Forum » Rugby » Jaco Coetzee off to Bath

Jan 24, 2021, 14:32

Big loss, this guy is a real talent

Rassie needs to cap him within 5 years before England do

Jan 24, 2021, 16:57

England don’t need him, Saffex. 

Jan 24, 2021, 17:07

Dave

I suspect that WP will soon be declared bankrupt and more of their players will be signed by foreign clubs,

Jan 24, 2021, 17:50

He is far far better than any 8 in England Becs so your lot will grab him at the first opportunity

Jan 24, 2021, 19:47

Marko v Staaden off to Leicester Tigers

Jan 24, 2021, 20:11

Saffex, we won’t need him. We have plenty of 8’s here to do a decent job. 

Jan 24, 2021, 21:52

No coach wants a decent job player unless he is a loser - the best coaches want the best players

These days it’s seems that coaches can select anyone regardless of where they were born and that unfortunately is never going to change

You can protest all you like about foreign players being selected - reality is that Eddie and co don’t give a shit about what you think about that policy

Jan 24, 2021, 22:04

We have just 2 foreign born players in the 6 Nats Squad....and one is Sam Underhill who just happened to be born abroad to English parents. 

Contrary to popular belief, we are sticking to our home grown players more and more, thank goodness. 

Jan 24, 2021, 22:24

That’s not a conscious policy of England it just happens to be the case right now and probably why so many are complaining about how average the England squad is at the moment

It’s only a matter of time before Ribbans gets selected. Thankfully for SA most of the players playing in England have already been capped by SA or have only just arrived so the 5 year qualifying period is some way off

Jan 25, 2021, 00:39

I don’t think Ribbans is going to get selected for us. He’ll just be another player gone by the wayside. 

Jan 25, 2021, 00:59

You are wrong Ribbans has already made the England training squad and according to my mates son at Saints it’s only a matter of time before he gets selected

Eddie is apparently a huge fan

Jan 25, 2021, 15:34

He’s not even made it to the 6 Nats Shadow Squad.

Jan 25, 2021, 16:26

Wake up that is hardly defining now is it given the fact that he has made the squad before

Ribbans will play for England mark my words

The likes of Launchbury and Lawes are in their 30’s their days are numbered

Ribbans is young and easily one of the best locks in the Prem - far better than Charlie who he keeps picking

Jan 25, 2021, 17:43

Launchbury is out and Ewels is in. 

Jan 25, 2021, 18:50

Ewels is rubbish not sure what Eddie sees in him - another useless Mostert

Jan 25, 2021, 20:16

But that’s at least four players ahead of Ribbans. 

Jan 25, 2021, 21:34

Ribbans was in the squad so is clearly on the radar and Launchbury and Lawes are at the ends of their careers so what I m saying to you is that Ribbans will be playing for England in the not so distant future

I’ll be reminding you of this conversation when he does

You don’t seem to grasp the obvious

Jan 25, 2021, 23:43

Oh I don’t doubt you would remind me ! 

I do grasp the obvious......clearly he remains 5th in line. Who knows who will be picked in the future. 

Jan 25, 2021, 23:53

5th in line with two old washed up hasbeens in the equation

It’s only a matter of time especially when losing the plot Eddie works out how utterly average Ewels is

Jan 26, 2021, 13:32

But to be honest, Coetzee hasn't really featured much for Province this season. Been moved behind Augustus Grut. 

Probably a good move for him. Hopefully he'll get spotted and will be capped 

Jan 26, 2021, 21:02

Yeah stupid move by WP to bench Coetzee - probably because they knew he was leaving

Jan 27, 2021, 12:55

Well, it probably boils down to quotas if you ask me. Coetzee has been the form back row player. He can play 6 and 8. But Augustus has a reputation now which he is selected on given that he was nominated junior world player of the year. You had Mallet and a few other journalist clambering that he should be selected for the Boks even before he ever player a first class game. So lots of hype 

Augustus has some way to go, but why sacrifice your best 8 for a player with unfulfilled potential 

The Stormers could of had 6. Kolisi, 7 Steph and Coetzee. The you have the bok front row of Kitshoff, Bongi, Malherbe with Schickeling as your number 5. Moerat at 4, he is okay, but not great. Pretty much a world class pack. 

Then you have Herschell at 9, Willemse, Gelant, Rikus Pretorius, Dan Duplesis etc. 

A really decent team. 

It is all going down hill for the stormers. Just wished they would privatise and get rid of the amateur blazer brigade  

Jan 27, 2021, 13:08

Agreed, Coetzee is one of the best 8 around certainly better than Augustus who himself is good

I like Moerat does all the hard grunt work and does not hold back

They have the makings of a good side but chances are they might be losing Willemse, Jaco Coetzee, Kitshoff and Mbonambi

You need to Log in to reply.