You need to LOG IN to reply.

Kudos to Ed

Forum » Rugby » Kudos to Ed

Mar 08, 2019, 19:52

The Beeno's Trumpet section is a real plus for the Board....a way of surfacing some interesting views and information. When I look at other sporting and news related chat sites, Ruckers stands out for it's originality.

I still believe a separate Competition segment would attract fresh viewers, but who would argue with the instincts of the man behind the mirror.

Some good rugby in prospect this weekend....my compliments to Ed and all our members.

Mar 08, 2019, 19:56

Hoor hoor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mar 08, 2019, 22:03

Moz dare one say it but its the talent that posts on Beeno's Trumpet - and then we also have the comedy represented by the buffoons like rooijackass and his few supporters. The best of both worlds!!!:D

Mar 08, 2019, 23:09

Very true....every court needs it's jester, we have Rooi Koos Urinal Mint Peeper.

Mar 09, 2019, 01:36

I never did find out where this Urinal Mint name came from. I wonder if I really want to know. :D

Mar 09, 2019, 11:44

Well then ... lets put it to the vote ... all those in favour of a separate section for Fantasy, Super Bru and such like games say "aye" ...

AYE ... !!!!!!!!!!

Mar 09, 2019, 11:49

Aye

Mar 09, 2019, 11:55

“Posted by: Augenöffner (2834 posts) Mar 09, 2019, 01:36

I never did find out where this Urinal Mint name came from. I wonder if I really want to know. ”

IIRC, he called himself Piss Mint on some other forum at some stage. Urinal Mint is Moz’ “polite” version of the name.

Mar 09, 2019, 12:00

CC

This is an issue to be addressed  by thinking members - so Ceradunce does noty fall in that category and his vote is worthless.  

I do not think one can separate Fantasy as a rugby performance and evaluation issue from the rest of the Rugby Forum.   It would kill the Rugby Forum  because the real rugby discussions will vanish to another component and the Rugby forum will die - nobody wants to deal with the silliness that is the norm of some posters not participating in fantasy and other competitions.  

So my vote is NO.   

Mar 09, 2019, 12:03

Fantasy rugby is not real rugby. It's a separate game. For those who wish to play it, let their discussions be gathered together instead of floating around discussions centred around real rugby. 

Aye.

@Cera: I see. That, coupled with his choice of avatar, makes me wonder. Perhaps he'd be less frustrated, self-hating and angry if he came out of the closet. 

Mar 09, 2019, 12:21

No

Fantasy rugby is a rugby issue - lunacy stemming from of rugby ignorance is not/

Mar 09, 2019, 12:26

Fantasy rugby is a rugby issue - lunacy stemming from of rugby ignorance is not/

What the hell kind of sentence is that? Wait till Schulleiter Rot sees this. :D

Mar 09, 2019, 12:28

IIRC, he called himself Piss Mint on some other forum at some stage. Urinal Mint is Moz’ “polite” version of the name.

I think it's the other way round, Cera.

Mar 09, 2019, 12:33

Nay leave fantasy rugby on the rugby section as its all grist to the mill.

Mar 09, 2019, 12:36

Bit surprised that nobody has commented on the fact that "Beeno's Trumpet" is such a distinguished title. Lends gravitas to the section. Ed exceeded himself in choosing the title!

Mar 09, 2019, 14:01

A seperate section is not a bad idea, especially if you guys can get a thread going with player stats etc. On the main board such threads are useless, because they get pushed off the front page too quickly .

Mar 09, 2019, 14:05

The problem is that on he Beeno Trumpet page there are two extremes -

*   the lauding of people without dealing with real issues and reasons for wat is happening; and

*   the degrading of the same people without some logical and facural reasons for doing so,

I have constantly tried to be objective and to give background as to what is happening  in the world and pointing out factual reasons for the world we live in at present.

One should rather see factual discussion and not emotion explosions on site.   .  

Mar 09, 2019, 14:22

Ou maaikie you are of course a paragon of virtue and we would all be lost without your "moral" guidance!:angel:

Mar 09, 2019, 14:23

Mike, your contributions in Beeno's section were most welcome. You seem to know quite a bit about global politics and history seems to be a hobby of yours.

You are right though, there seems to be too much emotions surrounding that particular subjects.

Mar 09, 2019, 14:25

History... to a certain point. 

Mar 09, 2019, 14:32

Auge, you should point me to  a few "alternative" history sites in the Beeno section. You've hinted at a few things that I love reading about, but quality material on the subject is sort of rare.

Mar 09, 2019, 14:35

We live in a heavily regulated society. Most of what is taught in our history books is nonsense. What's forced down our throats is "alternative" history.

Mar 09, 2019, 15:05

Yes Draad, Mike has a grasp of political issues and history. Quite the man of the world..

Mar 09, 2019, 17:15

Beeno

I have been interested in history all along.   In school I was the top scholar in History and when the school asked me what book I wanted as a prize I said :War and Peace" by Tolstoy.   The Book was donated by Dr HMJ van Rensburg - a cousin of my mother - who later on was Chairman of Parliament for years.

My family had been very prominent socially in the Southern Cape as owners of a farm with homes built in the 1700's and  was visited by many ministers and leading politicians - especially PW Botha - repeatedly.

My mother was not very impressed by the Apartheid policy and was rather difficult politically.  She made sure that the farm labourers children were all educated and set up for future careers.   Quite a liberal in fact.

Since 1973 I have travelled widely to countries all over the world and  by meeting ordinary people I learned a lot about their cultures and backgrounds as well.   It is not the Hollywood movies that tells what people really are. 

I was brought up in an environment where historical and political issues were frequent in many ways and it obviously had a major impact on my thinking on issues,   I have read very widely on the subject and  present History teaching is a twisted abomination.   History became a weapon to be used by politicos and is not really what happened.

Politics is also a highly controlled environment with the  political elite and the media controls everything  and is twisted to allow for achieving of  their  objectives.   One has to go beyond that  to realize what is really going on.   I believe that I normally try and indicate what the  situation on the ground really is.             

Mar 09, 2019, 19:14

Did a history major myself at UCT and loved it but these days its a fight against globalist and the one world government. Rooitwit is the ultimate example of a duped brain dead zombie.

For sure today its all about the MSM brainwashing the public and anybody sucking up their lies will have no clue.

Mar 09, 2019, 19:15

Wow!

So now, after months and even years of tearful foot-stamping, childish tantrums and even wrecking the margins of the posts as Moffie demanded his right to post all subjects in the rugby section, the doddering old fool finally concedes that it might actually be a good idea to have separate sections for different sports and politics.

LMAO!

Of course, there's no acknowledgement that I was right all along . . . the pompous old fop will probably pretend it was all his idea.

Mar 09, 2019, 19:16

If Baboon-ou was actually ever at UCT he would have been an anthropology exhibit.

Mar 09, 2019, 19:23

rooitwit you seem desperate to take credit wonder why- Hahahahahahahahaha

Always remember rooitwit you are a slack jawed Neanderthal!

Mar 09, 2019, 19:29

No Baboon-ou, I'm not desperate to take credit even though I was probably the chief instigator in terms of posting different topics in separate sections, just noting the cowardly old fop who has finally seen the light and can't admit how wrong he was or how pathetically juvenile his behaviour was when I tried to get people posting different subjects in different sections.

You just keep on slurping at Moffie's tailpipe. It's the one thing in life that you actually do well.

Mar 09, 2019, 19:37

Sweet Jesus Here we go again

Mar 09, 2019, 19:39

Chippo, you don't think I have a point?

Mar 09, 2019, 20:43

Poor old Peeper....desperate for credit. This would be a huge thing in his life.....LMAOFY!

Mar 09, 2019, 21:41

Dayamn! You can't make this sh!t up!

Mar 10, 2019, 05:16

I have just the thing for such occasions. Here you go Herr Rot...

Mar 10, 2019, 06:52

Hahahaha.....yes, that sums it up.

Mar 10, 2019, 11:41

Hahaha haha brilliant one organhuffer!!!!

Thanks to rooitwit for your contribution - Beeno giving credit where it's due:angel:

Mar 10, 2019, 13:13

You guys sure have short memories ... I can understand Mozart's memory issue, suffering from brain fatigue and all ... and then there's BeanDip, who we all know is just not up to speed on most things ... but the rest of you are relatively young ... and should recall how many times he's bitched about non rugby content posted in the rugby section.

Come now, Gimps ... try to keep up will ya ... !!

Mar 10, 2019, 13:57

Are you talking about how many time ou rooijackaa has complained about non rugby posts on the rugby section when does it himself again and again weird wee cc _ who just has no clue whatsoever.

bwhahahahaha :D

Mar 10, 2019, 15:15

Hahaha.....I only mentioned my views again in the first post on this string. Is that too much for you to remember Turncoat? Lickspittle desperately trying to help Vainglorious.

You need to Log in to reply.