John Dobson tips JD Schickerling for Springbok recall

Forum » Rugby » John Dobson tips JD Schickerling for Springbok recall

Dec 16, 2020, 14:24

This guy is something special - his nickname is Jakkals because he is such a clever rugby player.   He was called up by Erasmus in 2019 - before the selection of the WC - but just came back from a longish injury and was not included in the WC squad,   If the squad was announced a month later Mostert would not have made the squad and Schickerling would have taken his place,   Real start this one.   

Dec 16, 2020, 19:46

You can’t get a Springbok recall when you have never been a Springbok.

Dec 16, 2020, 20:14

I think they were  referring to the fact that Schickerling was already in the Springbok training camp with the recall story.   Fact is he was very unlucky not to be in the WC squad and  that he only played one return from injury game before the squad was announced.    A much better lock than Mostert ever was.               

Dec 16, 2020, 20:52

Not in Erasmus’ opinion.....and he’s never wrong according to you. 

Dec 16, 2020, 20:59

Mozart

I wonder whether you can ever read and understand anything about rugby?   When Erasmus called him up he only had one game after an injury lay-off and that is why Erasmus ended up taking Mostert to the WC,   If he had two or three games he was certain to be in the squad,  

Unlike Meyer who emptied the hospital wards when he picked the 2015 RWC squad on reputation only Erasmus looks at proven performances and the injury break caused Schickerling  not to be selected.   If he was not injured Mostert had no chance to get into the squad.           

Dec 16, 2020, 20:59

Duplication 

Dec 16, 2020, 22:13

What a laugh...here’s the real story:

Schickerling represented South African Schools and the national Under-20 side and has also turned out for South Africa A, but he is yet to make his Springbok debut despite a call-up in 2018.

He was called up in 2018 dumbass. Not just before the WC. Once again you come up with a fiction which can be blown up with one Google.

I’m still not sure if you are dishonest or stupid...probably  both!

Dec 17, 2020, 00:11

JD is a great prospect and has been very good this year but so have Moerat, Ruben Schoeman, Walt Steenkamp, Jason Jenkins, Ruben v Heerden and JJ vd Mecht.

JD had tough competition - we have locks to burn as always

Dec 17, 2020, 04:19

Listen dumbarse that report is out of date and he was called up to a camp before the WC again in 2019 as well.

Dec 17, 2020, 07:22

Copy and paste verification....it shouldn’t be hard.

Dec 17, 2020, 10:52

Not really interested in what happened in the past and your assessment of situations and players are seriously flawed anyway,    Have yet to come across a case where you did not distort whatever happened on the field of play and especially on performances by players,   Not only distorted, but also based on total ifnorance as to what is expected from players in the different positions they play in.

Of one thing I am sure - Schickerling will be  Springbok soon and Mostert will not be one in future,   

Dec 17, 2020, 10:52

Not really interested in what happened in the past and your assessment of situations and players are seriously flawed anyway,    Have yet to come across a case where you did not distort whatever happened on the field of play and especially on performances by players,   Not only distorted, but also based on total ifnorance as to what is expected from players in the different positions they play in.

Of one thing I am sure - Schickerling will be  Springbok soon and Mostert will not be one in future,   

Dec 17, 2020, 16:32

Yes we have heard all that a hundred times before......you claimed Schickerling was within a few games of replacing Mostert in the WC team and was at a training camp just before the WC.....evidence please.

Dec 17, 2020, 18:00

I asked for actual examples where in tests in 2019 Mostert played good rugby and you never answered.   Give me that answer  and I will go and check the training squad particulars for 2018 and 2019.  

Dec 17, 2020, 18:07

Trapped in a lie you squirm and divert. You claimed he attended a training camp, I see no evidence of it.....produce your evidence, or apologize or be reminded of this on every string.

The choice or your’s.

You need to Log in to reply.