You need to LOG IN to reply.

I had a dream...

Forum » Rugby » I had a dream...

Jun 08, 2016, 11:27

...earlier this week. The Boks beat the All Blacks in NZ and Kolisi/Scarra had a great match. Might have been MOM. I vaguely recall an excited Scarra/Kolisi being interviewed while doing a victory lap around the park with the rest of the team. 

Now I don't claim to have "The Sight" and I can't really recall previous prophetic dreams, but my dear Mom has been known to have the odd "prophetic sight", so here's to my first glimpse into the future!:D  GO BOKKE!!!!!

....and in the likely event that it was just an ordinary dream,...well at least it was a good one!

Jun 08, 2016, 12:27

Draad - Die ou mense het altyd gemeld dat 'n person wat onder die helm gebore is kan die toekoms voorsien in drome.   Is jy onder die helm gebore?   If you have been hen there might be something in your dream.   My mother once dreamt that a horse by the name of Marion Island will win the Metropolitan Handicap in Cape Town - without knowing which horses were in fact in the race.  She put a Pound on the horse and won enough to fit out the kitchen - I think it was 12 pound and those days that was a small fortune.      

Jun 08, 2016, 13:51

Mikey your old Mum might have subconsciously picked up on something she read or overheard without noticing .

Mr Draad you poor wee Bok fans have to take those rare wins over the ABs  wherever they may be ,even when dreaming if its all thats available !

Jun 08, 2016, 14:12

Marion Island won the Met in 1957.

Here's a trivia question for SA horseracing buffs . . . how many horses have won all three of South Africa's big three handicaps (the Durban July; the J&B Met and the Summer Cup in all its various forms incl. the Sansui Cup, the Holiday Inns etc.) and name them.

Jun 08, 2016, 14:31

Oh boy, I can sense a gambling addiction confession coming on....haha....let's hear about your tearful conversion to a life without horses.

Jun 08, 2016, 21:33

Might be Moz, the only horses of note I can name is Wolf Power and Horse Chestnut. I know a couple of blokes who can't resist squandering almost all they have on the ponies. ..a few more who actually control their interest in horse racing and regularly shows a handsome profit. Not for me though. I can hold my own in Poker and Blackjack,  but the moment I bet more than matchsticks or dimes, everything goes to...the stuff Mack put in his Crocks.:D

Jun 08, 2016, 21:39

Actually I was referring to the AAS who seems to have spent his life betting on the ponies and downing the booze. 

Jun 08, 2016, 22:07

I know what you meant, was just chipping in a bit.

Jun 09, 2016, 07:57

Dagga, Dop and Dobbel.....Groot genade, it's no wonder he's penniless and miserable!

Jun 09, 2016, 08:14

Dagga, Dop and Dobbel.....Groot genade, it's no wonder he's penniless and miserable!

You left out the other D - Doos - The old CT saying was Doos, Dagga, Drank & Dobbel. You just could not do the one without the other.  Problem is that some never grew-up and never realised the errors of their ways.

I don't know the histories of posters, but from what I see old Rooi is a stand-up kind of guy who is having his chain yanked by the rest.  Maybe he did some unforgivable sins in the past though..

The guys are mainly cool here with the odd troll, but even they are passionate..

Feb 04, 2019, 18:36

Well, it seems I was 2 years ahead of myself.:D

Feb 04, 2019, 18:59

Nope... you were talking shit then ... and I see nothing's changed.

Feb 04, 2019, 19:06

Aag, where are your sense of humor? Don't be such a bitterbal!

Feb 04, 2019, 21:24

Draad

That poker story reminds me of the time I did play a bit of cent-poker in the office at lunchtime.   By the end of the week I had to take a bag of cents to the bank to get the cents I collected exchanged.   

So in 1974 I was propmoted to a senior post in Indian Education in Durban.   I got a phone call from a friend inviting me to a poker game in Pretoria the following Friday,   So I ask permission and left the office to catch the 3 o'clock flight to Johannesburg - rented a car and went to Pretoria to the house of my friend.   I got there at about 17:45 and the game started at 18:00 with a strict rule that the game ends at 12 that night = with the last round dealt before that time..

There was at that stage an informal poker club called for good reason the Ambassadors Club, because most players were foreign Ambassadors in Pretoria and returned SA Ambassadors.   The game that evening was an Ambassadors Club meeting,   Not  very high stake game, but way beyond my R550 per month pay check.

So the game started and I played quietly - not making money nor loosing a lot until 23:30.   I was to deal and I called a game of seven card stud,   Two cards dealt face down followed by four cards face up.   I had near to nothing - an  Ace and an 8 face down and a 3 showing face up.  The one guy had a King showing and he opened the betting R5,00 and 2 chipped in and I raise by R5,00 and the guy with the King raised the bet to  R15, which was the maximum bet allowed. 

Second face-up card and I got something totally useless and the guy with the King got another King.   So story repeated and one of the other players opted out,   On the third face-up card I got another 8 and the guy with the Kings got a Queen, - another player opted out.   So betting repeated and another guy opted out,   By now there were only three players left.

So the fourth face-up card followed and the guy got another Queen, Story repeated and the third guy opted out,   I then dealt the last card face down  and the guy with the Kings and Queens opened the final round of betting,   I left my card face down and did not look at it, but said I would see what he got.   He said to me you see them - a pair of Kings and a pair of Queens,

I then turned the first two face down cards up and it showed a pair of 8's and no other pair,  I finally turned the last card over and it was an ace,    I cleaned up the whole lot - all that my friend who sat next to me said was "Well played".

Two weeks later I got another invitation for the  Friday evening game of the Ambassadors Club and I flew to Pretoria for the game and I cleaned up that game as well.    So never invited again - they must have thought I was a card sharp.

I think that was my last poker game I played in - I never had the opportunity to play again.:D:D:D        .                             

Feb 05, 2019, 08:20

Aag, where are your sense of humor? Don't be such a bitterbal!

CupCake is part of a forum tag team, and both of them have never had a sense of humor

You should know better than that Db

Feb 05, 2019, 10:01

DA, I can be a tedious bore sometimes, but I do have a sense of humor and I don't take myself too seriously. I do get drawn into silly arguments more regularly of late...maybe I'm getting old or something?

Feb 05, 2019, 10:07

Draad

Time for a holiday in Still Bay again!!!   :D:D:D   

Feb 05, 2019, 10:22

Yes Maaik, I hope I get to go there this year. Was hoping for a few days at the end of March, but it looks like we are going to be too busy at work....then it will have to wait till September/October. Will chat to you then.:)

I miss the place, but you know what? The weather here in Cape Town this summer reminds a lot of Stilbaai weather. I can't recall ever having such a mild summer in these parts. Fantastic weather. 26/28 degrees with a mild breeze most of the time. We get the odd 30ish days, but they are much further in between than usual....almost bizarre.

Feb 05, 2019, 11:14

All I can say about it is that I am glad my dreams don't come true. If they did I'd mysteriously be back at high school, trying to sneak around naked wondering how I managed to forget to get dressed before school. I'd then suddenly being chase by a crime boss but my flat out sprint is as slow as a walk. He catches me, and when I try to punch him my punches are like those I would imagine Beans to have, completely lacking in any power. I am then suddenly able to fly and escape to the top of a building. Then I notice all the black people standing around randomly up there are speaking Xhosa with many clicks in their vernacular. Only to wake up with my dog drinking water in the lounge making Xhosa "clicking" noises, and being pissed off that I actually can't fly.    

Feb 05, 2019, 11:31

That was a fun read blue, lmao

Vivid imagination indeed

Feb 05, 2019, 12:01

DA, everything I mentioned in my dream summary is true of dreams I have actually had. How scary is that? LOL

Feb 05, 2019, 13:25

I'd then suddenly being chase by a crime boss but my flat out sprint is as slow as a walk.

I have many variations of this dream.

Also trying to run but feels like i'm moving through mud. Another one is that i'm in a boxing match but i can't see the other guy because my eyes are mostly closed. All i can see is his feet. Eventually i try to tilt my head back so i can see the fucker. Then when i try to throw a punch it's slow as hell.

Feb 05, 2019, 13:30

All I can say about it is that I am glad my dreams don't come true. If they did I'd mysteriously be back at high school, trying to sneak around naked wondering how I managed to forget to get dressed before school. I'd then suddenly being chase by a crime boss but my flat out sprint is as slow as a walk. He catches me, and when I try to punch him my punches are like those I would imagine Beans to have, completely lacking in any power. I am then suddenly able to fly and escape to the top of a building. Then I notice all the black people standing around randomly up there are speaking Xhosa with many clicks in their vernacular. Only to wake up with my dog drinking water in the lounge making Xhosa "clicking" noises, and being pissed off that I actually can't fly.   

Lol, I can agree with the parts in bold. Had them frequently over the years. I also have one where we are on our way to Math class and I can't recall doing any math for the whole year...funny one that, as I actually enjoyed math.

You need to Log in to reply.