How the fuck

Forum » Rugby » How the fuck

Apr 08, 2022, 19:10

Can Evan Roos not make the first Bok alignment camp - the most talented young forward I have seen in ages.

The message to him is loud and clear - seek an overseas contract

Elrigh Louw makes the group - great player as well but in the mould of Wiese

It’s clear we like dumb muscle and ignore an athlete with power, skill and a great rugby brain

Fuck sake Rassie jou dom doos

Apr 08, 2022, 19:47

Oh come now, that must have been Kneeknocker.

Apr 08, 2022, 19:54

Moz I’m surprised you are not out there telling us how utterly useless Roos is

It’s only a matter of time

Apr 08, 2022, 22:19

I’m hurt that you would think that Dave.

Apr 08, 2022, 23:33

:)

Apr 09, 2022, 19:43

Apparently he will be at Second camp according to Craig Ray SA Rugby writer....if not that will be a big loss and R&N should wake up.

Apr 10, 2022, 00:57

Players outside the usual extended squad that should be included in the camps based on showings this season are:

Wings: Tambwe / Zas / Edwill vd Merwe and Senatla

Centres: Odendaal / Rickus Pretorious / Similane and Marius Louw

Flyhalves: Libbok and Hendrikse

Scrumhalves: Papier and vd Bergh

Props: Gerhard Steenkamp and Sadie

Locks: Ruben Schoeman / Andre Smith and Walt Steenkamp

Loosies: Roos / Tshituka / Elrigh Louw / Marcel Coetzee and Buthelezi

Apr 10, 2022, 04:52

There's enough great new talent to win the next WC....most probably the best new talent ever.

ps I read somewhere that Tambwe is heading to France and might be lost to the Boks.

Apr 10, 2022, 08:46

He is going to France but Jake is fighting to try keep him which is only possible if he has not signed a contract.

He wants to play for the Boks but is yet to secure his SA passport. Home Affairs have lost it twice - fucking idiots

Apr 12, 2022, 11:37

Durban - On Sunday, Springbok coach Jacques Nienaber spoke at length about the need for experienced players to win the Rugby World Cup in France next year and while he said the door is not shut on players who are yet to be capped for their country, that door is only the tiniest bit ajar.

Nienaber said he had 519 days until the World Cup and about 18 Test matches in which to give his greater squad equal opportunities to raise their hand – each player should have about four matches in which to state his case, he estimated.

He also said that winning the World Cup requires players who have at least between 10 and 20 caps because “then I know exactly what I can expect from them”.

So while Nienaber is saying the likes of Elrigh Louw and Evan Roos are in the picture, it doesn’t actually look that way.

And I think he is missing something here by snubbing local players when they could do just as good a job as his “experienced” men.

We understand that winning the World Cup is paramount but there are cases where players such as the Roos and Louw are certainly as good if not better than some of the loose forwards currently in Nienaber’s system, for instance, Jasper Wiese, who plays for Leicester and last year earned eight caps.

It makes me think of a slogan coined in the 1990s to address transformation. “Merit with bias” meant that if a black and white player were of equal ability, the selection should go to the black player.

Well, in 2022, merit with bias should apply to a player based domestically versus an overseas player.

We cannot complain that our best players are being lost to the European leagues when there is little reward for them staying in South Africa.

What is the snub of Roos and Louw saying to them? It is saying you might as well go and play overseas because you have just as much chance of making the Boks there, and you get paid better.

Nienaber and his Director of Rugby, Rassie Erasmus, have a responsibility to promote the game in South Africa. Our provinces need star players to attract crowds back; they need as many current Springboks as possible.

If a player goes overseas, he must know that it will be that little more difficult for him to make the Boks as a result. He must not have a message that makes no difference.

On Sunday Nienbaer spoke at length about the loose forward competition. He mentioned 10 players who have played since he and Rassie took over in 2018, and he also mentioned Roos and Louw. But one name he did not mention was that of arguably the best loose forward available to him, Marcell Coetzee.

Coetzee is an absolute beast, the epitome of a player you want to go to war with, especially a World Cup, and the poor bloke missed out on the 2015 and 2019 events for reasons beyond his control.

If Coetzee continues to play well over the next 519 days, he may just grow into one mighty elephant in the room for the Bok bosses.

Apr 12, 2022, 11:46

Neinaber needs to go back to being the physio

For a start I can’t see Vermeulen being up to scratch next year - he was great in the 2019 WC but has done nothing since. He is now too old

The certainties for the next WC are

Kolisi PSDT Kwagga

That leaves between 2 and 3 spots open as squad loosies

Those 3 spots should be contested amongst

Wiese Dan du Preez JL du Preez Evan Roos Elrigh Louw Buthelezi Vincent Tshituka Marcel Coetzee

The 3 I would choose are Roos and the du Preez twins

Apr 12, 2022, 12:57

@Dave

When was Nienaber the physio?

Apr 12, 2022, 13:04

I'm not overly impressed with France, England or Ireland and that is why I believe the Boks can win the WC but they have to select the right players so as to bring a new energy to the team. Roos and Louw are the obvious choices so they should be the first cabs off the rank. Not knowing all the players I reckon there'll be a couple more to steer the Boks in the right direction. Faf and Vermeulen have done us proud but it is time for change.

Apr 12, 2022, 13:50

Denny France have been very very impressive

Faf not done yet but Vermeulen I’m afraid is now too old

Apr 12, 2022, 13:51

Chip - Neinaber started life as a physio

Apr 13, 2022, 08:02

Ja, but he became a defense coaching expert and is one of the best defense coaches around...but I'm also not convinced he's test head coach material.

Apr 13, 2022, 14:09

Its official, Kolisi is hopelessly out of form and only there on reputation and should be dropped or if he doesn't performa against Wales. 

Here are the attacking stats of our top loosies across all competitions 

Calculations are made up by taking total number of minutes and dividing it by 80 mins to give an average per game

Attacking Stat

Defensive stats

Apr 13, 2022, 14:17

The only good numbers for Kolisi is rucks hit and balls lost, but  then he hardly carry the ball. 

Wiese seems to be the best allround performer and probably need a bit more credit, but Roos offers more on attack. 

Coetzee does an insane amount of offloads

Top 3 Ball Carry Meters, Roos, Wiese, Augustus

Wiese is the top defensive player but also the highest on penalties 

Apr 13, 2022, 22:26

Telling figures!!!

Apr 14, 2022, 10:57

I don't know how  Saffex can rave about Kolisi, the guy hits purple patches and  does good work from time to time, but  he goes missing in action and doesn't offer more.  For me Coetzee is on  fire as the form open sider. 

I get it that we want experience, but we also need to not hang on  to players  when  they are out of form

You need to Log in to reply.