How long before the AB /Wallaby rivalry dies of sheer boredom

Forum » Rugby » How long before the AB /Wallaby rivalry dies of sheer boredom

Nov 08, 2020, 17:36

The game in Brisbane was frenetic, it was close, it had it’s villains and cards were plentiful. But it wasn’t compelling. The departure of the Springboks has killed this RC and it will hurt SH and world rugby.

The plot, with two teams playing a similar game but with the ABs being that bit better....plus the Bargie foot shooters,  makes for boring matches. Shame on the Boks for chickening out.

Nov 09, 2020, 00:39

Hi Moz, yes it's a shame the Boks chickened out we need them in the comp. Us letting the wee wobblies win a game once in a while is not convincing & even that won't inject a great deal of suspense after a while:angel:

Bring back the Boks!

Nov 09, 2020, 02:40

Yes justwin.....bring back the Boks oh hang on didn’t they just say they’ll be there next year? Compelling viewing watch this space.

Nov 09, 2020, 02:47

New Zealand shafted South Africa by kicking us out of SuperRugby. 
It could backfire badly, and result in all the money moving to Europe (live football). 

Nov 09, 2020, 05:18

You’ve been talking about going to the European comp for years, Covid just gave you the reason so if you want to blame anyone or anything ....blame that.

Nov 09, 2020, 05:31

JW nice to have you back. Trust all is well.

Nov 09, 2020, 14:03

The wee abs are the past. Yes shaftinf South Africa was a big mistake. 

Generally the wee abs beat Oz. Rugby in Oz could struggle. Argentina would be their rival along with Fiji. Bwahahahaha. 

Talk about shooting themselves in the foot. 

The cash cow has left the room? 

Nov 10, 2020, 02:05

Moz your mate Jake White stands by Rassie’s decision not to play in the RC

He said it would have been wrong to send an underprepared Bok side to play against that quality and intensity

He said top golfers and tennis players do not enter tournaments if they are underprepared

Rassie had it spot on

Nov 10, 2020, 07:42

Ja, but then you get some twats on here saying that we were just too scared to play

LMAO, yeah ok....

Nov 10, 2020, 10:06

A Bok being scared - I think not

It was a well judged and calculated decision not to play and throw away all the hard work achieved in moving from 7th to 1st and winning the WC

Thankfully Rassie is smarter than most

If Trump had been coach, we would be playing in the RC

Nov 10, 2020, 10:18

About the only way for the Boks to stay No. 1 for any length of time is to play as little as possible. Trouble is, we can see right through that little ruse Rassie!

Nov 10, 2020, 10:41

Moo you still smarting after losing your number 1 spot and getting your arses thoroughly kicked by the Poms in the WC semi?

Nov 10, 2020, 11:02

I think Rassie did the right thing he’s most likely thinking about the welfare of the team. That’s a good coach who puts the needs of his players ahead of his own. If Trump had done that with the American people he would still be president.

Nov 10, 2020, 11:51

"If Trump had been coach, we would be playing in the RC"

Sis Dave

Nov 10, 2020, 20:51

Saffex, too right I’m still smarting about being dealt to by the Poms! That matters more to me than being in No. 1 spot where we’ve dominated ever since the rankings were implemented.

Nov 10, 2020, 21:04

There is talk that the Bledisloe cup is going to become a touch rugby tournament. Most teams cheerleaders could give the Australian tight five a good go. 

Nov 10, 2020, 21:05

If Meyer was coach, he would pick 15 Bulls because he knows them and they understand his game plan and play in the tournament (Even dummies like Werner Kruger and Dean Greyling). 

Nov 10, 2020, 21:05

Nov 10, 2020, 21:06

Nov 10, 2020, 21:31

Moo, pre isolation you did not dominate the number one spot. Post isolation the Boks were handicapped by quota players and coaches at times

Now that we no longer see players as quotas and we have a merit coach in place, you will never dominate the number 1 spot again

Nov 11, 2020, 20:43

That’s a big call Saffex. Like I’ve said many times, let’s wait until the ABs start losing REGULARLY to the Boks, Poms and Oz before you start calling their dominance over. 2 games ago we whipped Oz by a record margin before experimenting last weekend. Do you really think the Boks could have beaten Oz by 38 points in Australia? That would be stretching it....

Nov 11, 2020, 21:11

The Boks have a better side than NZ so of course they could beat Oz by that much

Blaming the loss the following week on an experimental side is utter rubbish

The side that played last weekend and lost was better on paper than the side that beat Oz the week before

Nov 11, 2020, 22:07

Hi Moz, thanks for the good wishes. Things are fine with me & I hope it’s the same for you. Good to see the Bok fans are a little more confident Moolaa, yes, if the Boks can only avoid playing games they should be fine lol

ABs look like they are on the right track. It’s hard to balance winning & developing new players & they got it wrong in the last game. Puts some interest back in the Oz vs AB contest.

Nov 12, 2020, 01:31

Saffex, you have a short memory. What happened in the last game between the ABs and Boks at the RWC 2019?

We won I'm sure. Our team has changed and so will yours (if you ever come out of hiding and want to play us again),  so how can you be so over confident you have a better team??

Nov 12, 2020, 01:44

Moola I’ve always admired the AB’s and have been frustrated by politically influenced tarnish on my Boks

Right now I believe the Boks have a better side on paper than yours and a far more astute coach than yours

Yes we lost that WC pool game thanks to two individual mistakes and that’s no excuse but winning the WC would have taken that Bok side to a higher level mentally than the side that played you in that pool game and therein lies my confidence in our team

We have always had the players to match yours just never the directors to guide them

That has now changed ....but at the end of the day talk is cheap we need to be playing you not talking about it

You need to Log in to reply.