Illusion

Forum » Rugby » Illusion

May 11, 2021, 02:54

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/the-notion-that-the-springboks-are-the-worlds-best-is-nothing-more-than-an-illusion-at-this-point/

Very well summed up.

May 11, 2021, 03:26

except he fails to mention that the Boks are also in the first spot in the IRB rankings, in addition to being current IRB world champions. 

May 11, 2021, 05:32

Hi there CleanCut:O

May 11, 2021, 07:40

except he fails to mention that the Boks are also in the first spot in the IRB rankings, in addition to being current IRB world champions.

That was mentioned throughout the article.

You may find out soon - if the Lions actually tour.

Somehow I think South Africa will screw that up and the tour will be cancelled.  

May 11, 2021, 10:11

Aussiewinner could be Voldemort, Bedpan, Sonnybill or DumbAss...not so Rooi...Hahaha.

Need the Mole discerner from NZ, Justwin back to tell us. The posters here cannot discern moles...

I don't think it's CC...it's not his style.

May 11, 2021, 10:28

Or he could simply be a new poster from Australia . . .

May 11, 2021, 13:37

possible.

"I don't think it's CC...it's not his style."

Really?

Except for the fact that he's been caught out twice.....both by yours truly.

May 11, 2021, 13:45

It does not get much better than being the number 1 ranked country in the world, while also winning the world cup. 

If that does not qualify the best team in the world, then what else does? 

May 11, 2021, 17:27

The point of the article is that the Boks were not dominant before the World Cup final, and they haven't defended their title with so much as a single test. These are relevant points. Had the Boks taken on a challenge and won, they'd have set a marker down for the WC final not being an anomally. Again, fair and reasonable point. Boasting about being the best without one title defence, when other sides have bren playing, against difficult circumstances, rings hollow. Until the Boks play again, we don't know how good they are. The longer the wait, the greater the pressure and the harder the challenge. The Boks are in danger of making themselves irrelevant and falling behind the times. The long term ramifications for avoiding rugby could be quite severe.

This quote sums the situation up perfectly:

"They have basked in that glory for as long as you could have asked. But the world's best team isn't one that last played in 2019. Time doesn't stand still for anyone." 

May 11, 2021, 17:47

Trouble really is, you guys are mostly neurotic, moles are part of nature, like pop-ups that occur often here...moles always pop up too once the lawn has been cut.

May 11, 2021, 18:21

"possible.

"I don't think it's CC...it's not his style."

Really?

Except for the fact that he's been caught out twice.....both by yours truly.'

LOL...CC is having the last laugh...no wonder he beat you at chess.

CC is not a double agent, more likely a triple one. :D

May 11, 2021, 20:14

AO

You are totally clueless and indeed a Kindergarten Imbecile.     /   

May 11, 2021, 21:49

SA went from seventh in the world to first in the IRB rankings.
Rassies first year was average, but he had a very strong second year. 

Also given the All Blacks have been the best team for some time,
South Africa won the 2019 4 Nations. 

Winning the 4 nations and the world cup in the same year is as good as it can get,
plus also taking away the IRB rankings lead from the All Blacks. 

May 11, 2021, 21:53

Omelette is toooooo fucking stupid to work out that moving from 7th to 1st within 18 months and winning the RC and WC along the way is one hell of an achievement

Anyone who is unable to acknowledge this very obvious fact is profoundly fucking stupid - Fact

May 11, 2021, 22:13

2018, an inferior record to 2017. Timescale wiped out. The three key wins were the win over the worst Wallaby side in 45 years, the win over an injury hit Welsh side in the semi and then England in the final. Double ranking points in the world cup. Herr Unteromlett, it's you who can't grasp these very simple facts. As the article states: the best team in the world today is not a team who last played in 2019. If you cannot understand that, then entropy has been more unkind to you than I had anticipated. 

May 12, 2021, 00:14

As I said - omelette you are profoundly fucking stupid and that’s a fact

May 12, 2021, 01:05

New Poster - Simple as that.

No one is arguing that the Boks have done well - But it is all in the passed and due to South Africa's effort during Covid - The boks have not played any tests so the passed is irrelevant.

May 12, 2021, 01:07

Typical - When you South Africans don't like a comment - You get nasty - it is in the nature - Hopeless - You lot bite every time - Little wonder the country is (I will leave it to you to work out).

May 12, 2021, 02:01

Aussie Whinner who got nasty, at least to you? None that I can see was directed at you, at least not yet!

In 2019 Rassie sent his A-team to New Zealand one week before this Test match,
while he remained in SA and coached the B-team to an easy victory against the Wallabies.

Our B-team beat Argentina and the Australians 1st choice teams. 
How many teams can field a B team, with a bench that was C-team- and beat first choice test teams. 

The 2020 form of the Wallabies was let's just say, more of the same.

Argentina was made to look great, and that tournament without the mighty Boks was a second-rate tournament.  

New coach, but same problems.
The Wallaby tight five probably wouldn't even be able to out scrum our cheerleaders. Most are not test standard, and the loosies are nothing special. 

A good backline, but always playing behind the 8-ball. 

May 12, 2021, 02:10

HEHEHEHE.

You bite so well.

May 12, 2021, 04:56

I think you take yourself and the Boks far to seriously.

We don't.

And wrong - The Wallabies are a joke. 

May 12, 2021, 11:20

Who are we?

May 12, 2021, 11:29

You refer to yourself as Aussie Winner, and you claim we take ourselves too seriously. 

When last have Australia won a world cup, or even been contenders? Or been top in the IRB ratings etc, etc. Australia were once a great rugby nation, but nowadays the likes of Scotland are better.

SA may have peaked already, and who knows maybe a new rebuilding is needed.
England finished second in the World Cup, but the wheels fell of in the 6 nations.

May 12, 2021, 11:41

We are stil in a good place. Without checking, only Beast retired and Thor, Willie and Mapimpi might need replacement before the next RWC...the rest of the players in the team are still rather young?

May 12, 2021, 12:12

1 Beast 1985
2 Bongi 1991
3 Frans 1991
4 Eben 1991
5 Lood 1992
6 Kolisi 1991
7 PSDT 1992
8 Thor 1986
9 Faf 1991
10 Pollard 1994
11 DdA 1991
12 Am 1993
13 Mapimpi 1990
14 Kolbe 1993
15 Willie 1989

16 Marx 1994
17 Kitsie 1992
18 Koch 1990
19 RG Snyman 1995
20 Mostert 1990
21 Jantjies 1996
22 Fransie 1987

May 12, 2021, 12:19

Wow, 1991 and 1992 were good years.

May 12, 2021, 16:26

I do like this comment...’the passed is irrelevant’....hahaha. If it were deliberate that might almost be clever.

May 12, 2021, 17:02

As for the article, it makes much the same argument I have made on here. The Boks did get a lucky schedule, they did lose against the ABs, they hardly scraped by Wales.

But they had a great final. Or rather a great second half of the final, because in truth England had much more of the game in the first half but failed to make it count.

In the second half the Boks were able to exploit some school boy errors on the part of England along  with the inexplicably weak English scrum. But they did that clinically and the defence was fearsome. It was in totality the best Springbok performance since the Lions series in 2009......but it was one half of rugby.

So more than for most WC winners the Boks needed to confirm their win with a great 2020. I believe fear of  not doing that was part of our decision not to compete.....and to me it is totally consistent with Erasmus’ history.

So the Lions series looms huge for the Boks. Beat the Lions and all these suspicions are quashed. Lose and the WC win will be a footnote in history.

As the author says, time doesn’t stand still and Covid was an excuse to compete without stigma if you failed....we turned it into a chicken run which will be the narrative if we lose.

We should have gone out there and competed like all other rugger nations. Like WC winners reveling  in the freedom of competition in the midst of the Crisis.....if ever there was a time when competing was more important than winning it was 2020. 

May 12, 2021, 19:50

"We should have gone out there and competed like all other rugger nations"

The ones that didn't want to postpone it by just a week or two to accommodate us...our "friends" who kicked us out of Super Rugby after 25 years? Nah, they can shove off untill they can respect us as friends...equals, not subservient tag-alongs.

PS: they tried to bully us into accepting a disadvantaged position...good on Rassie and SA Rugby for not falling for a sucker-punch.

May 12, 2021, 22:29

Where was the South African guts and honour these past twenty years? Now that we sit out of rugby for over a year we got the good end of the deal? South Africa has a hard enough time learning when they are involved, how much worse skipping school? And that when they were flunking before hand! Lets not kid ourselves, South Africa is at a disadvantage now. Rugby is moving on without us. Had we left SANZAR for a commitment to play up north I'd be saging something quite different. The putrid garbage that is super rugby is one of the key factors in the unskilled generic players we produce, who can't pin down one position. But rather that than nothing. To have our SH rivals continue without us is a disgrace! And then to keep waving the 2019 RWC banner as if it's still relevant, a #1 ranking backed up by nothing. It's typical South African braggard behaaviour. I know where it ends, it always ends in the same place. That's oh so South African. 

May 12, 2021, 23:07

Everybody found a way to play. We didn’t, because we didn’t want to ....it’s as simple as that.

May 12, 2021, 23:16

So Moz clearly your mate Jake was wrong in saying there was no way we should have competed in the RC?

May 12, 2021, 23:41

So Dave was CJ Stampkar eligible for the Lions or not.

May 13, 2021, 00:23

Nope as he said he was retiring from test rugby after the 6N and returning to SA on completion of the Munster season

His words not mine

So was Jake wrong?

May 13, 2021, 00:59

These were his words....and you are right they differ markedly from your’s:

“I will be available to represent Munster until 27 June 2021 when my contract expires, and, for International duty, until the end of the mid-year Test window.”

May 13, 2021, 10:34

That is not what he said in his TV interview at the end of his last match for Ireland

The Lions series is past mid year

Now what’s your take on Jake supporting the non RC participation?

Is it still - because it was Jake he was just saying the right thing, being diplomatic and all that?

But when it comes to Rassie it’s all about the chicken run?

Reality is not adding up here Moz, despite your attempted Jake spin, which is about as convincing as Morne being a great 10

May 13, 2021, 12:59

Unteromlett, why don't you calm down and have a few of your favourite pies from Greggs. There's a good lad.

May 13, 2021, 17:36

Here Dave ....right off Stampkar’s social media site:

https://www.planetrugby.com/shock-as-ireland-and-munsters-cj-stander-to-retire-at-end-of-pro14-season/

Middle of the Year tests included the Lions tour.....as O Driscoll and countless other journalists said.

Stamp was not selected, but was available.

May 13, 2021, 21:49

Disagree Moz, he says nothing about being available for the Lions and the Lions series is in July.

Mid year ends in June

But to be fair even if he was available and not selected, let’s face it Gatland has made some howler selections none more so than excluding James Ryan, Sinckler and Sexton, not to mention including the likes of Conan, George, Hill and Daly

May 13, 2021, 23:17

Even if he was available and not selected.....yes, even if.

May 13, 2021, 23:22

Could Aussie Winner be Trad....somewhat similar style.

May 13, 2021, 23:29

I’m still waiting on your take on Jake and not playing in the RC?

May 14, 2021, 06:29

Trad fits.

May 14, 2021, 10:42

Testing : Hoe gaan dit in Kolmanskop," Aussie " :'(

May 14, 2021, 10:58

:D:D:D

May 14, 2021, 13:01

https://www.ruckersforum.com/forum/rugby/clever-mike-and-traditionalist/26445

https://www.ruckersforum.com/forum/rugby/suggestion-of-a-name-for-the-sa-team/25812

Is this Aussie ?"

I really think so.

This forum has had it's fair share of moles...

I think so but the most funny thing about those old posts is Lurker ( Augenoffner, Alucard, Dessert Fox, Sun Tzu, Gonzo the Great ) is greeted by Just Win, Mike, Bluebok and even Xavi as a new poster...Hahahahaha.

Lurker is the best name for you...the most honest, if that's indeed possible.

Trad has been absent for some time

AO you should have kept the name Lurker because it's the most suitable.

May 14, 2021, 16:03

I'm the original Seb. You'll never guess. 

May 14, 2021, 16:21

Dave I have told you before Jake had to support the status quo or risk another huge political storm. He obviously decided that it would be too divisive.

But I gather you now admit Stampkar has finally been exposed and was passed over for a Lions’ berth.

May 14, 2021, 19:40

Ah so because it was Jake he was just following the status quo but Rassie did the chicken run?

WOW

Nope at no point have I said CJ was available, I stand by what he himself said at the end of his last match for Ireland and as your quote evidences - tests until mid year = June, the Lions series is at the end of July

It’s that simple.

May 14, 2021, 20:35

No....Jake had no impact on playing, so he punted, he had other fish to fry. Erasmus was the architect of the chicken run.

As for you saying Stamp was not available despite guys like BOD saying he was...here are the Bookmakers odds on April24.

Locks

Maro Itoje (1/10), Alun Wyn Jones (1/8), James Ryan (1/7), Tadhg Beirne (1/4), Iain Henderson (4/6)

Back row

Taulupe Faletau (1/5), Tom Curry (2/9), Hamish Watson (1/4), Justin Tipuric (1/4), CJ Stander (1/3), Josh Navidi (4/7)

Now there is no way they would be offering 1/3 on Stamp if he was not available.

Stand by Stamp if you like, but I’m afraid you are in line for Pig Headed call of the year. ....oink, oink.

May 14, 2021, 20:35

So Stamp made his retirement announcement on March 16....on April 24, the Bookmakers were still offering odds on him. Oink! Oink!

May 14, 2021, 21:11

Your take on Jake is an absolute joke. He said it as it is

Of course the bookmakers and BOD knew better than CJ himself - of course

But your take on Jake and the RC is priceless

May 14, 2021, 22:29

My take on Jake is what he was really thinking, nobody knows ....but Stampkar is a fact, he said he was available through the mid year tests ie the Lions tour:

Odds stacked against Stander for Lions recall

May 15, 2021, 00:01

Your take on Jake is the biggest load of shit I have read in ages - it has everything to do with the fact you can’t stand the fact that Jake correctly supported the decision taken by SA rugby and Rassie not to play in the RC making a mockery of your chicken run call

As for CJ find me a quote by CJ saying he was available for Lions selection. Not what some journalist or bookie said.

Last I checked the end of July was after mid year June but hey ho

May 15, 2021, 00:57

Yes and June is before mid year, so by your definition they have to play at the stroke of midnight on June 30th.....oink, oink!

May 15, 2021, 01:09

And his club mate thinks he will be playing for the Lions.....

Munster flanker Peter O'Mahony, who returns from a three-match suspension this weekend, has backed his club-mate to enjoy a summer swansong with Warren Gatland's Lions.

"I'm not a selector - I'm not going to sit here and select him for the Lions - but he's playing incredible rugby. He'll put his best foot forward, as he always does," O'Mahony said of Stander.

"He shows up every week and plays with his heart on his sleeve. He plays hard, plays fair and he will put his right hand up in the air for that selection, certainly."

He will put his right hand up says O’Mahony....oink.oink.

May 15, 2021, 05:35

Hoe gaan dit in Kolmanskop

I have absolutely no idea what it means.

And being honest I have no interest in what it means. 

May 15, 2021, 08:08

May 15, 2021, 09:05

At least "the lokaas" shows he definitely is not Trad...this is definitely an Outback Bogan.

May 15, 2021, 10:02

Nope

May 15, 2021, 11:08

Mozart

This chicken run story was made up by you and you still have no proof that Erasmus was involved and  deciding on the suspension of  test rugby in 2020.   It is really childish and stupid to carry on with a stupid refrain.  .  

The other tripe you wrote is that the English dominated the first half - but what was the score at halftime.    For the first ten minutes the English was on the defense and never crossed the halfway line.   Then a even steven situation developed where the  play was mostly around the halflime until minute 29 when there was a sustained attack on the tryline that produced  three points and lasted about 5 minutes.    In the last 7 minutes  the  Springboks attacked  again and gained the six points lead they had at halftime .    Why don't you think before making garbage statements on site.    

May 15, 2021, 15:09

Its so bizarre seeing Dr Moz and poor Organhuffer imploding over Erasmus. Their insane hatred of Rassie has only been fueled by Rassie's outstanding success. Neither Rassie nor the players get credit. World player of the year Du Toit is useless as is the very fine center Allende

Talk about Trump Derangement Syndrome!!! e now have Rassie Derangement Syndrome!

If only Dr Moz had accepted what I told him many years ago, when Rassie was the player coach of Free State and won the Currie Cup, that Rassie was a genius coach he would not have gotten into this pickle. Poor Orhanhuffer has marched over the cliff with Dr Moz. Organhuffer is weirder as the days go by

We hope the good Doctor soon regains his composure, sanity and sound judgment as we have far too many ignorant loons posting here already! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

May 15, 2021, 17:13

Rassie's record of mediocrity with the Stormers, reducing them to a blunt defensive basher side that annually finished bottom of the log for attacking output. Low and behold he implements the same model at test level and regresses the Boks. Lauded for a 2018 that was worse than 2017. Why? 2019? Beat the worst Wallaby side in 45 years, beat an injury ravaged Welsh side and then beat England (our best matchup of the NH sides). Where are the fingerprints of the Rassie genius? I only see Nienaber. Now Rassie is the best Bok coach of all time, now the 2019 Boks are better than 2007? Rassie is the first white quota coach. Lucky draw and lots of input from his modest pal Nienaber.

As for Damian and Steph. I have all of their games. Show me when and where their greatness can be found. We've gone this root so many times and each and every instance video scrutiny comes to the fore, the Church of Rassie, Steph and Damian come crashing to the ground. Produce one bit of evidence. The floor is yours... 

May 15, 2021, 20:49

HasBeen you are as clueless about Erasmus as you are about vaccinations.  One game doesn’t change a thing.....absent the final we had a mediocre WC. And the final was more about how bad the Poms were. Hell they couldn’t even scrum.

May 16, 2021, 00:54

I said find me a quote from CJ himself saying he was available for Lions selection - it’s that simple

I heard his post match interview saying he was retiring from test rugby and playing out his Munster season

Last I checked the end of June was mid year - fact

Oink oink

May 16, 2021, 01:13

Gatland comments give insight as to why CJ Stander missed Lions call1 week ago

Gatland comments give insight as to why CJ Stander missed Lions call

Oink, oink!

May 16, 2021, 01:16

The mid year tests are the NH teams playing in the SH winter.....it’s as simple as that. Face it your small prop just never made the cut.

May 16, 2021, 02:20

May 16, 2021, 12:24

Hahahahahaha Mozzzzzz. The whole world of rugby are against what you and poor organhuffer are saying. Boks voted Rugby side of the year, Du Toit player of the year and Rassie coach of the year. Forgive me if I don't follow you and poor organhuffer over the cliff. Bwahahahahahahhaahaha

As for the gene therapies every day proves their dangers. Follow the science Mozzzzz/ I will post more material to help you along. That said I sincerely hope you never had the real  Vaxx and will not get ill and die etc.

May 16, 2021, 12:57

Beeno, surely you can see...Organpuffer, Moz, Saf and Mike might differ in choices but they have one thing in common...they will never admit they are wrong sometimes...sometimes Mike does but the other 3 are perfect, at least in their own minds. To surrender their opinions...never.

They are now gloating (not Saf) that the Hapless Guppies were over whelmed by the charging buffalo's herded by their master, the snake charmer and his avid pupil Morne.:D 

Well done, Bulls.

The Sharks were shocking and disorientated...lost their game in their mindsets...faders of note.

Sadly this might throw an imbalance to future selections for the Br/I Tour selectors of Bokke, and might give rebirth to the olde style of play and selections.

Methinks we have seen this scenario before...yes indeed , perhaps too many.

May 16, 2021, 13:22

There's a big difference between me, Unteromlett and Lügnerin: I provide an open platform for a person to state their case. I've brought an extraordinary amount of material to the table over the years and I'm not going to yield to personal attacks or because "everybody thinks so". Chabal, whenever I have requested your evidence that supposedly refutes what I say, you disappear. Each and every time. It's like you want to take to task, but you can't, so you appear in another thread and just make remarks about the person, but not the argument. Why is that? You say I think I'm perfect? How can you prove this? How do you know what I think of myself? Must I be weak so you can feel better about yourself, or are you going to front up and take on the challenge of the debate? I don't rip a person's character, I go for the argument. 

May 16, 2021, 13:37

Oh dear...so serious. Nevermind...don't worry about me...I'm just a very ordinary poster who enjoys rugby and what I see on the scoreboard and trust opinions of actual rugby internationals and experts more than I do mine.

It reminds of dear old "Snoekbek..."we won on the field of play, but not on the scoreboard....Hahahaha.

Lovely stuff, adds spice to the game.

May 16, 2021, 17:40

Chabal best you don’t raise the question of flyhalves.....you were the major Lambie bleater on here. I told you he was a good defensive fullback in the Halfpenny mold. But you insisted, when the poor little chap simply didn’t have a clue.

He always looked best in his first game at 10....and in that game he looked best in the first 10 minutes. It was always downhill with Lambie. He wasn’t fit to tie Morne’s boot laces as a10.

May 16, 2021, 19:01

Mozarrt has diverted  attention  away from where I pointed out he wrote garbage about what happened in the final.    Unfortunately he is delusional when it came to the Springbok  win in that test - which bearing in mind his attacks on Erasmus  and some of the key players - must have been a huge disappointment for him.

Mozart - let me repeat again Morne was not a flyhalf's  backside and he was indeed the poorest Springbok flyhalf  I have ever seen,    He had no game plan and a very poor out of hand kicking game - he never attacked the gain line and stood too deep in the pocket  to allow for any reasonable backline attack.   He was dropped from the Springbok set-up  necause he was a total loss bad when he returned under Coetzee was a total disaster,   Stade Francais found out enough that he was a failure and used him as their bench flyhalf.        

As to the Kindegarten Imbecile -  he does not even know when Erasmus coached the Stormers and that says it all.            

May 16, 2021, 19:01

Lambie was best at Fullback...I tend to agree...afterall that's where he played at the beginning of his rugby career...he was very talented. I've never denied Morne was effective at times but he dipped in France but he is effective at times with the Bulls type of game as was Naas Botha..But not the type who constantly sets the game alight.

I have respect for him and not like other posters and ignore those posts that disrespect him.

. But give me flyhaves like Dan Carter, Thierry Le Croix, Nicholas Sanchez, Hugo Porta and Phil Bennett mould every time. 

Just difference...different styles one prefers. Morne played a lot of games, perhaps because other choices of 10's were limited at certain times.

Really brilliant flyhalves are rare, plenty of reasonably good ones are around and mediocre ones are a dime a dozen.

May 16, 2021, 19:23

There are very few flyhalves today who are effective ball in  hand. Pollard who Tokkie claimed was a Morne clone is one of the few against really tight defenses.

There are lots of flyhalves who are happy playing the phases....passing the ball. Morne wasn’t one of those....he built pressure through field position. But when the space was there he released the backline with  width and timing....see the 2013 AB test.

May 16, 2021, 19:52

Kicking and handing ball  possession to the  opposing team. put which team to be under pressure?

May 16, 2021, 20:16

An old post of my old school, the fly half factory...Joel and Butch were cultivated here.

I'm not boasting but am proud and privileged to have been there.

Apologise...The quality is poor...the game 1985 against Grey Bloem.

I know Joel irritates Moz by his voice but he is Jewish...it's the way he speaks but he and Butch are great guys and friendly and accommodating to share rugby experiences and answer questions and opinions. Knew Butch's dad too...he played soccer for Maritzburg NFL side.

https://youtu.be/pc7Vc38Ki-8

May 16, 2021, 20:52

Morné had very few poor tests for the Boks or games for the Bulls. He was solid in all areas of flyhalf play, he just played for "the wrong" union. Lambie didn't have much in terms of skills or athleticism, but he was a calm figure under the high ball at 15 and could clear his lines effectively (he didn't have a big kicking game).

Where Pollard excels is his physicality in contact. Lambie, Goosen et al never had physicality or explosiveness into contact. He has had a tendency to run and take contact too often, and struggled to control a game tactically, but he was clearly talented. 

May 16, 2021, 21:12

Pollard is the best we have and ranks high up on the world stage. I believe we cannot beat the Lions without him....and the scrumhalf that fits in with him best, is Faf.

We must just hope he is not injured. 

May 16, 2021, 22:48

Faf is expendable. His skills are very poor. We don't need Pollard, as we don't play off our 10. 95% of what Pollard does ball in hand is get ball behind a POD and passes to the playmaker behind the next POD or the connector between the two. We can plug in almost anyone else to do that. The gameplan simply isn't built for more. 

May 16, 2021, 22:58

I see no Gatland comments about CJ and your take on mid year tests is a load of utter shit

Oink oink

May 17, 2021, 00:10

This from the local press in Limerick:

‘CJ Stander faces stiff competition for a starting place from Wales star Taulupe Faletau but the 31 year-old nonetheless looks very likely to make the wider squad. Stander signed off his Ireland career with a high-quality Six Nations campaign and has remained at the heart of both Munster and Ireland’s greatest days since his last Lions tour. Selection would see Stander finish his career in poetic fashion back on South African soil where it all started.’

If Stamp signed off his Irish career with the 6 Nations.  But his own words were that he was available for the  mid year tests. What tests could those be if they didn’t include the Irish National team. 

That’s right only the Lions.  All Lions tests are mid year tests...  Oink, Oink, Oink!

Stay down Dave, you are looking pretty foolish.

May 17, 2021, 00:25

Unteromlett is a very stubborn breed of Dummkopf :D

May 17, 2021, 03:26

If ever there was aa one-dimensional flyhjalf it was Morne,   Totally clueless and  totally predictable.    So Morne played for the wrong team?    Sure he did - he was so useless at Stade Francais that he because their bench-playing flyhalf,    When  a fgme was ibn doubt they would never bring him on.   I remember a game where Stade Francais had a try bonus point.     He buggered up so badly when he came on  that the  opposing team scored a try and eliminated the bonus point.    just a question before we have  a drama on site, do you know how the bonus  poit system worked in French club rugby?           

May 17, 2021, 05:18

But he was MOM on Saturday playing for a South African team that knows how to use his talents.Who cares about the Frogs.

May 17, 2021, 09:01

Morné was good in France. I actually watched a number of his games. They won big games with him at 10. The Frog who was supposedly better still has that loss to Krasny Yar hanging over his head (the one Lügnerin saw Morné "bugger up" without being present in the starting lineup or the bench). :D

May 17, 2021, 09:11

I rewatched  the game and their was om incident where he did  make a pass  with a huge overlap on  his  outside leading to a try being scored,    The match was won when in the second half the Bulls forwards got the upper hand  and started scoring forward tries.   The only exceptions were the try I referred  to already and another scored by the replacement  flyhalf  Smith.

So it is crazy season open again.    Two weeks ago when De Allende got the MOM in a match - you derided the MOM story - but  when  Steyn got one it was the real thing.    Morne  is still the same as he always was - in a competitive game he remains a match loser.  

By the way White has huge amount of money provided by the Bulls owners to contract players and  he onviously o not regard Steyn of longterm value,   Steyn entered into a one year contract when he returned  froim France last year and the contract is up during this year,    White has already contracted Goosen as flyhalf and there is yet no indication that Steyn/s contract will be renewed.                 

May 17, 2021, 09:27

Kindergarten Imbecile 

Your watching of games is not at all relevant - either you lie about games or  you did not watch the games at all and write garbage about what happened,    If  Morne was any good. why was he and Alberts on the next plane to SA  after the Meyer disaster was fired by Stade Francais?    Remember Stade was very relieved to get rid of Morne and he was going  to Brieve before Meyer was appointed at Stade - but then Meyer convinced  him to stay at Stade,  As clueless Meyer was as coach at Stade - so useless was Steyn at Stade.             

May 17, 2021, 10:18

There's delusional, then there's nutjob delusional and then there's this . . .

"I've brought an extraordinary amount of material to the table over the years . . ."

LMAO!

First off, Omlett, self-praise is no praise at all and secondly, what you have "brought to the table" over the years has been the biggest pile of steaming drivel that only a complete rugby noob might post . . . like your statement that the only thing a flyhalf has to do is pass the ball to his #12 . . . or your idea of playing Skulk at flyhalf . . . or Zane Kirchner is better than Israel Folau . . . or your insane hatred of Pat Lambie and other world class players . . . or your laughable claim that the Springboks road to the RWC2007 final was so tough . . . seriously, have you ever been right about anything rugby related? Even once?

Even ou Maaik and Baboon-ou know more about rugby than Omlett . . . and that is saying something! 

May 17, 2021, 11:22

Moz is that your best shot some journalists from the local post?

The only person needing to stay down is you, because you have searched the internet long and hard to find evidence telling us CJ was available for the Lions series.

I asked for evidence from CJ himself or Gatland giving reason for not selecting him and you have come up with zero. Who is looking stupid here?

I’m going by what CJ said in his emotional interview after his last game for Ireland. He said that was his last test, for he was retiring from international rugby and that the only rugby he would be playing was for Munster till the end of their season.

Ding dong

May 17, 2021, 11:27

LOL...that's a bit cruel but funny too.

A table full of  unsightly indigestible rugby "food" that nobody can  eat...thank goodness you are not a chef.

Organpuffer means well and tries hard and is not  a nasty person. But yes, nobody wants to sit at the table...sadly all your preparation is in vain. Quite sad, really.

Rooi you have to love the omelette self praise for he is not going to get it from anyone on here.

The most ignorant rugby follower ever, closely followed by Moz.

Don’t forget Schreuder at 9 and de Wet Barry at 12. Butch better than Pollard.

Mapoe our best 13!!!!

It’s priceless

Rooi you have to love the omelette self praise for he is not going to get it from anyone on here.

The most ignorant rugby follower ever, closely followed by Moz.

Don’t forget Schreuder at 9 and de Wet Barry at 12. Butch better than Pollard.

Mapoe our best 13!!!!

It’s priceless

May 17, 2021, 11:51

Dave 

The problem is that by the time the Lions series kick in Stander would have no contract with any UK or Ireland Club - which makes it rather impossible to  select him for the Lions series.    How do you select anybody for any test side if he has NO  contract with any club at all.   

I know SA can do it - because the contracts signed provides for release of club players when needed by the Springboks - but that does not apply to the UK, Ireland and French Club Rugby,    Any player selected for international duty must have a professional contract - there is no case where any player was ever selected without a contract somewhere in the rugby hierarchy,     .       

May 17, 2021, 12:06

It has nothing to do with contracts and everything to do with CJ retiring from test rugby at the end of the 6N

From the horses mouth, not from baseless opinions of reporters etc

It’s what he said

May 17, 2021, 12:38

This is what was brought to the table recently.

May 17, 2021, 21:10

Stampkar said he was retiring and it was his last Irish test.....AND....Stampkar said he was available for mid year tests. 

Now Dave nominate the team he was available for....just the name is sufficient. If you like consult “clever’ Mike who seems to be mentally on the same page as you.

Just the name of the team he was going to play for....that’s all we need.

May 17, 2021, 22:13

Here comes Unteromlett's moment, where he slams turbo reverse as if he is charging into battle and comes out the victor.

May 17, 2021, 22:24

Oink GIF - Oink - Discover & Share GIFs | Funny pigs, Funny gif, Cute  animals

May 18, 2021, 03:22

Oink!

May 18, 2021, 08:51

Mozart

Name me one test player without a  professional contract anywhere in the world and I would be happily accepting  your delirium.     Forget about Brits  being an example - he was in the team for team building processes - and not for playing purposes - but despite that he did play in games against minions .

By the way -  you  have  not produced any proof  yet that Erasmus was instrumental  in stopping test participation in 2020,    When is that coming?.   

May 18, 2021, 14:01

CJ said nothing about being available for mid year tests in his post match interview.

He said he was retiring from all test rugby, last I checked playing for the Lions constituted a test and he said the only rugby he would be playing was for Munter still the end of the season.

Feel free to provide evidence of CJ saying he was available for the Lions series which takes place past mid year in July or evidence of Gatland giving reasons for not selecting CJ.

At least Mike is on the page, you don’t even make the scrap book.

A simple CJ quote saying he was available for Lions selection will suffice

May 18, 2021, 17:00

He said on his web site that he was available for mid year tests....he said he was finishing his Irish career with the 6 Nations.

So I repeat who was he going to play for in these Mid Year tests.

Just the name of the team.....thanks. Here for ease of reference is the statement:

r/rugbyunion - CJ Stander announces his retirement from all rugby at the end of this season, currently aged 30

May 18, 2021, 18:36

Mozart

I know you find it difficult to give straight answers it any question - name me a single test player without a professional playing contract with a club?      

May 18, 2021, 19:10

Lügnerin, please, this is painful to watch. Stop being a Dummkopf. 

May 18, 2021, 19:11

Until the end of mid year test window would have included the 6N, which he had just completed. The window is from the begging of the year to mid year which is the period within which the 6N is played.

Hope that helps. Geez you are such easy pickings. Hello, a window has a start and end date. Clearly mid year is the end of June ie 6 months. Case closed oink oink

CJ was not available for the Lions series

May 18, 2021, 19:31

Listen  Kindergarten Imbecile 

It is painful to see  such bloody ignorance on your part.   Take the insurance issue.   The Club  insure players against injury in terms of their contract  with the Players.    There are  a limited number of players on national contract - but they are seconded to the clubs  - and he same condition remains.

I a player is injured in a test the national body assist the clubs or franchises with covering their part of the costs,  

The Lions is a combined team of four national teams.  They are not about to have anybody playing for the Lions who are not on contract ad whose medical .insurance are not  covered by their contract with the clubs.   

That is just one of the complications that arise from selection to play - there are others included in the contracts as well.    As from June  2021 Stander has no contract with any club   amd the Luions are not about to take out insurance for an individual player.

Comprehende - dimmist doos ever/                  

May 18, 2021, 23:19

Nope the Six Nations are not the mid year tests.....nor is the Autumn window. The mid year tests are played by NH teams in the SH. Teams like the Lions.

Stampkar was available for Lions selection. Every Newspaper and commentator affirmed that. There was no push back from Stamp or anybody else when it was reported he wasn’t selected. Gatland never set the record straight....nor did Stamp or his family and friends.

He was available and not selected....eat your crow.

May 18, 2021, 23:42

Absolute rubbish. It’s bloody obvious the 6N fell within the NH test window CJ is referring to. That window ends mid year.

You are speaking crap saying every article says he was not selected.

I have asked you for evidence of CJ saying he was available for the Lions series or Gatland himself giving reasons for not selecting CJ. You can’t provide it as it does not exist

CJ in his interview said that last test for Ireland was his last one and that the only rugby he would be playing was for Munster - that’s a fact

CJ was NOT available for selection

Oink oink

May 19, 2021, 01:12

The 2021 mid-year rugby union internationals (also known as the summer internationals in the Northern Hemisphere) are international rugby union matches that are mostly played in the Southern Hemisphere during the July international window.

Series[edit]

EventResultVictor
South Africa v Georgia test series
Australia v France test series
New Zealand v Fiji series
Argentina v Wales test series
South Africa v British & Irish Lions test series

May 19, 2021, 01:16

And CJ said:

r/rugbyunion - CJ Stander announces his retirement from all rugby at the end of this season, currently aged 30He affirmed he will be available for the Lions tour right there....’until the end of the mid-year test window’... And we are told the  ‘mid-year rugby internationals are mostly played in the Southern Hemisphere during the July international window. 

And you can’t make one and one equal two, or rather you don’t want to because that means Stampkar was rejected. No wonder you never made it as a lawyer Dave. You allow immature emotions to rule your thought process. Better off with the pigs hey. .. oink, oink!

May 19, 2021, 03:52

Mozart knows that he is talking shit about the Stander issue as well  as the issue of nor participating in the RC in 2020    He created the stories without regard to fact and when I asked him a critical question about club  and franchise contracts he went quiet  because he cannot admit that he was creating stories he has no idea about.

That happens when hatred of  Erasmus and certain players reached boiling point,   All of this as been going on for 8 years and every time he comes up with issues he has no proof of  be assured it is total BS,       

May 19, 2021, 03:52

Duplication

May 19, 2021, 09:57

Why don't those who think this is important communicate with CJ himself and ask him to quell this argument (he probably would answer you) if i's such an issue here. Would have saved you a lot of wasted time.

May 19, 2021, 12:14

Hi CJ,

Is it true that you retired because you knew you were not going to be selected for the Lions? That Warren Gatland considered you too short, and would only be considered at hookier

Gatland's Lion's loosies can all compete in the lineout, and area of strength for South Africa.
Shortmen cant jump. 

May 19, 2021, 13:17

LOL at the Pop Up trojan

C J Stander
@CJStander
All professional sports people are told “you will know when the time is right to hang up your boots”. It’s a sentiment one cannot fully comprehend until that day arrives. For me, that time has come, and I hereby publicly announce my retirement from all forms of rugby.

May 19, 2021, 13:31

This is what is left of CJ Stander. My guess is that he knew he was not going to be in the Lions squad, and took that opportunity to announce his retirement. 

It is ironic as he left the Bulls because Meyer told him he was too short to play loosie.
Now Gatland is saying the same thing, because he wants all of his loosies to be able to compete at the lineout against the Boks. 

London, UK. 23rd Feb, 2020. CJ Stander of Ireland during Guinness Six  Nations between England and Ireland at Twickenham Stadium, London, England  on 23 February 2020 Credit: Action Foto Sport/Alamy Live News

May 19, 2021, 13:38

All forms of rugby. Finished and klaar!

It is VERY CLEAR that the ONLY exception is TO HONOUR his contract until the END of JUNE with MUNSTER.

He did not add if selected for Br/Ire Lions squad he would change his mind.

He faced the final certain..he did it his way.

May 19, 2021, 19:13

Balls.....he said on his web site he was available for the Mid year tests. FFS Chabal read the string before you comment on it:

r/rugbyunion - CJ Stander announces his retirement from all rugby at the end of this season, currently aged 30

May 19, 2021, 19:14

What a tub of lard Stampkar is....when that guy stops playing rugby look out.

May 19, 2021, 19:46

"Balls.....he said on his web site he was available for the Mid year tests. FFS Chabal read the string before you comment on it:"

He said it on Instagram...on Twitter the part about the mid year tests were left out for some or other odd reason.

May 19, 2021, 20:03

Moz you know sweet fuck all about what I did or did not achieve in my career so shut your ignorant trap

CJ was available until the end of the mid year test window which includes the 6N and has stuff all to do with NH sides playing in the SH in the second half of the year for its during this time that the SH sides tour the NH on end of year tours

The Lions series falls into the second test window of the year. It starts in July and end in December. How stupid are you?

CJ was not available for the Lions and your childish stab at him being a lard is fucking pathetic

May 19, 2021, 20:06

What baffles me is not the different interpretations.....it’s that I literally posted his statement right under his picture, where he says he is available for the mid year tests.

Then you have Dave arguing the mid year tests have to be before June 30th and everybody assuming guys like Brian O Driscoll and every reporter was wrong claiming Stampkar was available.

The truth is elusive on this Board at the best of times, and  this is a slam dunk case. But Chabal got mesmerized with the song ‘I did it my way’.

May 19, 2021, 20:07

Well Dave being a tub of lard yourself I bow to your superior knowledge of obesity.

May 19, 2021, 20:10

From Daily Rugby News.....read and learn Shorty.

The 2021 mid-year rugby union internationals ( summer internationals in the Northern Hemisphere)

The 2021 mid-year rugby union internationals (also known as the summer internationals in the Northern Hemisphere) are international rugby union matches that are mostly played in the Southern Hemisphere during the July international window.

8 May 2021
Spain vs New Zealand Classic All Blacks
Estadio Wanda Metropolitano, Madrid

12 June 2021
England vs Barbarians
Twickenham Stadium, London

26 June 2021
British and Irish Lions British and Irish Lions vs Japan
Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh
26 June 2021
Chiefs New Zealand vs Italy

3 July 2021
Australia vs France

3 July 2021
World XV vs Barbarians
TBA, Singapore
3 July 2021
South Africa vs Namibia
Barnard Stadium, Kempton Park
3 July 2021
New Zealand vs Italy

10 July 2021
Australia vs France

10 July 2021
United States vs England

10 July 2021
New Zealand vs Italy

17 July 2021
Australia vs France

17 July 2021
England vs Scotland
SoFi Stadium, Inglewood, California, United States
24 July 2021
Canada vs England

24 July 2021
Argentina vs Wales

24 July 2021
South Africa vs British and Irish Lions
FNB Stadium, Johannesburg
31 July 2021
Argentina vs Wales

31 July 2021
Cape Town Stadium, Cape Town
31 July 2021
Uruguay vs France French Barbarians
Estadio Charrúa, Montevideo
August
7 August 2021
Ellis Park Stadium, Johannesburg
7 August 2021
Australia vs Japan
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane
7 August 2021
New Zealand vs Fiji
Okara Park, Whangarei
7 August 2021

May 19, 2021, 20:20

Fuck you are a stupid old senile twat

End of the mid year test window ends in June which is when CJ retired from test rugby

Why not man up and provide the evidence of CJ saying he was available for the Lions series old fart

Or your pathetic attempt at telling us Gatland gave reasons for not selecting CJ

Provide the evidence old man

May 19, 2021, 20:26

"Why not man up and provide the evidence..."

That's rich coming from you Unteromlett! 

May 19, 2021, 20:28

Omelette shut the fuck up you worthless prick was I talking to you you cunt

May 19, 2021, 20:29

Did mid year tests include the Br/Ire Lions tour which are in July....the first games are the Sharks on the 7th and Lions the 10th...the first international against SA on 14th.

Meanwhile Ireland Tests are on 6th July against Japan and USA on the 10th July.

I think not, otherwise why would he  be available for those tests at more or less the same time as well. Is he going to play in those tests, I'm not sure. Are these the midsummer tests he is referring to...one can only speculate, as what he said is ambiguous.

It seems a really silly argument unless he clearly stated so...then why is he not playing those tests or is he?...nobody knows...your guess is as good as mine.

Irish Rugby | Ireland Set To Play Japan And USA In July

To me it's appears he was not referring to the Lions  tour...if it was so he would have clarified it.

It's pure assumption and speculation. You or anybody else would have to ask him.

May 19, 2021, 20:34

Exactly Seb but Moz is too stupid to work the obvious out

CJ said the in his post match interview that the test he had just played was his last.

His own words

But alas old moffie who has been bashing CJ all career can’t help but try a feeble last stab at the guy. Childish and pathetic

I’ll go with what CJ actually said himself not what a senile old fart wishes the facts to be

May 19, 2021, 20:36

I’m done with this boring and childish board

May 19, 2021, 21:01

Dave, just relax, take a break if you must, but please be back for the Lions series. It only comes to South Africa once every 12 years...coincidentally every time 2 years after we're crowned world champs...imagine that...

We need some serious rugby to counter the quarrels, it's gonna take a bit of getting used to the current setup. 

PS, although I'm a wee bit taller than you, I'm fatterrer too, so send Moz my way if he starts that sh!t again...:Dcleverer too, but I don't mind:angel:.

May 19, 2021, 21:15

May 19, 2021, 21:21

I’ve always thought you were ‘fatterer’ Draad and the only reason Dave is leaving the Board is because he lost the argument. Look back on the String and see who was getting abusive first....trouble is the short, fat man can dish it out but he can’t take it.

CJ Stander in his own words reproduced above said he was available for the mid year internationals.....a term commonly used for the SH/NH internationals in July as the article attests.

Everybody knew that apart from a few emotional, colloquial fools on here. So go ahead Dave do the chicken run... Loser.

May 19, 2021, 21:27

Then there’s this:

"CJ said he’d even drive the bus for them around South Africa, so he could be on tour"2 weeks ago

"CJ said he’d even drive the bus for them around South Africa, so he could be on tour"

May 19, 2021, 21:29

CJ should have stuck to playing hooker. 
The Lions have limited options at 2, and his height would be less of a disadvantage. 

Given CJ is still relatively young, we can expect to see him at 2 for the Bulls in 2022. He is certainly too short for a Jake White loosie. 

May 19, 2021, 21:30

‘Still, according to Nel, five definite Irish inclusion in the Lions squad. What of CJ Stander's chances?

"I hope so," Nel said. "I really hope he does, and hoping that Duhan van der Merwe also gets in somewhere.

"It would help raise the profile of the guys here. I think CJ’s local knowledge would do wonders, and he’d do fair well.

"I remember I spoke to him a couple of months ago, and he said he’d even drive the bus for them around South Africa so he could be on the tour. To me, he’s a legend. I worked with him, when he was a junior, at the Bulls. If there’s a player that deserves a send-off, it’s probably him."

Stander has already played his final game for Ireland, so it is either the Lions for a Test rugby farewell or that England win, back in March, to look back on fondly.’

May 19, 2021, 21:37

"He is certainly too short for a Jake White loosie. "

Indeed.

May 19, 2021, 21:44

I always thought of him as a small prop but perhaps hooker would work better....but he’s retired from all rugby right? Wink, wink!

May 19, 2021, 22:25

Assuming this actually is true (and he was not considered and misinterpreted)  then he will play once again for Ireland against Japan and USA  on 6th and 10th July according to what was interpreted, if not then when he terminated his rugby playing days, it was immediate?

Is that a reasonable assumption or not or is this very poor communication and reporting and perhaps even misrepresentation??

Looks like it.

May 20, 2021, 00:43

A reasonable assumption is that he wanted to play for the Lions in South Africa.....why wouldn’t he? But that his last test for Ireland was in the 6 Nations. If he’s desperate to go home why would he waltz off on a nothing tour of the USA.

The whole rugby press, all his team mates and big name rugby celebrities like BOD, all had the same story.....he was available but he wasn’t picked. That’s on the one side......on the other side we have those rugby luminaries Saffex, CleverMike and Sebastienchabal. I know who I believe.

May 20, 2021, 05:47

What a way to say good bye...a Lions tour in your home country? Who would say no to that?

May 20, 2021, 06:31

On reflection you're probably right.

It no doubt was a very emotional time for CJ...the ending of a career that lasted 50 Tests for Ireland and his friends he made there...but torn between his family and the need to be with his growing child (or children, not sure) and marriage, he has his priorities spot on.

As you put it and what appears to be vague and ambiguous it probably was due to this and keep one final option open, to play for the Lions in his birth country...it's normal. His deeper feelings he did not obviously want to share and show to public and only shared with those he was closer too, like BOD.

He can be forgiven for not being very explicit to public media.

Speculation and assumptions are often wrong however.

A petty and silly argument. A storm in a teapot.

Anyway CJ, we wish you the very best for the future and happiness and yes, well done.

May 20, 2021, 16:24

Silly certainly....but being honest has a certain value. Just look at the abuse directed at me by Mike and Dave for insisting on the truth....not the hallmark of a healthy Board.

I have no problem with differing opinions....I may argue the point....but anybody is entitled to their opinion. If posters still think Willemse is a test flyhalf fine, I disagree, but I could be wrong.

But Stampkar’s availability isn’t a question of opinion...it’s a fact....proven by his own words, the comments of experts and the fact that the bookies were taking bets on him to make the team. Indisputable. 

So we now ostensibly have a long term poster, who I actually like despite the leg pulling, leaving in a huff because he can’t accept the truth. It’s a strange, strange world Master Jack.

May 20, 2021, 17:50

"So we now ostensibly have a long term poster, who I actually like despite the leg pulling, leaving in a huff because he can’t accept the truth. It’s a strange, strange world Master Jack."

There's nothing else to argue about...and very little rugby ATM...he'll be back as soon as there's  some action again.

May 20, 2021, 19:10

Lügnerin is leaving, again? I feel a song coming on... 

May 21, 2021, 09:16

Why did you not respond to wat I wrote to counter your total ignorance  applicable to professional contracts,    You ran away from that and now come up with further personal BS.    You never come up with  your evaluation about rugby - once when you did you lied about what happened.    Bring us your full assessment on the RWC   in 2019/   Bring it on so that is can be studied and see whether it is real or  BS.   

Fact is you are a coward,  You have been posting on this site for years - every time your BS  are uncovered you ran away from suite and then come back with a new user name.    Why not admit that you had different user names for years and  why the duplicity?       

May 21, 2021, 10:32

Show me where these cowardly evacuations occured after supposedly being exposed. The floor is yours Mrs Lügnerin... :silly:

May 21, 2021, 14:25

Show us you assessment of the WC matches.   You ran of the site many  times coming back with  different user names,   That is what cowardice entail.    You can spread your poison on site before you expose yourself  after a very short while and then the cycle starts again.       

May 21, 2021, 14:36

Just answer the question, it's rather simple. You said "I was exposed" and "ran away". Show me one such instance of this occurring under any username aside from your own (in 2018 you cried after being exposed and announced you were leaving the site, but you stuck around looking for attention). Can you produce or are you just fabricating another lie? Is the lying liar lying out of his big fat liar hole? I think he doth. Clocks ticking old man...

May 23, 2021, 18:04

Back to illusion....this quote from Ben Smith pretty much sums up my own position:

Smith questioned the thinking behind the Springboks’ withdrawal from the 2020 Rugby Championship, while praising Argentina for sending a team to the Australia-based tournament and upsetting the odds by beating the All Blacks.

‘Were they worried the shine of their world champion status would have rubbed off with a pasting at the hands of the All Blacks? Or worse, a loss to the Wallabies in Australia, where the Springboks have a horrendous record over the last 20 years?

‘The Springboks have ducked competition and hid since winning the World Cup, trying to prop up an illusion that this side is the best team in the world instead of making that a reality with a bold 2020 campaign.’

May 23, 2021, 20:33

All sport games were banned by the Government in SA  until  31 August 2020.   Even travelling between provinces were banned - so how could anybody get a team together and practicing under such conditions?    South Africans travelling to Australia would have to be isolated for two weeks  before they could even practice  leave alone play in matches.   Work things out a bit before you keep on being an idiot on site.      

May 24, 2021, 03:06

Just as the Bargies....who beat NZ....chicken run.

May 24, 2021, 07:00

Do you know what the  Argentine conditions were as to sport participation they were  obviously not subjected to the same conditions SA was subjected to,    I am not going to comment on this again - because you were spouting shot and it is not worth anything to debate the issue with you.      

May 24, 2021, 23:45

Wrong again you old Queen:

“I trained over a hundred days in my apartment,” Pumas hooker Julian Montoya said.

“I practised passes in the garage at home,” said Tomas Cubelli

Footage of Santiago Socino showed how he simulated lineout throws with his dad on the roof of their house, while Nicolas Sanchez said he ran 21m in his lounge.

Other players mentioned how they hadn’t seen their family since August, and have had to undergo 16 covid tests since training began.

Schplottttttt! But remember, you vowed not to respond.....hahaha. 

May 25, 2021, 04:14

BS Alert

May 25, 2021, 06:37

And you responded right on cue....with a childish one liner when you have been totally exposed. The old Queen in mid season form.

May 25, 2021, 07:37

BS Alert     Fully deserved.   The man is nor only dishonest he is always ignoring facts and invent lies.  

May 25, 2021, 11:33

Amazing...a post started by a hit and run troll that initially called herself (yes a female) Aussiewinner and later showed her scorn for this "bright forum" by changing it to  a profane "You Fuckheads" gets over 1435 views and is still going...vulgar as it is she's spot on.

Abnormal and insanity in most societies but yeah there is a spot of twisted humour I guess..

Haha.

May 25, 2021, 21:14

Linda??

May 25, 2021, 21:14

Linda??

May 25, 2021, 23:07

Seeing as you asked twice, Damme Linda is Herr Albi/Cleancut/Pinky la Femme/Indabagingi. 

May 26, 2021, 09:36

https://youtu.be/1pIyHajsu08

May 26, 2021, 21:58

Mozart 

You have as per normal being wring on the Stander issue,   Stander cannot play  any professional rugby after  his retirement at Munster without losing the benefits from a scheme operated ny Munster.  

Jake White phoned him  to  play for the Bulls, but  he refused and explained the reason for his refusal.   White stated the above in a newspaper report/ 

As far as I know the Lions Team is made up of  PROFESSIONAL RUGBY PLAYERS.       

May 26, 2021, 22:24

And Munster wouldn’t have extended the contract with him for 3 months so he could play for the Lions? If they  wanted him, which they don’t.

You clearly don’t have a clue about the Lions’ compensation arrangements. Read this:

‘So players could net something in the region of £65,000 if it’s a triumphant trip.

The Lions also pay the players’ clubs for access to them.

That figure is traditionally around £50,000 per player. It’s not clear what the amount will be this time.’

So the player will be paid by the Lions and the clubs will get compensation as well. Every reason to extend Stampkar’s contract. No reason not to, from the club’s perspective.

Gatland explained he never wanted the Stampkar type. My guess is Stampkar knew this long before his sudden retirement.

And nobody in his camp has denied that he simply wasn’t selected as EVERY newspaper reported.

Wake up you clueless Old Queen.

May 27, 2021, 04:49

You are now BSting again with  a totally false assumption.    Munster would have renewed his contract if Stander applied for renewal.    Stander did NOT  apply for any renewal whatsoever,.    So from the  start you were lying again/

Did Gatland  say he did not want Stander in the team?  No he did not and your assumptions about  player performances  are so warped that nobody  could ever believe the BS you cone  up with about your pet hate players.

Youi are a totally screwed  by  the distorted garbage you make up in that  rugby  illiterate   brain of yours,  You constantly give false descriptions in what happened in games to discredit players you dislike and now this garbage discrediting even Jake White,  who one assume knew exactly what happened and stated so publicly,.    

What a bloody useless and total farce you are.   No wonder Dave saw clearly what was going on and could not take your garbage anymore,   SO BACK TO BS ALERT AGAIN - AS YOU HAVE NEVER EVEN BOTHERED TO INVESTIGATE ANYTHING BEFORE MAKING ASSUMPTIONS,.     I will in future not comment on  any of your rugby posts and warn people about your BS spreading only.                                            

May 27, 2021, 14:35

" I will in future not comment on  any of your rugby posts and warn people about your BS spreading only. "

Wish I could believe this but we've heard it all before. 

I predict Moffie will goad ou Maaik the stinking liar into responding to him before ou Maaik has his next nappy change.

May 27, 2021, 16:44

Ah the Old Queen waxes hysterical. Of course Gatland never came out and fingered Stampkar, but he clearly had Stampkar and Vunipola in mind when he said this:

Despite wanting big physical players like 6ft 5in, 17 and a half stone Hill, Gatland says he needs players with a point of difference and the footwork to evade the Springboks’ giant forwards. Players like Sam Simmonds, who with 16 tries for the season so far is one score away from equalling the all-time single-season record in the Gallagher Premiership with four games to play.

Gatland said: “Looking at South Africa, if you tuck the ball under your arm and run straight they love that type of thing. 

“I am conscious of having that balance in our backrow with players with footwork, Sam Simmonds has got that, Taulupe Faletau has got that and that deception and some of the other loose forwards as well. 

“He is quick, we can run lots of variations with him from the lineout, and you see Exeter do that, not just as forward ball carrier hitting it up but almost like a back.’

If you were looking for a back row player with footwork, would you be choosing Stampkar. Stampkar was exactly the player he had in mind when he said: ‘looking at South Africa if you tuck the ball under your arm and run straight  they love that type of thing’.

Nope the stance you and Dave have come up with to save your Stampkar blushes is totally debunked. Just accept it you old tart.

May 27, 2021, 17:49

Moz, nothing you are going to say will change Ou Maaiks mind...to much invested in perpetual disagreement with you ... too late to relent.

IMO, Stander would have given his front teeth for the opportunity to close out his test career playing for the Lions in South Africa. It's a no-brainer...there can be no sane reason for him not to be available purely on choice...it doesn't make any sense...

May 27, 2021, 18:09

Mike’s obsession became starkly apparent when he he inadvertently posted that I had beaten Tsitsipas.

May 27, 2021, 18:12

Didn't know you played tennis on that level...or did you beat him with a golf club...and whatever for?

May 27, 2021, 19:52

He posted this on May 7, although he has subsequently corrected it:

‘The way  in which Mozart beat Tsitsipas was  probably due to match fatigue of Tsitsipas than any other reason’

That’s a tell.  As for reality I doubt I could get a point off Tsistipas  hahaha.....unless he put the ball on my awesome top spin backhand, learned by looking at Rod Laver tapes. In which case all bets are off.

May 27, 2021, 20:47

I corrected that  ages ago/   For the rest BS Alert.   .   

May 27, 2021, 21:13

Draad 

I am looking for a bookmaker to place a bet that the Roland Garross final will be between Runlev and Tsitsipas. and Rublev  this year,    Any suggestions?    

May 28, 2021, 06:27

No Maaik, I don't gamble...

May 30, 2021, 12:28

Rublev will not make the final. Save your money Mike!

Tsitsipas could make the final.

May 30, 2021, 19:20

How do you know that Beeno? 

May 31, 2021, 01:18

Been-ou plays tennis, the Old Tart writes (badly) about tennis. 

May 31, 2021, 07:50

Writing the truth is unacceptable to  Mozart,    What I write is repeated by Djokovic and Nadal as well.    So because they said the same is writing badly  about tennis?    Same as saying  like you do that White lied about the Stander issue.     The biased  Old Fart is bananas as well - delusional and talking shit all the time based on his rugby, cricket and tennis illiteracy.           

May 31, 2021, 08:15

Beeno

I have my doubts about the issue of Federer, Nadal and  Djokovic for very good reason.   this year,  If Federer gets through to Round 3 it will be a huge surprise.   Nadal may run into Rublev who beat him and disgraced him in the Monte Carlo tournament.  He was in trouble in every tournament he played in and even in the two clay court tournaments he played in and won  anyway,   Djokovic has been beaten on clay this year by any player who have tried anything - like Evans  (who was beaten yesterday by Kecmanovic) and Karatsev.   So how will  they  do in Roland Garross?   Neither of us would  know anyway,   

I was right about doubting Thiem as well,  he was beaten yesterday by Andujar-Alba - who sent Federer packing in Geneva 14 days ago,   Expect more surprise results today as well.                        

May 31, 2021, 09:54

If any one should know Tsipitas's game it should be you, Mozart...afterall did not you play him successfully a few weeks back...8-)

May 31, 2021, 23:05

According to your pal the Old Tart, I did.

May 31, 2021, 23:11

‘Expect more surprise results today’......waaaaaaaaahaha....that’s the Old Tart’s sneaky way of teeing up a Federer loss. A win for Federer would be a miracle according to Notsofarmus. Hilariously Fed won in straight sets.

Federer may be the most elegant player to ever grace the game, but for the Old Tart’s tastes he is no longer a seuntjie so he has to be attacked. We have seen this all before.

May 31, 2021, 23:34

BS Alert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Jun 01, 2021, 00:38

Reduced to repeating an empty line, the Old Tart in trouble.

Jun 01, 2021, 04:03

BS Alert  - the lying old fart is stinking more than ever before!!!!!!!!!!!!   `   

Jun 01, 2021, 09:50

Poor ol Dumb Fuck Dave ... still stumbling around in the dark ... 

Jun 01, 2021, 20:08

And we do have a surprise result today.....the Old Tart was right. But hold it the surprise was his pick for the final Rublev, his  pick to win it all, crashed out in the first round. Meanwhile Nadal, like Federer cruised through in straight sets.

The Tart knows his tennis....hahaha.

Jun 02, 2021, 09:01

Hmmmm ... yes ... he may know his tennis ... but he still doesn't know his arse from his elbow ... 

I doubt that'll ever change.

Jun 03, 2021, 15:18

Notsofarmus.......where are you?

You need to Log in to reply.