In the Festive season rugby news is few and far between - so lets use the opportunity

Forum » Rugby » In the Festive season rugby news is few and far between - so lets use the opportunity

Dec 22, 2019, 15:25

to wish all the members a wonderful and blessed Christmas and a very prosperous New Year.   May you have all you wish for and above everything lets hope that the rugby will continue on the very high level of 2019 and reach even higher levels in 2020.

Lets hope that a new crop of cricketers emerge that could take SA forward.

For our NZ members lets wish them the same and say we hope that the AB's will maintain their high standard of rugby performance.

I hope that 2019 was a bitter lesson for all of us,   When we differ from each other - let at least maintain a standard of decency and not get personal on issues even if provoked.   Peace to all of you  in a spirit of GOODWILL.

It is only -

*   20 days to the start of the Under 20 WC for 2020;

*   33 days to the next Rugby Sevens tournament; and 

*   39 days to the start of Super Rugby 2020

From a rugby perspective a lot to look forward to,   

Dec 22, 2019, 16:52

Dec 22, 2019, 17:57

Thank you CM and the same to you and your family.

Dec 22, 2019, 22:01

...same to you notsoclevermike but have to disagree about there being few rugby talking points....in the midst of the  Pro 14 season where there are dozens of yr countrymen participating...midst the Top 14 where there are dozens participating ....not to mention midst the Gallagher Premiership and the Heineken Champions Cup and the European Challenge Cup there are dozens and dozens of talking points 

....especially given how many well known Southern Hemisphere players that are now involved...is it more likely there is not the interest in rugby or subject knowledge rather than news being few and far between....or is there no tv coverage of the games where you are?

Sale and Gloucester are almost SA franchises given the quantity of SA players in there...plenty to talk about there from a SA perspective

Looking forward myself to seeing how Saracens copes after being docked a massive 35 points ...and Radradra joining Charles Piutau , Luatua and co at Bristol will make for some great attacking rugby....interesting how the Irish are topping the tables in devastating form again in Pro 14 and could be the 6 Nations champions on current form...the 6 Nations being just around the corner. 

Exeter Chiefs another great team to follow up north... any team named the Chiefs is obviously class whether it's the KC Chiefs in the NFL or otherwise...the Chiefs are always the team to beat

So plenty to talk about after another busy weekend of rugby if you use abit of imagination...and just reading how Ben Smith was sent off on debut....how soft are the French to red card St Bender for such an innocuous event ....what pussies

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/international/118403997/former-all-black-ben-smith-sent-off-on-debut-for-pau-in-french-top-14

Dec 23, 2019, 00:00

Merry Christmas everybody ...... hope you like my favourite festive ballad.

Dec 23, 2019, 00:46

Pav singing 'Oh holy night' would be my choice.

Dec 23, 2019, 01:46

With you Blob my favourite to

Dec 23, 2019, 03:03

Mozart.....you might like this one.  Merry Christmas everyone :)

Dec 23, 2019, 10:27

"and just reading how Ben Smith was sent off on debut....how soft are the French to red card St Bender for such an innocuous event ....what pussies?

Oh, remember when Bismark was sent off for the exact same fend against the ABs?

I don't recall any Kiwis claiming it was soft, unfair or pussified.

Dec 23, 2019, 18:49

Both gone, but  not forgotten Cloudy. If Pav was the king of the high 'c's....Crosby was the master of the midrange croon.

Dec 23, 2019, 21:30

A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all on this site.

I'm off at "sparrows" Boxing Day morning to the MCG to hopefully watch NZ not get too embarrassed by Stark & Co.

I'm predicting SA to comfortably see off the Poms in your series.

Dec 24, 2019, 10:49

How the bluecollar blokes do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SE0t2cS65A

Dec 25, 2019, 08:07

Merry Christmas everyone...you too Rooi...and Trad.

Dec 25, 2019, 21:02

Happy festive season to everyone.

Dec 26, 2019, 03:53

I think your message went on death ears Mike haha. Looking forward to the Super Rugby season starting. And also congrats on the Boks winning the RWC. And keeping it in the SH. The Abs just weren’t good enough. But we’ll be back. Happy New Years everyone.

You need to Log in to reply.