1. Pierre Schoeman

2. Grobelaar

3. Wilco Louw

4. Jason Jenkins

5. RG Snyman

6. v Staaden

7. Jacques du Plessis

8. Marcel Coetzee

16.JJ Kotze 17. Matanzima 18. Klopper 19. Ruan Nortje 20. Liebenberg 21. Papier 22. Bosch 23. Vorster

SHARKS:

15. Fassi

14. Mapimpi

13. Am

12. Esterhuizen

11. Tambwe

10. Pollard

9. Hendrikse

1. Ox

2. Mbonambi

3. Thomas du Toit

4. Etzebeth

5. Lood

6. Kolisi

7. JL du Preez

8. Dan du Preez

16. Jooste 17. Mchunu 18. Koch 19. David Ribbans 20. Emmanuel Tsituka 21. Williams 22. Chamberlain 23. Odendaal

STORMERS:

15. Gelant

14. Zas

13. Janse v Rensburg

12. Willemse

11. Senatla

10. Libbok

9. Jantjies

1. Kitshoff

2. Dweba

3. Malherbe

4. Paul Willemse

5. JD Schickerling

6. Kwagga

7. PSDT

8. Roos

16. Hugo Venter 17. Nqoboko 18. Marcel vd Merwe 19. Andre Smith 20. Dayamani 21. Ivan v Zyl 22. Robert du Preez 23. Xamlashe

LIONS:

15. Willie

14. Duhan vd Merwe

13. Henco v Wyk

12. de Allende

11. Kolbe

10. Jantjies

9. Faf

1. Gerhard Steenkamp

2. Aker vd Merwe

3. Sadie

4. Ruben Schoeman

5. Ruben v Heerden

6. Buthelezi

7. Vincent Tsituka

8. Wiese

16. JJ Wessels 17. Boan Venter 18. Jonker 19. Ruan Botha 20. Notshe 21. v d Bergh 22. Lombard 23. Marius Louw

CHEETAHS:

15. Andries Coetzee

14. Dyantyi

13. Dan du Plessis

12. Rickus Pretorious

11. Moodie

10. Hendrikse

9. Nohamba

1. Ollie Kebble

2. Marx

3. Nyakane

4. Moerat

5. Walt Steenkamp

6. Dylan Richardson

7. Elrigh Louw

8. Jaco Coetzee

16. v Vuuren 17. Sithole 18. Frans v Wyk 19. Lourens Erasmus 20. Ackerman 21. Reinach 22. Mgomezulu 23. Similane

Jan 05, 2023, 08:42

Pollard for the Sharks?

I would be in two minds about that one if it were a reality.

I had high hopes for Handre Pollard. I thought he could be the next Henry Honiball, only with a good boot as well.

Sadly, he hasn't really taken the many chances he's been given and he's become . . . well . . . ordinary.

That said, he still kicks a lot less than a lot of other SA flyhalves so I'd be happy enough from that point of view.

Also, why would you take Rohan JvR away from the Sharks and give him to the Stompies? We'll keep him, thanks. Play him at #12. Esterhuizen is an import but, I'd make an exception on my hardline import stance if it came to the Du Preez twins who I would have back in a heartbeat. If I can't have them, I'll take Pepsi Buthelezi back after you generously gave him to the Lions.

Jan 05, 2023, 13:11

I like your squads, yes, it is frightening to think how good some of our players are. 

You forgot Tyrone Green, one of the best fullbacks in the Prem, but injured and haven't featured much. 

Pollard is a WP boy, so he should come back to WP, so is Etzebeth. I would rather have the players go back to their unions. So Kwagga back to the Lions. 

Imagine Van Rensburg with Henco, super lethal. Andries Coetzee has been instrumental for the lions and can alternate with Green. Lombardi and Hendrikse are solid 10's and can fight it out. 

Bosch of the sharks is an enigma, can be really lethal but also awful.  

I also see you put Malcolm Marx with the Cheetahs. I think if the lions could get players like Marx, Kwagga and Green back their squad would already be a lot better. 

What about Robert Du Preez, been on fire for Sale, although a few loose passes has led to intercept tries. But still, performing at the highest level. 

It just shows that we have the talent to easily field 5 or even 6 teams that can compete against the French teams. 

I was hoping that the cheetahs can somehow find their back to the URC, my 2nd favourite team. 

They have produced so many wonderful boks over the years only for the bulls and sharks to poach most of their players. 

Jan 05, 2023, 23:04

Yeah chaps there was not much thought thrown into who was playing for who, I stuck to the script a little but just added names as they came to me

We would have 5 shit hot sides if everyone was home

Jan 06, 2023, 02:36

So Mostert's not only, too kak to make the Bokke,  according to ouDawie, he's not good enough to make the bench for ANY of our teams either.

You're an idjit, ouDawie

Jan 06, 2023, 02:49

Blob what part of me not rating Mostert at all do you not comprehend you plank

Jan 06, 2023, 03:07

He is not an idiot Blobbok, he is...

Jan 06, 2023, 03:12

Grow up Doos this is not play school you sad excuse

Jan 06, 2023, 05:54

ouDawie tjy wietie watte

Jan 06, 2023, 14:25

First thing first: this list highlights the situation of SA rugby that must be hidden behind the comedy of the non existing quota policy.

It is quite difficult to name a full squad made of SA quota people. All these teams are in fact an Apartheid 2.0 version.

And that is just line ups. It is very likely that the whole surroundings (coaches, educators, club owners etc) exhibit the same feature: non participation of the local population (that may prefer to go swimming though as shown by a well spread video)

Another remark: these days, people invert.

SA rugby over produce players, way beyond their capability to hire them. If ever SA rugby had to retain that number of players, it would be exposed.There would way fewer players.

Jan 06, 2023, 15:00

O fck-off Trad, if you're to lazy to verify the actual facts first, it's no use discussing anything with you.

Jan 11, 2023, 18:24

Fact checking on this board that peddles the tale of a quota policy. Gross.

As for the rest, the list speaks for itself. SA rugby struggle to name a full squad made of quota players.

You need to Log in to reply.