I'm deliberately not placing this in Beeno's section.

Forum » Rugby » I'm deliberately not placing this in Beeno's section.

Aug 06, 2020, 20:49

I lost a friend today. Vlagman/Ceradyne lost his battle with cancer sometime this morning. He was 63 year's old. 

We didn't start off being the best of friends, but I got to know and understand him over the years...I will miss him and this board will be poorer without him.

RIP Vlagman...till we meet again.

Aug 06, 2020, 21:49

Wow, wow and nogmaals wow.

This is shocking. I am without words.

Dankie Draad ... sal 'n epos  van medelye stuur na sy epos.

Aug 06, 2020, 21:51

Sorry to hear that Draad. Thanks for letting us know.

Aug 06, 2020, 22:25

That’s really sad.....Vlag and I  had our differences on Super Supporter, but became friends on this Board.

He must have been going through many difficulties, but it never came through in his words.When he finally told us the story of his disease and the last setback, he did so without any hysterics....simply, honestly, humbly. I never realized the end was so near but he gets all my respect....a brave man.

Go well Vlag ou maat!

Aug 06, 2020, 22:39

Sad news. RIP Ceradyne.

Aug 06, 2020, 23:05

We did not hear from him for a few weeks and in the current climate that is worrying.
RIP Ceradyne. We had some good exchanges. 

Aug 06, 2020, 23:28

Wow how sad, I mostly used to clash with Vlag but ended on a high with our final exchanges over the sosatie recipe he sent me a few weeks ago.

I’m shocked, I did not even realise he was ill or had been fighting the dreaded disease.

RIP staunch board member - one of the gang of misfits - we all share the love of the game but are all too big headed and arrogant to concede so clash at every turn

Vlag gave as good as he took

Aug 07, 2020, 07:58

This is so sad

I had many great conversations with Ceradyne over the years, and I knew he was battling for a while already, but had no idea that it was this bad.

R.I.P mate

Aug 07, 2020, 09:28

Honestly I suspected something was up as he mentioned his health and shortly after that stopped posting.

Sad news. Thanks for sharing, Draad.

Always got on with Cera. 

If anyone here contacts his family, do let them know that Ruckers send our condolences. 

Aug 07, 2020, 11:33

That's quite shocking. I knew he had health issues, but did not know the severity. He was a great poster. In fact, this is a huge blow to the board. I still can't believe it. And mere days after I lost my beloved Rottie so suddenly. What a year, what a week. Thoughts and prayers with his loved ones at this tender time. 

Aug 07, 2020, 12:53

He was a fantastic contributor to this board, fully agree with you Aug

He will most definitely be missed

Aug 07, 2020, 14:13

RIP Ceradyne.

Aug 07, 2020, 15:45

Really sad news. MHDSRIP.
A great contributor to this wonderful platform.

Aug 07, 2020, 19:26

At least as a rugby man Vlag ended on a high watching our beloved Boks win the WC

Aug 08, 2020, 12:34

Very, very sad to hear this. 

Windpomp knew his politics and those daring to publish BS were dispatch with solid facts.

A great loss to the board that underlines once again that eternity beckons.  I trust and hope Windpomp had made peace with his creator. 

Nothing is permanent here, any notion of permanency is a delusion. 

That said death always comes as a great shock. 

You will be missed Windpomp. May God comfort your loved ones. 

Aug 09, 2020, 09:07

What kak news , RIP vlag .

Aug 09, 2020, 10:06

"Life's but a walking shadow...."

For some of us, it's only the start of something bigger than us...mooiloop Ou Vlag...tot wedersiens!

Aug 09, 2020, 17:23

RIP Vlag.

Condolences to the family.

Aug 10, 2020, 19:27

Wow. What terrible news. This board is worse off with his departing. 

Condolences to his family and I hope He has found peace.

Thanks Draad for letting us know.

Aug 11, 2020, 08:18

"At least as a rugby man Vlag ended on a high watching our beloved Boks win the WC."

:'(

Aug 11, 2020, 09:44

Sad to say, but things have been winding down here for some time, long before Covid. Some great posters no longer post. Losing Cera is like a gut punch to the board. I hope things improve, but that's not looking good. 

Aug 11, 2020, 10:09

I ca only say I am saddened and really feel badly about Ceradyne - may he RIP    

Aug 11, 2020, 10:44

Hi Mike. How are you doing? Don't get too lonely, they are on the brink of relaxing the restrictions...but please stay safe.

Aug 11, 2020, 10:51

Aye, it's an interesting community we have here on the board. I do enjoy reading Lügnerin's stories and posts about SA.

Aug 11, 2020, 11:14

Yes, and I'm sure that Mike is gonna miss calling Vlagman Ceradunce...

Maaik, hang in there...be safe, but don't be scared to live.

What's the news on Riversdal...how many cases there?

Aug 11, 2020, 13:02

PS, I know Cera enjoyed "sparring" with Mike.

Aug 12, 2020, 01:51

So far the Municipal area - including Riversdale,Stilbaai, Albertinia, Gouritsriviermond, Jongensfontein, Witsand and Heidelberg - had 9 positive cases.  6 has already recovered and two are under treatment and one ran away - they do not know what happened to him.  

I keep very safe  at home.  Only really leave home for shopping at the end of each month,   Very sad situation to be in,             

Aug 12, 2020, 07:02

Maaik, you are a bit more at risk than myself, so you must be much more careful. I really am sorry for people living on their own and I think the loneliness might in some cases be more dangerous than the risk of contracting the virus. Some of the rules are ridiculous though. I'm not allowed to visit my brother at his home, but ws are allowed to meet up at a restaurant and dine together without masks...and if we choose, we can catch a taxi somewhere and share it with sixteen other random people...but heaven forbid that I visit him at home!

We will be going to Level2 within the next 2 weeks and limited alcohol sales will be allowed again. People living on their own will be allowed to legally mingle with other people again. Maybe I can even legally buy you a beer this year already! Vasbyt!

Aug 12, 2020, 07:02

Oops!

Aug 17, 2020, 18:50

I wanted to send my condolences to Vlag’s family and friends.

Terribly sad news and gone far too soon. 

Aug 17, 2020, 23:32

Welcome back Becs

Aug 18, 2020, 14:17

Thank you, Saffex 

Aug 21, 2020, 09:15

Vlag's memorial service was yesterday...I've got a link to the recording, it will stay up a few days. If anyone is interested, mail me. I'm still in 2 minds on watching it myself.

Just give me a shout here, I don't check the account regularly. 

dbdraad.ruckers@gmail.com 

You need to Log in to reply.