Jake Whites Sour Grapes: Boks should play in SA

Forum » Rugby » Jake Whites Sour Grapes: Boks should play in SA

Jun 20, 2022, 13:41

So, Jake had a few comments about Saturday. yes, the question is whether Roos crawled, did Willemse come out of the 5 m before the ball was clear etc. But the bools couldn't come up with anything else. Really great tackling by the stormers and scrum dominance. 

Jake made a statement that kind of made sense that how can you tell a your young team that don't worry, in four years we will smash every other team as they may be gone in 4 years. 

His view is that those that want to play for the boks should play in SA and not be picked for the boks from overseas. 

Not sure if that will work as the money is too good as well as the quality of living. 

Duanne was happy to dump the bools for Ulster to cash in and still play for the boks. 

Not sure whining will solve the problem. If anything, put the kids on a 5 year contract if they are good. It will force the unions to look after their players rather than what they did in the past by always looking at the next guy. 

Jun 20, 2022, 14:05

Jake being as stupid as ever

Jun 20, 2022, 14:23

Ja, great tactician and know how to dismantle top teams but needs to provide solutions and not whine all the time 

Jun 20, 2022, 15:53

This may be a first, but I agree with him :) 

Jun 20, 2022, 16:05

Don't forget Rassie statement not too long ago that he is happy that the foreign clubs are carrying the wage bill for him and that SA doesn't have to pay them. 

A team like Sale Sharks had at least 2 WC boks and a bunch of SA players. Just trying to match, Faf, Lood, Du Preez etc wage bill. 

But I hope the URC and European Cup will bring in some serious money into SA and we can be on a level playing field. 

Jun 20, 2022, 16:09

Money is running out here…..at least one hundred players have found themselves without a Club this summer because of the effects of the salary cap and Covid. It’s no longer the easy pickings you may think. 

I believe Wasps are really struggling and have been asking for help raising 13 million…

Jun 20, 2022, 16:25

Sorry to say but this is White at his best.

Jun 20, 2022, 17:53

With the Financial position in the world, where mostly everyone has had to make some kind of compromise or salary cut, surely top players must do the same? Sooner or later sports of all kinds, will have to realize that it's just not sustainable expecting the Big money deals anymore....there has been a tremendous decline in subscription to Premium sport channels, game attendance, which is a major income for sports and there super stars, so where should these big money deals come from in any case....Sport bosses + sport stars should not be so adamant in expecting the same kind of money?....if they themselves make the necessary adjustments, to make it more affordable for fans to watch and attend, then slowly but surely,  maybe, we will be able to get to point where it will get better again....it will come to a point where priorities, like feeding your family, living in general, will demand that sport, which is a luxury, will take the backburner in importance...but until then they will be killing of Sports in general,  with there ridiculous amounts of money paid out to stars and the ridiculous amounts of money they ask us just for watching or attending the Sports we like.

Jun 20, 2022, 18:41

White being as stupid as a South African. And Rassie being just as stupid. Why play in Sout Africa? Worse coaching and shittier living standards and worse money. A no brainer. Move to Europe. But those players are starting to represent other countries. Yarpies aren't loyal like the kiwis. Lose, lose and lose again XD

Jun 20, 2022, 19:20

"Yarpies aren't loyal like the kiwis"

What utter horse droppings...

Jun 20, 2022, 20:05

With all due respect Draad, but you the one that said the other day on a thread :

" oh becs he is such a hoot :P"-  so now you must take old Red Rosie and the shit he spouts - ask him to share his Cup of Red Rose tears :D

Jun 20, 2022, 20:08

Yep, a big horse chud, dropped in your lap. Enjoy. 

Top 30 Horse Poo GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

Jun 20, 2022, 21:30

Pretty clear that Roos crawled I thought. It was an incredible physical feat for him to get the ball down….but where was the TMO?

Jun 20, 2022, 21:32

Shame Dave still not over the Puke Watson thing….give up man, Jake was dead right…..that small, disloyal little squirt was never going to be an international flank.

Jun 21, 2022, 00:05

Mozart

It did not take long for you to get at Roos - not so?   He did not crawl over the line as you claimed. and that was proven clearly by video review.  The TV ref saw what happened and neither he nnr the referee found anything that warrant  review,.      

Jun 21, 2022, 01:56

I’m not getting at Roos….I’m saying made two forward movements on his knees. Do try to be objective, it’s totally obvious. I’m also saying, if you could follow the bouncing ball that Roos showed tremendous strength getting the ball down.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwixhZ27m734AhX1JkQIHSiYC3kQwqsBegQIAhAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHYuoLXUfNO0&usg=AOvVaw0anHYnG_12Yh7kcRapxbnE

Look and learn

Jun 21, 2022, 07:13

It’s got fuck all to do with Luke and everything to do with how utterly stupid Jake is.

Is he seriously that stupid that he thinks SA can compete financially to keep the players at home and does he seriously think that the attraction of potentially playing for the Boks is going to keep all our players local - what a fucking idiot.

Is he seriously this stupid?

At least Rassie sees it for what it is - the guy has brains and common sense

Jun 21, 2022, 10:49

Mozart

s per normal you saw crawling when nobody else did.

Now back to the topic..  South Africa has been turned into a corruption factory  by the ANC on par with the rest of Afrcia and almost as bad as the USA Democrats are making the USA.   The country is effectively bankrupt  and so is  Rugby Authorities in SA.   The worst case scenario is the Stormers set-up.   

In the case of the Bulls and Sharks the financial management of the Unions have been taken over by private ownership.   The rest is just plain and unadulterated BS.  There is no money for the players in SA and  that is the reals tory about SA Rugby who gets wealthy in comparison by playing for foreign clubs because of the exchange rate.    .           

Jun 21, 2022, 12:53

Well, Rassie has this Poni thing Players of National Interest who gets there wages topped up by SARU. But I'm not sure how it works given that there are no central contracts and no idea how much players can clearly earn. 

My solution would be to try and keep your youngsters in SA until they are 25 or 26, if they have been invited to a bok training camp or at least earn a cap or two then by all means allow them to go abroad and develop further and earn some decent dough. 

Rugby careers are short and I'm not sure that they would never have to work again. Even guy like Habana is now getting involved in the corporate world and starting to do a normal 9 to 5. You would think with his fame he would never have to work again. 

Rugby doesn't have the wages nor the player image right like football does. 

The only alternative that I could maybe say is perhaps not to have salary caps on players that comes through your youth system and that it shouldn't impact your wage bill but there needs to be certain criteria met. We don't want the same to happen what the bulls did by hoarding all of the age group players. 

This would also stop other unions from using money to buy in talent. Look at the Sharks, they got all the names but really struggled when it counted the most. 

My other point would also be offer the kids 3 or 4 year contracts and perhaps with a clause of loaning them out like the sharks did with AM for a couple of months. 

But ultimately, winning teams are built from youth structures and maintaining the best players well into their 20s. That is why the Crusaders are the best Franchise in the world for the past 20 years. 

The same thing happened to the Lions, they were rubbish for a number of years but new coach, same players and they ended up having a run of 3 finals in a row. 

Finally, Jake shouldn't moan. Look what Dobbo did with almost no budget and the risk of going into administration. A couple of throw away players like Diyamani, Libok and not to forget ROOS. Some old war horses and a very good core of loyal players like Kitshoff and Malherbe. With one world class player in Gelant. 

If Jake wants to compete then follow Dobbo, bring back some starting boks into your team, have the a few start players, old war horses and a good injection of discards that want to proof a point. 

It is not always but having all the players and all the money

Jun 21, 2022, 16:13

Yeah Jake has hardly bought well now has he

van Rooyen at prop, Bismark, Mapoe, Aplon, Morne Steyn etc

To think that classy Griquas centre was at the Bulls earlier in the year

The Sharks have the players they don’t have the coach

Jun 21, 2022, 19:59

The crawl was obvious….I saw it clearly on the highlights in real time. You just don’t see things Tokkie….and then you lie which you are doing now. The link is right there. Hint…you have to click on it.

As things stand Jake is wrong because we and our partners have failed to make Super Rugby the financial success it could be. But Jake is also right, we are still tolerating the exodus because there is a Bok core who grew up playing Super Rugby. If all our 20 year old players are in France or the UK there will be no Bok playing style and Bok rugby will decline.

Stick with moz and stick with Jake.

Jun 21, 2022, 20:13

Souuth africa will always play the same shit and they have declined for a long time. Probably since the 1999 world cup. A few burps and farts here and there but nothing much. 

Jun 21, 2022, 21:06

Ai it was a crawl...if you go down with the ball, you can stretch out in 1 move and score, as far as I know...that though was a double movement on the ground, ergo a crawl...no wonder Jake is moaning....I still believe the Stormers would have won though, as they showed forward dominance in the Second half.

Jun 22, 2022, 01:04

Hard to tell from the highlights who the stronger team was, but I’m delighted the Stormers won.

Jun 22, 2022, 07:37

His knees touching the ground doesn't constitute crawling. He didn't use his legs to propel him forward from the ground. His forward movement was as a result of his momentum. And then he streached and placed the ball...this is knit picking to look for something that wasn't there....the ref and the TMO reviewed it and saw nothing wrong.

Jun 22, 2022, 11:27

It was not a crawl, Draad is spot on

But you have to trust Jake to be stupid enough to call for the Bok side to be selected from home based players only with a view to that somehow enticing the majority of our players to stay at home. What a Joke

You would swear Jake was living in a country where salaries mirrored abroad and politics played no part in selections, not to mention the instability of the country as a whole

Yeah as a 20 year old I’m going to turn down a lucrative offer from up North in the 5% chance I might get a Bok call up one day

Jun 22, 2022, 11:50

Well, if the two best SA 9s in Zac Burger and v d Berg can't even get invited to a training camp but you have Grant Williams and Elton Jantjies leap frog who have both been completely out of form why would you hang around. 

Also agree that Jake went over the top with getting Geriatrics in his team. I always rated  Bismark but he seems to suffer the same fate as his brother with brain implosions. How many times has he been carded. 

I can't see how the bulls would afford Pollard, even being booted out of Montpellier he is still getting £600 000 from Leicester Tigers which is insane. Not sure how SA franchises can afford to pay a player R12 mil  when their budgets are R60 mil per season. 

Don't forget, there was huge uproar when Willemse got a R5mil contract a year offer. In comparison, that is pocket change  for what he is worth now.  

But also, don't forget, Pollard was on a £1 million contract at Montpellier.  Which is something like R20 mil per season. He was able to bank that for the  past 3 seasons.  Was a huge flop for them and only played 2 min in the recent top 14 Semi final. They even played him at 12 as he isn't creative enough at 10 or can control the game like most 10s do. 

But I hope for the boks sake he is back in top form as we are very thin at 10. 

Jun 22, 2022, 21:44

Pollard is one of the best 10’s in the game

You need to Log in to reply.