techno club. Hilarious as its way disappointing! Not what I expected at all. The most drunk I ever got was in my teens. With a friend and we got the idea to try some rum, but he wanted vodka too (I fucking hate that shit) and ended up a little lost. He fell off the side of a bridge and got his legs trapped in some thick mud. Thought the fucker was a goner! I got him out but he lost both shoes! We both learned the power of rum that night! XD

Jul 31, 2022, 14:28

Hey Red Rose. I’m in Northamptonshire. I’m a country bumpkin :) 

Jul 31, 2022, 15:18

Mozart

Only ONE of the tackles Mostert made was in the 5 minutes the English attacked the Springboks in the Boks 25.    So you are making painfully bad deductions from the tackles made by Mostert.  Video evidence indicated he missed 2 tackles as well - but that was not reflected in the stats you quoted.      The fact is that Mostert always make poor tackles with opponents going forward in tackles - that is when the opposing players just run through his tackles and score tries.   That is why he was not in the starting line-up for the Springboks for the final and the fact is he per minutes played had a worse tackle stats that De Jager - whom he replaced.

This matter has been discussed repeatedly in the past - and you eventually fled from the scene and now you are back with the same BS allegations.      .       

Jul 31, 2022, 15:29

Mike I hate to break it to you but your whole fucking team is useless defending. All opponents go through your faggot assed defence all game long. If the ball stays in the opponents hands the Blocks look like old saggy donkey balls.

Jul 31, 2022, 16:32

Becs my recent stay in  London was a bit of eye opener. It was still great fun visiting the galleries and eating at my favorite places. But the city was choked with tourists …..walking down Piccadilly English was not the spoken language. And I have never seen the place so dirty.

I strolled round to the square we used to live on, always pristine and carefully protected. Street people had set up shop and the smells were awful.

You can see the same trends in Chicago and apparently San Francisco and Seattle are even worse. Sad to see these great cities imploding.

Jul 31, 2022, 16:41

London is a shit hole. But it's been a shithole for thousands of year. Hard to believe but it was even worse for a long stretch. At school I used to wonder to myself what the slaves must have thought coming to London. Seeing asses out windows shitting all over the street and dead bodies floating in the Thames. They must have thought they had gone to hell. I suppose London is like the New York or California of England. Much of Birmingham is filled with Sharia no go areas. I have never been a city person anyway but this is shitty whichever way you look at it. Chicago... my god... the mayor. I don't know how they elect these people. That woman should be shot in the mouth. 

Jul 31, 2022, 20:19

Mozart, that sounds like London is really going to pot. It’s such a shame because it was a really beautiful city. 

I’m glad the galleries are still the same and you enjoyed your favourite restaurants though. 

I’ve read about San Francisco and Seattle. They sound absolutely appalling. I’m sorry Chicago is going the same way. 

Everything is being ruined or destroyed these days, it seems. 

Aug 01, 2022, 06:47

Mozart

Imissedyourbirthdaycongrats-pleaseacceptmybestwisshesforthefuture.

Aug 01, 2022, 07:17

I have been to London  a couple of times - the last time time in 2007.   Then it was still clean and  relatively safe - but since then the city must have gone backwards at a fast pace.    By the way by 2007 Paris had gone down in a rapid way already and was a shit place to visit.    If taxis refuse to enter certain parts of a city because it was unsafe for them to go there it is clear the city was  a  dreadful mess.

My nephew and his family lived in Essex in a town about 30 minutes by train from Liverpool station - but never went to the city at all.    They left England 18 months ago because they would not let their son attend a high school in England because of  the condition of education deficiencies and poor conduct by children - who are taught not to respect their parents and family life and drugs and alcoholism were rife in schools.   He is now at Oakdale High school - near Riversdale - where his father also went to school.   They plan to let him study after school at Stellenbosch University   and even though they still own a house and flat in England it is unlikely that they would return to England .

Aug 01, 2022, 14:28

London has gotten worse for sure Mikey, but it's always been crappy. Always. 2007? Overpriced pish. Crime ridden and scummy. 

Aug 01, 2022, 21:27

Belated Happy Birthday Moz!! Many more and all that.

Aug 01, 2022, 21:41

Thanks for all the wishes chaps…the beat goes on, at least for the moment!

You need to Log in to reply.