Kerevi spectacular

Forum » Rugby » Kerevi spectacular

Apr 24, 2016, 02:02

What a performance from the Reds' centre. Eighteen runs netting 109 metres leaving 6 defenders in his wake. The way he shredded Allende to set up a Reds' try was discouraging. Every time this guy touched the ball he was a threat, a refreshing change from the boring phase running or tractoring of so many of our centers. Having the choice between Kuridrani and Kerevi is a luxury we can only covet.

KereviC09181093630

Apr 24, 2016, 04:35

So Mozart discovered a new hero in Kerevi because De Allende missed one tackle on him.  Standard fare - I suppose we will hear about that missed tackle for the next five years.   

Apr 24, 2016, 06:11

Missed one tackle? Nope he missed 2 in 8 attempts. But it wasn't that he missed the tackle which led to a try, it's that he was doormatted. As I said many a time, Allende is a poor tackler.

Apr 24, 2016, 06:42

And your heroes is not worse?   De Allende ad no rugby for three months and he came back from a long lay-off and he is under attack already in his first start in more than three months.  What rot must we hear again and again - but as I stated that we will continue top hear for the next five years.

This is why Dave got sick of what is written on this site.  A load of tripe constantly repeated  and it really is producing nothing new.

Apr 24, 2016, 14:24

Whine-a-lot why don't you just admit he is a poor defender......Oz test last year lost with an Allende miss, the Barrett try which decided the WC semi an Allende  positional blunder, the last Reds try yesterday which put the match at risk.....an Alllende miss.

He can put in a big hit, but he can't be relied on to make a tackle that counts or position and activate the defensive line. His issue a year ago was defence....it's still his issue. 

Apr 24, 2016, 14:58

Same old story - the Barrett try scoring has been discussed in detail and you made the standard fool of yourself when you posted a clip and it proved that you lied outright about what happened there.   

Players will all miss tackles - none more so than  De Jongh and Fat Fransie - yet never a word about their defense.   Only concentrate on De Allende - one of your remaining pet hates

Apr 24, 2016, 18:26

Allende is not a pet hate....the Barrett clip proved only one thing, Allende was out of position....de Jongh and Frans have never been poor defenders.

Apr 24, 2016, 18:50

Mama mia

Both has had desperately poor stats in Super Rugby for three years running - much worse then De Allende ever had.  But then you always said when the issue of their stats were raised - that their stats do not reflect their real value to the team - so one must accept that poor defense only applies to some players and not to others.    

Apr 24, 2016, 21:12

He had a great game...its a bonus having skill and pace packaged in a 108kg body 

Apr 24, 2016, 21:52

..a growing trend this side of the woods is to have a busting Fijian in the centre...Nadolo often seen in the centre...Tamanivalu two tries for the Chiefs on the weekend at centre...Kerevi and Kuridrani already mentioned...when in doubt, throw a flying Fijian in the centre..

Apr 24, 2016, 22:05

Tamanivalu looks a quality player as well......a real handful......big centres with pace make a huge difference......which is why de Allende is so good for us.....he was poor this weekend but that wont last

Apr 24, 2016, 23:37

...there are rumours a couple of other Fijians looking to switch to union from league...

Semi Radarada the most devastating winger in the comp is reportedly threatening to quit after being denied the chance to play State of Origin...he's in the unusual situation of being allowed to play for Australia after living there for three years, yet ineligible to play Origin having not resided in New South Wales or Queensland prior to his 13th birthday...

Marika Koroibete also a prolific try scorer who plays for the Melbourne Storm league team is rumoured to being making a cross town move to the Melbourne Rebels...awesome on attack...but would be wasted on the Rebels and should perhaps consider playing for the Mighty Chiefs instead..

May 02, 2016, 03:21

...Looks like a walk in the park for the Crusties this weekend now Kerevi is out with a broken hand...

So now the Reds are forced to bring in redhead Campbell Magnay from the Australian Under-20s camp on the Gold Coast as a second option given that Feauai-Sautia has missed two games with an ankle issue and is in doubt...

Also wanted to add to the forementioned list another Fijian centre/wing who will play for the European Cup finalists Saracens next year...Definitely a player to watch, Sevens star, speedster Savenaca Rawaca signed a multi year contract in January..

May 02, 2016, 07:05

Yup, if in doubt throw in a Fijian center or wing, if not available try a Samoan, e.g. Smith in France:P  They tried that only to find he was not eligible because he played 1 game in NZ 7s All Black team:P 

All this shows how the original nationality of a players is becoming a gray area for national teams to exploit. Oz is really exploiting it and so are many of the European teams. Good for the pacific islanders but turning the whole "national team" thing into a joke.

May 02, 2016, 07:08

De Allende looked a bit lost out their & a very mediocre player. Most players come back from injury in top shape & do well but not this guy so something is going on. 

I agree he has potential & God knows the Boks need a tough center with skills. We will see of de Allende can get back what he had. 

Even at his best he was not a world beater though so I wouldn't get carried away.

May 02, 2016, 07:10

Brycy, I agree the loss of Kerevi is a big loss the Reds (& my fantasy rugby team). Good for the Saders who should send a signal to the rest of the comp that they are for real.

Jul 19, 2017, 20:15

This is the thread on the link where Urinal claims I confused Kuridrani and Kerevi....notice my comment:

'Having a choice between Kuridrani and Kerevi is a luxury we can only covet'.....I sure had them confused.

Jul 19, 2017, 22:50

Grow up little child and stop lying.

I already put up the thread I was referring to and here it is again.

Now on that thread, the sequence of events is pretty clear.

1. Moffie claims that Goosen won't be able to defend against Kuridrani.

2. Ou Maaik points out that Kuridrani's form has been rather poor of late.

3. Moffie attempts to disprove what ou Maaik is saying by putting up a quote about Kuridrani's excellent form . . . only being a stupid rugby noob, Moffie puts up a quote about Samu Kerevi rather than Tevita Kuridrani.

4. Ou Maaik (quite rightly) tells Moffie that he's confusing Kuridrani with Kerevi.

5. Moffie starts sputtering and telling his childish little lies . . . and he's still doing it over a year later.

Not dissimilar to the legendary Jaco Taute/Francois Hougaard gaffe that Moffie was never man enough to admit.

A weak, deceitful, stupid and laughably self-important fool!

Jul 19, 2017, 23:23

Wrong Urinal .....Pervert claims I lost track of circumstances ie the form of Kuradrani and the rise of Kerevi. I referenced this thread demonstrating I was very aware of Kerevi's form. After which The ineffably stupid Tokkie confirms I know the difference between the two players saying:

'That is not the point here. You are talking about Kuridrani - your hero of last year - and I reminded you of Kerevi - your hero this year.'

To which I replied

' No you made the allegation that I never knew about Kerevi and Folau at 13 and I stuffed it down your throat. Enjoy your crow.'

Now have a bottle of or two of Carboardeaux or stuff some powder up your snot filled nostrils .

LMAOFY!

Jul 19, 2017, 23:56

OK 

Lets get this straight.  Kerevi was the guy on whom Goosen made a try-saving tackle - the tackle Mozart lied as per normal  saying that it was a "weak tackle".

Game, set and match.  

Jul 20, 2017, 00:23

Goosen? Who dat....oh yes the great prospect who is now a dropout. ...

LMAOFY!

Told you so .......waaaaaahahahaha!!

Jul 20, 2017, 01:45

Lied though as per normal - you are the total liar on site.

Jul 20, 2017, 02:05

Nah, having totally lost the argument you are trying your usual change the subject tactic...I'm just not buying it.

Jul 20, 2017, 06:55

You are always changing subjects - hence the re-surrection of this thread. 

Jul 20, 2017, 08:07

Twisting the facts again I see, hey Chip?

Will you ever learn?

You have GOT to be a damn fool to go digging up a thread that made your name tottie.

LOL!!

Jul 20, 2017, 09:34

Talking about lies - Mozart cannot help himself.   He was lying when he said De Allende failed to tackle Nonu in the WC semi and when caught out by a clip he posted himself - he changed his story.    The player to cover Barrett in that case was Pietersen who did not cover Barrett, but the liar did not even mention Pietersen.   Caught lying as per normal and he repeated it in this thread.  Totally unable to stop lying when caught out.   

Jul 20, 2017, 09:34

Talking about lies - Mozart cannot help himself.   He was lying when he said De Allende failed to tackle Nonu in the WC semi and when caught out by a clip he posted himself - he changed his story.    The player to cover Barrett in that case was Pietersen who did not cover Barrett, but the liar did not even mention Pietersen.   Caught lying as per normal and he repeated it in this thread.  Totally unable to stop lying when caught out.   

Aug 13, 2019, 20:42

And we might as well put up this string. Showing Rooi Urinal Peeper knows I have been a Kerevi fan since 2016.......while lying to the Board by claiming I never knew who he was till this year.

Game, set and match yet again.

Would everything in life was as easy as putting Peeper in his place.

Aug 14, 2019, 00:06

109m! I bet Damian saw flashbacks as he was shredded, like Rocky seeing flashbacks of Drago in Rocky V, only Kuridrani! :D

I wish I saw this game.  

You need to Log in to reply.