Journeyman JJ to play for SunWolves

Forum » Rugby » Journeyman JJ to play for SunWolves

Dec 16, 2019, 20:33

So the best since Gerber is now plying his trade at the SunWolves- their last season in SuperRugby. This is off the back of being a world cup joker wild card for a club team in France.

It was clear that JJ has lost his pace, which was his best asset. He must never much of a thinker, but he was very effective in space. It was obvious to most including JJ's goldfish that he would have been a better winger than a centre.

Dec 16, 2019, 22:46

Greatest 13 I've seen....and he never missed that TN losing  tackle on Barrett!

Dec 16, 2019, 22:59

The Bulls have signed the player who missed Barrett

Far worse signing than the Sunwolves

Both are crap signings!!

Dec 16, 2019, 23:50

I'm thinking of JJ as best of all time at 13....I understand O' Driscoll has the JJ tapes! Savea calls him the Invisible Man.

Dec 17, 2019, 00:17

I never said JJ WAS the best 13 since Gerber I said than on form in that year he was outstanding beating the likes of Conrad Smith one on one.

His competition at the time was Fleck, Joubert and Fourie.

JJ on fire was looking the best bet for next best unfortunately the softy in him ended ruling the day.

He had a shinning year for the Boks on attack best I had seen in ages. Similar skill set as Jessie Kriel but without the hard edge Jessie has

At least I am able to volunteer getting players wrong - something you are incapable of Moz and that’s not a strength

I stand by my take on JJ that year as a Bok and I concede I got him wrong when his frailty emerged

Dec 17, 2019, 01:54

Relax Dave....I'm just teasing. I actually liked JJ when I saw him initially on the wing for the Stormers. He was hard to put down and quick. But sadly ended up as another flame out. Same  is true for Goosen and I'm guessing Bosch will join the club.

Dec 17, 2019, 02:07

JJ was like Spies good athletes but no hard edge

Disagree on Goosen, had it all but like Frans Steyn got lost playing away from home far too early

Their priorities were not for the love of playing for the Boks but clearly for the cash

Bosch has all the talent but no frame to grow into. At best a 10 coming off the bench at test level maybe

Dec 17, 2019, 07:52

Bullshit!!

Why deny it now, Stupid? We've been quoting you for years.

I remember how you even conjured a side step that never existed ... telling us how he beat a defender off his left foot ... and when we went to see this amazing footage we were horribly disappointed to see none.

It was just another Stupid Dave thumbsuck.

You remember that?

No of course you don't.

Dumb Ass!!

Dec 17, 2019, 12:05

Cunt shut up you know fuck all about the game and dont fucking lie about what I have said or not said

You wouldn’t know what stepping off the left foot was you fucking idiot as if I actually said that.

What I did say was he left Conrad Smith for dead - fact

Talk us through Boshoff at 10 for the Boks you rugby ignorant prick

Fucking joke that you are

Dec 17, 2019, 12:16

Major blunder by Dave!

Yes Moz had JJ stayed at the Stormers and stayed on the wing he may have played more tests for the Bok. 

Any comparison with Gerber is of course daft.

Dec 17, 2019, 12:44

Beenkop where did I compare him to Gerber you thick prick?

I said he could be the best 13 SINCE Gerber you dumb fuck

Is English your 3rd language?

Dec 17, 2019, 15:15

Haaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaha ... is that a hissy fit, Stupid?

Noob if ever there was one.

Dec 17, 2019, 18:05

No Cunt just pointing out a fact something that is beyond you

Killed any black people lately?

Dec 18, 2019, 02:00

Andre Snyman at 13 was one of the best in the professional era. He also played wing, but he was good for a while at outside centre.  When he broke his leg tackling Christian Cullen, I think he faded away. 

Dec 18, 2019, 02:00

Dec 18, 2019, 03:34

Yeah I’d add Snyman to the list he was powerful.

Actually I forgot about Japie Mulder he was the next best after Gerber

Gerber Mulder Fourie Joubert Snyman Fleck

In that order relating to 13’s of the past

Dec 18, 2019, 03:37

Japie Mulder was very good. Similar in many ways to Jaque Fourie, but even more physical. 

Dec 18, 2019, 03:59

Mulder was the better athlete big and powerful with a great step.

Fourie was so slippery and had one hell of a try scoring strike rate

Difficult choice between them - both great players

You need to Log in to reply.