Is England now raiding SA Rugby coaches

Forum » Rugby » Is England now raiding SA Rugby coaches

Jan 14, 2020, 08:08

The English clubs are known for raiding players from Southern Hemisphere nations inclusive of players from SA,  

However, the raiding is not confined to players - they are now going for SA coaches as well:- 

*   They took Eddie Jones frim the Stormers

*   They took Mitchell from the Bulls

*   They took Proudfoot from the Springboks

In the case of club level rugby they raided the best SA franchise coach at the time -  Ackerman of he Lions.

What is going on with English rugby?   The seem to struggle to produce  adequate players in England to meet requirements - and now they also seem to find adequate coaches locally,              

Jan 14, 2020, 08:43

I hate to be the one to tell you this, Comrade ... but ... Eddie is not South African ... nor did he coach the Stormers.

Mitchell ... well ... he's not South African either. I'm surprised you don't know that.

Proudfoot wasn't much to begin with. His belly doesn't exactly inmspire one to fitness. No loss if you ask me.

I suspect he left sulking because he wasn't in line for the Goats head coach.position.

England have a LOT better players than the Goats do.

For one ... their captain is in fact a merit selection ... full deserving of his position ... unlike the quota you have wearing the armband.

Ackerman was never going to feature with the Goats. That's why he left. He should have been made the Goats coach but that privilege belongs to the friends of Rassie.  

Despite their tragic loss to the Goats, they are the best team on the planet at the moment.

Jan 14, 2020, 09:34

"Despite their tragic loss to the Goats, they are the best team on the planet at the moment."

England? One lucky win over an overconfident All Blacks team does not make you the best team in the world. Hell, Aussie did it in style a few months prior and they are in shambles...England has a lot to prove before they can claim that badge.

Jan 14, 2020, 10:11

Listen  ones was in captain starting his coaching career with the Stormers when England intervened and they had to pay out the Stormers to release him to coach England.   Jones wa snot South African - but his history involving SA rugby went back to the 2007 WC,  Hios regular holidays while coaching Japan was actually in Cape Town.

Update your defective knowledge please CC.   

Jan 14, 2020, 10:22

"Update your defective knowledge please CC."

LMAO!

Here is an example of defective knowledge:

"However, the raiding is not confined to players - they are now going for SA coaches as well:- 

*   They took Eddie Jones frim the Stormers

*   They took Mitchell from the Bulls

*   They took Proudfoot from the Springboks"

You can spin it however you want, ou Maaik but your statement is just plain wrong . . . well, you got one out of three so not completely wrong. I'm guessing a 33% success rate is pretty good by your standards.

No-one is talking about which teams Jones coached or where he spent his holidays, he's not a South African. Please update your defective knowledge, ou Maaik . . . as well as your stubborn inability to admit when you screwed up.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:05

Draad ... the All Blacks haven't been up to their usual dominant self these last few season ... however ... they were good enough to clap the Goats in their opening WC match.

England didn't just beat the All Blacks ... they thrashed them ... like no one's seen before.

Do you really want to discuss luck ... ??

Jan 14, 2020, 11:37

And then there is, of course, the fact that Proudfoot is standing with one foot in SA and one in the UK, having played for Edinburgh, Glasgow, Scotland A and Scotland, the Leopards and the Blue Bulls.

Jan 14, 2020, 11:55

It is a dam shame that Proudfoot left, given that he was the reason behind the stormers pack and has worked with the current springbok pack for years. 

Jan 14, 2020, 12:17

CC and Rooinek

Jones signed a deal with the Stormers to coach that team and arrived in Cape Town to commence hos work for the Stormers and reported to their office.  He started off on his working program and then it is reported in the English media that England Rugby decided to approach him and offer him a massive deal,  

Problem is he is employed by the Stormers as coach.  So they fly two senior people in England Rugby to Cape Town to convince him to become England coach.   Now there is a problem - he has a contract with the Stormers.  When Jones took the English offer to the Stormers, they realized they cannot compete with them financially and they did not want to keep him back.  So a deal is reached whereby England Rugby compensated the Stormers to allow for the release of  Jones to go to England. and England Rugby paid up.  Jones made a public statement how he will miss Cape Town and left for England,.

That is the facts of the matter. By the time England made the offer Jones was in the employ of the Stormers end of story,          

Jan 14, 2020, 12:30

We did not beat England in the final we thrashed them you dumb Cunt

Not a single English player would make the Bok side not one

Dumb Cunt

Jan 14, 2020, 12:34

Coaching the Hapless Stompies didn't make Eddie Jones South African. There's the only pertinent fact in this discussion.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:36

Oh please Stupid ... the only player that might make it into the English starting 15 is Snyman or Du Toit at 5.

No one else.

Jan 14, 2020, 12:39

Mike ... how many matches did Jones win with the Stormers?

Please tell me who he selected for his first Super Rugby match?

Jan 14, 2020, 12:45

Says the Cunt that is a fan of Boshoff at 10 and rates the utterly useless Ross Cronje

Cunt you don’t qualify to pass comment on the ability of rugby players as you know fuck all

I’ll say it one more time - not a single Pom player would make the World Cup winning Bok side - not a single one

There is a reason we thrashed England in the final but you are too fucking stupid to work that out

Crawl back in your hole prick

Jan 14, 2020, 13:24

Nothing = but he was employed by the Stormers  when England  offered him a deal - end of story.  

Jan 14, 2020, 14:06

Exactly.

He left before he could lead his team into a match.

He didn't select a team ... nor did he put a game plan together ... and no match was played under Eddie Jones. Not one.

To my mind that doesn't qualify him as coaching the Stormers.

Jan 14, 2020, 14:21

Tell me Stupid ... which Goat would walk the Pom team? Try not to conjure a step off the left when we all know there wasn't one.

Their midfield of Farrell and Tuilagi is vastly superior to Duh Allende and the quota Am.

Both their wings Watson and May are better than Kolbe and Mapimpi.

Let's not even talk about the useless Willie Le Roux.

Faff pales in comparison Youngs. He can't even pass off his left and that thing he calls a kicking game is a joke.

You honestly want to compare Curry to Kolisi on the openside?

That is why you'll forever be known as "Stupid Dave" ... dumb ass.

How about Itoje vs Etzebeth?

Try to wake up from your drunken stupor, Stupid..

All the Pom names I've mentioned about would walk your Goats side. 

Jan 14, 2020, 15:14

Listen CC

I will be blunt - he was in Cape Town and already working for the Stormers when the Engliosh approach him and then negotiate with the Stormers as  to cpmpemnsation to be apuid for release from his Stormers contract - which compensation was paid,   Whether the team played a match under his coaching has f#ck-all to do with anything,     

Jan 14, 2020, 15:20

CC 

If the England players would walk the team of the Springboks - why did they lose in the final by a huge margin?   They struggled against the Springboks in the previous 4 tests and lost two and won 2 - the second win by a 1 point margin.

Both Farrell and Tuilagi was shown up badly by De Allende and Am and so was their wings .   So what are you talking about?           

Jan 14, 2020, 16:02

You are only as good...or bad as your last match.:D

Jan 14, 2020, 16:06

It's one thing ditching the Boks for whatever reason, quite another to pick up the Pom Banner and start singing their praises. 

Jan 14, 2020, 16:08

Jan 14, 2020, 16:56

If you can't beat them, buy them...

CC you need to get your head looked at, think you've been sitting in the sun too long and the heat has frazzled your brain. 

Jan 14, 2020, 17:04

He's just trolling. :D

Jan 14, 2020, 17:36

Cunt are you talking rugby here

Fucking clueless fuck

You are so pathetically ignorant I’m not even going to bother responding to your shit

What part of not a single Pom player would make the Bok side did you not get you fucking clueless clown

Stick to telling us how great Boshoff, Cronje and Smith are.

Don’t try be clever just gives us the comedy we crave

Jan 15, 2020, 10:58

Q. How do you know when Saffex has run out of ideas, but he is still trying to win the argument? 
A. He props up his arguments with more swearing than usual. 

Q. How do you know that Ou Maaikie has run out of fabrications? 
A. He ends his arguments with “...end of story”

Q. How do you know when Ou Maaikie is trembling with rage after his shyte has been debunked?  
A. Just read his very first post thereafter. It normally makes very little or no sense at all and is riddled with typos. Happens every time. :D:D

Posted by: clevermike (39721 posts)
Jan 14, 2020, 10:11

Listen  ones was in captain starting his coaching career with the Stormers when England intervened and they had to pay out the Stormers to release him to coach England.   Jones wa snot South African - but his history involving SA rugby went back to the 2007 WC,  Hios regular holidays while coaching Japan was actually in Cape Town.”

Jan 15, 2020, 12:08

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaa!!

Yes ... you definitely have them both sussed. Then again ... you're an Aries ... so it stands to reason you'd be sharp .. and right on the money.

Us Aries are a special breed. This board should show a little more appreciation if you ask me.

These two are the same kind of idiot. They don't know that they don't know.

Dave's potty mouth goes into overdrive when cornered ... and Comrade Mike starts to stammer and stutter ... as can be seen by his spelling. I bet he even fogs up those thick spectacle of his.

Must be a hell of a sight to witness in person.

To think that both these morons have more than twice our posts. Is it any wonder that we're struggling to get new members aboard?

Surely Ed can fit some kind of dumb ass meter to this site. Something that sounds the alarm, with flashing lights, warning us of the stupidity just posted.

Jan 15, 2020, 12:18

and Comrade Mike starts to stammer and stutter ... 

Jan 15, 2020, 12:29

How do you know Vlag is a miserable boring cunt who never contributes on a rugby front?

Read his last post

Jan 15, 2020, 12:44

What? Not a single swear word?

Jan 15, 2020, 12:45

Oh wait. I knew it was too good to be true. I missed it. :D

Jan 15, 2020, 12:48

Well ... Stupid ... your every attempt at posting on the rugby front has been found wanting ... so I wouldn't talk too loudly if I were you.

I know you can't help being stupid and all. It's part of your bloodline.

I have a suggestion that might help you ... try pulling your head out your ass.

Jan 15, 2020, 12:50

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaa!!

Yes ... I also mised it the first time.

Us cunts must stick together.

Jan 15, 2020, 12:53

Nice rugby post Vlag

True to form you boring miserable cunt

Did you get it - I used the word cunt which clearly means I’m losing this argument

I should have said stupid boring miserable cunt

Now give us your take on what a flyhalf does - it’s one of the positions in tugby

Just a heads up for you in case you missed it

If you get stuck ask a friend - oh yes miserable boring cunts don’t have friends

Jan 15, 2020, 13:04

Flyhalf? I thought this was about Ou Maaikie’s botched non-South African, South African coaches argument and your failed attempt to chime in on it.

Jan 15, 2020, 13:07

Stop ducking the question, Stupid Dave.

Grow a pair, you dumb prick.

Oh and fuck you and your mother, Dave.

The dumb bitch should have aborted you when she had the chance.

Jan 15, 2020, 13:10

Nice one Vlag at least you can spell flyhalf, that’s a start

Jan 15, 2020, 13:27

Thanks. For a moment I wasn’t sure it was spelt “flyhalf” or “fucking flyhalf you cunt”.

Jan 15, 2020, 13:53

Well you worked it out

We await your insightful rugby take on the position

The anticipation is soooooo exciting

Go Vlag go

Jan 15, 2020, 14:22

Stop please. You are hurting my feelings. I cannot take it anymore. I urgently need to find a safe space to escape the cruel Saffex.

Jan 15, 2020, 14:33

I know of a farm in Suffolk which is a good place to hide!!

Jan 15, 2020, 14:59

Suffolk? Nah it’s too close to a certain ex-lawyer.

Jan 15, 2020, 15:05

who's an ex lawyer?

Saffex?

hahahaha no way!

Jan 15, 2020, 16:08

No comment. :angel:

You need to Log in to reply.